Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Dec 2012....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

mel1 wrote: »
    Anyone else feeling a bit down and teary eyed? Been feeling bit depressed last few days.

Yeah its weird, without sounding stupid im getting symptoms like never before, the last few days smells are making me puke, my other half is feeding the dog in the kitchen, im upstairs n bam its like the dog food is under my nose ;( im constantly ill its yuk, and im soooo sensitive just wana cry, just want a break for even half an hour, no aches, pains, swells, or smells :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Aww *hugs* just feeling sorry for myself with no reason to.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭TeresaM

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I think my bump has dropped it is so low and baby feels huge but bump is not huge.

I totally get this, I'm the same! I find it hard to walk some evenings now... and running to the loo every ten mins.. but yet ppl are always saying that I'm so neat!! Haaahh... I feel like and elephant!! lol

With my son tho the drs kept saying that the baby was gonna be big... he was born and 40 + 4 and was just 7lb 3oz :) so ya never know... (am hoping that this one weighs around the same)

jeni wrote: »
    Yeah its weird, without sounding stupid im getting symptoms like never before, the last few days smells are making me puke, my other half is feeding the dog in the kitchen, im upstairs n bam its like the dog food is under my nose ;( im constantly ill its yuk, and im soooo sensitive just wana cry, just want a break for even half an hour, no aches, pains, swells, or smells :(

sorry you're having such a yuck time honey!! Big hugs to you and hope that the rest of your time goes quick and is easy on you! Is'nt it just sooo hard being pregnant! I would definitately be one of the first to say it and we were trying for 6 and half years and done lots of fertility treatment to get it!! but its still bloody hard! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

TeresaM wrote: »
    I totally get this, I'm the same! I find it hard to walk some evenings now... and running to the loo every ten mins.. but yet ppl are always saying that I'm so neat!! Haaahh... I feel like and elephant!! lol

With my son tho the drs kept saying that the baby was gonna be big... he was born and 40 + 4 and was just 7lb 3oz :) so ya never know... (am hoping that this one weighs around the same)

my 1st was 7lb 4 @38 weeks,I can never go over ever!!!
    I am not a very big person so despite it being my 3rd baby since 2009 bump is very neat,so of course I get bump envy.I can't win lol

• Advertisement

wow, I see... two weeks early and a nice size!! what did your second baba weigh? do you normally go early anyway or do they induce you early in case baba gets too big?

I was HUGE when I was preg with my son, that was in 2005... and to be honest I could have lost a stone before I did get pg! This time I had done ww's as I was doing treatment and wanted to be at my best! dunno if it made any difference.... but love my lil bump now.. mind you it is def getting much bigger lately... waddle waddle... lol

I was slightly over weight getting pregnant this time but not majorly.
    2nd was abut 7lb9 @39 weeks,I am convinced she did not grow at all int he last 2 week though.
    I went early on both but they thought the 1st might be huge and warned me I wasn't giving birth to a huge baby.
    It suits me to go early this time anytime between the 15th and 23rd would be good,I want to be with my girls for christmas but not stressed about bump.

I am addicted to sweets and anything bad for me which you would thing might make me look bigger,but never put on weight during pregnancy just on maternity leave!!

Well I hope that you do go before christmas honey!! What is your due date? It would be really great to have it all over us by christmas and be home and settled for Santa :) My due date is 20th Dec and am really hoping to if not a little bit before then just before christmas....

up until now anything sweet was making me feel horrendously ill.... now its turned tho and I'm ok with it... dunno if thats a good thing tho...
    so far this eve I had a big plate of cabbage and bacon with spuds and white sauce with onions... then a choc ice and now am tucking into a cuppa tea and a packet of rich tea :eek: baba has def dropped so I am actually able to fit it all in now!!

lol
    once my girls go to bed I am getting a take away!
    sweet things were making me sick for a while and still do sometimes but I accept being sick as being pregnancy at this stage.
    Tea was making me sick too but not all the time *sigh*
    I love babies but not the biggest fan of pregnancy and this is by far my easiest.
    I am due the 29th but we have to travel for christmas due to 2 quick labours and no one near to look after my girls 24th,25th,26th and 27th if I did go in to labour. I don't want the stress of not being at home and going in to labour but here there is jut no one to take the girls.

• Advertisement

Oh, take away sounds good!!! Would love a nice indian actually! ah well sometime! I do like a nice chinese too, and a good burger.. lol... food in general is great!! hehehe I haven't been able to eat a lot of my normal foods since I got pregnant!!! Looking forward to being able to eat properly after this pregnancy!!
    You are right to be somewhere that you are comfortable knowing there is someone to look after your girls if you were to go into labour... its always best to have your plans made for just in case! do you have family you can go to?
    We don't want any added stress around the time we are due! But hey, you might go before all of those dates :) and you will have your baba before christmas!
    Tea was making me sick for a long time too! I can have some now, but no more than one cup or I'm in bother! I find that if I take anything with milk I feel really sick... so tea comes into that! luckily I take coffee black, so have my decaf beside the kettle :)

milk makes me sick anyway but I had the great idea to eat ice cream last night,it tasted lovely but I was of course sick:(
    We are going to go to the in laws for christmas so there are loads of people to mind the girls:)

ah thats brilliant!! Its great to have plenty around to help out! Well I will hope for you that you have your little bundle before the festivities begin!! :)

I can take a bit of milk so I guess its not too bad! I can take a bit of ice cream if I fancied it.. and a cup of tea so long as there's not too much milk in it.. god I can't wait to have a nice big bowl of cornflakes with ice cold milk tho :D mmmmm......

