Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Dec 2012....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Moonbeam wrote: »
    If we did not have school runs I would not get dressed either:)
    I was lucky that leaving hospital on my 1st that I could put my normal jeans on, a friend gave me a nice pair a size bigger then I am so hopefully I can wear them home this time or prb jsut my maternity jeans!!
    I love "easy" clothes at the moment ,I would not have warn leggings 4 years ago but living in them now:) jeans were great for work and early pregnancy but the idea of jeans now is effort.
    I am terrible!!!

Every time one of my girls makes a loud noise bump jumps!

haha thats really cute moonbeam!

I am going to assume that my normal clothes will not fit for at least the first month. I am planning on wearing leggings and a dress and all comfy clothes!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

Im still wearing my old jeans i think its cause i lost weight and all the talking to god im doing

In hosp again today, they cant decide if my bp is ok so ive to keep all my pee in a jug they gave me for 24 hours (tmi) n then go back to them tomorrow with it, then im back in again on friday, i was ready to kill or seriously mame someone lol i have to keep telling my self nearly there ;)

jeni wrote: »
    Im still wearing my old jeans i think its cause i lost weight and all the talking to god im doing

In hosp again today, they cant decide if my bp is ok so ive to keep all my pee in a jug they gave me for 24 hours (tmi) n then go back to them tomorrow with it, then im back in again on friday, i was ready to kill or seriously mame someone lol i have to keep telling my self nearly there ;)

haha I bow down to you! My old jeans are tucked away in a spare closet right now waiting to see the light of day again....whenever that may be.

Hope everything is ok with your BP! (and that you aren't stuck waiting eons in the maternity!)

I can't sleep well at all these days...the bump is just too awkward...and if one more person tells me to sleep now cause i'll never sleep again I might hurt them :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

I might have the odd pair of jeans that I still theoretically *fit* in, whether or not I would ever get out of them again is another question altogether :D

I am still changing from pj to leggins and a dress or long jumper (they still fit, although obviously a bit higher up now) in the mornings, but that is mainly because I have taken to wearing the long nightdresses and it is too cold in them during the day :p

The thought of wearing maternity jeans now is really not appealing, I don't feel I need any support on the bump either (maybe again when it drops?), but I invested in five pairs of nice warm leggins for the price of one real maternity item and am convinced that is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

I'm refusing to get involved in the discussion re clothes fitting :eek: will more than likely be wearing my maternity gear not only home from the hospital but for the foreseeable future :(

Had my appt today!! baby is measuring 6 lbs 5 oz (estimate) and everything looks perfectly normal. Babys head isnt engaged yet although she is head down and has been since 20 weeks. Couldn't make out much on the ultrasound as there isnt much room left in there.

Only bad point was when the oh decided to tell both midwife and consultant that I was tired and doing too many hours in work. :mad: really bothered me as I know my own limitations and am fully prepared to take time off/go home early if I need to....end up with a severe tongue lashing with the consultant saying that I'm full term next week and did I really want to be going from work to the hospital. I'm 31 not 13 thanks!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

Piper101 wrote: »
    I'm refusing to get involved in the discussion re clothes fitting :eek: will more than likely be wearing my maternity gear not only home from the hospital but for the foreseeable future :(

Had my appt today!! baby is measuring 6 lbs 5 oz (estimate) and everything looks perfectly normal. Babys head isnt engaged yet although she is head down and has been since 20 weeks. Couldn't make out much on the ultrasound as there isnt much room left in there.

Only bad point was when the oh decided to tell both midwife and consultant that I was tired and doing too many hours in work. :mad: really bothered me as I know my own limitations and am fully prepared to take time off/go home early if I need to....end up with a severe tongue lashing with the consultant saying that I'm full term next week and did I really want to be going from work to the hospital. I'm 31 not 13 thanks!!!

My midwife told me today she believes we should only work till 36 weeks, I'm finishing tomorrow at 38 weeks and really struggled with the last two. Feet swelled up got v tierd etc. wish I had arranged to go earlier with hindsight. But it's all ok I'm finished work for at least 9 months tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait!!
    At appointment today baby is head down and engaged! Looks like it will be around 8lb she said!
    Lots if cramps tonight. Can feel that pressure down low I've heard others mention. Exciting times ahead! Hope ye are all doing well girls.

