Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Dec 2012....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

aw Rachineire sorry to hear it went so bad, I know how much you wanted to have a set date to not worry about how to get to hospital etc. Can't believe he yelled at you. In the hospital I am I don't get the impression any of the public staff would even have the breath left to yell at anybody, but then again they all seem to be in their 20ies having a tough time taking in all the information on the chart or finding the measuring tape.

Woke up with a sore thoat today, read the other posts, panicked a little bit, drank some camomille tea, went back to bed and only got up at 12:30 or so then, throat is grand again, now I'm just back from a walk and sitting down with a steaming mug of raspberry leaf tea :p

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Was told to watch out for flu like symptoms in case the waters are compromised. I suppose the infection must show up like that, not sure!

Rachineire oh god! There's no way they'll induce you on Christmas Day surely??? I heard they tried to have everyone out by then if possible and schedule everything for the week before and after? Don't mind him he's prob trying the frighten the baby out of you!

Feel fantastic myself (sry scrgirl), I'm in work and a few minutes ago decided to take the stairs up to the loo instead of the lift, beat 2 lads who got the lift!!! Although feel fantastic now but this morning pulled a strop with the oh cause I had to ask him to help me on with my tights (Jaysus god love them with the hormones)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Piper101 wrote: »
    Was told to watch out for flu like symptoms in case the waters are compromised. I suppose the infection must show up like that, not sure!

Rachineire oh god! There's no way they'll induce you on Christmas Day surely??? I heard they tried to have everyone out by then if possible and schedule everything for the week before and after? Don't mind him he's prob trying the frighten the baby out of you!

Feel fantastic myself (sry scrgirl), I'm in work and a few minutes ago decided to take the stairs up to the loo instead of the lift, beat 2 lads who got the lift!!! Although feel fantastic now but this morning pulled a strop with the oh cause I had to ask him to help me on with my tights (Jaysus god love them with the hormones)

piper, i know this is a weird question...but when you leaked the other day, did you happen to notice if it smelled sweet? they say the amniotic fluid has a sweet smell to it! I hope that everything is ok with you! and your still working!! :eek: When do you finish up?

I hope hes trying to scare the baby out of me...but i saw him write down the 25th in my chart. :( seriously going to be trying every get out technique i can find (minus the castor oil) Going to drink some raspberry tea this afternoon and have a little ball time! I have to stay in the hospital for at least two days after baby is born and i really wanted to have had a few days at home before my mom gets here (on the 27th) and I wanted to meet her at the airport and SIGH. i guess i just have to leave it up to the baby!

Oh yes the hormones....I feel bad for my OH sometimes but then again, hes not the one pregnant! :D

Don't finish up until the 13th but they're so laid back that if I didn't feel up to coming in I don't think there would be much hassle.

Don't know if it smelled sweet to be honest, I don't think so, it was prob wee :(

Have you tried walking? Like I said the baby's head wasn't engaged on thurs but was engaged by Saturday evening, the only thing I can think of was the walk around town I went on. I was in bits and taking tiny steps but was walking for an hour plus from Stephens green to the gpo and back and around town a bit. I could see the difference in my bump by the end of the day!

Had to buy a new washing machine today, feckin typical 3 weeks to Christmas and a new baby and it breaks down (still working but only just and leaving clothes soaking and not 100% clean). Couldn't bring a new baby home to an apt with no washing machine, think I would've made do until jan otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

oh dear, i was told to take the iron also and didn't cause i just cant face worse constipation than i already have, and they make me feel extra sick. Don't want a screaming match at next app so i may take some i guess.

Patience Rach, when the apples ripe and all that. I know its so hard. And just tell them u wont go in on 25th they cant force you. Were big girls now.

Typical of the wash machine Piper. Although theres never a good time for it is there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

Lol must be summit in the air, my hubster is afraid to look at me incase i jump down his neck, poor bloke feel sorry for him a bit not much like ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭TeresaM

Hi everyone, sorry I've been missing in action.. My computer decided that it wasn't going to switch on for me!!! I am going to give it to a friend to fix it up a bit hopefully tonight! Will have to see tho as the bug is going around their house. So if I do take it up I will just drop it outside the door and run.. LOLLL.....
    I did get to the drs the following day and thankfully all was fine... bp is grand and urine sample was clear! phew... just a nasty migrane, the headache didn't clear till lunchtime the next day. but none since so all is good...
    I see it was kinda quiet on here at the weekend!

Rach, gosh sorry to hear your appt went badly :( I have also not been taking my iron :o very bold of me I know, to be honest, I just can never remember to take it!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes: I know I should be more on the ball tho.. I was told to take pregnycare because I am anemic.

scrgirl, how are you feeling now? much better hopefully!!

