Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Dec 2012....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

I got the flu shot last week- my arm was pretty sore and i had a big red circle where the injection site was, other than that I was fine. Perhaps a little achey that night! I tend to get the flu the years i get the shot though as its the previous years virus they are using for the medicine! :rolleyes:

Jeni that woman is blind! that looks like a cute little baby bump to me, not a pudgy tummy! I bet she got the embarrassment of a lifetime when you told her you were pregnant though!

I'm really dragging the last few days- my back is in bits all the time now! I am going to try and go back to the physio. I feel bad for my OH because I'm cranky and useless around the house and hes been very good! I'm equally looking forward to not being pregnant and getting really scared about having the baby here! (oddly enough not scared about the labor bit yet!) Baby was super super active last night though! Kept me awake until well past 3am! Doing somersaults and the whole lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭irishrose1981

xiwang wrote: »
    some people just don't use their brains seriously, what a stupid thing to say to you jeni :(

The flu jab was discussed in the main pregnancy thread as well, and many believe it is not researched enough to be convinced it's safe. Re the being sick immediately afterwards, that is absolutely normal though, after all you are after getting a needle with a certain amount of flu DIRECTLY into you (and baby), and some react stronger to that than others, depending on their immune system.

i got sick yesterday morning,it's all part on the pregnancy as i only have bout 4 weeks left till our baby comes cant wait,have scan on tuesday cant wait to see our little one and get pics,my little girl cant wait to see the baby on the scan and meet the baby face to face when he or she comes out,i didnt get the needle till 3:30 pm yesterday my arm is the only thing that hurts abit after the needle,everything else is all to do with the pregnancy,cant walk much as the right side down there is sore with the baby getin ready to come which is normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh god i would love a good nights sleep!

Rachineire wrote: »
    I got the flu shot last week- my arm was pretty sore and i had a big red circle where the injection site was, other than that I was fine. Perhaps a little achey that night! I tend to get the flu the years i get the shot though as its the previous years virus they are using for the medicine! :rolleyes:

Jeni that woman is blind! that looks like a cute little baby bump to me, not a pudgy tummy! I bet she got the embarrassment of a lifetime when you told her you were pregnant though!

I'm really dragging the last few days- my back is in bits all the time now! I am going to try and go back to the physio. I feel bad for my OH because I'm cranky and useless around the house and hes been very good! I'm equally looking forward to not being pregnant and getting really scared about having the baby here! (oddly enough not scared about the labor bit yet!) Baby was super super active last night though! Kept me awake until well past 3am! Doing somersaults and the whole lot!

your back will get even more sore near the end of your pregnancy but should stop once baby comes,my back is sore the last week or two even at night,hubbie and daughter are great they both tell me to sit down and rest and rub my back hubbie makes tea and daughter brings in something to have with it.

mel1 wrote: »
    oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh god i would love a good nights sleep!

know how you feel mel havent slept right since round 4 or 5 months.and would love to just have a good night sleep.

• Advertisement

know how you feel mel havent slept right since round 4 or 5 months.and would love to just have a good night sleep.

Ditto to allllll of that!! I love my husband and he has been so good to me but i find that he has gotten very clingy in bed the last couple of weeks...I nearly shoved him off the bed last night as he was RIGHT next to me (sleeping like a log) and i am having enough trouble getting comfy as is!

Got in to the physio today...the ones at the limerick maternity are so good I cant say enough good about them. I called this morning and she was able to squeeze me in this afternoon. My back was so tight and nothing I was doing was able to get the knots out. She made my back feel a million times better and gave me a bigger brace which supports the bump a lot better as well! I'm already feeling like I might just make it through the next couple of weeks and actually walk normal again one day :P

Thanks for the advice regarding the maternity payments- I feel like I have so many questions and I only ever get a little bit of information at one time- I've never claimed for anything before or gotten any social welfare so this is all new to me! I called them and they were nice enough on the phone- told me that as im going on leave the 1st of december they would be processing those applications next week and i should hear something back in two weeks (which only leaves like a week before I go on leave...eep!) is that cutting it close or is that just me being paranoid?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Leaky nipple alert!!!

Woke up to damp patch on my top! Do I have to start wearing those lovely pads now?

I got my flu jab Tuesday, no effects still.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

Leaky nipple alert!!!

