Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Dec 2012....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭irishrose1981

Rachineire wrote: »
    I was the same on my last scan, You couldnt see anything on the picture that we got- it was like trying to look at one of those 3d pictures...you have to squint and turn your head to kinda see what should be there haha!
    They seem to really DIG into the tummy when doing the scans- I'm thinking geez you really dont need to press so hard, its not like you aren't going to find the baby! I had a big bruise on my belly button after the last scan from her digging in!

i wouldnt mind all my scans went well and never hurt just he dug it in after a askd for the pic the ass hole that the baby was pushing my tummie out ever since he hurt us,my daughter wasnt happy at all with the pic and either was oh cos half was the head and the other half was the hibs,even i was like what the hell,he said he cant give a good pic cos the baby is geting bigger now, i mean have you ever heard such crap you can still get a pic no matter what size the babys are,think he just didnt wanna give me a pic.he wants me back in four weeks time cant see myself still been pregnant then i say bang on nine months baby be here fingers crossd. i also had to get more blood taken today,so girls if you think no more needles god only knows when they stop pocking you for blood like me i was told by the woman who was doing it you never no with the doc its blood for this blood for that,hopefully you wont have to next time she said ( yeah right).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

ugh beginning to dread labour:(
    I seriously hope baby is about 10 days early so I am not panicing through christmas and it happens while himself is here.
    agghhh
    quick labours suck

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

Moonbeam wrote: »
    ugh beginning to dread labour:(
    I seriously hope baby is about 10 days early so I am not panicing through christmas and it happens while himself is here.
    agghhh
    quick labours suck
    Do you prefer a long labour moonbeam? I would have thought quicker the better?
    As for your question re scans I was invited to be part of a research study in my first visit which is looking at the size of babies so I get a few extra scans :) had an extra 3d one at 28 weeks and going for one more at at 34. Had another one the other week with the consultant but just on one of those small scanners where you can't see much. The 3D one is amazing though.
    Am I mad but I am actually looking forward to labour!! I will probably eat my words but for now I'm looking forward to the experience! These hypno birth CDs I'm listening to must be working!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

A 2 hour labour is fine,a 45 minute one is not.
    No, the quicker the more painful:(
    saying that I have no concept of anything longer and I am sure I would probably moan about that too;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

saying that I have no concept of anything longer and I am sure I would probably moan about that too;)

Yeesh I hope my labour isn't that quick!! I have the strep b so I need it to be long enough to at the very least get the antibiotics!

I keep on getting this lightening like pains down there, with like pressure and periody-type pains. Could those be braxton hicks? None of the regular tightening. bah! its not consistant or anything either. :confused:

• Advertisement

I dunno if I ever had Braxton Hicks but at this stage the baby is a bit squashed so they lie on nerves and when they move they are like baby elephants!!
    Good to hear some hospitals are now checking for strep B.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

I'm the sand with the period type pains but only since this morning weirdly, had plenty of Braxton hicks as well over the weekend but am putting it down to completely overdoing it.

Anyone started on raspberry leaf tea?

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

Is a hardening of my belly bh? Woke up this am to a rock hard bump!

I usually start on the Rasberry leaf tea at about 36 weeks.
    It is gorgeous esp in the really cold weather:)
    scgirl - my bump always seem to be rock hard, the midwives were telling me it was unusual for it to be so firm ut nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

raspberry tea mmmmmm i love anything raspberry ;) but whats it for

• Advertisement

It's important to get raspberry leaf tea as opposed to raspberry tea. It's supposed to tone your uterus to make contractions more efficient or something.

Officially it's next month people...Woop! Woop!

Piper101 wrote: »
    It's important to get raspberry leaf tea as opposed to raspberry tea. It's supposed to tone your uterus to make contractions more efficient or something.

Oh never heard that, but i will be investing ;)

Officially it's next month people...Woop! Woop!