I know how you feel- I think its a good thing to keep busy right up until the end...keeping active and on your feet i think will make recovery much easier! I keep having people tell me that i''m doing too much and ect...but im resting when im tired...why sit around restless and bored the rest of the time?

scrgirl wrote: »
    My midwife told me today she believes we should only work till 36 weeks, I'm finishing tomorrow at 38 weeks and really struggled with the last two. Feet swelled up got v tierd etc. wish I had arranged to go earlier with hindsight. But it's all ok I'm finished work for at least 9 months tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait!!
    At appointment today baby is head down and engaged! Looks like it will be around 8lb she said!
    Lots if cramps tonight. Can feel that pressure down low I've heard others mention. Exciting times ahead! Hope ye are all doing well girls.

yayyy!!! congrats on your last day tomorrow- i felt such a sense of relief/accomplishment after i was done! and huzzah for baby being engaged! you and i are due right after one another, wonder who will go first or if we will have babies right around the same time? :D

My feet/ankles have been really swollen lately...kinda made me paranoid the other night that maybe something was wrong but i think its just that im 38 weeks pregnant haha! baby has been a lot more active the last couple of days than hes been in a couple weeks....and lots of pressure and lightening like pains....wondering whats the story going to be on monday...I have no patience!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I need to sleep alot:(
    So tired and frustrated.
    The girls are being very good but everything is a struggle for me.
    36 weeks tomorrow,so hopefully not long to go as I can not take another month of it.

a good friend had her kid in Germany and you go on maternity leave there 8 weeks before your due date - you can arrange with your employer to stay in work longer if you want to though. I took a week early because many people advised me to and the thought of having to work full time all this week just isn't right. I mean, it is possible, but taking some time for yourself (whether you keep busy or run around) just makes much more sense.

Moonbeam weeks 33 to 35 were worst for me, it got a lot better again as soon as I hit the 36 mark, no idea why but I noticed that the other day.

Although tonight I woke up about 20 times in very bad pain, thinking each time, right, here we go, labour just started, panicking, and by the time I was proper awake the pain had gone. Not quite sure if they were nightmares or short contractions, feeling grand now (OH brought breakfast to bed for me and then I had another 1.5 hours sleep without interruptions, which was great).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

i have noticed also that im feeling better last 2 weeks, sleeping much better, dont seem to dream at all now thank god as it was the horrible vivid dreams that was wakeing me up all the time. Knock on wood it stays that way.

Im havin unreal problems gettin to see my own doc, the pratice i go to was owned be dr scully, if any of u remember the news a few months ago, her disabled child died and she tried to commit suicide and is now in mental hosp. It was a big story at time with some real bad roumors. since then 3 doctors thet i have been seeing have left and its closed other days or there is a doc there which i just wont go go cause her english is rubbish. so not seeing anyone at all now only going to hosp app every second week. Do any of your doctors do an internal exam when ye visit?

No I didn't have a single internal exam on a regular visit, neither from hospital nor general doc.

The only things that seems to be checked are blood pressure, urin and they measure the belly, every now and then someone takes blood but no internal exams at all. GP checks my ankles for swelling and checks my weight, these things are not done when I go to hospital, but as long as they check it when you go to the hospital I don't see a reason why you should bother with random GPs now all the time.

It is a nasty situation if you don't feel happy with your doctor, be it because they are hard to understand or for whatever reason, just hope you find a new/good/nice one who can speak English well enough for when baba is here.

Ah girls thanks, you are giving us summit to lookforward to ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Internals are only done in Ireland if you are over due or have compications.
    I had my last appointment about a month ago and have another next week which will hopefully be my last,have not been to the gp in ages but I suppose I should go.

Ah I've had such a stress filled day and I'm trying to get my last bits done this weekend like a big shop and oil changed in the car before ntc next week and nothing is going my way. I cried for about an hour earlier out of sheer frustration. Feeling tons of pressure as well and not feeling like baby will wait much longer. Gah can't wait to go home and eat dinner and crawl into bed. :(

Rachineire wrote: »
    Ah I've had such a stress filled day and I'm trying to get my last bits done this weekend like a big shop and oil changed in the car before ntc next week and nothing is going my way. I cried for about an hour earlier out of sheer frustration. Feeling tons of pressure as well and not feeling like baby will wait much longer. Gah can't wait to go home and eat dinner and crawl into bed. :(
    Hope you are feeling better rachineire, have your feet up and are being looked after. Funny old emotions eh. I was like a bear this morning and in a funny mood this evening too. It's a roller coaster all right but only a matter of days for us really! Then the real hard work starts!! Eerkkkk!

we are all so quiet this weekend! I think everyone is busy busy busy running around!

after a stress filled friday and saturday morning (seriously i am not able for the general public anymore!) I'm finally "done" with my list that i had of things i wanted to make sure I had done before baby got here. Now I feel like i can relax and potter around the house and rest....much calmer now!