Woke up to damp patch on my top! Do I have to start wearing those lovely pads now?

Yup when does that start again ?? i remember in work using panty liners, tmi ;) well needs must

jeni wrote: »
    Yup when does that start again ?? i remember in work using panty liners, tmi ;) well needs must

never had leaky nipples. feel like im missing out:D

had a very bad night wasnt able to sleep baby hurting all my right side for the past few days,i never used anything till i had my daughter and its the same on this pregnancy,you really only need the breast pads or panty liners which are just as good when you have the baby as your breasts will leak big time then.

• Advertisement

Leaky nipple alert!!!

I have a few days where I've leaked, its weird! I just went and bought a box of breast pads from tesco, they were super cheap and pretty comfy in the bra. I find I can actually tell the day i will leak versus not because my boobs tend to be more sore that day than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

No leaks here yet.
    Ok so I bought a big gym ball, now what exactly am I supposed to use it for? I figure for kegles but is there other exercises I should be doing in preparation?

omg am i in so much pain today,just been crying with the pain in my back,baby is killing my side and back big time today,sorry girls for having a moan but just really really sore big time today.

went for a walk thinking it would ease the pain but when i came back 15 mins later was in bits with my back again, i know im near the end when all this happens can not wait to see the baby and for it to be all over as my back ant able for any more,i have the surport belt but it only works now and again.hope everyone is ok and doing well.

Hope baby eases up on you irishrose!!

I've lost sleep again...was doing so good and getting a solid couple if hours most nights for over a week! Past two nights? Nothing! :(

On an upside, my baby app says 49 days left- eek!! Equally exciting and scary!

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

omg am i in so much pain today,just been crying with the pain in my back,baby is killing my side and back big time today,sorry girls for having a moan but just really really sore big time today.

went for a walk thinking it would ease the pain but when i came back 15 mins later was in bits with my back again, i know im near the end when all this happens can not wait to see the baby and for it to be all over as my back ant able for any more,i have the surport belt but it only works now and again.hope everyone is ok and doing well.
    Hav u thought about pregnancy yoga?
    It really helps relax tense muscle and ease pain and stengthens your back migh help irishrose.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

How you feeling today? Would a bath or going for a swim somwehere help perhaps? You're nearly there and theres a great present at the end of it!

scrgirl I think with the balls you are meant to rock from side to side and back and forth to exercise your pelvis? Someone else might know more?

No more leaking but midwife said to bring some pads in my bag just in case, imagine if it happened in work, the guys in work would need to go into therapy if they saw that!!

Any one else starting to panic?

Deep breaths in, Deep breaths out!

Might be in need of a paper bag!

mel1 wrote: »
    Any one else starting to panic?

Deep breaths in, Deep breaths out!

Might be in need of a paper bag!
    I get moments of oh SH*T!!!! And then I try and rationalize it.
    I especially get worried when I get a particularly painful jolt down there- thinking good lord how painful is labour going to be?
    I tell myself can't be but so bad, millions of women do it every year and millions have more than one child! Still a little scarey though!

But I really am looking forward to meeting this little guy! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The pain of labour is horrendous but knowjng you get to meet your baby st the end makes it all bareable:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

I had a friend over with her 6 month old the last few days and my nighty was full of dried milk in the mornings after I heard him wake up and scream at night. Luckily I'm not leaking during the day so far.

Def having some panic moments, but having the two over for a while really helped me, I normally would only visit them for an hour or two but this time I got a bit more of the picture how it is to have baby around 24 hours a day and all. Mind you he is a great little baby and very easy going, hope I get one of them, too :p

• Advertisement

god my tummie and back is sore as i slipd and got my tummie off the arm chair,baby is fine kicking like mad just my back and tummie is still abit sore,everyone jumpd up when it happend and all i was doing is handing the kids there dinner when i slipd from something on my runner,its mad how something small can hurt you,we're all keeping an eye out incase i go in,have baby scan on tuesday cant wait for it.

still have xmas stuff to get in,hubbie just put up the halloween stuff kids over the moon,had to bring back the babys pram as there where stuff missing from it went mad as i only opend it to put it together and had to bring it back.

