Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Dec 2012....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Rachineire wrote: »
    I am officially on maternity leave!!! Woohoo! Never thought this day would get here!!

Jealous! I've another 2 weeks to go! So whats planned, taking it easy a bit I hope!

My bump has changed shape today, not sure if it has dropped or something? Have yours dropped did you notice??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

mine has dropped too:)
    3 weeks to maternity leave her.
    I felt as if my bump was going to burst yesterday,it was so uncomfortable and sore and aaggghhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Jealous! I've another 2 weeks to go! So whats planned, taking it easy a bit I hope!

My bump has changed shape today, not sure if it has dropped or something? Have yours dropped did you notice??

Hopefully those weeks will fly by for you!!

not too much planned...try and relax. I have a hard time relaxing, just when i think ive done everything i can do, i think of 20 more things to do. I spent my first day crafting and decorating so the house is all christmassed out before baby...
    Tomorrow i will spend the day baking as its the OH's birthday tuesday and I was planning on making and freezing several loafs of bannana and pumpkin bread for after baby is here. I also plan on cooking up some batches of spaghetti sauce and some vegetable soups to freeze. not all in one day mind. I seem to have all of these great plans, we'll see how much of them actually happen!
    We also have to finish buying bits and bobs for people for christmas. I should have done this last month...the shops are mad now! maybe it will induce labour? ;)

My bump has dropped as well! i took bump pictures two days apart and it was a big difference! not a lot of extra pressure though...I hope he stays down there!
    I definitely have noticed a lack of movement...a lot more shifting, way less kicks. Anyone else get this? Kinda worries me but i figure i would know if something was wrong by this stage! He is also still hiccuping like a pro...hes so big now it actually hurts a little! He was hiccuping for a solid 40 minutes last night....i finally got up and started walking around and he finally stopped hiccuping! :p

anyone else start thier leave yet or how much longer does everyone have? I think all the december bumps will be done by christmas week right?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

Quick question ladies, were do you feel your kicks and movements, i think from the kicks n movements i feel that babs is still breech but just not sure, im nearly sure i can feel the head at the top right n then kicks ect at bottom

Ill know more on tuesday in hosp again

I will feel kicks higher up on my bump....he has been head down for a while now. I can feel him running his hands along the bottom on my bump sometimes as well...no kicks as such down on the bottom! Hope that helps, not really sure how else to describe it! Hope he turns the right way for you!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Having my 1st cup of Rasberry leaf tea and I am so packing the hospital bags today:) 35 +2 today
    Pennys have nice 3 piece pjs that make breast feeding quite easy for 15 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

Have my next hospital appointment tomorrow (37 weeks), will go hunt for raspberry leaf tea and look at the pjs you mention while I'm out in town, they sound good!

On a different note, maternity leave has started here as well and the payment was in the bank perfectly on time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

Honestly Rach, where do you get the energy from??? God in just nackered from one end of the day to the other!

Think i got a few hours of this "nesting thing" other day managed to get the kitchen spotless for the first time in weeks, but is that it??

Where does one buy raspberry tea and is it realy worth the bother??

I have noticed a dramatic drop in the amount of movement last few days, kinda scared my self for a few hours last night till i got a hot bath and it woke up. Still i think i will go doc for a listen tomorrow, have 2 sick kids home today :(.

Movements seem to be mostly around the bottom of the bump, think it might be still head up:(, if they would bother doing a scan i might know more, getin a bit fustrated with them now, just really want to know if its engaged or not, altough the pressure down there can be unreal so i just dont know.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

everyone sounds so organised! especially you rachineire...well im currently sitting in bed, himself is painting the living room (i figure im gonna be spending a whole heap of time sitting in it so i want it nice) so I went shopping...BIG MISTAKE!!!

my back is ruined from carrying around groceries for dinner and the bits and pieces i picked up while i was out. just barely made it back to my car. Having plenty of braxton hicks and menstrual type cramps as well since thursday. dont know if thats a sign ill go early or just that im doing too much. 36 weeks this thurs so no mat leave for me for another two weeks. think ill be well ready for it by the time it comes around.

