Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Dec 2012....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I can not see my belly button anymore!

My belly button is just yock. I have a big stretch mark across it and my belly button thats normally an innie is sticking out like a sore thumb. Rubbing bio oil into it every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Princessa wrote: »

My belly button is just yock. I have a big stretch mark across it and my belly button thats normally an innie is sticking out like a sore thumb. Rubbing bio oil into it every night.

Mine is stretched and surrounded by stretch marks and quite sore! I might as well be rubbing cooking oil on my skin for all the good bio oil has done- I think it's all down to genetics at the end of the day!!

My 1 year old brings me my shoes:) she is hilarious.
    I will resort to wearing ugg boots soon,not because I like them but because there are no laces,
    The 3 year old is brilliant for picking up stuff I drop and knock so between them they are quite useful:)
    The 2 year old I mind loves the step ladder up to the changing unit:)

The heart burn was awful last week,it is better this week thankfully.

hmmm what to get baba bump/bump a lump for christmas..:)

In the states getting baby his first Christmas ornament is usually a big deal! My mom picked me up one and will be mailing it over :D we were thinking of trying to find a nice stocking for him and maybe one little stuffed animal just so he has one thing wrapped under the tree!
    Any ideas on where to find smaller stockings for baby?

Would Irish people be big on stockings? Still a little unfamiliar with how Christmas is done here versus the states since we do Christmas morning just my OH and me and his family doesn't do much of anything for the holiday!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

As regards due dates, I'm due to go on a big drinking session this weekend:P

Beerfest in Germany:D

Just thought I'd say that to wind up all ye lot dreaming of drinks again (and Mrs Patser who's reading this over my shoulder and telling me to add us to the Due Date list)

Irishrose1981 2nd
    Scrgirl 14th
    Rachineire 15th- Boy
    Mrs Patser 17th
    Funksoulsista 20th
    Xiwang 21st
    Piper101 27th
    Mel1 - 27th
    Jeni 28th
    Moonbeam 29th
    Princessa - 1st Jan (? early induction in Dec) - Surprise.

Drink a pint for me!! And that's ok Mrs. Paster can make up.for it after babs is born and you can be at home on baby watch :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

Oh pints.... Soon... :)
    I hadn't even thought about a Xmas gift. But thanks for reminding me, babies first Santa! My first time to do Santa!
    Btw I don't know the sex of baby yet. And seriously no clue despite gorgeous 3d scan of its face which is very pretty and Girly in some ways yet another way reminds me if my brothers and nephews!!
    Has everyone got their buggies yet? Think we will bite the bullet this weekend and get a quinny buzz 4. Any thoughts? What did the rest of ye go for?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I am lucky I have no got stretch marks yet...

The Quinny buzz is popular and once you do not use it for walking on anything except paths and in shops then it is fine:-)
    Nearly e everyone I know with them has a 2nd buggy too though.
    I remember the excitement of buying the 1st buggy and the amounts of research that went in to it,then the same with the double:-) I asked strangers on the street their opinions on their buggies and tried some out in the zoo.

The city wheels buggies are really popular at the moment too and heard good things about them.

It is my 2 big girls trying to buy every baby toy they see for baba bump:-)
    Christmas stockings are a tradition here too:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

Nearly every shop around will sell crimbo stockings, even woodies, spar have the babies first crimbo in blue pink and red :)

My little one Informed me that baby will be too young to get a pressie from santy, that me, her n daddy should just buy babs a swing and play matt that of couse she should pick out, id love to get even just an hour inside her little four year old brain to see how she thinks ;)

jeni wrote: »
    Nearly every shop around will sell crimbo stockings, even woodies, spar have the babies first crimbo in blue pink and red :)

My little one Informed me that baby will be too young to get a pressie from santy, that me, her n daddy should just buy babs a swing and play matt that of couse she should pick out, id love to get even just an hour inside her little four year old brain to see how she thinks ;)

I think they are fascinating too Jeni, the things they come out with are just amazing. Im here half the time and im like did her Daddy tell her about that or has she just picked it up? Shes in the listening to EVERYTHING phase. Have to be so careful what we say around her, mentioned the other day i was a bit sore and all of a sudden she had a sore tummy... then thumb then a sore toe. :rolleyes:

scrgirl wrote: »
    Oh pints.... Soon... :)
    I hadn't even thought about a Xmas gift. But thanks for reminding me, babies first Santa! My first time to do Santa!
    Btw I don't know the sex of baby yet. And seriously no clue despite gorgeous 3d scan of its face which is very pretty and Girly in some ways yet another way reminds me if my brothers and nephews!!
    Has everyone got their buggies yet? Think we will bite the bullet this weekend and get a quinny buzz 4. Any thoughts? What did the rest of ye go for?

