Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Dec 2012....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

took my daughter to school and went into town to do xmas shoping for my daughter and got alot of pain in my tummie and pain down there,broke down crying in pain hubbie wasnt even with me at all,he be getting told off later, still in pain and crying.gonna get my daughter from school soon as i feel even like today is the day if its not then it should be friday.

Ah you poor thing, all that running around n the stress of ben in town, not long now for you hun, feel better soon, try a bath when i was in the hospital in labour on my first i got in the hospital bath, an hour later the nurse broke onto the room thought i was after drowning it was sooooo nice ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭irishrose1981

was at the doctors today all went well,i told her how i was and feeling and she said if i was to go into labour this week would be the best time for me to as the pain mite get more sore in the next few weeks,and to go home and rest and take panadol to ease the pain and hopefully i go in the weekend or next week but i need to rest now as down there will be hurting more,told himself off and not talking to him with the pain im in,im so scared and sore 2nd time round,ive to have someone with me anytime im out incase i go into labour.

doctor told me baby is still down and is ready to come out soon,even after i told her what happend so thats good news. so girls make sure you have somone with you at all times,god knows i was so scared all day and crying all day cause it,im so scared hope all goes well when it does happen.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Do not say that my hubby is away again but here for Dec :-)
    Baba is head down here too,still hoping it will come 9/10 days early and there is someone to look after my girls.
    I am nervous of the quick labour and if baba is not here by Christmas where I will end up giving birth .
    The last weeks are always the hardest but you forget about it all too soon aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

well thats a first, no one with anything to say today!

Ye must all have feet up today like me, unreal pressure downstairs today! unplesent!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Today is our busy day toddler group for the little one and big one has dance lessons,I of course just want sleep!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

I'm in work today! I've had a lot of time off recently...really enjoying mot working for the first time in my life....I used to be a total workaholic!! :D

Had a terrible sleep, my ankle was at me something awful and my feet were so painful I just laid there and cried! Baby was kicking something fierce as well- he was having a grand old time in there!! Probably got 3 hours total :(

Rachineire wrote: »
    I'm in work today! I've had a lot of time off recently...really enjoying mot working for the first time in my life....I used to be a total workaholic!! :D

Had a terrible sleep, my ankle was at me something awful and my feet were so painful I just laid there and cried! Baby was kicking something fierce as well- he was having a grand old time in there!! Probably got 3 hours total :(

So its not just me then!

Where are all the ladies who look stunning when pregnant and who always look like they are having a really enjoyable pregnancy.
    Dont sound like its anyone here!

Anyone see what to expect when your expecting, who among us is like the one havin twins?

mel1 wrote: »

So its not just me then!

Where are all the ladies who look stunning when pregnant and who always look like they are having a really enjoyable pregnancy.

Anyone see what to expect when your expecting, who among us is like the one havin twins?
    Haha I saw that- I think those pregnancies are an urban legend!! Has to be!! Especially that part where she was in labour and sneezed one out! If it was only so easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

So its not just me then!

Oh im so like that i look stunning all the time, well that is untill i look in the mirror n realise the cardi im wearing all day that i thought covers my whole belly only actually covers as far as my bellybutton n the rest is hanging out for the world to see ;) pretty ;)

Haha I saw that- I think those pregnancies are an urban legend!! Has to be!! Especially that part where she was in labour and sneezed one out! If it was only so easy!

you need to get those feet and ankles massaged or you get no peace any time soon. It really does help!

Yea the sneeze was a bit much all right, wasnt anything very realistic about the whole flim, except in my case where she wet herself,:p.

Was wraping my xmas prezzies this morning, always make me feel happy, shiny paper, shiny string and bows. love it:D

• Advertisement

jeni wrote: »
    Oh im so like that i look stunning all the time, well that is untill i look in the mirror n realise the cardi im wearing all day that i thought covers my whole belly only actually covers as far as my bellybutton n the rest is hanging out for the world to see ;) pretty ;)

And strange enough i only ever see the excess hanging bits when im proudly walking into the bank or somewhere and look at my reflection in the window and notice and extra wobbly bit hanging out of my big round bit, absoutly not stunning what so ever!:eek:

nine months today yahoo hope baby comes soon,was doing lots of house work so i know its any day know its calld the nesting stage when that happens you know your near,omg girls you should see my tummie its like a big basket ball i feel neat but look big when i look in the mirror but who cares im pregnant and happy,just need it to over now my back hurts so much now,and my bump has dropd down and so has the baby i have notice it and so have family and friends.so yahoo.

hope everyone is doing well and nearly there too,you all dont have long left now.