Thanks for the heads up on the pjs in penneys, anyone seen nursing type string vests anywhere? ones with built in support? thinking they might be less awkward than nursing bras for when you're out and about.

ps went to the bank today and ended up queuing for 40 minutes, there was one chair and the "lady" in front of me decided to sit in it and let me hold her place as i shuffled along for 25 minutes then, as i was nearing the front, got up from her chair jumped in in front of me and murmured "thanks"...seriously??? i look pregnant, i look very pregnant. I would never have sat down within 2 miles of a pregnant woman whether she wanted sit or not...some people! :confused::confused:

To be completely honest, its probably stupidity more than anything mel! I really really should be resting more but my mind is just going a million miles a minute! Its my way of dealing with stress- I need EVERYTHING around me to be just so! If i was to sit down and watch tv and rest like i should be i would probably be weepy and upset and depressed. I have to say i am terrified of having the baby- not the labour, its the taking care of baby part that has me waking up at night....no clue what to do with babies? what if im a horrible mother? So busy hands, empty head :p (its also the first time my parents will see my home here in Ireland and since I've been married, and i really really want to make a good impression...crazy much?)

This morning I had some cramping and when i went to the bathroom there was a tiny bit of blood when i wiped (TMI? sorry!) I mean, it was like the tiniest speck possible...but ive had tons of pressure all day long as well. I'm hoping that i lose my plug soon or something starts happening! My pregnancy apps say 19 days until due date is here! :eek::eek:

I'm wondering about the raspberry leaf tea as well....not a huge tea fan, is it worth it?

Huzzah for maternity leave xiwang! Hope your enjoying, i know i am! :D

well mel I will keep my fingers crossed for you that he is head down....i get a ton of movement down low as well but i think its more his arms and hands...he was never that much of a kicker anyways for me! (and the lack of movement is scarey isnt it? was it like that with your other two??)

• Advertisement

Piper101 wrote: »
    everyone sounds so organised! especially you rachineire...well im currently sitting in bed, himself is painting the living room (i figure im gonna be spending a whole heap of time sitting in it so i want it nice) so I went shopping...BIG MISTAKE!!!

my back is ruined from carrying around groceries for dinner and the bits and pieces i picked up while i was out. just barely made it back to my car. Having plenty of braxton hicks and menstrual type cramps as well since thursday. dont know if thats a sign ill go early or just that im doing too much. 36 weeks this thurs so no mat leave for me for another two weeks. think ill be well ready for it by the time it comes around.

Thanks for the heads up on the pjs in penneys, anyone seen nursing type string vests anywhere? ones with built in support? thinking they might be less awkward than nursing bras for when you're out and about.

ps went to the bank today and ended up queuing for 40 minutes, there was one chair and the "lady" in front of me decided to sit in it and let me hold her place as i shuffled along for 25 minutes then, as i was nearing the front, got up from her chair jumped in in front of me and murmured "thanks"...seriously??? i look pregnant, i look very pregnant. I would never have sat down within 2 miles of a pregnant woman whether she wanted sit or not...some people! :confused::confused:

:eek::eek: I cannot believe that woman!! The cheek of some people! Ive had a few similar instances alright while waiting in queues, i find it shocking as if i ever saw a heavily pregnant woman i always tried to give a hand by holding a door or letting her in front of me! Even now at 38 weeks I find myself holding doors for people! Manners are free!

I saw some string vests for nursing in mother care....30% off! also if you look online at gap (i think you can order off the eu site for better shipping prices) they have some really nice t-shirt type tops that look super comfy and are cut just for nursing and are on clearance!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

Rachineire wrote: »
    To be completely honest, its probably stupidity more than anything mel! I really really should be resting more but my mind is just going a million miles a minute! Its my way of dealing with stress- I need EVERYTHING around me to be just so! If i was to sit down and watch tv and rest like i should be i would probably be weepy and upset and depressed. I have to say i am terrified of having the baby- not the labour, its the taking care of baby part that has me waking up at night....no clue what to do with babies? what if im a horrible mother? So busy hands, empty head :p (its also the first time my parents will see my home here in Ireland and since I've been married, and i really really want to make a good impression...crazy much?)

This morning I had some cramping and when i went to the bathroom there was a tiny bit of blood when i wiped (TMI? sorry!) I mean, it was like the tiniest speck possible...but ive had tons of pressure all day long as well. I'm hoping that i lose my plug soon or something starts happening! My pregnancy apps say 19 days until due date is here! :eek::eek:

I'm wondering about the raspberry leaf tea as well....not a huge tea fan, is it worth it?

