Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Dec 2012....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Men are from Mars women are from Venus, couldn't be more true, its like their brains do not work the way ours do. I love my hubbie very much and in fairness he has been great with helping out and looking after me. But I have bought everything for the babs so I have since delegated bits n bobs such as a clothes horse onto him to get!!

Boots seem to have some lovely stuff and I think I saw some neutral stuff in there. Nice new big Boots in Blanchardstown if anyone is near there.

Washed the babys clothes, they are just too cute and small!!

Princessa ta for reminder about movement decreasing, must keep an eye to work out what is normal for babs, at the moment I'm convinced he/she is going to grow up to be a Zumba instructor!!

Had another antenatal class this week, all about labour positions, interesting and made things very real!!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

No problem FunkSoulSista, i couldnt remember that from my last pregnancy. Midwife just mentioned it yesterday at the apt, she was lovely.

Ladies ye are all off washing any everything already. Think i am going to wait till Nov, ha ha even if its the first. if i washed stuff now id be like ah il freshen it up again in a few weeks :D

Mel1 i dont have a bag either, think il use a little suitcase i have though....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Moonbeam wrote: »
    all my new born stuff and most of my 0-3months stuff is neutral.
    TK Maxx lovely have gorgeous little sets.

Saw so much nice baby stuff today kind of wishing I knew if bump was a boy or girl:) If it is a girl I get to buy nothing if it is a boy I get to go shopping!!!

I couldn't not know, the suspense would be the end of me!! I think if I have one boy, one girl...IF, big if, I have a third i might let it be a surprise. But im an obessive planner so it may drive me insane :P

thanks for the heads up princessa about the decreased movement. He was super quiet last weekend and I was in bits about it. I also had tons and tons of pain, but i think he was growing and I was stretching. He is still moving lots but less big kicks, more shuffling? I was cooking dinner tonight and frying something in a pan and he was going nuts! It made me laugh :D

Good thing we were in cork yesterday and not today...all that flooding! its insane, especially since the weather was so fine yesterday morning! That being said I am SO wrecked today. my back is in agony. Its so tight and no amount of heat/ball is making it better. I had my OH elbowing the knots trying to loosen it up. I think even a short trip to cork and the drive is too much for me at this stage. I'm really hoping I will be able to drive all the way to the end...my OH doesn't drive and it will be no good if I can't drive! :(

We got a TON of clothes from a friend of ours. I have done 5 loads today and am about half way through. I don't think i will have to buy much of anything babies first year. That being said I was in a panic last night because I thought that we had forgotten about buying underwear for the baby. That is- until my OH reminded me that babies wear diapers, NOT underwear. :o one of my finer blonde moments.

Going to start on hospital bags tomorrow...maybe. :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Dunno if this helps but it might...
    For the hospital pack 2 bags,one small one for labour and then a small case for after.

Also fit the car seat before hand,my hubby was hours late collecting me after my 1st cause he could not get the car seat in . It takes about 30 seconds but he had. no idea how to do it and clipped it from between the seats rather the through the slits in the seats.

I am going to have to work out which way the seats are going to go now too!
    I only have 2 isofix points and my own 3 car seats are all isofix,I reckon the younger 2 can have their rear facing isofix seats at the side and the big girls seat can take the belt in the. Middle and we can move her back a row if they annoy her too much:-) we also have the dog for long journeys and he usually gets the middle seat. Agghhhh it will all be real soon.

Rachineire wrote: »
    I was in a panic last night because I thought that we had forgotten about buying underwear for the baby. That is- until my OH reminded me that babies wear diapers, NOT underwear. :o one of my finer blonde moments.

Going to start on hospital bags tomorrow...maybe. :p

Ha ha ha thanks for that Rachineire, that made me laugh and now the baby is squirming around in my tummy, must have disturbed it.

Heres a question for ye now.... Rachineire said IF i have a third... How do you actually know when ok were done having babies? The OH says this is it... finished now after this one. Then he said when we can afford a third we will have one, to which his mums friend said you can never really afford them you just get on with it...
    So its back to two is final he is getting the snip. Id love three, maybe the same age gap three years between the three of them but id never force another one on him. Do you know on your last that its your last pregnancy... He tells me enough but it actually make me sad to think that this is the last little life im growing. Any of ye ladies know its yer last pregnancy and are you happy about it? A friend of mine was so thrilled after her 4th was born, she had a section and a TL and she seems very happy with her decision. She wanted 4, she has 4 - job done it seems to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭irishrose1981

Princessa wrote: »
    Ha ha ha thanks for that Rachineire, that made me laugh and now the baby is squirming around in my tummy, must have disturbed it.