I also feel different, not sure how but just do! Been so uncomfortable these last couple of days...tons and tons of pressure and sharp pain down there, but nothing else! My bump has dropped even more though...all promising signs!

How is everyone else? Doing christmas shopping?

Hope you are feeling better rachineire, have your feet up and are being looked after. Funny old emotions eh. I was like a bear this morning and in a funny mood this evening too. It's a roller coaster all right but only a matter of days for us really! Then the real hard work starts!! Eerkkkk!

Thanks! yeah im not used to the emotions and how strong they can be!! I'm not normally a crier but man i bawled a couple of times yesterday...my OH is doing a good job looking after me though :)

we are both under two weeks left....scarey but exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Rachineire wrote: »
    we are all so quiet this weekend! I think everyone is busy busy busy running around!

after a stress filled friday and saturday morning (seriously i am not able for the general public anymore!) I'm finally "done" with my list that i had of things i wanted to make sure I had done before baby got here. Now I feel like i can relax and potter around the house and rest....much calmer now!

I also feel different, not sure how but just do! Been so uncomfortable these last couple of days...tons and tons of pressure and sharp pain down there, but nothing else! My bump has dropped even more though...all promising signs!

How is everyone else? Doing christmas shopping?

Oh my god I was in Blanch yesterday to go to the cinema and it was completely mobbed!! Its like everyone realises its December and start panicking! Luckily I'm done with my xmas shopping, amazon etc are my friends!!

Anyone planning on freezing some meals for easy access when the babs arrives, any suggestions?

Downloaded a contraction timer app, might be a distraction for me whenever things get going!

How is everyone feeling? Not too long now ladies!!!

I got a few bits in the freezer, OH loves cooking up big batches and now unfortunately the freezer is full to the max, would love to put more in to have high quality 'ready meals', what I have in there is chili con carne, home-made protein bars, beef stew and two slices of carrot cake, and then the standard freezer stuff like bread, Ben&Jerry's, frozen veg and loads and loads of raspberries and apple puree from what our garden had to offer this year.

OH went to Dublin yesterday and I just refused, I find people doing their Christmas shopping unbearable even when not pregnant, the thought of having to deal with that now was just not for me. Had the longest sleep ever today and now my hips are in bits!

• Advertisement

Worst night sleep (or lack of should I say) todate. Diarrhea nausea and super sore cramps all night. I wonder are these early signs? Still have all the above symptoms. Feel yeuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

Worst night sleep (or lack of should I say) todate. Diarrhea nausea and super sore cramps all night. I wonder are these early signs? Still have all the above symptoms. Feel yeuk.

Think there a bug going round. I feel same. I been cramping at night in bed last two days.

OH says im a walking hormone. Started blubbering like a baby to a fureys song yesterday.

Have i missed TeresaM since her last post about her spotty eyes. Hope everything OK for her. Maybe i just missed a post.

xiwang wrote: »
    I got a few bits in the freezer, OH loves cooking up big batches and now unfortunately the freezer is full to the max, would love to put more in to have high quality 'ready meals', what I have in there is chili con carne, home-made protein bars, beef stew and two slices of carrot cake, and then the standard freezer stuff like bread, Ben&Jerry's, frozen veg and loads and loads of raspberries and apple puree from what our garden had to offer this year.

OH went to Dublin yesterday and I just refused, I find people doing their Christmas shopping unbearable even when not pregnant, the thought of having to deal with that now was just not for me. Had the longest sleep ever today and now my hips are in bits!

Your hubster is more than welcome into my kitchen hun any time, my freezer has chips ect lol

There is a bug going girls becareful girls, but then again im a walking ailment myself lol im afraid to tell the hubster now when summits up (i still tell him)

I was eating dinner the other night n i bit my lip and put my hand up to my lip and winced, my four year old looks up n says "what now mammy" that will tell yas how bad i am ;)

Nearly there girls we can do this
    the second babs is in your arms the puke, piles, pee ect is all forgotten n then we have a perfect bundle of joy with puke pee poo ect ;)

I know diarrhea can be an early sign of impending labour! keep an eye on it, could be the start of something! :)

I've made a few things and have frozen them....I made a ton of banana walnut bread, pumpkin bread (sweet not savory!), some veg soup as well. our freezer is jam packed now! I was planning on making some bolegnese sauce since we eat a lot of spaghetti but there is no room...maybe if we have some room before baby comes. I figure i can pull stuff out of the freezer and leave it to thaw during the day and we can pick at it when we want it!
    I know in the states people bringing over hot meals is the done thing after a baby is born...is it the same here? I've brought over meals to friends before but never asked if anyone else would do the same!