Huzzah for maternity leave xiwang! Hope your enjoying, i know i am! :D

well mel I will keep my fingers crossed for you that he is head down....i get a ton of movement down low as well but i think its more his arms and hands...he was never that much of a kicker anyways for me! (and the lack of movement is scarey isnt it? was it like that with your other two??)

Japers thats a whole lotta stuff to have going on in your head!
    Heres some advice, feck the house, you dont need to impress your parents, their your parents, they only want to see grandbabby. Be well aware that you cannot possibly nurse a new baby and keep your house lovely and sparkly, there are no real Bree VanDecamps! And that goes for the next 18 odd year!
    As for asking your self if your going to be a good mammy, im afraid we all do that for all of our kids lives, you will always be wondering if you are doing the right thing. Its only niave parents that think they are perfect. Thats life im afraid. All thise feelings are natural, Your first is very daunting i know, but it will come natural i promise!

Keep an eye on the bleeding, im gonna sound like my doc now and dont wanna sound like a total ass, and suggest it might be a pile! as i had something simular other day!

As for the what it was like with the first 2, its that long ago i really dont remember!

i had that spotting thing as well just yest!! like that it was the smallest bit and a constant feeling like the baby was going to fall out :( Been drinking the raspberry leaf tea once a day for the past three weeks but I love tea, regular and the herbal kind.

Im the same about having the baby, im a ftm too and have never been the most maternal type, scared ill be an awful mother. Im sure it'll come to us.

It'll be lovely for you to see your family as well, my mum spends much of the year in france and sisters are in cork and the middle east. Cant wait to see everyone and hopefully baby arrives in and around due date and not too late or one of my sisters will miss it, it would devastate her! (and me too tbh)

oh and thanks for the heads up on the vests, will check them out now

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

Hi all. I wish I had a little of your energy Racherine I have lots of stuff to do but no energy to do anything. Haven't bought one Christmas gift. I remember asking a few weeks back when I was around 27 weeks when should I start shopping and moonbeam said get it done before u are 34 weeks because after that you won't be abie, I wish I had taken her advice because it was spot on. I've been pretty disabled since 34 weeks! I'm 37+3 now so running out if time. Thank god for Internet shopping!
    Anyway apart from aches and pains snd stiffness all seems as normal here. No major move down or shows or anything but I have this feeling and so does my oh that the baby will come on time, so that's 2 and a half weeks!! 3 more days of work then maternity leave. It's got so very real and yes a bit scarey.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I've been out and about today walking around a good bit and now I feel like I've been riding a very uncomfortable bike for way too long. Ouch! Anyone else enjoying this lovely symptom

I told my family I wasn't doing pressies this yr with the baby etc so that's saved me lot of hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭mapaco

geez i'm fumin bout that wan in the bank-cheeky b***ch! people are awful >:(

god i'm hopin i'll go late-the house is a wreck!! no raspberry tea here...i'll prob change my tune in a week tho.

i admire all the energetic girlies-i'm not worth a crap today-flopped out like a big frog-just cant get motivated!!

not one present bought here either...thinking ill get it all done in a couple of hours next week, wont i? ha ha oh god!!!

mel1 wrote: »
    Japers thats a whole lotta stuff to have going on in your head!
    Heres some advice, feck the house, you dont need to impress your parents, their your parents, they only want to see grandbabby. Be well aware that you cannot possibly nurse a new baby and keep your house lovely and sparkly, there are no real Bree VanDecamps! And that goes for the next 18 odd year!
    As for asking your self if your going to be a good mammy, im afraid we all do that for all of our kids lives, you will always be wondering if you are doing the right thing. Its only niave parents that think they are perfect. Thats life im afraid. All thise feelings are natural, Your first is very daunting i know, but it will come natural i promise!

Keep an eye on the bleeding, im gonna sound like my doc now and dont wanna sound like a total ass, and suggest it might be a pile! as i had something simular other day!

As for the what it was like with the first 2, its that long ago i really dont remember!

