Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Dec 2012....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭irishrose1981

really taut the past to days that i was going into labourthe pain down there on the bone was so sore and my back omg i just couldnt rest so hopefully its friday when i go in or even next friday as im nine months next week,yeaaah.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

Wowzer next week already, this has flown in, feels like yesterday i was afraid to move till i got past the first three months, now i cant move lol its getting real for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

just back from a long morning in the maternity- over 3 hours...oof! had my clinic and was telling the midwife that I wasnt having much movement at all during the day- she did a trace on me and of COURSE baby was going mad while on the trace....kicking at the little round plastic sensor things haha. They did a scan as well just to be on the safe side...hes getting so big i couldnt make out a thing on the scan! He weighs around 5lb 14oz already :eek::eek: The ultrasound tech was saying thats normal enough...wondering how big hes going to get before its all said and done!
    Doctor said they wont see me again until 38 weeks, then again at 40 if I havnt gone into labor by then, he was saying dont have your hopes up when its your first! He said they would induce me 10 days after my due date, which would be christmas day...I was saying I would hate to be brought in that day, would there be any chance they would bring me in any earlier...he said yes they would probably bring me in a couple of days before christmas if that was the case! I would hate to have to spend christmas in the hospital:(

I think after 37 weeks I will just be doing every method I know to induce labor, bouncing on the ball, blowing up balloons, hot curries, pineapple and of course what got us into this situation in the first place hehe ;) Baby is still head down, ready to go which gives me some hope that he will be a punctual baby and want to go right at the start of december! :D

Also we got his little snow suit and some other bits and bobs I was waiting until after my shower to get. I didnt get any blankets or cot bedding so will buy that myself, Also need to buy a monitor...anyone have any suggestions for us as to any that are good?? also a mobile....anyone have any thoughts on these?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I finally bought the essentials:)
    #1 was born at 38 weeks #2 at 39 so hopefully 38 again this time:)

6 more weeks to go hopefully!! or 7 maybe lol

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

Hello TeresaM, welcome.

Was reading the stats the other day and as it turns out only 20% of babies are later than due date, 75% early by a week or two, and 5% on due date.

I must be unlucky then as was 2 weeks over due with both and was induced with both, not how i would like it to go!

Good luck to us all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭CeNedra

Hi Everybody,

Hope you are all doing well. 6 weeks to go officially and I am hoping that I have a lot less to go than that. I was 8 days over on my first and was 3 weeks early on my 2nd, they were both big enough babies though. Would like a re-run of my 2nd. Started on raspberry leaf tea this week, I think it does help .... well I think it helped in both my labours and my sisters had the same experience. But it takes a while to build up in the system.

Tough time for us all but in a few weeks we'll have a different focus (including lack of sleep:)

Never had a winter baby before so this should be interesting!!

Sleep as much as you can and rest up!!!

mel1 wrote: »
    Hello TeresaM, welcome.

Was reading the stats the other day and as it turns out only 20% of babies are later than due date, 75% early by a week or two, and 5% on due date.

I must be unlucky then as was 2 weeks over due with both and was induced with both, not how i would like it to go!

Good luck to us all!

I like those stats!! everyone keeps saying that you always go over on your first, but i hear a lot of new moms saying they went right on time or early!

Cenedra, what exactly does the raspberry tea do? it doesnt induce labor does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭CeNedra

Hi Rachineire,

It doesn't bring on labour, what it is supposed to do is help make your contractions work more effectively i.e. you get more result for the level of effort (but not proven). There was a study done in Australia which showed some positive effects of it but nothing conclusive. Google it and see what you think yourself. It is more old wives tale than anything else so make sure you are happy before you try it.

I took it on my previous 2, but as my 2nd was early it didn't get much chance to build up in the system. However, I was 6cm on my 1st arriving into hospital at 3.30am and gave birth 3 hours later. I also had a relatively quick labour on my 2nd, but found it harder work up front.

Both my sisters who took it also had very quick labours, one of my sisters didn't make it into hospital (gave birth in the car:)) and the other was 9cm's when she arrived at the hospital. It could be a family trait though, I know people who took it and it didn't make any difference! It also tastes yuck! I'm afraid not to take it now though so I'll soldier on for a while! If you are going to try, make sure you get raspberry leaf tea leaves, not the tea bags, and make it strong..........