i get the odd time to where im like omg am i going into hospital today/tonight but no nuthing,well it has been nearly six years since i had my gorgeous daughter,

have baby scan in the morning so gonna ask for pics of baby,cant wait have my daughter and hubbie there with me for the big scan day.

the scream on me there today on my way home in my sis car baby kickd me so hard i jumpd out of my sit with the kick and the pain, at least im near the end now so yeaaah not long now we see our one was told what sex baby is but wanna make sure b4 anyone is told or just on the day he/she comes. hope everyone is doing fine and well.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

enjoy your scan tomorrow:)

Some of you seem to be having loads of scan, I have had my booking appointment and 1 normal hospital appointment and my scan and that is it.
    I barely remember the other pregnancies and how many appointments I had.
    31 weeks now,hopefully 7 more to go:)

I'm a bit jealous re your scan, what hospital are you attending? I was lucky to have early scans because I was high risk for an ectopic, but then it was confirmed it was a normal risk pregnancy I only got my 20 week scan and that's it, no more scans unless the consultants have loads of time on their hand during the appointment, which of course is not likely to happen. 33 weeks today so I'm not complaining, will find out soon enough what I am growing there :D

I think baby likes their comfort.. he is rolling and bouncing and punching me and the big mistake was last night coming down and getting a cold drink aagghhhh pity my brain is broken when I am thirsty at 5am:(

I visited my friends new baby last night,she is so beautiful and cuddely and small and gorgeous I was completely in love and so happy for them:)

Bump kept of course kicking the baby but I am sure she will get even;)

Best of luck with your scan today irishrose!! Hopefully baby cooperates and lets you see what he/she is for sure!
    Well I have only had the two scans we get in limerick at 12 weeks and 31 weeks and the 3d scan which we paid for. I would love to get another sneaky scan next week when i go in though!
    I know what you mean about baby keeping you up moonbeam- I got up and used the bathroom last night and drank some cold water and baby got the hiccups and kept me awake for a good hour while he sorted himself out!

I just got a package in the door from two of my dear friends in america- Stuffed to the gill full of baby clothes and some of my favorite food stuffs and candy from home- I can't stop crying now everytime i look at it! :oDefinitely more than a little homesick after opening that package!
    They even got the baby a little outfit from the University I graduated from! Feeling very lucky to have such good friends back home!

Hope your family and friends in the States are fine Rachineire, and hope you don't have to worry a lot now - great gifts btw :)

xiwang wrote: »
    Hope your family and friends in the States are fine Rachineire, and hope you don't have to worry a lot now - great gifts btw :)

Thanks I appreciate that! Everyone seems to be ok, I'm from the east coast so all of my family is sitting through the storm right now. As far as I know there is still power at the moment, but its just started to snow really heavily after all that rain and flooding so I wouldn't expect the power to last! Its a good(and bad) thing that there has been a lot of crazy weather the past year or so because I believe they all have generators and plenty of bread and milk! I'm not too worried about them though, we have had our fair share of big storms in the past :)

Man it has gotten dark so early now!! Makes me want to go to bed even earlier than usual! (its shocking when I'm up past ten these days considering we were total night owls before!)
    How are the rest of the bumps doing?

all went well at hospital babys head is still down and looks like the sex of the baby i was told at last scan is the same but will wait till baby is born to be sure baby is big doc said. didnt get to see baby as doc had it facing him and askd for pic of baby and got a crap pic you cant even see the baby,he was fine doing the scan didnt hurt me but went i said bout the pic i wantd he hurt me big time my tummie was red on top at my ribs and under my belly to as he dug it into me.

• Advertisement

all went well at hospital babys head is still down and looks like the sex of the baby i was told at last scan is the same but will wait till baby is born to be sure baby is big doc said. didnt get to see baby as doc had it facing him and askd for pic of baby and got a crap pic you cant even see the baby,he was fine doing the scan didnt hurt me but went i said bout the pic i wantd he hurt me big time my tummie was red on top at my ribs and under my belly to as he dug it into me.

I was the same on my last scan, You couldnt see anything on the picture that we got- it was like trying to look at one of those 3d pictures...you have to squint and turn your head to kinda see what should be there haha!
    They seem to really DIG into the tummy when doing the scans- I'm thinking geez you really dont need to press so hard, its not like you aren't going to find the baby! I had a big bruise on my belly button after the last scan from her digging in!

Advertisement