And strange enough i only ever see the excess hanging bits when im proudly walking into the bank or somewhere and look at my reflection in the window and notice and extra wobbly bit hanging out of my big round bit, absoutly not stunning what so ever!:eek:

yuupppp right there on that one!! I refuse to wear any pants that dont go over the bump with the stretchy material because half the time that is what is showing under the shirt! I personally look like I'm trying to smuggle a giant christmas turkey under my jumper. not so attractive. I also avoid my reflection whereever possible lol!!

I called the maternity just to inquire about the bruising and swelling and she told me to either go to my GP or the regional...no way i was going to sit in the regional for 6 hours for them to tell me im ok- I was able to get into the GP right after work (hes on holidays, has been for like 2 weeks...:mad: so it was another guy at a different office, but oh well!) and I was fine...just to watch the swelling making sure its all ok. better safe than sorry i suppose! I've actually got loads of energy today! I better not over do it though, I might find myself in bits again tonight if it do

Thats great about your bump dropping irishrose...fingers crossed baby starts making a move soon!! I dont think my bump ever needed to drop, its been low always. He was only ever under my ribs for a week or two- never out of breath much or anything!

Wrapping pressies already?? your so organized!! I havnt even boughten any really...might not get to it either. Funds are tight for us this year and I would be the one who would do all the shopping for his family so if i dont make it to the store it wont get done...men :rolleyes: we might just get away with a free pass this year because of baby!!

nine months today yahoo hope baby comes soon,was doing lots of house work so i know its any day know its calld the nesting stage when that happens you know your near,omg girls you should see my tummie its like a big basket ball i feel neat but look big when i look in the mirror but who cares im pregnant and happy,just need it to over now my back hurts so much now,and my bump has dropd down and so has the baby i have notice it and so have family and friends.so yahoo.

hope everyone is doing well and nearly there too,you all dont have long left now.

great to see you are in such great mood and feeling better, you must be delighted that its almost over, hope u pop soon!

Maybe i missed the early stage for you irishrose, but how come your in the Dec tread and not the November one?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭TeresaM

Hi everyone... well I've had a really rough couple of days! I've been having back spasms sooo bad. :( It started on Tuesday night. It was sooo painful.. I actually had to call my friend/neighbour to come down as I was worried cause the pain was causing b/h's :eek: She came down and was here until around 12 midnight. I just hate that hubby is away. As soon as I went upstairs to bed and she left, the spasms started again, they were coming every time I would stand up. Anyway got to sleep eventually and was much better in the morning. Took my wee fell to school and went to do few bits in town. Well was in car on way to school to collect him yesterdaay at 3 and it started again! Sooo painful. managed to drive to school and collect son (couldn't get out of car tho!) and got home. I rang my dad in tears from the pain. so he came and sent me to bed and lit fire and warmed up house and done homework with my wee fella! I love my dad :D I was in tears in bed cause the spasms wouldn't stop! so I got up to sit in sitting room.. felt like throwing up with the pain of it... I was alternating ice pack with hot bottle! took 2 paracetamol then. Dad took my wee lad to his house for the night and I sat for a while downstairs and went to bed. I am actually awake since 4am this morning...:eek::eek: yawn!
    Well, had to take my son to school dentist to get a tooth out today so he had day off and my dad lit my fire around 11.30 so I've been sitting for most of day since then. But isn't the spasms starting again a bit now :( I brought down a urine sample to gp earlier and they rang to say I have a slight infection and are sending the sample away for testing and will see then if I need an antibiotic. So I hope that all will be ok, it will prob be Mon or Tue before I find out.
    and on top of all that its my wee fella's 7th birthday TOMORROW!!! I was supposed to make him a chocolate cake and chocolate brownies for it, he also wanted scones... I bought the cake and will make brownies and scones tomorrow... phew :cool: I just am not able to have a party for him and feel bad BUT two of his wee friends are gonna come tomorrow eve, its my friend/neighbours daughters so we can have tea! and we're taking them to cinema and indoor play area on Saturday so I guess its not too bad!

