Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Dec 2012....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

jeni wrote: »
    Whats black friday week ;;)

The day after thanksgiving is black friday- really really big sales. The last couple of years online stores have been taking part of black friday. Last year my OH and I got some great deals on clothes online, the only catch was we had them sent to my moms house...the shipping to Ireland on these online stores is insane!! thats why amazon is such a good deal, you can get the super saver in the uk and don't have to pay shipping!

scrgirl wrote: »
    On soothers my family would have been not really in favour my mother never used them and either did my sister. However I have heArd recently that the SIDS website encourage them as the sucking reflex can reduce risk of cot death. I don't have any yet though.

Sorry to hear about the poor old dog Mel.

My nesting kicked in finally!! The house doesn't know what hit it got so much done yesterday despite my carpel tunnel syndrome and sore swollen feet!
    Any one else got carpel thingy in their hands?

I headn't heard that about soothers regarding the sids, interesting stuff!

My anti-nesting has finally kicked in...I've never been so lazy in all of my life! I took two naps yesterday, have barely moved from the couch this morning, its been great! I know i need to do another good clean in the house before its all said and done but for the moment I'm enjoying this laziness!

I got the worst pain ever in my rib this morning on my left side...i seriously thought it might be cracked it hurt so bad! It was hurting all the way around to my back as well! not sure what happened there- went downstairs and laid upright on the sofa and took some paracetemol which helped but its pretty sore still! The pain nearly made me ill! Wonder if he was squished up under there or kicked it really hard or what? not sure :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭irishrose1981

i think im the opposite im trying to get as much christmas shopping done and baby stuff as well as house work done before i go into hospital to have the baby.

ive never heard that about the soothers before and my daughter was on them and i have them for this baby too.

reachineire that was probably the babys foot in your ribs that can really hurt in a big way,that it feels like you cracked your ribs,just rest with a pillow underneath you so your ribs dont get all the pressure on it.

rub your ribs with the palm of your hand as hard as you can you just need a little pressure on it and baby should move its foot or heel out from underneath your ribs.

i hope the pain eases on you ribs soon reachineire.

i think im the opposite im trying to get as much christmas shopping done and baby stuff as well as house work done before i go into hospital to have the baby.

ive never heard that about the soothers before and my daughter was on them and i have them for this baby too.

reachineire that was probably the babys foot in your ribs that can really hurt in a big way,that it feels like you cracked your ribs,just rest with a pillow underneath you so your ribs dont get all the pressure on it.

rub your ribs with the palm of your hand as hard as you can you just need a little pressure on it and baby should move its foot or heel out from underneath your ribs.

i hope the pain eases on you ribs soon reachineire.

Thanks I appreciate the advice! I guess it was his foot- I thought he was facing the other direction but I'm pretty sure i can feel his back on my right hand side- the intense pain has gone away, still sore but if it hurts like that again I will definitely be doing that!!

Is it really windy and miserable outside where anyone else is living?? Wind been howling down the fireplace all night long!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

Soothers...... Never ever again.

1st baby had one, didnt get a full nights sleep for almost 2 year, soother keep falling out of mouth, baby awake!
    2nd baby had none, was sleeping all night from about 4 month!

Oh i really wish nesting would kick in, never been so lazy in all my life!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

So tired:( frustrated not being able to bend either.

I was never going to use soothers but had 2 babies that sucked everything and latched on just for comfort and I had enough so gave in. #1 was off them by 6 months #2 is 22 months and is only allowed them in bed.
    I got sleep again once I gave them the soothers:)

We are also a but warey of sids so have them for this baby too:)

Moonbeam wrote: »
    So tired:( frustrated not being able to bend either.

I was never going to use soothers but had 2 babies that sucked everything and latched on just for comfort and I had enough so gave in. #1 was off them by 6 months #2 is 22 months and is only allowed them in bed.
    I got sleep again once I gave them the soothers:)

We are also a but warey of sids so have them for this baby too:)

+1 on the not being able to bend. I drop everything as well so its twice as frustrating. I've taken to leaving non-essential stuff on the floor and waiting for my OH to get home haha!

must look into this sids/soothers thing, never heard of the two being connected before!

I have some terrible heartburn from this iron pill. really brackish taste in my mouth and my nose has been bleeding for two days now! I think i might cut back to one every two days. its just extra suffering on top of discomfort. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Yeah just been reading about the soother SIDS connection so will get a few in for that reason alone. Anyone know which brands are good?

I found milk helped me with the heartburn, or yazoo yum yum!

Black Friday deals on Amazon has Tommee Tippee bottles steriliser kit, monitor and sensor mat reduced.