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭TeresaM

hey ladies... as usual I am lying here AWAKE!! Not sleeping much this last week or so and boy oh boy am I tired.. looking forward to baba arriving so I can sleep :P :D
    I also took raspberry leaf tea with my son.... I did go 4 days over (he wa born on the morning of the 4th at 11.05) It was a quick delivery too... was in delivery room at 10.30 and checked soon after, was 2cm and they broke waters... so maybe bout 10.40am... Gary was born 25mins later! quick to dialate! was a nice shock. And thankfully an easy birth :) hoping for the same again! though hopefully not any faster as they say you can go with your second! We live over an hour away from a hospital! But whatever will be will be I guess... I am just so excited now to meet this little one and fnd out if its a boy or a girl :)
    Hope you are all feeling well today and have had a good one...
    xx

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I love rasberry leaf tea:) the loose leaves in the white box were the nicest.
    Baby was doing somersaults when I went to bed last night,my tummy was rising as he moved eventually he let me go to sleep though. THis of course only happens when I go to bed!!!
    *yawn*

• Advertisement

any other self employed people get their slightly cryptic maternity benefit letter today?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

Moonbeam wrote: »
    any other self employed people get their slightly cryptic maternity benefit letter today?;)

self-employed here, but got my letter a bit earlier, about three weeks ago. I think it depends on the date you set for the start of your leave when they process it from what I've heard so far.

I did not get the one with how much I was awarded yet just the one that they accept that I am self employed!
    I don't start until mid Dec:)

xiwang wrote: »
    self-employed here, but got my letter a bit earlier, about three weeks ago. I think it depends on the date you set for the start of your leave when they process it from what I've heard so far.

Whats your start date? Mine is dec 1st and i still havnt gotten my letter. Although I just found out friday that I was given a 2 year old form by social welfare so i need to fax them some more information. But they told me they weren't reviewing the week of december 1st until this week! I think thats leaving it pretty late tbh!

you'll get the second letter soon then as well, I think they send it out about five weeks before your leave starts (mine starts on the last Monday in November, can't wait :D)

TeresaM wrote: »
    hey ladies... as usual I am lying here AWAKE!! Not sleeping much this last week or so and boy oh boy am I tired.. looking forward to baba arriving so I can sleep :P :D
    I also took raspberry leaf tea with my son.... I did go 4 days over (he wa born on the morning of the 4th at 11.05) It was a quick delivery too... was in delivery room at 10.30 and checked soon after, was 2cm and they broke waters... so maybe bout 10.40am... Gary was born 25mins later! quick to dialate! was a nice shock. And thankfully an easy birth :) hoping for the same again! though hopefully not any faster as they say you can go with your second! We live over an hour away from a hospital! But whatever will be will be I guess... I am just so excited now to meet this little one and fnd out if its a boy or a girl :)
    Hope you are all feeling well today and have had a good one...
    xx

Whoa thats super quick!! I don't know if i would have time to wrap my head around the delivery if it was that fast! I guess its better to get it all done and over with quickly than drag it out over 2 and 3 days! Fingers crossed baby number 2 gives you time to get to the hospital!

Rachineire, my start date is Nov 26. Giving out old forms doesn't spead things up I suppose, hope you get it all sorted soon and no one is giving you any hassle because of it!

CeNedra wrote: »
    Hi Rachineire,

It doesn't bring on labour, what it is supposed to do is help make your contractions work more effectively i.e. you get more result for the level of effort (but not proven). There was a study done in Australia which showed some positive effects of it but nothing conclusive. Google it and see what you think yourself. It is more old wives tale than anything else so make sure you are happy before you try it.

I took it on my previous 2, but as my 2nd was early it didn't get much chance to build up in the system. However, I was 6cm on my 1st arriving into hospital at 3.30am and gave birth 3 hours later. I also had a relatively quick labour on my 2nd, but found it harder work up front.

Both my sisters who took it also had very quick labours, one of my sisters didn't make it into hospital (gave birth in the car:)) and the other was 9cm's when she arrived at the hospital. It could be a family trait though, I know people who took it and it didn't make any difference! It also tastes yuck! I'm afraid not to take it now though so I'll soldier on for a while! If you are going to try, make sure you get raspberry leaf tea leaves, not the tea bags, and make it strong..........

Best of luck.

Thats good to know!! I might google it a bit before I go and buy some...im not the biggest tea fan so i might find that i buy it, hate the taste and never bother making it again haha!

xiwang wrote: »
    Rachineire, my start date is Nov 26. Giving out old forms doesn't spead things up I suppose, hope you get it all sorted soon and no one is giving you any hassle because of it!

Thanks, I'm going to the guarda station today to have more passport stuff verified. I'm hoping (fingers crossed) that everything gets sorted quickly. We really dont have the money for there to be delays and I only get paid monthly from my work so that makes things even tighter! I'm so annoyed at the social welfare office in limerick- The maternity people in donegal told me to call them to let them know the forms they were passing out were wrong (why thats my job who knows, thats for a whole other rant) and I was completely blown off. Not like i expected anything more from them but still! :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

Like thats your job rachinaire, while your at it ring all the other depots just to be sure ;(

Im in a jock here, ben getting bad pains in my back since last night and it goes from my back to my belly n back again when its in my belly its like period pains, but they arnt bad enough to be labour, and baby is doing the cha cha so im not worried bout baby, im still in my leaba am afraid to move ;( this pregnancy is sooooo different to my first its crazy

• Advertisement

jeni wrote: »
    Like thats your job rachinaire, while your at it ring all the other depots just to be sure ;(

Im in a jock here, ben getting bad pains in my back since last night and it goes from my back to my belly n back again when its in my belly its like period pains, but they arnt bad enough to be labour, and baby is doing the cha cha so im not worried bout baby, im still in my leaba am afraid to move ;( this pregnancy is sooooo different to my first its crazy

any sort of pattern to them? maybe just bad braxton hicks?