Thanks for all the advice...logical rach knows all of these things, but pregnant rach's brain takes over and poor logical me doesn't stand a chance haha!! Well thankfully I have a very patient and understanding husband who has been very helpful around the house and has worked hard in an attempt to get me to relax! My plan after I have the baby is to ignore everything else except baby! :)

Your right on the piles thing there, it could very well be. Ive never had them before but im on Iron supplements right now and we all know the lovely side effects of those! No more blood or any signs of anything moving (besides baby wiggles) all day...sigh! wishful thinking! :)

Piper I really really hope that baby is punctual for you so your family can see him/her! You will have to get your sister to help you induce labour, get her to bring you some hot curries haha! being a FTM is scarey huh? I guess its the great unknown, not only on the baby side of things, but on how your life is about to change! Its pretty daunting!

scrgirl- I feel for you- and thank god for online shopping! The more I think about the more I'm thinking everyone is going to get presents that I can buy on Amazon and thats it! We actually bought the vast majority of our baby stuff on amazon! We looked at a lot of it in the stores and found that even with shipping (which most of it was free to ireland with the supersaver!) it was cheaper to buy online!

Sipe- I know that feeling well, most days I'm walking around like John Wayne! My baby has always tended to hang out pretty far down, which has saved my ribs from hurting but the pressure is no fun either! Whats your due date? I don't believe I have you on the list??
    Mapaco, are you on the due date list as well??

Irishrose1981 2nd- Born 19/11/12 Boy
    mapaco 10th
    Scrgirl 14th
    Rachineire 15th- Boy
    Mrs Patser 17th
    CeNedra 18th
    Funksoulsista 20th
    TeresaM- Dec 20th
    Xiwang 21st
    Piper101 27th
    Mel1 - 27th
    Jeni 28th
    Moonbeam 29th
    Princessa - 1st Jan (? early induction in Dec) - Surprise.

Heres the list! Mapaco you are on here! my apologies! If you aren't on here please feel free to add yourself so we can keep track of all our december bumps! :D:D

• Advertisement

I am officially tired of being pregnant.
    I love having a bump,I love kids,I love being pregnant but I hate being pregnant too!

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

Feeling really nauseous all evening just wiped out on couch, anyone else experience nausea at this point?

I am sick daily,baby is taking up a lot of room at this stage.
    Try the ginger tea and snacks rather then meals.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

Every day im back hugging the toilet hun morning noon and night, its so horrible, and it screws me up for the rest of the day feeling ill and cant eat, and afraid to smell but 30 more days n this too will pass ;)

Ive four pressies left to get, i know what two are for hubster n sis, but what im getting his mam n dad i havnt a clue, im stuck,

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Due 7 Dec ... Or any day now:-) my mum went early on all of us so maybe I'll go early too.. In Holles St and they'll let me go to 21 Dec ... Which I think is too close to Christmas so will be trying all the tricks after the 7th to move things along.

Least we are all nearly there... On a few weeks to go. I'm looking forward to having my lungs back (as no room to breath) and not having to visit the toilet so much. :-) And of course can wait to meet the little one... All so surreal. Not sure it has hit home yet what going to happen... Even though I had nine months to get used to the idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

I am terrible with christmas presents, but have been so for many years so this is nothing new. I like giving home-made things to people, but it seems my OH's family doesn't really appreciate that and I am not going to see my family this year so I let OH decide on what to get his people and ease myself into preggo grinch mode, apart from baking some Christmas goodies.

I have noticed that on the few days I spend a lot of time on the couch, I have more pains (back pain, restless legs, headaches, etc) compared to the days I'm up and running (most days so far). To me it seems that the more busy I am, the less pains I have, so that is a good excuse to keep on doing the dishes etc and only spending a little time in front of the telly, at least the best I can come up with for me so far.

Started on the raspberry leaf tea today encouraged by the midwife at hospital visit, and am quite happy with the taste actually - after everything I read I expected it to be really yuck ;)

Hope the nausea has eased off scgirl and moonbeam, and hope the rest of yes is doing well today

i find ive always thrown money at the whole christmas pressie issue, no money now lol!

Def going to try and get it done next week in a few hours and hopefully ill be forgiven if i miss anyone out

quick question! consultants appt on thursday, does the oh come into the room with you or wait outside? Hes been away for all my other appts

he can come in with you:)

• Advertisement

Moonbeam wrote: »
    he can come in with you:)

great, thanks for that. :) think he'd be seriously unimpressed if i told him he couldnt

Advertisement