Have another 3 weeks in work, these are going to drag me thinks!

Picked up and assembled our buggy yesterday, really liking it, makes everything more real too!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

my babies loved the avent soothers but once they are suitable for new born I doubht it matters.

ugh the heartburn:(
    I sleep sucking Gaviscon!

Aww, I remember putting up the buggy for my 1st . I love the feeling <3

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭TeresaM

I wrote a post earlier and lost it :mad: so annoying!

anyway! Mel so sorry to hear about your dog honey! *hugs*
    and yeah, my OH is on a fishing boat, they fish off Africa!! :eek: so far away....
    Can't wait for him to come home.. But they saying now that they might have to stay out another week!!! :eek::eek::eek: that would bring it up to 1 week before due date when he comes home...

Ah, soothers... I used Nuk ones with my son, he had a bit of collic and my mum suggested giving him one as once he went to sleep he got rid of the wind himself! so we gave it to him after a couple of weeks... was a godsend! and the Nuk ones are curved so they don't fall out so easily at night... he slept through the night from 4 weeks old :D Hope this baba is going to be the same!!

How was everyones day today? Anyone feel like they are getting closer? I am going to get raspberry leaf tea tomorrow and drink as much as I can!! LOLLL...
    I am getting loads of braxton hicks these days... and boy are they getting stronger!:eek::D all good tho! practice practice practice!

• Advertisement

Aww:(
    I hope baby holds on.

Hey ladies, how are the bumps today?

Teresa that would make me so nervous for his company to be cutting it so close to when baby is due!! Hopefully baby hangs on so he can be there with you!

Well I have a couple of different kinds of soothers so if he takes to one better than another then im ok. I picked up some MAM ones today in mothercare....the only reason as because they are christmas ones haha!! I think i might have gone a little overboard with some christmas outfits for him- my mom sent me another one today...I believe baby will have to be changed a couple of times christmas day! :o

I have been having a TON of braxton hicks today. We even started timing them! I think it was just the walking around the shopping center that was doing it- I'm still having a lot of pressure but no more braxton hicks...I was wondering if baby decided to comply and come early after all!
    My family bought their plane tickets to come and visit after the baby is born...its starting to feel all very real as all the last bits are falling into place! :cool:

Ugh bumpy is lying on my lungs or so it feels,I feel pretty winded:(
    I treated the kids to chips for lunch because I really wanted curry chips:)

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

mmmmmmm curry chips!!!!gotta get some!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

Lol thanks for putting the thought in my head mmmmm i want :)

Mad day yesterday was in the hospital in the day ward getting my blood pressure checked everything went great my bp was the best ever ;)

one of the girls also getting it done was telling me bout the babys heart beat if its above 140 its a girl or below 140 its a boy (might be other way round) any way went in midwife checks babys heartbeat n its 140 exactly lol im just not meant to know ;)

Baby is breech so im back in again next week, love a good que for hours for a 30second visit wit the doc ;)

curry chips...mmm! although the OH brought home chinese last night as I told him I couldnt be bothered making dinner it was his turn :rolleyes: so I will be good and have my veggies tonight :D

Your baby is breech Jeni? have they always been? fingers crossed baby moves around for you!

I have to say, I'm delighted my family is all going to come right after christmas and stay and see the baby but man they are insane! It will be really interesting to see how this is going to work with a new baby in the house. I have been fielding phone calls all day between my parents (divorced) and my sister who lives in brazil! I told my OH even an ocean can't keep that level of crazy at bay haha! I have a great excuse of baby to distract me though and can sit back and avoid the crazy as much as possible....i hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

My sister lives in Brazil too Rachinere, in Rio! Lucky sisters we have!
    I have inlaws (OH is French) coming in January, they talked about coming at Christmas but we pushed it out a few weeks, I really want to be ok with breast feeding and managing all the sleepless nights a bit better before I can entertain...
    BTW I Went out and got curry chips right after I posted last time!! the power of suggestion!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Rachineire wrote: »

I have some terrible heartburn from this iron pill. really brackish taste in my mouth and my nose has been bleeding for two days now! I think i might cut back to one every two days. its just extra suffering on top of discomfort. :(

Is that where this horrible heartburn came from? Upped my iron dose last week and like a dope never made the connection :confused:

have to say have gotten extremely uncomfortable the last little while, for the past few days the babys movements have gotten kinda sore too, anyone else experienced this?

jeni wrote: »
    Baby is breech so im back in again next week, love a good que for hours for a 30second visit wit the doc ;)

What week are you again jeni? Is it terrible to admit that I half wish mine was breech for that hope of a planned c-section??