Would ye believe at 33 weeks my morning sickness is back??

Whats this?

Well that answers my question!
    Way to go But89 for gettin banned!

huh?? so confused!

That sucks about the morning sickness....i hear that happens a lot, the first trimester symptoms come back...just incase you weren't miserable enough!
    I actually started crying last night trying to get comfortable in bed...i feel like i just can't sit up, or scoot back enough...its driving me MAD!

[QUOTE=Rachineire;81609775]huh?? so confused!

That sucks about the morning sickness....i hear that happens a lot, the first trimester symptoms come back...just incase you weren't miserable enough!
    I actually started crying last night trying to get comfortable in bed...i feel like i just can't sit up, or scoot back enough...its driving me MAD![/QUOTE]

Somebody was being bold putting up stuff they shouldnt and got banned. Dont worry wasnt any of us.

Oh its all gettin very fustrating and it looks like were all in the one boat! And 6/7/8 weeks seems like an awfull long time when your not happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

Hi girls. Sorry to hear some of ye are in the horrors. Just remember "This too will pass" I'm practicing my affirmations for labour! We Could start using them already!
    so i took my boots (which were feeling very tight) off this evening and noticed massive swollen ankles and my hands have puffed up too :( quite uncomfortable and very unattractive! Ah well I've got away pretty lightly so far so hopefully this is not the beginning of an array of negative symptoms.
    I think we are done shopping. We need a few more bits and pieces but will wait and see what gifts we get. Feels good to know I'm organised. Now just need that nesting thing to kick in so I can tackle the house lots if decluttering and cleaning to do!
    Anyway hope ye feel better soon, only 3 more weeks of work for me and 5 till d day!! That keeps me smiling :)

Got my maternity benefit letter \o/
    I knew I was entitled to it but the change from PAYE to elf employed complicated it ,I am sooo relieved:)

good to hear it's all sorted Moonbeam. Had a rough night sleeping, woke up with pains in the lower back about every two hours, but at least I had all the space I wanted coz OH fell asleep on the couch

Say my OH my move to couch soon to as when i do get asleep i usually wake my self up with a frightfully loud snore (which i have never had b4), nearly landed on my face on the floor with the fright i gave my self thismorning. and he says its all the time lately!

As for the swollen hands and feet, i had tree trunks for ankles for a while and my mother in law gave me a foot massage, which was a little painfull for a while, and was for about half an hour, and havent had any swelling since. She a Reiki master doe.
    Have not had any back problems yet but did have months of hip pain from a small trip in early pregnancy, that seems to have worked its self out too so i suppose i cant really complain right now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭irishrose1981

took my daughter to school and went into town to do xmas shoping for my daughter and got alot of pain in my tummie and pain down there,broke down crying in pain hubbie wasnt even with me at all,he be getting told off later, still in pain and crying.gonna get my daughter from school soon as i feel even like today is the day if its not then it should be friday.

• Advertisement

Somebody was being bold putting up stuff they shouldnt and got banned. Dont worry wasnt any of us.

Oh its all gettin very fustrating and it looks like were all in the one boat! And 6/7/8 weeks seems like an awfull long time when your not happy!

It does...I keep thinking 5 more weeks of this crap??!? NOO!
    although i really dont think baby will make me wait that long...hes down so far, and head is down (would that make him engaged? i feel like other people know by this stage whether baby is engaged or not, or if they are dialated or effaced at all...i feel so in the dark!) and i don't know, I just can't imagine going another 5 weeks. Am I just being wishful or i wonder if there is something to that.
    Although that being said this baby loves to show me up already so he may just come two weeks late haha!!

Glad you got your letter moonbeam! I went to the Guarda station yesterday, your man was so UNHELPFUL!! He even huffed at me and asked me why i didn't already have the documents copied (the last time I went to get documents copied and verified i had made the copies already and was told they couldnt accept those, it HAD to be the original documents...GRR) and then completely messed up the copies....cut every single page off, made them so dark they were illegible. I ended up having to go into the social welfare, waiting an hour and a half for them to do the copies instead (you can go to either, but the guarda station SHOULD have been the better option) The guy behind the counter was really nice and he said he would fax them off and then mail them as well, saving me a few trips! So fingers crossed I will hear something soon...its starting to make me really nervous!

Best of luck Irishrose, let us know how its going!!

We are going to start getting all the last little bits and ends that we NEED before baby comes...moses basket stand, cot bedding, monitor. Found a lovely set of bedding on amazon for 70% off so will order that this weekend! Can't wait to get the rest of the nursery all put together- we bought a large wall vinyl online and it came yesterday...spent about 2 hours applying it last night, still not done with all the little bits but it looks great! Will post a picture when we are done :D

Advertisement