We got an uppababy, havnt used it yet though! Got a great deal on it with our car seat as well! I was planning on getting a stuffed animal to practice putting in and out of carseat and pram LOL!

Had a rough night's sleep- I was having a lot of cramping and pain down low- quite regular as well, like a dull throbbing. Could that be another type of Braxton hicks or was that stretching? I was so confused!

• Advertisement

Rachineire wrote: »
    I was having a lot of cramping and pain down low- quite regular as well, like a dull throbbing. Could that be another type of Braxton hicks or was that stretching? I was so confused!

How are you today Rachineire?

I was having a lot of cramping and pain down low- quite regular as well, like a dull throbbing. Could that be another type of Braxton hicks or was that stretching? I was so confused!

Eh not too much better, very sore tummy low down. Skin feels so stretched. More darting stabbing pains on and off and tons of pressure! Baby hasn't been too active either. I called the maternity to inquire and she said to see my gp, who won't have office hours until Monday. If it gets worse I will head in other than that I'm guessing it's stretching/ Braxton hicks?

Eh not too much better, very sore tummy low down. Skin feels so stretched. More darting stabbing pains on and off and tons of pressure! Baby hasn't been too active either. I called the maternity to inquire and she said to see my gp, who won't have office hours until Monday. If it gets worse I will head in other than that I'm guessing it's stretching/ Braxton hicks?
    I have had a few really strong sharp pains cramps down low a few times this week too once while driving(quite dangerous!) and also at night in bed or just in the evening. So sharp I had to really breath and stop what I was doing. I too figured it was braxton hicks. If u are worried I would really encourage u to go to your maternity hospital. They won't mind. No point worrying and stressing all weekend. Your gp will probably only send u in anyway as if there is any change in fetal movement pattern they will have to monitor the baby on those machines for galf an hour. I was sent down to the Coombe a few weeks ago as I mentioned to my community midwife the baby had been quieter than usual. I thought it was a little unnecessary and felt a little silly but they were lovely and said that its much better to get things checked out early. And it was a relief to see everything was normal. Also interesting to get a sneak peak onto the labour assessment ward! I was in a cubicle next to s woman clearly in la labour waiting to be moved up to the labour ward! She was already 6cm!

Btw I think the uppababy is my favourite stroller but its above our price range:(

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

You're a bit late for the beerfests Patser, all the good ones are already finished ;) If you happen to go to Bavaria or have time to snoop around a Getränkemarkt (off licence) anywhere else in Germany, see if you can find Löwenbräu Alkoholfrei for Mrs Patser. I know Löwenbräu is normally not the nicest beer but their non-alcoholic is one of the best around. Haven't seen it in Ireland yet but had friends bring it over from Munich for me and almost cried with joy drinking it.

I had some, mh, how to put it, mild? period-like pains last night, nothing else with it, I guess they might have been Braxton-Hicks? They were more uncomfortable than painful, like the pain the evening before the period actually comes. Midwife in ante natal class said that it's definitely only labour once you're not able to sleep through it so I went to bed to find out and luckily I was able to sleep almost instantly. Was just weird having an almost familiar pain that seemed long forgotten!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

Ladies, Have u all had your flu shots yet?

Was in for my check up yesterday, got flu shot and gp said it is being recommended for all pregnant women this year. Not sure if its free on the maternity scheme or not. I have to get it every year due to having no immune system of my own!

Also is any among you able to describe what a braxton hick feels like?

Was induced for both my kids so i have no idea what a real one feels like.

I too have had those sharp pains down south but assumed the baby was kicking me in the you know what! ;)

Mel 1 i got my flu shot on wednesday cost 30 euro worth every penny

Rachineire: I agree if you are worried and you dont want to wait till monday i would pop into the maternity hospital, its nothing they have not seen before.