Heres a question for ye now.... Rachineire said IF i have a third... How do you actually know when ok were done having babies? The OH says this is it... finished now after this one. Then he said when we can afford a third we will have one, to which his mums friend said you can never really afford them you just get on with it...
    So its back to two is final he is getting the snip. Id love three, maybe the same age gap three years between the three of them but id never force another one on him. Do you know on your last that its your last pregnancy... He tells me enough but it actually make me sad to think that this is the last little life im growing. Any of ye ladies know its yer last pregnancy and are you happy about it? A friend of mine was so thrilled after her 4th was born, she had a section and a TL and she seems very happy with her decision. She wanted 4, she has 4 - job done it seems to be.

i know it is my last,me daughter n hubbie said it but then hubbie said not to get them tied yet if i do get cs,so i told him im not going true it again a 3rd time my body just cant take it 2nd time hurts more and that two is enough for me even my daughter askd me not to have anymore just her and her brother/sister no more and i gave her my word.so im done.

went for a walk yesterday and in bits all night long as if the baby was coming my back my tummie was so sore,still in pain on my tummie,im 34 weeks now and just it over with now,but still scared,i didnt sleep much with the pain,at least im near the end now and ive my sis and kids coming down the weekend to keep an eye on me with me nearly passing out the weekend in the shop.my little 5 year old daughter is a joy she is always saying mam our you ok do you want me to tell the baby so stop hurting you and rubs my tummie even if im been sick she gets her dad and water and they both rub my back and when its bed time falls asleep with her hand on my tummie and says good night to me and the baby.shes gonna be a great big sister she cant wait till the day the baby comes god i love my little girl so much now ive to lovely kids i love so much now.

i know it is my last,me daughter n hubbie said it but then hubbie said not to get them tied yet if i do get cs,so i told him im not going true it again a 3rd time my body just cant take it 2nd time hurts more and that two is enough for me even my daughter askd me not to have anymore just her and her brother/sister no more and i gave her my word.so im done.

went for a walk yesterday and in bits all night long as if the baby was coming my back my tummie was so sore,still in pain on my tummie,im 34 weeks now and just it over with now,but still scared,i didnt sleep much with the pain,at least im near the end now and ive my sis and kids coming down the weekend to keep an eye on me with me nearly passing out the weekend in the shop.my little 5 year old daughter is a joy she is always saying mam are you ok do you want me to tell the baby so stop hurting you and rubs my tummie even if im been sick she gets her dad and water and they both rub my back and when its bed time falls asleep with her hand on my tummie and says good night to me and the baby.shes gonna be a great big sister she cant wait till the day the baby comes god i love my little girl so much, now ive to lovely kids i love so much now.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I dunno how I will ever know it is my last.
    This is number 3 and will hopefully not be my last,hopefully 4 will be but when I have 4 will I want another baby?
    More then 4 seems impractical...

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I dunno how I will ever know it is my last.
    This is number 3 and will hopefully not be my last,hopefully 4 will be but when I have 4 will I want another baby?
    More then 4 seems impractical...

Yeah i am just curious, if this was my third would i be happy to say ok done now or do you ever really know? I come from a family of three (2 girls one boy) and im close to my sister, not close in the slightest to my brother. My OH also comes from a family of three (2 girls - one boy) and they are all very close, i guess i have always just pictured myself with three kids - two girls and one boy. Think id be happy to say done then.. Irishrose1981 thanks for your reply and honesty. Moonbeam maybe when you are on your last you just know and you are happy with your decision. I really hope that theres one more left in my OH anyways and you obv hope that theres one more left in yours. Be nice for you if you had two and two of each.

sometimes i think that the baby is coming,i can feel the baby moving round and it feels like as if the baby has moved down abit as i feel sore down there when i walk and sometime when im in bed resting and try to turn on my side,and the bone hurts too on the right side,and keeps hitting off my hibs the baby does and i dont like that part and down there as it hurts more than the kicks and all,anyone else feel like this.i guess i just cant wait anymore and want it over with as my body is getting really tired now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

I was fairly sure at the beginning of this pregnancy that this was going to be my last but i realy do enjoy being pregnant! i know i complain about the leg pains and the early morning sickness but when i look down at my big round belly and see another little person squearming around and its little kicks and flips and how i never feel alone i do feel realy content!
    Have been considering this - my two kids now are realy close so maybe it be nice to have another soon after this one for them to have each other, and my other half would really would like another!
    Yea yea, its all grand now till screaming baby come out and i am like a haggy witch within a week and then be moan moan moan again.