I text the other half this morning saying 3 become 4 next month he he crazy how quick this has gone, im so friggan excira im like a child waiting for santy ;)

I just bought a newborn sized Santa hat and a little t-shirt that says my first Christmas ever. I couldn't help myself hehe!

have a feeling a mite go into labour if not tonight then it be during nxt week, i can feel the head even lower down now and by god this is nuthing compared to my daughter,my poor hubbie,sister and her hubbie nearly had my nail marks in there arms cause of the pain i just grabed who ever is near as the was sore, hopefully i go in the nxt week or two.

give me 30 minute or 45 minute labour than a 3 or 35 hour labour,god id die if i had to that lenth of pain hell no way,its over with before you know it once your waters break.

il be going into hospital whenever my water breaks thats when im going,i wonna go in the same way i did on my daughter waters broke at 7pm got to hospital at half 7 and 7:50pm my daughter was born,so im hopen the same happens here.

hopefully it be in the nxt week or two the baby be here,as im nine months in two weeks time.

have a feeling a mite go into labour if not tonight then it be during nxt week, i can feel the head even lower down now and by god this is nuthing compared to my daughter,my poor hubbie,sister and her hubbie nearly had my nail marks in there arms cause of the pain i just grabed who ever is near as the was sore, hopefully i go in the nxt week or two.

How you feeling today hun

Moan alert

Suposed to be going out with the hubster tomorrow night, were together 11 years, but ive natta to wear ive takien a big bump stretch this week natta fits, im really feeling sorry for myself :( he just rang n told me to go out n get my self some new clothes, i dont even wana do that i know its gona be like looking for a needle in a hay stack

And i just got a nose bleed ;(

Ah poor me, i know theres people out there that would love to have the above complaint, i just need to feel sorry for my self every now and again

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

Ah jeni, i been depressed all week, havnt slept a wink in weeks, am exausted, fair play if you can even find the energy to go out!
    Cant help you with the clothes, everything i put on makes me look like just a frumpy old fart! Think were entitled to moan every now and then.

On a lighter note

Went into shop today, had some bags in both hands when out comes a huge sneeze. Usually i would have time to hold in me bits and bobs but not today.
    For all of 30 seconds i thought my waters had broke, happy days, (bit early doe!) untill shame of shame i realised i had just peed myself and the shop floor.

OMG MORTO!!! was the fastest i have moved in almost 8 months.

oh you poor thing *hugs*
    Jeni - go spoil yourself:)
    am going to a formal do tomorrow night:) kids are going to their grandparents I can not wait:)

off to a gig and meal tomorrow night with hubbie and my sis is taken my little girl for the night,cant wait,but been having alot of pain as if im gonna go into labour so everyone on stand by,thank god hubbie has his phone with him in work and my sis is here with me all week.dont know what id do with out them all.

im the same with some of my clothes its more my coat than anything else as i cant close it now,so i put on another one and today that one wouldnt close so il try my last one later and see if that will.

never peed myself but by god always taut omg i had the feeling i was gonna,it was only when i had a bad cough i did but had panty liner on and it was only when i was in the house when it happend to me,never had any of this on my daughter,she was an easy pregnancy on but not this one,once 7 months came it was one thing after another but hay its all worth it in the end and girls who cares if we have a moan we're aloud to the odd time our bodys are going though alot and for some of us pregnant woman are our 2nd or 1th times but girls just remember its all worth it in the end to see your little bundle of joy at the end.

• Advertisement

mel1 wrote: »
    Ah jeni, i been depressed all week, havnt slept a wink in weeks, am exausted, fair play if you can even find the energy to go out!
    Cant help you with the clothes, everything i put on makes me look like just a frumpy old fart! Think were entitled to moan every now and then.

On a lighter note

Went into shop today, had some bags in both hands when out comes a huge sneeze. Usually i would have time to hold in me bits and bobs but not today.
    For all of 30 seconds i thought my waters had broke, happy days, (bit early doe!) untill shame of shame i realised i had just peed myself and the shop floor.

OMG MORTO!!! was the fastest i have moved in almost 8 months.