I'm so happy to not leave the house again for a while. Ive left everything else in my OH's hands. I'm just too sore and tired and I just want it all over with now! really looking forward to my hospital visit in the morning cause im hoping I will hear some good news about something...lol maybe i shouldnt get my hopes up! I had a dream last night that the baby turned breech and i had to get a c-section.

I had coffee with a friend friday and she was absolutely shocked to see me driving still...she was like isn't that too dangerous to be driving when your so big (:rolleyes:)...I asked her who else would drive? and sure what do women with other children do...no rules to that kind of stuff when it comes to pregnancy...just gotta do what you gotta do!

It's defo not labour anyway. A nasty stomach bug. Could do without this at this stage!! Very unpleasant :(

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

scrgirl watch that, i've heard that there is a nasty tummy bug going around. Make sure you get plenty of fluids. Rachineire I dont know if its the same in the u.s. but flat 7up cures all ailments here :rolleyes:

well i had quite an eventful day yesterday...was in a restaurant with my family, used the toilet and went back and sat down at the table and finished my meal. When i stood up to go noticed that the seat was wet, there wasnt pool of water or anything but it was definite wetness and my leggings were wet too :eek:

My sis was there as well and she brought me to Boots and i bought pads which I wore home but the pad stayed bone dry. Didnt want to ring hospital but she convinced me and ended up in for a couple of hours on a trace. Urine test showed up protein which is indicative of amniotic fluid (bp was normal so no worry of pre-e) but amniosure test came up negative for amniotic fluid. Am left wondering if I had a leak only the test isnt foolproof/had washed it away or whether i wet myself :eek:

Anyway was sent home with instructions to monitor myself, wear a pad and watch out for flu like symptoms. On the plus side, the babys head, which wasnt engaged on thurs, is now engaged and my bump has definitely dropped :D

scrgirl watch that, i've heard that there is a nasty tummy bug going around. Make sure you get plenty of fluids. Rachineire I dont know if its the same in the u.s. but flat 7up cures all ailments here :rolleyes:

well i had quite an eventful day yesterday...was in a restaurant with my family, used the toilet and went back and sat down at the table and finished my meal. When i stood up to go noticed that the seat was wet, there wasnt pool of water or anything but it was definite wetness and my leggings were wet too :eek:

My sis was there as well and she brought me to Boots and i bought pads which I wore home but the pad stayed bone dry. Didnt want to ring hospital but she convinced me and ended up in for a couple of hours on a trace. Urine test showed up protein which is indicative of amniotic fluid (bp was normal so no worry of pre-e) but amniosure test came up negative for amniotic fluid. Am left wondering if I had a leak only the test isnt foolproof/had washed it away or whether i wet myself :eek:

Anyway was sent home with instructions to monitor myself, wear a pad and watch out for flu like symptoms. On the plus side, the babys head, which wasnt engaged on thurs, is now engaged and my bump has definitely dropped :D

Thanks piper. Funny I sent oh for 7up first thing! Didn't work. I'm sticking to water. I had some of those chicken noodles u get in Chinese supermarkets and they really do help. That and cream crackers.

Wow that does sound eventful. So are your waters gone? How many weeks are u? You will be watching every twinge like a hawk now!

Wowzer, why wtach out for flu like symthoms ???

Oh wow piper....exciting/scary stuff there....I would be on high alert alright if I were you! Well they say flu like symptoms can be the start of labour...which is why I was thinking that about scrgirl! Unfortunately you seem to have a tummy bug...poor thing! And in the states ginger ale is our cure all...its a little different to the ginger ale here and much much nicer!

I'm so impatient and fed up with being uncomfortable. I see pictures of babies and see babies on tv and think everyone else in the world has had theirs except me. Just found out another Friend is expecting in June...first thing I thought was she'll have this baby before I have mine...LOL. patience was never my strong suit.

• Advertisement

yes its official, confirmed at my appointment today, this baby is never leaving from inside of me.

Hes free floating. but still head down. So that means no hope of an induction date. no sneaky sweeps. nada.

I'm scheduled to come back in two days past my due date. and he told me that unless something drastic happens my tentative induction if i need one will be the 25th of December. :(

I also got yelled at for not taking the iron. and they took more blood and blew out another vein. So im going to eat some roses and lie in bed....serious case of the Mondays here. :(

Advertisement