Think i am just havin a good day today lol.

You are in the final stretch of it now Irishrose1981, you will get through this because lets just face it, us women are amazing! Try do anything that makes you feel some what more comfortable.

Mel1. Then would you want a fifth or would you know ok I am done i Have two close and two close. Tis all confusing.

I get to check changing mat off my list and i picked up a few sheets for baby but i am going to go to penneys and pick up plain white pillow cases instead i think. :D:D:D

I am getting some fierce kicks here tonight. Baby is getting strong out!

begs for the question to be asked.

Which came first, the chicken or the egg????

Who knows when enough is enough i suppose your finances, time, and head will decide that for you. I will decide at a later stage but i wont rush to get my tubes tied just yet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

I'm on number 1...not liking pregnancy too much so thinking 2 might be my limit but i suppose I can't say that until this one comes. My sister has 6, I think she'd go indefinitely if her health could stand it (difficult pregnancies)

30 weeks and 2 days, the oh is home for good in 2 weeks. Told my younger sister I'd start worrying about labour when I have him home. Really can't wait to see him. Can be pretty tough on my own.

Piper101 wrote: »
    Can be pretty tough on my own.

Mind yourself piper101. My OH works long hours, about 10 days 5 days a weeks so i dont get to see him much bar his two days off and i find it tough without him, let alone if he wasnt around at all.

Hitting the 30 week mark and i feel like a baby elephant. Same thing happened on my little girl, i hit 30 weeks and i just popped. My little girl informed me i waddle like a penguin now. :rolleyes:

Anybody else feel October is really after flying? I know its not over yet but i have a list of things i want to be finished by sometime in Nov and i havent even started it yet. Thank god my mum is home the end of this month. With the OH working all the time and i cant lift things i can rope her in to help me with all the bits i have to get done.

Anybody paint the nursery themselves? I was thinking id be able to do it myself if i keep the window open wide and the door open....

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

Piper101 wrote: »
    I'm on number 1...not liking pregnancy too much so thinking 2 might be my limit but i suppose I can't say that until this one comes. My sister has 6, I think she'd go indefinitely if her health could stand it (difficult pregnancies)

30 weeks and 2 days, the oh is home for good in 2 weeks. Told my younger sister I'd start worrying about labour when I have him home. Really can't wait to see him. Can be pretty tough on my own.

Piper you poor thing I don't don't know how you go through it alone. I have huge respect for any woman going through this journey without 24hr support! Delighted to hear he's on his way home for good hope he spoils you rotten.

I'm also on my first but am a very late starter at 38! So I don't know how many nature will allow me all going well I'd love 3. I had no problem getting pregnant with this one, in fact it was literally instantaneous as soon as we decided! So if conception continues to be that easy and I am not wrecked by the time no. 2 comes along ill hope for 3. Mind you my sister always wanted 4 but had her 3rd at 40 and said it was a million times harder so she stoped there!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

[...]

Anybody paint the nursery themselves? I was thinking id be able to do it myself if i keep the window open wide and the door open....

I wouldn't go anywhere near that now to be honest. We painted the fence for the chicken coop outside at 3 months and it almost killed me with the smells. Then OH painted over the laundry room at 4 months inside, we had virtually every window open in the house and the doors closed so the smell wouldn't go upstairs but I ended up being in the car for two hours because I couldn't stand the smell and had incredible headaches from it. I might have very strong reactions to the smell of paint, someone I know just painted their nursery at 33 weeks or so, I think it just comes down to how you react to it but I personally wouldn't risk it.

I have a question about sleeping. Are ye all sleeping in your left side? I usually sleep this way anyway so for the first 6 months I continued. But lately despite all the pillows in the world propping me I keep waking up on my back a few times a night. It's not supposed to be good for the baby but I can't help it! Any tips?

I go to sleep on my right and wake up on my back,I would not worry about it once you are comfie.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

scrgirl wrote: »
    I have a question about sleeping. Are ye all sleeping in your left side? I usually sleep this way anyway so for the first 6 months I continued. But lately despite all the pillows in the world propping me I keep waking up on my back a few times a night. It's not supposed to be good for the baby but I can't help it! Any tips?