Mel1: I havent had the flu shot yet, not going to bother getting it. Just a personal decision, Jeni was the flu shot not covered seems that it is recommended during pregnancy??

Rachineire: I agree if you are worried and you dont want to wait till monday i would pop into the maternity hospital, its nothing they have not seen before.

Mel1: I havent had the flu shot yet, not going to bother getting it. Just a personal decision, Jeni was the flu shot not covered seems that it is recommended during pregnancy??

I read up after i left the docs, seems its not only if i had a medical or doctors card, ive neither

I read up after i left the docs, seems its not only if i had a medical or doctors card, ive neither

Ah i see well at least you have some piece of mind for €30.

How is everybody feeling today? After kicking me from 2am-6am my nocturanal baby has gone asleep. Think i need to have a little chat about day and night with my bump :D:D:D
    My pregnancy app tells me im on day 200 - 80days to go. Holy Moly :eek:.

Going to try talk to the consultant on Tuesday about being induced at 37 weeks as its getting tougher to get around with the SPD as the bump gets bigger. We see what he says sure if he will even chat to me, if not the GP and physio will send a letter to my file.

I know how you feel, my pregnancy app says I only have 63 days left! Yikes!

I never did end up going. I felt like they would be annoyed with me or I would be waiting around for hours for nothing. He still isn't moving as much as before and I'm still sore with loads of pressure but I'm guessing this is all part of the last trimester and maybe baby is getting more cramped? Not sure. He was only active for an hour yesterday. And little wiggles randomly throughout the day here and there...maybe a growing spurt? Gah!

Anyways fingers crossed you get to talk to your consultant! It would be nice to be scheduled for induction and be able to pin a date down and know that there is some pain relief in sight!!

I'm on holidays for a week after today! OH and I are headed to cork Monday for the night. I've never been- anyone have any recommendations of things to do that doesn't involve tons of walking since we already plan to go to fota?

• Advertisement

I'm on holidays for a week after today! OH and I are headed to cork Monday for the night. I've never been- anyone have any recommendations of things to do that doesn't involve tons of walking since we already plan to go to fota?
    Drive around west cork, have lunch in Clonakilty, go to some of the beautiful
    beaches, you will love it. enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

I've only ever been to Cobh but would not recommend it for anyone as pregnant as me or even more, not too much to see, many restaurants are closed this time of the year and it's all very hilly so not much fun walking (went there on the way to fota, which is why I mention it here).

Re flu vacx, not keen on them and glad so far no one has mentioned it to me, but if my immune system wasn't as strong I might have a different point of view. It was recently discussed in the sticky pregnancy thread as well if anybody wants to read up on it more.

Anyways fingers crossed you get to talk to your consultant! It would be nice to be scheduled for induction and be able to pin a date down and know that there is some pain relief in sight!!

63 days yikes! Thats it exactly Rachineire, if i could get to talk to him and he said ok we will take you at 37/38 weeks then i know ok, i can do intensive physio 6 weeks after that point and then i can be flying around with my TWO children :eek::eek::eek:. But i went 10 days over on my little girl and the thoughts of being like this till the middle of Jan as opposed to the middle of Dec just makes me almost weep. I will never take my mobility for granted ever again.

Ooooh lovely, would you consider doing something relaxing together maybe go to the swimming pool or if you can get yourself a facial or something. You should post up on the cork forum and ask for some recommendations for nice restuarants.

xiwang wrote: »
    I've only ever been to Cobh but would not recommend it for anyone as pregnant as me or even more, not too much to see, many restaurants are closed this time of the year and it's all very hilly so not much fun walking (went there on the way to fota, which is why I mention it here).

Re flu vacx, not keen on them and glad so far no one has mentioned it to me, but if my immune system wasn't as strong I might have a different point of view. It was recently discussed in the sticky pregnancy thread as well if anybody wants to read up on it more.
    Oh cheers that's great info, we were really split on whether or not to go to cobh. Won't bother now- I'm not able for hilly walking at all!

Not sure about the flu vaccine myself I always seem to get sick after I get the shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

I never did end up going. I felt like they would be annoyed with me or I would be waiting around for hours for nothing. He still isn't moving as much as before and I'm still sore with loads of pressure but I'm guessing this is all part of the last trimester and maybe baby is getting more cramped? Not sure. He was only active for an hour yesterday. And little wiggles randomly throughout the day here and there...maybe a growing spurt? Gah!