Gosh girls, sorry for the really long post.... I've just had such a crappy couple of days... but hey, all good. Thank god its only 6 weeks left today. and hubby will be home in 4... hope they go quick.

How are you all doing today? A better day than me hopefully! LOLLLL.....

yuupppp right there on that one!! I refuse to wear any pants that dont go over the bump with the stretchy material because half the time that is what is showing under the shirt! I personally look like I'm trying to smuggle a giant christmas turkey under my jumper. not so attractive. I also avoid my reflection whereever possible lol!!

I called the maternity just to inquire about the bruising and swelling and she told me to either go to my GP or the regional...no way i was going to sit in the regional for 6 hours for them to tell me im ok- I was able to get into the GP right after work (hes on holidays, has been for like 2 weeks...:mad: so it was another guy at a different office, but oh well!) and I was fine...just to watch the swelling making sure its all ok. better safe than sorry i suppose! I've actually got loads of energy today! I better not over do it though, I might find myself in bits again tonight if it do

Thats great about your bump dropping irishrose...fingers crossed baby starts making a move soon!! I dont think my bump ever needed to drop, its been low always. He was only ever under my ribs for a week or two- never out of breath much or anything!

Wrapping pressies already?? your so organized!! I havnt even boughten any really...might not get to it either. Funds are tight for us this year and I would be the one who would do all the shopping for his family so if i dont make it to the store it wont get done...men :rolleyes: we might just get away with a free pass this year because of baby!!

I seem to have a good bit of energy for last week, i put it down to the fact that i started a daily routine of drinking a yackult every morning, and boy has it done wonders for my constipation. Sleeping bit better too.

My bump is realy high up, right under my ribs, dont think any of them was low doe, not like the lovely low bumps ya see in the maternity adds.

As for the pressies, there is no way i gonna take the chance of not gettin the kids presents sorted out early just in case, (my sis-in-law lost a baby at full term and had to deliver while back and it plays on my mind quite a bit) anything could happen could be in hosp xmas day or anything, and they been great for the whole time i been pregnant and would hate them to be both dissapointed on xmas and have to deal with the new arrival landed on top of them as well. think its gonna be a little hard for them to ajust so best make sure the dont feel left out anyway.

Other than them thats all the shoping i did, cash is tight so im afraid everyone else will be doin with so scratch cards in a card.

Its good to know its done and i dont have to worry about it and i would hat to leave the wrappin in my husbands hands cause he surely stick newspaper on it in as clotty a manner as possible. i love neat parcels under the tree.

Where is your name from rachineire and what do it mean?

Lord teresaM, youve had a few rough days, poor thing. Thank god back pain is about the only thing i dont suffer with.

Its hard when kids are small too. You know you can take panadol safely when pregnant. (i did get doctors advice) dont use the red pack doe as they have caffiene and will keep you awake.

We all have those weeks where everything goes wrong and everything is crap and all ya can do is have a good cry, hot choc, and sleep till its over.

Where was your OH sent?

TeresaM wrote: »
    Hi everyone... well I've had a really rough couple of days! I've been having back spasms sooo bad. :( It started on Tuesday night. It was sooo painful.. I actually had to call my friend/neighbour to come down as I was worried cause the pain was causing b/h's :eek: She came down and was here until around 12 midnight. I just hate that hubby is away. As soon as I went upstairs to bed and she left, the spasms started again, they were coming every time I would stand up. Anyway got to sleep eventually and was much better in the morning. Took my wee fell to school and went to do few bits in town. Well was in car on way to school to collect him yesterdaay at 3 and it started again! Sooo painful. managed to drive to school and collect son (couldn't get out of car tho!) and got home. I rang my dad in tears from the pain. so he came and sent me to bed and lit fire and warmed up house and done homework with my wee fella! I love my dad :D I was in tears in bed cause the spasms wouldn't stop! so I got up to sit in sitting room.. felt like throwing up with the pain of it... I was alternating ice pack with hot bottle! took 2 paracetamol then. Dad took my wee lad to his house for the night and I sat for a while downstairs and went to bed. I am actually awake since 4am this morning...:eek::eek: yawn!
    Well, had to take my son to school dentist to get a tooth out today so he had day off and my dad lit my fire around 11.30 so I've been sitting for most of day since then. But isn't the spasms starting again a bit now :( I brought down a urine sample to gp earlier and they rang to say I have a slight infection and are sending the sample away for testing and will see then if I need an antibiotic. So I hope that all will be ok, it will prob be Mon or Tue before I find out.
    and on top of all that its my wee fella's 7th birthday TOMORROW!!! I was supposed to make him a chocolate cake and chocolate brownies for it, he also wanted scones... I bought the cake and will make brownies and scones tomorrow... phew :cool: I just am not able to have a party for him and feel bad BUT two of his wee friends are gonna come tomorrow eve, its my friend/neighbours daughters so we can have tea! and we're taking them to cinema and indoor play area on Saturday so I guess its not too bad!

