Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Dec 2012....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

Daddies are always alowed in hun dont worry, i brought my four year old with me today i know im so bold, but the nurses n all were brilliant with her she had a great time ;)

Babs is head down wohoooooooo ;)

Me on the other hand not so great, im back again tomorrow for the day clinic dam blood pressure ;(

Hope your all well girls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Irishrose1981 2nd- Born 19/11/12 Boy
    Sipe- 7th
    mapaco 10th
    Scrgirl 14th
    Rachineire 15th- Boy
    Mrs Patser 17th
    CeNedra 18th
    Funksoulsista 20th
    TeresaM- Dec 20th
    Xiwang 21st
    Piper101 27th
    Mel1 - 27th
    Jeni 28th
    Moonbeam 29th
    Princessa - 1st Jan (? early induction in Dec) - Surprise.

Hiya ladies-

was a lovely day, nice and sunny...I was much lazier today than i've been in a long time, sat in the kitchen and watched episodes of Fraiser on the laptop :)
    I can't sleep very well at all, and in between bathroom trips and an aching tummy/aching back and waking to roll over I had awful nightmares all night...every time i fell back asleep i went right back into the nightmare! And I'm pregnant in all of my dreams these days! Going to try and go to sleep early tonight, maybe get a few more hours inbetween waking up all those times!

Best of luck with your appointment tomorrow piper, hope your OH gets to hear the baby's heartbeat and all that fun stuff :D
    i have my next appointment on monday...I'm going to be very bold and ask for a sweep, wonder what my chances of getting one are?

huzzah for baby being head down Jeni!! Hopefully baby stays in the right position for you!

this is the first christmas that i can't think of a single thing i want for myself. My family keeps asking me what things I want from back home for christmas and I just keep telling them to being me certain cleaning products and grocery stuff that you cant get here! Would love if someone took care of my NCT for me for christmas haha!!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Irishrose1981 2nd- Born 19/11/12 Boy
    Sipe- 7th
    mapaco 10th
    Scrgirl 14th
    Rachineire 15th- Boy
    Mrs Patser 17th
    CeNedra 18th
    TeresaM- Dec 20th
    Xiwang 21st
    Funksoulsista 21st
    Piper101 27th
    Mel1 - 27th
    Jeni 28th
    Moonbeam 29th
    Princessa - 1st Jan (? early induction in Dec) - Surprise.

Just amended my date to 21st as that is what the hospital gave me, think the 20th was my docs edd. Joining you xiwang!!

Anyone doing the perineal massage?! Thats a bit mental but if it works I'll give it a go, eh just gearing myself up for it! I bet the statistics for Irish women doing the massage are low, sure tis very unholy to be sure to be sure ha ha!!

• Advertisement

Just amended my date to 21st as that is what the hospital gave me, think the 20th was my docs edd. Joining you xiwang!!

Anyone doing the perineal massage?! Thats a bit mental but if it works I'll give it a go, eh just gearing myself up for it! I bet the statistics for Irish women doing the massage are low, sure tis very unholy to be sure to be sure ha ha!!

Ive wanted to try it but I keep forgetting, get lazy about it. Also its super hard for me to reach down there...not sure how effective it will be but I hear it really helps cut down on the "stinging" of the head coming through! I guess its now or never to start haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

hah!! Dirty stuff!! Its bloody impossible and really hard to get in there! i tried a few times but kinda gave up. And its fairly painful too.

Rach are you going for acupuncture or reflexology? seems they can bring labour on I'm attaching a paper on natural induction you might find useful

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

We all well today? I fell asleep on couch this afternoon and had a teacher ring me to ask why kids were still in school half an hour late. Thank god for after-school!

So whats a sweep then?

Is it like induction?

haha mel thats too funny! I'm glad they have after school programs so your kids weren't too bored! :p

scrgirl thanks so much for the article! i'm going to read through it right now...i had heard a few bits about reflexology and acupuncture alright but havn't looked into it! Are you going to try any of these? Are you going to be trying any methods before your due date? i was planning on trying some stuff after this week, like long walks, and hot curries and all that fun stuff!

the sweep...they strip your membranes as far as i know. If your favorable for a sweep it can really kick start your labour. People seem to be pretty split on whether they are good or not but I will ask the consultant and see what they say about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭TeresaM

Piper101 wrote: »
    quick question! consultants appt on thursday, does the oh come into the room with you or wait outside? Hes been away for all my other appts

Any appt my OH has been home for he has always come in with me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

yeeha FunkSoulSista, good to have you as a edd buddy :p

It's the official end of the world as well, it's a great date for a birthday!