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

Just wondering ladies how long or short ye found this pregnancy? A friend of mine tonight said she felt it has flown by, me and my oh looked at each other and laughed as we feel like I have been pregnant forever!!
    So has it been long or short for you?

scrgirl wrote: »
    Just wondering ladies how long or short ye found this pregnancy? A friend of mine tonight said she felt it has flown by, me and my oh looked at each other and laughed as we feel like I have been pregnant forever!!

I feel like mine has gone really quick... Although the first four months were a whole different story!! I was very sick and I thought it was the longest pg ever!!
    Flying by now tho... And hope the next 4-5 weeks do the same :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

scrgirl wrote: »

Sometimes I feel like its flown by and other times, like this morning I feel like I've been pregnant forever and I'm going to be pregnant the rest of my life! Although last night we were sitting down watching tv and I was saying that we only have 3 fridays left until my due date...makes it seem like no time at all before baby is here!

jeni wrote: »

I know exactly how you feel! It gets so exhausting being uncomfortable 24-7! I was saying last night how I don't think I will ever feel normal ever again and im Just so uncomfortable and ect. My OH was like oh you'll be fine, back to normal in no time, I know he was trying to be helpful but it made me want to hit him haha!

Rachineire wrote: »

I know exactly how you feel! It gets so exhausting being uncomfortable 24-7! I was saying last night how I don't think I will ever feel normal ever again and im Just so uncomfortable and ect. My OH was like oh you'll be fine, back to normal in no time, I know he was trying to be helpful but it made me want to hit him haha!

Yeah that one is annoying!! Lol they really don't realise how hard it is to be pregnant! I telly my hubby that if it was the men having the babies there would only be one child families!!! If that... Lol... It's good to remind ourselves how great we are sometimes :D

Good morning everyone!! I'm just about to get out of bed - finally and make breakfast for my wee fella.. I can hear the DS going flat out all morning!! My mum is coming to help me clean up today! I am so not able for much with this annoying pelvis!! But of course now I want to get up and clean the house for her coming to clean!!! Hehehe.

I hope everyone is well today?!
    Xx

TeresaM wrote: »
    Yeah that one is annoying!! Lol they really don't realise how hard it is to be pregnant! I telly my hubby that if it was the men having the babies there would only be one child families!!! If that... Lol... It's good to remind ourselves how great we are sometimes :D

Good morning everyone!! I'm just about to get out of bed - finally and make breakfast for my wee fella.. I can hear the DS going flat out all morning!! My mum is coming to help me clean up today! I am so not able for much with this annoying pelvis!! But of course now I want to get up and clean the house for her coming to clean!!! Hehehe.

I hope everyone is well today?!
    Xx

haha I'm exactly like that- I dont like anyone seeing my house messy at all- if someone was coming over to help me clean I would clean up for them beforehand! In fact I have a friend dropping by just to pick up some tickets from me and I'm straightening the kitchen just in case. :o

Yes I think I told my OH the other day when he said something about my total inability to bend over how would he like it if I stuck a watermelon under his skin on his tummy and left it there for a few weeks- try bending then! haha I'm not totally convinced that this won't be a one child family- must wait and see after I have baby cause I'm not loving pregnancy thats for sure! (and who ARE these women who say they loved being pregnant?)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭irishrose1981

ah rachineire i know how that feels,but they try and make it easy as all they want is for it to be over two and they think they are saying the right things to us when they arent,its not there fault we dont tell them what is and isnt the right things for them to say is. and then we snap at them for it,god love them they dont know where to look when we let them have it,its like ( what i do or say now to upset you).

good i was in so much pain hopefully baby comes soon,i can feel the head and shoulders and it hurts on the bottom of my tummie.

• Advertisement

ah rachineire i know how that feels,but they try and make it easy as all they want is for it to be over two and they think they are saying the right things to us when they arent,its not there fault we dont tell them what is and isnt the right things for them to say is. and then we snap at them for it,god love them they dont know where to look when we let them have it,its like ( what i do or say now to upset you).

good i was in so much pain hopefully baby comes soon,i can feel the head and shoulders and it hurts on the bottom of my tummie.

haha yeah i know- they just can't win, poor guys!

Have you been doing anything to try and make baby come faster? long walks or hot curries or anything? I know they are all old-wives tales but I'm willing to try pretty much anything by the end of the month to get baby moving! (minus castor oil...no thanks!)

I don't know about anyone else, but it seems like the vast majority of people i know who in the last year or so are having/had babies are having boys!! I just found out today that two more people having babies are having boys! I only know of two people in the last year who had a girl!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭irishrose1981

Have you been doing anything to try and make baby come faster? long walks or hot curries or anything? I know they are all old-wives tales but I'm willing to try pretty much anything by the end of the month to get baby moving! (minus castor oil...no thanks!)