Gosh girls, sorry for the really long post.... I've just had such a crappy couple of days... but hey, all good. Thank god its only 6 weeks left today. and hubby will be home in 4... hope they go quick.

How are you all doing today? A better day than me hopefully! LOLLLL.....

awh poor you! I can't imagine how frustrating it must be as soon as you start feeling better your back is at you again! And to not have your OH around must be stressful as well- I depend on mine a lot for little things that i just can't seem to do these days!
    Well im sure your son will have a great birthday- people seem to think kids need a big fuss and a big party but when they are that age they are just as happy with a little cake and a few pals and some special birthday cuddles from mammy!
    I'm glad your dad is around to help out!! Its nice to have family close by, especially when you are closing in on d-day!

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

Hi girls. That sounds rough teresa. I had a tough day today and don't know what I would do without my OH support on the hard days. Stay strong and maybe try treat yourself to a massage or something god knows you deserve it. I'm going to try get one this weekend to sort out my giant Nora batty like ankles!
    So had my scan to check the placenta today and good news is it has moved up :) they did however notice some fluid on one of baby's kidneys. They reassured me it is probably no big deal but they will flag it to pieds so it can be scanned at birth maybe will need an antibiotic. I'm not going to panic but I won't lie it's scarey when they start talking about possible problems. Really stressed me out. Came out of hospital to find car would not start. Really should have taken rest of day off but eventually after getting car sorted went back to work where I ended up having an argument with this biddy that drives me mad! So upsetting. That's the second time I ended up in tears at work lately. And it never happened before that I can remember. Roll on maternity leave. Can't be dealing with stress I don't need. Think tomorrow might be a duvet day :/

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭TeresaM

ah ladies, thanks for the support, I felt so moany there!!

Mel1, My hubby is fishing, he's actually off Africa!! its sooo far away :( I did take paracetamol last night alright and took some again tonight as soon as I felt the twinges... soo afraid that it will start up bad again! But am thinking maybe that it could be whatever infection showed up in urine sample and am going to buy gallons of cranberry juice tomorrow morning after I take Gary to school and hope that it helps!!

Rachineire, you know he is such a good boy that thankfully he is delighted that his wee friends are coming down tomorrow.. (he is getting married to their wee girl, she is 8 months older and they have always been boyfriend and girlfriend!! soo cute) they'll have a nice time and they are all excited about going to cinema and play area on Saturday! i have to say I really depend on hubby when he is home, he really is the BEST husband ever!! he does everything for me when he is on his trip off.. he cleans, cooks, does all the laundry, shopping, sorts Gary out - EVERYTHING... The only thing he doesn't do is the ironing! I have no problem with that! :D So as you can imagine I will be more than happy when he is home, like only 2 weeks before due date! :eek: My dad is just great! and only lives up the road, and at the minute mum is in England as her and my step dad live there but are building here and renting here too.. Mum sort of goes between the two places! It is sooo great to have mum here! They will be home during next week, and I can't wait!

I am so tired girls, just waiting for Gary to fall asleep so the tooth fairy can come and then its off to bed for me! This baby is breakdancing in my belly tonight tho!! yikes!! I'm bouncing all over the place LOLLL....

Do you all get LOTS of movement? I am actually sore a bit tonight it has been so active the last few days! Of course since my back has been playing up! wee brat :P
    xxx

• Advertisement

great to see you are in such great mood and feeling better, you must be delighted that its almost over, hope u pop soon!