Piper101, wow, you are on the lookout then girly.. hope all continues to go well for you!

I find I am just really really tired these days. Its rough! My hubby is coming home on thursday and he has got the flu!!! and by the sounds of it, maybe a touch of a tummy bug at the minute! I am due to go to Dublin on thurs till fridayy... maybe its a good thing as he has an extra day to recover before we see each other. Gosh I am a bit nervous with all these bugs going around and being so close to the end. Just dunno how we'd cope with a horrible bugs at this stage girls!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Teresa I'm glad you are okay!

Rach, sorry to hear no signs of things moving along, I imagine it could be the same for a lot of us unfortunately. We'll just have to give out to our babs' whenever they do decide to arrive for being late home eh!!

PS On the iron front, a friend of mind didnt take hers and ended up getting a blood transfusion after her baby was born. I'd rather take constipation over that personally! I think the liquidised version is easier on the tummy?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Not everyone needs to take Iron only those that are low in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

Much better now Teresa thanks, glad to hear you got all clear from doc.
    Sorry about your hosp visit rach, don't let it dishearten you baby could drop anyday try to stay positive.

Moonbeam wrote: »

Yeah ive asked both hospital doc and gp should i take them n im always told no iron in my blood is grand

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

Moonbeam wrote: »

My blood tests were low in iron, so supposed to. Jasus i have that many pills to take every day i might as well open a pharmacy. Iron is only the latest addition. Feel very guilty about all the crap i have to take.

Anyone else got a horrid grinding like bone on bone downstairs, have cramps every day and night now. Hosp app tomorrow 37 weeks. Anxious about the blood tests taken last time.

Good to see ya back TeresaM, was gettin concerned when you dissappeared for so long.

3/4 more weeks oh god! Bag finally packed. have 2 bags now and feel a bit silly and its tight at that.

Anxious.com xxx

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I feel a lot better today:)
    For all of you suffering we have only a few weeks left and are nearly there.
    I have a hospital appt this evening:) It is only my 4rth and I am 36 +3.
    It will also be the 1st that my other half is in the country for:)

Hey ladies,

feeling a lot better today...got a few hours sleep last night. its amazing what 2 hours sleep versus none can do for your head!!

Thanks for all the sympathy and advice...I'm just ready and impatient and want to have baby here and really dont want to be stuck in for christmas! Funny thing is that we always said that we didn't want a christmas baby and the one fregging month we weren't trying is the month we fell pregnant! (I blame paddy's day!) and the chances of us looking like we will have a baby on christmas or christmas week is pretty likely! So i need to start saying that I never will win the lottery more and more!

Well i took the Iron last night....still made me feel sick. Its not just the constipation, I have a metallic taste in my mouth all day, bad heartburn and my nose bleeds. Woke up this morning and blew my nose...blood was back (along with the heartburn....sigh!) I'm going to try and keep at it for the next week or so and see how bad it gets....if its too horrible i will go to the pharmacy and see if i can get something a little easier on my system! Like moonbeam says, we are at the end so i know i won't be miserable for too long, but still :(

The bedding for the cot came today! I was so excited to put it in the cot bed....now all of his bits and bobs are here and set up! I will have to take some pictures of the nursery...I worked so hard on it and its definitely the best room in the house haha! I think i might be one of those mammies that has her kids dressed better than herself :o

So girls, a bit of excitement, I think i am having the "show"! Browny discharge???..... I'll keep ye posted!

scrgirl wrote: »
    So girls, a bit of excitement, I think i am having the "show"! Browny discharge???..... I'll keep ye posted!

any pains? sorry for asking but was there much?

Exciting!!! fingers crossed for you :)

No pain at all, I imagine I will be like those women who have a show for at least a week!! My sister did. But at least its movement in the right direction. And volume is just every time I wipe and like the end of a period in panty liner (sorry TMI)

Yaayyyyy!!! never thought id be excited about brown discharge lol

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭TeresaM

Wow.... Fingers crossed for you that it will happen soon honey!!! When is your due date again honey?? Very exciting times!!

My hubby leaves the boat tomorrow morning at 8am so will be on his way then. He won't be home till bout 2 on Thursday mind you.... And how typical, I'm due to go to Dublin for Thursday night! Be back Friday evening. Can NOT wait to see him ❤❤.
    How is everyone else this evening girlies???
    I started the Christmas decos!! Haven't fit far tho... No lights on tree or anything.. I got a friend to help me take out the trees!! Am on my phone so hopefully the picture uploaded!! ðŸ˜႒

• Advertisement

Piper101 wrote: »
    Yaayyyyy!!! never thought id be excited about brown discharge lol

haha I actually just said the same thing to my OH....thats exciting scrgirl!! keep us updated!