I'm so sorry Mel but I BURST out laughing when I read that!! I would have died of embarrassment if that happened to me! well, it makes for a great story to tell if nothing else!! I nearly wet myself the other night trying to roll out of bed for a bathroom trip...I was having trouble getting my legs over and I got a sharp pain down there at the same time and lets just say I nearly had a soaked mattress!! I since bought a waterproof cover LOL

Aww Jeni I can feel your pain- I was looking for a cute dress the other day for my baby shower and I felt like an absolute whale in everything...nothing fits the same and I look so different in the mirror to what I think I look like in my mind, it makes shopping for clothes downright depressing! I found that h+m have been really good for dresses with tights or just a new top. Spoil yourself while you get the chance!

had kind of a rough day myself- found out that the social welfare gave me maternity benefit forms that are over 2 years old- the laws have since changed and that means that I didn't know about some more verified copies of things that i was meant to send with my benefit form. and now I can't find my passport....I saw it recently but who knows where. I called my OH in total freak out mode and then felt horrible for ranting down the phone to him. Also had a new washer delivered today- havent been able to wash clothes for two weeks and they took away the old one but wouldnt install the new one...:confused: the landlord is coming over at half 9 tonight to do it which is grand, but i wanted to try and not have laundry all over the place for the baby shower tomorrow. first world problems.

only 2 1/2 more weeks of work for me though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

jeni wrote: »
    Moan alert

Suposed to be going out with the hubster tomorrow night, were together 11 years, but ive natta to wear ive takien a big bump stretch this week natta fits, im really feeling sorry for myself :( he just rang n told me to go out n get my self some new clothes, i dont even wana do that i know its gona be like looking for a needle in a hay stack

And i just got a nose bleed ;(

Ah poor me, i know theres people out there that would love to have the above complaint, i just need to feel sorry for my self every now and again

How about staying in with a nice takeaway? I'm all about the takeaways these days!! The thoughts of getting dressed up these days just tires me out personally!!

Mel1 - mortifying but these things happen, you poor thing!

Just had my baby shower, it was great fun and we got so spoiled!! Everything is starting to speed up now...due exactly 6 weeks from today!!

Just had my baby shower, it was great fun and we got so spoiled!! Everything is starting to speed up now...due exactly 6 weeks from today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

Hey ladies the laptop is broken so I have been out of action on here, il be back as soon as its sorted. Hope ye are keeping well, not long left now.x

had such a great night out with my hubbie last night went for a meal and then he took me to see des bishop,just the both of us b4 the baby comes,we missd our little girl so much last night,all night the baby was kicking and moving like mad,its so nice to be able to get out with my hubbie b4 the baby comes,and i just wonna say thank you to my lovely hubbie for a great night.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭TeresaM

Hi ladies, would you mind if I joined you all...?? I know I'm late in the game here but just clicking in for the first time in months!! I joined up when we were trying to get pregnant with ICSI... well obviously it worked! Due on 20th Dec and wow is the time flying by now...
    I will try and catch up on you all so I kinda know where I am here :) My hubby went out fishing almost 2 weeks ago and has 6 to do in total. so he will be home quite close to due date when he gets home... so hoping baba is well settled in there :D We have a son who is gonna be 7 on Friday coming! yikes :eek:
    Well, looking forward to chatting to you over the next 6 weeks or so... good luck to everyone and hoping that everyone has a good last couple of weeks!!!

Teresa x

TeresaM wrote: »
    Hi ladies, would you mind if I joined you all...?? I know I'm late in the game here but just clicking in for the first time in months!! I joined up when we were trying to get pregnant with ICSI... well obviously it worked! Due on 20th Dec and wow is the time flying by now...
    I will try and catch up on you all so I kinda know where I am here :) My hubby went out fishing almost 2 weeks ago and has 6 to do in total. so he will be home quite close to due date when he gets home... so hoping baba is well settled in there :D We have a son who is gonna be 7 on Friday coming! yikes :eek:
    Well, looking forward to chatting to you over the next 6 weeks or so... good luck to everyone and hoping that everyone has a good last couple of weeks!!!

Teresa x

Welcome hun xx

Welcome aboard! It's getting real now isn't it???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

Welcome TeresaM :)

Advertisement