Maybe i missed the early stage for you irishrose, but how come your in the Dec tread and not the November one?

cos the doc and hospital are letting me go up to the 2nd of dec,cos even doe ur only 9 months pregnant sometimes you go over and thats why they say 40 weeks so thats why im down on dec,

doc said i may go early and then again i may go over some babys just dont wonna come out till then.

I seem to have a good bit of energy for last week, i put it down to the fact that i started a daily routine of drinking a yackult every morning, and boy has it done wonders for my constipation. Sleeping bit better too.

My bump is realy high up, right under my ribs, dont think any of them was low doe, not like the lovely low bumps ya see in the maternity adds.

As for the pressies, there is no way i gonna take the chance of not gettin the kids presents sorted out early just in case, (my sis-in-law lost a baby at full term and had to deliver while back and it plays on my mind quite a bit) anything could happen could be in hosp xmas day or anything, and they been great for the whole time i been pregnant and would hate them to be both dissapointed on xmas and have to deal with the new arrival landed on top of them as well. think its gonna be a little hard for them to ajust so best make sure the dont feel left out anyway.

Other than them thats all the shoping i did, cash is tight so im afraid everyone else will be doin with so scratch cards in a card.

Its good to know its done and i dont have to worry about it and i would hat to leave the wrappin in my husbands hands cause he surely stick newspaper on it in as clotty a manner as possible. i love neat parcels under the tree.

Where is your name from rachineire and what do it mean?

oh your poor sister in law- thats like my worst nightmare...I keep on dreaming something like that will happen, or i get paranoid everytime i take the tags off an outfit we bought him or cut a tag off a stuffed animal this little thought crosses in the back of my mind, what if the worst happens? I know that everything will be ok at the end of the day, but its still a scary thought!

Well my name is Rachael and I'm living in ireland, but not irish, so thats the name I will use a lot of the time now online since its where I'm living right now haha...not creative at all i know! I don't know how to do the fada on the keyboard so its technically spelled wrong, but youknow :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭noiniho

Hi,

My wife are I are expecting our first baby on the 28th of Dec, our baby is quite small and is only at the 13th percentil for this stage in pregnancy, all the size ratios are as expected, my wife was signed out of work and we are kinda worried now. I wonder if anyone has experience of a similar situation?

once the doctors are happy you are fine.
    It is worrying but once everything is ok with baba then size is not too much of a worry.
    Is your wife signed out of work due to pregnancy sickness or was she signed out anyway and you think that caused it?

Good Luck:)

did not have a good night sleep at all last night my whole body was sore and still is,we think this weekend could be it.as i cant walk much and crying with the pain now and again.

Puffed up even more overnight so gone to gp to get bp checked. 19 people men women and children in docs waiting room and no seats. No one offers me a seat except another pregnant woman!! The age if chivalry is dead.

scrgirl wrote: »
    Puffed up even more overnight so gone to gp to get bp checked. 19 people men women and children in docs waiting room and no seats. No one offers me a seat except another pregnant woman!! The age if chivalry is dead.

Compleatly agree, Ive been on quite a few buses and trains recently and could believe no one asked me if i wanted to sit when there was no seats available.

Am wondering are people afraid to ask in cast it turnes out that your not pregnant and just over-weight. How emabrrassing woulod that be for all involved!

oh your poor sister in law- thats like my worst nightmare...I keep on dreaming something like that will happen, or i get paranoid everytime i take the tags off an outfit we bought him or cut a tag off a stuffed animal this little thought crosses in the back of my mind, what if the worst happens? I know that everything will be ok at the end of the day, but its still a scary thought!

Well my name is Rachael and I'm living in ireland, but not irish, so thats the name I will use a lot of the time now online since its where I'm living right now haha...not creative at all i know! I don't know how to do the fada on the keyboard so its technically spelled wrong, but youknow :P

Ahhh Rachael is the name i have chosen if it turns out to be a girl, thinking its gonna be a boy doe!

Oh yea, and the fada is made by holding down the ALT GR button beside your space bar and holding down the letter you want the fada on at the same time, as in Éire.

There is a usless bit of info for you!

• Advertisement

Compleatly agree, Ive been on quite a few buses and trains recently and could believe no one asked me if i wanted to sit when there was no seats available.

Am wondering are people afraid to ask in cast it turnes out that your not pregnant and just over-weight. How emabrrassing woulod that be for all involved!

In my case there could be no confusion!! You can see my bump before me!

Advertisement