Re the massage, I am trying, I find it really hard, I psyche myself up to doing it about every second day, can't manage every day because it is just so weird, and hard to reach ... We were told in the ante-natal classes to use our thumbs and I find that absolutely impossible, I just about manage with the index fingers. I try to do ten minutes every second evening but sometimes stop after seven. So much conflicting information about it as to how much and how often and how long about there as well, and you just don't know if you are actually doing it right ...

I think I will try everything if baby is going over by a week, but for now I'm trying raspberry leaf tea and a bit of bouncing on the ball!! oh and my midwife reckons walking up and down stairs sideways can open up the pelvis!

Oh no girls, sitting here trying to read all your posts and I've got bloody blind spots and colours!" I can't see half the computer screen. I can also feel my head getting sore. I've had this once before, early in this pregnancy! Its the begining of a migrane!! its awful.... like a shimmering colour band that I can't see past on the left hand side... better close laptop for while I guess... :(:(

Hope i dont get any worse... can't remember if I actually got a migrance last time, it was months ago!

scrgirl wrote: »
    I think I will try everything if baby is going over by a week, but for now I'm trying raspberry leaf tea and a bit of bouncing on the ball!! oh and my midwife reckons walking up and down stairs sideways can open up the pelvis!

Thats interesting about the stairs....I have to walk up them a few times a day anyways, might as well walk up them sideways haha!

hmmm I must give this massage thing a try...I'm curious to how hard it will be to reach there! bending over is nearly impossible at this point...last night I had to get my OH to paint my toenails lol!

I really hope you don't get a migraine teresa...I've never had one but I cant even handle a pounding headache! Feel better!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭CeNedra

Is anybody else finding Braxton Hicks really hard? Night before last I was getting them constantly between 3am till about 7 or so and then they stopped. This evening, they are just killing me again. Seems like a lot of work for nothing so far. I can't remember them being this bad on my previous 2 .....

TeresaM wrote: »
    Oh no girls, sitting here trying to read all your posts and I've got bloody blind spots and colours!" I can't see half the computer screen. I can also feel my head getting sore. I've had this once before, early in this pregnancy! Its the begining of a migrane!! its awful.... like a shimmering colour band that I can't see past on the left hand side... better close laptop for while I guess... :(:(

Hope i dont get any worse... can't remember if I actually got a migrance last time, it was months ago!
    Teresa dont want to alarm you but you should call the hosp, if you have any swelling or a pain in your head with seeing spots it can be a sign of pre eclampsia, I was in last week with suspected due to swelling of feet and high bp it wanst thank god, but no harm talking to the midwife to let her know...

Teresa look after yourself, definitely get off the computer at least.

I've had no braxton hicks yet, wish I had so would be an indicator of things moving along.

Yes the end of the world on 21st xiwang, its hilarious isn't it, might get the song by REM playing if I go into labour on the day ha ha!

Here's a link to a video about perineal massage, shows positions to be in, its not graphic don't worry!

hah!! Dirty stuff!! Its bloody impossible and really hard to get in there! i tried a few times but kinda gave up. And its fairly painful too.

Rach are you going for acupuncture or reflexology? seems they can bring labour on I'm attaching a paper on natural induction you might find useful

Interesting read, thanks scrgirl!

Teresa dont want to alarm you but you should call the hosp, if you have any swelling or a pain in your head with seeing spots it can be a sign of pre eclampsia, I was in last week with suspected due to swelling of feet and high bp it wanst thank god, but no harm talking to the midwife to let her know...

was my first tought too. better safe than sorry.

Doc told me today hun to ring hospital if this happens to me, could be a sign of high blood pressure

• Advertisement

Got a really bad braxton pain when i was leaving the hospital today, if it had of happened again i would of rang other half thinking babs was comin ;)

Am sooo excira i just can not wait for babs to be here, im sooo impatient i was standing behind the door when god was giving out patients ;)

Lol sitting in car and my poor four year old shows me a stretch mark she got on her finger ;) i told her its just were you sat on it n she was all noooo mammy its same mark as yours ;)

lol jeni isn't she cute!

FunkSoulSista, thanks for the video, I'm sure I'm built wrong but there is no chance of my thumbs going that far, although I haven't tried the chair with the leg up yet. Also a bit apprehensive re the squatting position, they said in our ante-natal classes not to squat after 36 weeks and I do a fair bit of squatting to feed the cats and put on washes (and I am thinking of going on the rowing machine but not sure if that is going to happen anymore at this stage), so don't want to really introduce another squatting thing. Ante-natal people said to do it sitting on the toilet, which I find even harder to reach. Sitting on the floor on a pillow against the wall currently works best for me.

haha yeah im the same as you xiwang...I just dont think im built that way...I tried one leg up on a chair last night, maybe i have short arms or something? or the bump is just that big! there was no way I was going to get the reach i needed, and definitely not for 5 minutes! sigh....