Are you using pillows at your back as well? Do you have one of these long pregnancy/nursing pillows? They do wonders for comfyness and positioning and you can put them at your back so it's like you are hugged by a big pillow and held in place, no chance of rolling on your back.

I read that you shouldn't worry if you wake up on your back, just reposition yourself before you fall back asleep, you basically wake up because you need to reposition so you won't be on your back for too long before waking up and unlikely to harm baby in that short time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

Ive never heard of this sleeping on your left, whats the story ??

Piper I dont know how you do it- I rely on my OH so much! I'm sure your so excited for him to be home, I know I would be! Hope time flys for you!

I painted a little at around 27 weeks- just some touch ups. The fumes gave me a strong headache though, I don't know if i would even bother painting a whole room at this point.

Regarding the entire further pregnancies thing- I know i dont want this baby to be an only child but MAN pregnancy is not fun! Maybe because this is my first pregnancy and everything is stretching but it can be painful....my skin on the front of my stomach is in bits and so sore and I know im only going to get bigger in the coming weeks! So far we are planning on 2, but if the next baby is a boy we will try for three because I do want a girl as well. I don't think we will ever go beyond 3 but this is all hypothetical really. We are first time parents here, no clue what its going to be like honestly. But if all goes well thats the plan! :D I feel very lucky to have had such an easy pregnancy and for things to have gone the way they have gone so far. We had no trouble conceiving and have had no major scares or anything yet. I never realized until I became pregnant how hard it was for some couples to conceive! so I think at the end of the day we will be happy with what we have been lucky to have!

Have to say, this week from work has been great- but I think being off my feet has made walking around and stuff harder! I feel so stiff and sore. I was busy all day yesterday visiting friends and getting all my bits for my hospital bag and going out for a friends birthday. Got home at 10pm last night and was in AGONY! I had very strong period like pains as well- kinda coming and going. Not sure if those were braxton hicks or not as they weren't in my abdomen really, but more in the vaginal area. I got my OH to make me a hot water bottle and that helped ease the discomfort some. I guess I over did it?

And im the same with the sleeping stuff- I try and sleep on my sides, I find it kills my back though. I usually wake up on my back without fail every morning as well. I had never heard of NOT sleeping on your back until about half-way through the second trimester. I have taken to sleeping propped fairly upright- that way im still on my "back" but I'm hopefully not doing any harm cause my belly isn't pressing down on me. I have one of those long body pillows and I find it ok, but not great. I really want to get a wedge pillow to stick under my bump but I figure I only have a few weeks left so i won't bother! :)

jeni wrote: »
    Ive never heard of this sleeping on your left, whats the story ??

They say that you should try and sleep on your left side if possible as the heart is on the left side and it allows for better blood flow through your body and to the placenta. Sleeping on your back can cut flow to a major artery in your heart and cut down blood flow to the placenta because of the extra pressure from the bump. But i read that if you do wake up on your back its ok, nothing to panic over, just go back on your side. That you will wake up naturally before you cause you or baby any harm.

I asked my mom about it though and she said she never heard of anything like that when she was pregnant with us! Who knows how any of us are still here :p:rolleyes:

xiwang wrote: »

Are you using pillows at your back as well? Do you have one of these long pregnancy/nursing pillows? They do wonders for comfyness and positioning and you can put them at your back so it's like you are hugged by a big pillow and held in place, no chance of rolling on your back.

I read that you shouldn't worry if you wake up on your back, just reposition yourself before you fall back asleep, you basically wake up because you need to reposition so you won't be on your back for too long before waking up and unlikely to harm baby in that short time.

Yep pillows at back between legs under bump and at my head! Don't know how my oh fits in the bed at all! I was going to get one of those pillows but feel its Hardly worth it at thus stage. Good to hear what you read is exactly what I'm doing, I do wake up and reposition so hopefully this will suffice.

I'm also on my first but am a very late starter at 38! So I don't know how many nature will allow me all going well I'd love 3. I had no problem getting pregnant with this one, in fact it was literally instantaneous as soon as we decided!
    I have a question about sleeping. Are ye all sleeping in your left side?
    Rachineire wrote: »
    Maybe because this is my first pregnancy and everything is stretching but it can be painful....my skin on the front of my stomach is in bits and so sore some.