Awful I know but apparently planned ones arent nearly as bad as emergency ones...god im awful arent i?

• Advertisement

Piper101 wrote: »
    What week are you again jeni? Is it terrible to admit that I half wish mine was breech for that hope of a planned c-section??

Awful I know but apparently planned ones arent nearly as bad as emergency ones...god im awful arent i?

You know what, Ive said the same exact thing to myself about 20 times now. I think i just want to know when and where and exactly how the birth is going to happen. I want to pinpoint it on the calander. The now knowing is what leaves me on edge!

Also yeah, i never ever got heartburn before the iron pills (which was a shocker for me since I suffered with acid reflux for years, but as long as ive been pregnant- heart burn free! Ive been eating oranges and drinking orange juice like its going out of style, its been years since Ive been able to do that haha!!) but three days of that iron pill with heart burn each day, i didn't take it today, no heartburn! I called my GP and asked if i could take it every other day and she said that was a-ok! My nose also stopped bleeding today after three days of bleeding...those iron pills are no fun!

scrgirl- thats crazy that your sister lives in brazil as well! My sister unfortunately doesn't live in Rio though, she lives in Belo Horzantie? Not sure but its like the middle of nowhere. She said when she first moved there people would stop and stare at her in the middle of the street because they have never seen someone as pale as her in real life before LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

haha curry chips must be the only food item ever mentioned in this thread that not made we want to have some instantly.

It seems that after 8 months of power-greed for anything edible and a belly near starvation every 2 hours or less I have now come to a stage where I can go without food from 9pm to 9am!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭irishrose1981

hay girls hope you are all well,well ive got great news i had my little boy josh there on monday morning he was born at 9:07am and was 7lb 10oz,and i didnt take a thing when i was in labour,had loads of really bad back pain that omg hurt like hell,that at the last 2 or 3 centermeaters i couldnt take the pain in my back anymore so they broke my waters and along came my gorgeous little boy.so happy josh is here and we both came home there yesterday i ony had to stay in for the night,im so happy to be home with josh sarah n steve my lovely little family.

i hope everyones pregnancy goes well and the labour does to,and girls dont worry everything be ok once the labour is over with your much better.

hay girls hope you are all well,well ive got great news i had my little boy josh there on monday morning he was born at 9:07am and was 7lb 10oz,and i didnt take a thing when i was in labour,had loads of really bad back pain that omg hurt like hell,that at the last 2 or 3 centermeaters i couldnt take the pain in my back anymore so they broke my waters and along came my gorgeous little boy.so happy josh is here and we both came home there yesterday i ony had to stay in for the night,im so happy to be home with josh sarah n steve my lovely little family.

i hope everyones pregnancy goes well and the labour does to,and girls dont worry everything be ok once the labour is over with your much better.

Yea, im the first here, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!:):):):):) delighted for you! Funny enough when i was loggin in i was thinking you may have had it.
    I douth we be seening much of you here anymore, so best of luck in the future, kisses to your baba and OH.

Ah God im all emotional wishin it was me!

Again Congratulations and best wishes!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

congratulations irishrose1981, this is great news, delighted for you and your family, all the best to to you and baby Josh! :):):)

Any way, Nearly hard to believe one of us has our baba already, God i really need to get my hosp bag sorted.:eek:
    Have Hosp app today, 35 week scan. Gettin awfully uncomfortably downstairs now all the time. Im going to chance my arm and look for an early induction b4 xmas altough OH is not too happy about that. He says when its cooked itll come but im sooooo tired.

TeresaM, my OH is obsessed with those programms about crab/lobster/tuna Bering sea fishing. It absoutly terrifies me to watch. I can only imagine the stress u must be under to get him hom and keep him there too!

Ah girls i really want to have my baby now!:D

Irishrose that's amazing news! :) I'm delighted for you (inwardly seethes with envy ;)) and what a great size! Enjoy him!!!

Mel1, are you seeing a consultant this week as well? I'm a bit nervous about my scan and consultant next week (36 weeks) cause haven't a clue what's gonna happen, the last two were really just meet and greets and I'm starting to feel this **** is about to get serious :-0

Aww:)
    Our 1st Dec baby.

Congrats:)

Ah brilliant news congrats so happy for you ;) love the name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭CeNedra

Congrats IrishRose, brilliant news. great to have it behind you and your beautiful baby in your arms. I too am jealous, am about ready to be done. 36 weeks though so I expect i have a bit to go yet.

Enjoy it all!!

Advertisement