TeresaM wrote: »
    Wow.... Fingers crossed for you that it will happen soon honey!!! When is your due date again honey?? Very exciting times!!

My hubby leaves the boat tomorrow morning at 8am so will be on his way then. He won't be home till bout 2 on Thursday mind you.... And how typical, I'm due to go to Dublin for Thursday night! Be back Friday evening. Can NOT wait to see him ❤❤.
    How is everyone else this evening girlies???
    I started the Christmas decos!! Haven't fit far tho... No lights on tree or anything.. I got a friend to help me take out the trees!! Am on my phone so hopefully the picture uploaded!! ðŸ˜႒

Living room is gorgeous! Nice big tree as well- must show us another picture when its decorated!

You must be so excited waiting for him to get home! I know its a long time to wait without your hubby around, especially during the holidays and while pregnant! Only two more days to wait! :D

We picked up baby's christmas gift....an activity lamb from mothercare...fingers crossed we are home christmas morning with him so we can open it with him...while he sits there LOL :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi gals,

Due on Fri and nothing stirring.... Some dull lower back pain but no BH, no show, no anything... Suppose I should enjoy this calm while it lasts. :-) Just want to meet the babe. Dr said yest the baby is not 100% engaged so just to keep waiting... Oh the joy... No patience!

My OH is up the walls at work with a big project go live date over the next two weeks so he will be under pressure as soon as things happen. But he's waiting for a call if anything does happen!

Lucky you scrgirl. Hope it all happens for you soon.

Ah brillo, i was in labour the next day after my show on my first, so so jealous btw ;)

Tmi warning mine was like a big snot with blood in it twas bout size of a two euro coin but everyone is different

jeni wrote: »
    Ah brillo, i was in labour the next day after my show on my first, so so jealous btw ;)

Tmi warning mine was like a big snot with blood in it twas bout size of a two euro coin but everyone is different

Its only the brown discharge, no snot like euro coins yet!!! I'm in no rush yet to be honest, would like another week to get organised!!!! My sister was a week after hers so I'm hoping for the same. And dont you know I'll be probably sitting here in 2 weeks well over due feeling like an eegit!!

TeresaM - That is brilliant:)
    Scgril - oooh on my 1st it was less then 24 hours from show to baby:)

Had my hospital appt this evening.The midwife could not get proper measurments because m bump is rock hard.
    There were ketones and protein in my urine so that is gone off to the lab. Also swelling at the top of bump.
    She think all is well but wants a 2nd opinion.

Yay on the discharge ;)

Keep us updated if you can, so exciting!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

yay for discharge!! I have been getting more period-like pains but that's it, nothing else stirring.

Just realised my maternity leave should have started some time in mid-May! Turns out I accepted repeat work from a client who did not pay up. I could have sworn they paid before I accepted the new batch, but looking through all the company bank statements etc it seems they never paid the first invoice. I am so embarrased and upset over this, I felt bad enough about the one invoice I knew wasn't paid and I can't understand how I missed another one ... I mean I remember when they enquired that I told them I won't work on any of their orders until they pay, but how on earth did I end up doing it despite non-payment?

I almost hope I get some serious pain now to take my mind off this, and I just hope I didn't mess up even more with my baby brain in the last months.

How are we all today? All quiet here. Been shopping in dundrum and had a spicy Mexican after... Might have some effect :)
    Sorry to hear your business probs, xiwang maybe they will pay up just when u need it most... Silver linings?

• Advertisement

xiwang wrote: »
    yay for discharge!! I have been getting more period-like pains but that's it, nothing else stirring.

Just realised my maternity leave should have started some time in mid-May! Turns out I accepted repeat work from a client who did not pay up. I could have sworn they paid before I accepted the new batch, but looking through all the company bank statements etc it seems they never paid the first invoice. I am so embarrased and upset over this, I felt bad enough about the one invoice I knew wasn't paid and I can't understand how I missed another one ... I mean I remember when they enquired that I told them I won't work on any of their orders until they pay, but how on earth did I end up doing it despite non-payment?

I almost hope I get some serious pain now to take my mind off this, and I just hope I didn't mess up even more with my baby brain in the last months.

Awh poor you I feel for you! They must have noticed they were getting not charged...the cheek of them not saying it! You shouldn't be embarrassed one bit! Its hard to stay on top of everything when pregnant...I'm double booking myself all the time and losing things constantly! My brain is complete fuzz- how is one expected to remember all the details for each client! I hope they pay up for you!

Advertisement