Scrgirl, thats fantastic that you had no trouble concieving on this one, and just so you know you are at your most fertile for 2 years after you give birth (Bar if you are breastfeeding and using the LAM method as a form of contraception of course). A lot of women use it to their advantage when they want 2 or three kids and either started late or just had difficulty concieving.

And in regards to the sleeping i am always waking up on my back, i get very sore on my side with the SPD so i try to vary between my right and left side.

Rachineire: Its not just on your first. My skin is so sensitive to touch, when i go from a sitting to standing position sometimes i can feel the pull on it. Ladies i would love to see pics of ye'r bumps. I feel huge. Since friday i swear i have just got bigger and my skin feels streched to the last even though im well aware there is lots more growing to go....

Scrgirl, thats fantastic that you had no trouble concieving on this one, and just so you know you are at your most fertile for 2 years after you give birth (Bar if you are breastfeeding and using the LAM method as a form of contraception of course). A lot of women use it to their advantage when they want 2 or three kids and either started late or just had difficulty concieving.

And in regards to the sleeping i am always waking up on my back, i get very sore on my side with the SPD so i try to vary between my right and left side.

Rachineire: Its not just on your first. My skin is so sensitive to touch, when i go from a sitting to standing position sometimes i can feel the pull on it. Ladies i would love to see pics of ye'r bumps. I feel huge. Since friday i swear i have just got bigger and my skin feels streched to the last even though im well aware there is lots more growing to go....

Never knew that about being most fertile after you have had a baby...makes sense though! A bump picture huh? I feel like a massive whale haha! I think im bigger today than I was two days ago!
    Yes skin is very sore- I guess it shrinks back so much after the first time it has to re-stretch it self all over again!

We are getting lots of questions about names lately- I think people are getting really curious as we are quite close-lipped! I think we have it narrowed down to the one name, but we have two others on a short list as well if for some reason that name doesnt suit...I dont think im really going to know until I look the baby in the face! anyone else picked names yet?

How unoriginal am i to be thinking, Holly as its due at xmas or Eve if its closer to new year.

We cant agree on boy name at all!

yep i was thinking about bump pics too!

You are in the final stretch of it now Irishrose1981, you will get through this because lets just face it, us women are amazing! Try do anything that makes you feel some what more comfortable.

Mel1. Then would you want a fifth or would you know ok I am done i Have two close and two close. Tis all confusing.

I get to check changing mat off my list and i picked up a few sheets for baby but i am going to go to penneys and pick up plain white pillow cases instead i think. :D:D:D

I am getting some fierce kicks here tonight. Baby is getting strong out!

i wouldnt mind my daughter didnt hurt this much,it was only once or twice with my daughter thats all,i guess thats why they say every pregnancy is different and that i will agree on it is. as this is my 2nd pregnancy and it does hurt more than my daughter.

lookd in the mirror there past few days at my bump and it has gotten abit bigger and sore to touch on parts of my tummie,i was saying it to my sis as she knows only to well as she has three kids,when i said it to hubbie god i look hugh all he could say was ur pregnant thats what happens and you will be sore your due any week now course your gonna be sore.id love for men to know the pain and feel the pain we're in lol.

i know our ohs mean well saying sure its nearly over but its the pain as your at the end of can hurt,i know im ok and nearly there guess i just cant wait for baby to be here and all the pain is over and worth it so we get to see our baby soon,thank god ive my scan on the 30th and this time i get to take my little girl this time as shes on her hols for hollween then.and we cant wait, all my family are over the moon and cant wait,thank god for big sisters as my sis and her oh will be down every weekend till the baby is born so if i do go into hospital when hubbie is in work they can get me down right away and hubbie be there waiting at hospital for me when i leave the house and get to the hospital.im so glad i have a lovely daughter and hubbie and close family thats i love so much.

• Advertisement

mel1 wrote: »
    How unoriginal am i to be thinking, Holly as its due at xmas or Eve if its closer to new year.

We cant agree on boy name at all!

yep i was thinking about bump pics too!
    We have a couple of girls names too nothing at all definite and neither of them are names I adore just names we both like and agree on. And really boys names are still totally up in the air! So we are a long way from deciding. My friend had a girl last Xmas and called her Holly :)

Irish rose enjoy having your sister close my big sis moved to brazil last year :( could do with having her close and the wisdom of her childbirth experience now.

Advertisement