I don't know about anyone else, but it seems like the vast majority of people i know who in the last year or so are having/had babies are having boys!! I just found out today that two more people having babies are having boys! I only know of two people in the last year who had a girl!

ive tryd hot baths,currys,walking,moving around when im standing up or doing house work only last thing is to try is the other thing hanky panky if nuthing else works thats if the baby lets it happen yeah right,well at least im finishd now no more babies for me now im finishd,at least if it happends during the week im out for the weekend and to be honest thats what i love and not a weekend,as i wonna spend the weekends with my babies and hubbie.

how about you how far have you left now to go.

I've got about 4 weeks to go until my due date...my bump has gotten so large though I dont think I will last until then (and hope not as well!)
    I start my maternity leave next week and am only working one more day until then- I thought I would hate it but now I can't wait to be at home!!

I heard blowing up ballons was a good way to get labor started...i have some spare ballons left over from a birthday party and will be trying that as well haha! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

Last time i got so desperate to move baby out i got my friend to get me big bottle castor oil. Drank it all with orange juice, disgusting stuff. Needless to say it didnt work and i was on the loo for two days with the you know whats. Dont advise this old wives tale!!

Feel even more depressed thismorning, had to bring my dog to vet to have her put sleep. She was old and ill long time and was pupping it off for ages, just felt thismorning that it was time:(.

What is the sharp stabbing pain i getting down stairs, couldnt sit quite for 2mins last night it was that uncomfortable, and same when i stand up. Goes away if i lie down.

You must really be lookng forward to you OH coming home TeresaM. Is it some kind of fishing compition or job on crab boats or something he doin?

Oh God 6 more weeks of this is gonna kill me! Defo think this is gonna be last baba for me.

Last time i got so desperate to move baby out i got my friend to get me big bottle castor oil. Drank it all with orange juice, disgusting stuff. Needless to say it didnt work and i was on the loo for two days with the you know whats. Dont advise this old wives tale!!

Feel even more depressed thismorning, had to bring my dog to vet to have her put sleep. She was old and ill long time and was pupping it off for ages, just felt thismorning that it was time:(.

What is the sharp stabbing pain i getting down stairs, couldnt sit quite for 2mins last night it was that uncomfortable, and same when i stand up. Goes away if i lie down.

You must really be lookng forward to you OH coming home TeresaM. Is it some kind of fishing compition or job on crab boats or something he doin?

Oh God 6 more weeks of this is gonna kill me! Defo think this is gonna be last baba for me.

aw im sorry mel- its been a rough week for you! Our pets really do become part of the family. You should definitely do something nice for yourself, a nice take away or a pedicure or something, get your mind off things!

I was told that sharp stabbing pain is the baby moving down there- if he is head down, its his head, just far down and kinda head butting (or kicking) the cervix, all the nerves down there get a jolt. I get those pains all the time! It usually goes away if i move, sometimes lie down but sometimes it takes a while for it to pass. gets really annoying, especially if im out and about!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

aw im sorry mel- its been a rough week for you! Our pets really do become part of the family. You should definitely do something nice for yourself, a nice take away or a pedicure or something, get your mind off things!

I was told that sharp stabbing pain is the baby moving down there- if he is head down, its his head, just far down and kinda head butting (or kicking) the cervix, all the nerves down there get a jolt. I get those pains all the time! It usually goes away if i move, sometimes lie down but sometimes it takes a while for it to pass. gets really annoying, especially if im out and about!

yea, sounds silly but i almost fely last night that he/she was poking its fingers in my cervix trying to get out!! very disturbing. Yea im an idiot i know:D
    Dont know wheather head is down or not, scan next wed should tell more.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Sorry to hear about your dog, tis tough going, they are like a part of the family, just think they are not in pain anymore.

Eyeing up a few last bits and bobs on amazon along with Christmas presents. Wonder will there be good deals on Black Friday week?

Have ye bought soothers for just in case? Dont want to use them unless have to..I already know the answer to that!!

Sorry to hear about your dog, tis tough going, they are like a part of the family, just think they are not in pain anymore.

Eyeing up a few last bits and bobs on amazon along with Christmas presents. Wonder will there be good deals on Black Friday week?

Have ye bought soothers for just in case? Dont want to use them unless have to..I already know the answer to that!!

Actually I had never really thought about not using them! I bought the orthodontic tommee tippee kind as they support the roof of the mouth better. Not sure if my mom used them with us as kids or not, don't really remember that at all but I know they are dead handy!

I forgot about the black friday deals! we have few bits left to buy on amazon...must leave it until the end of next week then! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

Whats black friday week ;;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

On soothers my family would have been not really in favour my mother never used them and either did my sister. However I have heArd recently that the SIDS website encourage them as the sucking reflex can reduce risk of cot death. I don't have any yet though.

Sorry to hear about the poor old dog Mel.

My nesting kicked in finally!! The house doesn't know what hit it got so much done yesterday despite my carpel tunnel syndrome and sore swollen feet!
    Any one else got carpel thingy in their hands?

Advertisement