I didnt know about not squatting after 36 weeks? :eek: why is that? I do a fair amount of squatting as there is no way i actually bend with this bump!

Lots of pressure and sharp pain everytime i stand up and walk today. I think this will be a good day to get reacquainted with my couch!

it was the physio woman in the ante-natal class that mentioned the not squatting, seems to be a combination of making sure you don't overstretch the ligaments in your legs before you need them during labour, and also apparently it can bring on labour early.

I asked her and she said if it's not for long periods or very repetitive it's ok, as in doing it to pick things up rather then bending, just not to do it in an exercise type of way - but 5 to 10 minutes at a time sound like a long period to me, given how difficult the 2 minutes of feeding the cats can be!

Hi ladies.... Thanks for all the posts! I am def gonna go down to doc today and get bp checked! I took two paracetamol last night and went to bed! I did take two more again this morning and head is still not just quite right! It's dull and heavy and a bit fuzzy at times! I am hoping that it isn't high bp!! But I guess I'll see later... Will let yous all know what they say tho :-).
    God my laptop won't turn on today!!! :eek: a friend of mine fixes laptops so he'll hopefully fix it for me but of course he's fishing at min and won't be home till weekend! No harm I suppose! Thank god for iPhones tho ;-)
    I'm still in my jammies!!! Yikes... Drove my son to school in them again today lol... Becoming quite a habit that!! Lol... Thank god my lovely husband will be home in a week!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Is it time for bed yet?
    Is there a magic dishwasher fairy to fill and empty my dishwasher? I just can not manage it.
    Went out for a lovely dinner with friends last night, they came all the way out to where I live:)

Hi ladies.... Thanks for all the posts! I am def gonna go down to doc today and get bp checked! I took two paracetamol last night and went to bed! I did take two more again this morning and head is still not just quite right! It's dull and heavy and a bit fuzzy at times! I am hoping that it isn't high bp!! But I guess I'll see later... Will let yous all know what they say tho :-).
    God my laptop won't turn on today!!! :eek: a friend of mine fixes laptops so he'll hopefully fix it for me but of course he's fishing at min and won't be home till weekend! No harm I suppose! Thank god for iPhones tho ;-)
    I'm still in my jammies!!! Yikes... Drove my son to school in them again today lol... Becoming quite a habit that!! Lol... Thank god my lovely husband will be home in a week!!

I almost live in my PJ.s. I always go school in them, and if im not going anywhere i stay in them.
    Im lucky though that my ladies are old enough to go in by themselves.
    However i would never get out of car in them, if my friends come over and look in im not bothered, im big, pregnant and proud so i can get away with it.
    Seen a woman in tesco other night in pjs and night gown, sorry but all i could think was "disgracefull" nope thats not for me at all. be ashemed of my life!
    Best of luck with the BP i really hope its normal, pre- eclampisa is no fun!

Moonbeam, the dishwasher fairy is called your OH, well mine anyway, if your lucky enought to have him around, if not its called "feck it, itll still be there tomorrow!

today is definately a pj day! I got some owl pj bottoms from penneys and they are the most comfortable thing ever! I will ignore the fact that I had to buy the biggest size they had so they would fit comfy on my bump :mad::mad:
    but when i'm at home i dont bother with even maternity pants at this point, its either leggings or pjs haha! My mom called me and told me she got me some yoga style pants to wear for after the baby that look nice enough to wear out and about (like to the grocery store ect.) we will have to see about that- i can't stand when I see people doing their weekly shop in their pjs! how hard is it to put on at the very least pants??

The worst was when I was working in the petrol station and some people would come in wearing full bed time attire (at like 2pm), robe, slippers etc. and have a face covered in make up and the hair done to the nines....why bother?!? The running joke was that we knew when penney's had a new shipment of pj's in because they would all have a new wardrobe! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If we did not have school runs I would not get dressed either:)
    I was lucky that leaving hospital on my 1st that I could put my normal jeans on, a friend gave me a nice pair a size bigger then I am so hopefully I can wear them home this time or prb jsut my maternity jeans!!
    I love "easy" clothes at the moment ,I would not have warn leggings 4 years ago but living in them now:) jeans were great for work and early pregnancy but the idea of jeans now is effort.
    I am terrible!!!

Every time one of my girls makes a loud noise bump jumps!

• Advertisement

Speaking of what to wear home from the hosp, I havent a clue what to pack, will I fit my old clothes? I suppose leggins and a long top is a safe bet... was hoping to fit into my jeans but that is wishful thinking! I just know I wont want to wear any of my maternity clothes thats for sure..
    Hope the bp is ok today Theresa..

Advertisement