I realy think if your concerned you need to go back to your doc and he will have no prob sending you back to the maternity hospital to get what i call the belly band test.

Last week i was sent for that test (Belly band) cant for the life of me remember the name for it, as i was concerned that baby was not moving as much as before. did my heart good. you can see the heart beat, the amount of movements, and how many of them you actually feel. I was amazed at how many movements there was i wasnt even aware of.
    Since then it hasnt stoped moving, was just havin a quite few days of growing. Do NOT be worried at anyone being annoyed at you, Its your right to be concerned and if your doc has no sympathy for that then i would be in two minds of asking to see a different doc in the surgery.

One other thing i might mention. While i was in the maternity ward, there was a woman there, sittin in the waiting room with here PJs and surgical socks on, She was about to head down for a section as she was havin twins.
    She told me, she was asked to come in at half seven tthat morning, she came in in her nighty with some baby clothes and her husband and was still sitting in the waithing room 6 hours later. There was no bed for her in the maternity ward. She didnt have anything else with her, no book, no mag, no drink nothing and wasnt offered anything as she wasnt to eat before the surgery anyway. Is it only me who thinks that is discracefull?:mad:

The said she should have got a letter to say that beds are scarce due to the baby boom. Ah lord she was sitting in that room on a hard chair, no tv or anything for 6 hours, Was quite an eye opener for me, hope ye all can take something from it also!

Hope ye are all well this week!:o

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

From what I hear that is not unusual :(
    I need some energy ,I am wrecked :(
    mel1 wrote: »

I realy think if your concerned you need to go back to your doc and he will have no prob sending you back to the maternity hospital to get what i call the belly band test.

Last week i was sent for that test (Belly band) cant for the life of me remember the name for it, as i was concerned that baby was not moving as much as before. did my heart good. you can see the heart beat, the amount of movements, and how many of them you actually feel. I was amazed at how many movements there was i wasnt even aware of.
    Since then it hasnt stoped moving, was just havin a quite few days of growing. Do NOT be worried at anyone being annoyed at you, Its your right to be concerned and if your doc has no sympathy for that then i would be in two minds of asking to see a different doc in the surgery.

One other thing i might mention. While i was in the maternity ward, there was a woman there, sittin in the waiting room with here PJs and surgical socks on, She was about to head down for a section as she was havin twins.
    She told me, she was asked to come in at half seven tthat morning, she came in in her nighty with some baby clothes and her husband and was still sitting in the waithing room 6 hours later. There was no bed for her in the maternity ward. She didnt have anything else with her, no book, no mag, no drink nothing and wasnt offered anything as she wasnt to eat before the surgery anyway. Is it only me who thinks that is discracefull?:mad:

The said she should have got a letter to say that beds are scarce due to the baby boom. Ah lord she was sitting in that room on a hard chair, no tv or anything for 6 hours, Was quite an eye opener for me, hope ye all can take something from it also!

Hope ye are all well this week!:o

Mel1 thats terrible isnt it? Even if they mentioned it to her earlier that we cant section you for at least 4-6hrs as we have no beds in post natal, her hubby might have been able to run and get her some entertainment in a tescos or a tracksuit to go sit in the cafe and have a cuppa, keep her phone on her and get the midwife to ring her as soon as things change.

I honestly think its the little things you do for people that make the difference. If somebody just takes the time to explain things to you, or trys to relate and see things from your point of view it really means so much.

My friend had her baby during the summer, she was an elective section for 2 previous sections. Had her section monday and on wednesday morning she was asked to go home as there was a bed shortage. The lady in the bed opposite her had her baby at 4am - no epidural and was also asked to go home at 8am. My friend did go home and had to go in to get the clips removed on day 4 post section then. Crazy stuff. She said they were asking all mothers on their 2nd/3rd etc babies would they go home due to bed shortage and it was elective section day.

Band is called a tracer me thinks ;)

Band is called a tracer me thinks ;)

Yeah when they brought me in for spotting they put me on the tracer and the little babs didnt like being touched and it kept kicking the pads off so the heartbeat kept getting lost. Ha touch me not. :D The trace was full of movements though.

• Advertisement

My sister got a tracer done and babs got the hic ups she said it was deadly ;)

Advertisement