Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Dec 2012....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

scrgirl wrote: »
    How are we all today? All quiet here. Been shopping in dundrum and had a spicy Mexican after... Might have some effect :)
    Sorry to hear your business probs, xiwang maybe they will pay up just when u need it most... Silver linings?

Nice! anymore movement towards labour? I was thinking about you today- you are due the day before me so it gives me hope haha!!

Been having coffee and chats with friends all day- it was a nice distraction! Baby has been moving tons today, really hurts sometimes! hes squished himself under my right rib which is new for him...I keep telling him he is going the wrong way!

Question....how involved is everyone's OH's family? Mine isn't really that involved. It kinda really bugs me, especially with mine being so far away. I get on well with them, it just seems like they are...disinterested. my in-laws have done nothing for the baby, not so much as bought a baby grow! they never call up and checks on me or my OH and they are just up the road! you would think with it being the first grandbaby and all they would be a little curious as to how we are doing, or if we need any help. but nothing.
    I brought over a moses basket to thier house a couple of weeks ago as we had an extra that was given to us by another friends mother and my MIL looked at it and asked me why in the world it was there? I said to her so the baby can use it....he is allowed to take naps here right?!? she said oh, yes ok! and then complained that there was no stand with it! So i told her I would buy one for her. :mad: I know they don't have a ton of money, but we aren't looking for anything off them....maybe a little support and some interest. I'm just worried that after the baby is born its going to be the same and I will be left all alone to my devices while my OH is at work all day. :( I said something to my OH about it tonight and he hadn't even realized and then got quite upset after i said it to him (not with me, with his parents) and he said to his mom that she needs to check up on me more. So she called me and asked me if I was feeling extra hormonal (not in a rude way, but like inqusitive?) (:confused:) and then said she would try and call up and see me on friday. Don't know how to feel about much of this.
    (ok I'll end my rant here!)

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Rachineire wrote: »

Question....how involved is everyone's OH's family?

Thoughts?

My OH's family are a blessing (although they are abroad). It's my family who are just odd.... It's the first grand child. My sister is completely ignoring the pregnancy, doesn't call, said to a friend she will only get excited when the baby arrives. My parents have never been good at expressing themselves so they keep very quiet about it all and phone once a week to ask for news. They live in the country and said they will call up when the baby arrives for a few hours. My OH's mum and sisters are flying over to help out (we get on so well so this is so appreciated). Wish my family were more interested / excited / involved.... We can't have it all I suppose....

Luckily I'm fairly optimistic and relaxed and not letting my family's behaviour annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

I can see why that would be upsetting Rach, are ye close in general, when your not expecting? I'm pretty close with my MIL but that sounds like my parents behavior. Mother told my girls if it was a boy she wanted nothing to do with it! I don't socialize with my parents at all.

Anyway had hosp app today, bloods came back normal. had more taken. Had scan finally, head down, not engaged. She asked if i wanted to know sex today i said no but I'm almost sure i saw a Little willy. mind you Ive no idea where to look so it could have been a finger for all i know!

I had no idea what a plug looked like and would probably have got a terrible fright if i wiped and saw brown blood and rushed straight to hosp so good to know.

Pregnancy brain is shocking xiwang, Ive have several invoices returned with wrong dates or prices on them lately, its quite embarrassing, hard for you to be down money, bad form.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

Thanks girls for your understanding, I really needed it, especially with OH being pissed off with me about it, too.

Rach, I am totally with you re in-laws, especially with your family so far away. My family is abroad, too, but at least in Europe. Maybe they keep all the presents for when baby is here and for Christmas, instead of giving it to you early. That is at least what I keep telling me about my OH's bunch.

They got really excited at the start, first grand-child and all, but once there were no more scans from hospital excitement died down. Now I get the odd text from MIL and to my very surprise they are coming down for a visit on Sunday (they live about 2 hours away from our house). Maybe they'll be all excited again when baby is here, who knows.

But then again, MIL has loads of time off just after Christmas and when I was in the first trimester she was like, oh I'll be down at yours and I can help you so much when baby is here, then informed me a few weeks ago that she actually booked a two-week holiday for the time instead.

Sipe wrote: »
    My OH's family are a blessing (although they are abroad). It's my family who are just odd.... It's the first grand child. My sister is completely ignoring the pregnancy, doesn't call, said to a friend she will only get excited when the baby arrives. My parents have never been good at expressing themselves so they keep very quiet about it all and phone once a week to ask for news. They live in the country and said they will call up when the baby arrives for a few hours. My OH's mum and sisters are flying over to help out (we get on so well so this is so appreciated). Wish my family were more interested / excited / involved.... We can't have it all I suppose....

Luckily I'm fairly optimistic and relaxed and not letting my family's behaviour annoy me.

I'm glad your OH's family are so supportive and will be there to help you out when baby is born...its a shame that your own family is so indifferent! Maybe after the baby is born they will change thier tune! Thats what i keep saying to myself about my OH's family, although who knows...i know i shouldnt get my hopes up and just take things as they come! I'm glad that your not letting your family get to you though! you are due in 4 days right???

• Advertisement

xiwang wrote: »
    Thanks girls for your understanding, I really needed it, especially with OH being pissed off with me about it, too.

Rach, I am totally with you re in-laws, especially with your family so far away. My family is abroad, too, but at least in Europe. Maybe they keep all the presents for when baby is here and for Christmas, instead of giving it to you early. That is at least what I keep telling me about my OH's bunch.

They got really excited at the start, first grand-child and all, but once there were no more scans from hospital excitement died down. Now I get the odd text from MIL and to my very surprise they are coming down for a visit on Sunday (they live about 2 hours away from our house). Maybe they'll be all excited again when baby is here, who knows.

But then again, MIL has loads of time off just after Christmas and when I was in the first trimester she was like, oh I'll be down at yours and I can help you so much when baby is here, then informed me a few weeks ago that she actually booked a two-week holiday for the time instead.

aww I so feel for you- I made some HUGE mistakes at work with regards to follow up simply for the fact that I'm just not as "sharp" mentally as I normally would be. I'm usually hyper organized and I think my co-workers would let things slide knowing I would pick up the slack and so when I didn't (even though we all have the same roles and therefore should all be checking up on one another!) there were some definite problems! its so unfair because its something you physically just can't help! I hope it all gets resolved quickly and tell your OH to get over it and give you a foot rub! ;);)

Mel- I would get along with my in-laws, but I wouldnt be overly involved with them. but we definitely saw them more before I got pregnant. I find my husbands family a little strange...they all get along really well but they are all in their own little world at the same time. Like for instance, they have never had a family vacation. They will go off in one's and two's on holidays, like my OH with his mam or his sister and dad and mam but never all together. Or last week his mother had a piece of music she spent two years composing preformed in a large concert....I was the only one who went to see it and support her! Its not like her other children couldn't be there, just didn't occur to them to go and support their mam! It blows my mind! :eek: Thats why my OH didn't even notice until I said something about how his family have done nothing in regards to the baby...not a single vest, nothing! Where as on the other hand, my family have spent thousands in plane tickets, mailed over loads of baby presents and are bringing suitcases packed to the brim with bits and ends for us and the baby. and they live over 3,000 miles away!! If they don't hear from us for over a week we are getting an email and phone call making sure we are ok, if we need money, if I'm feeling ok. I just thought as I got closer to the time that his family might at the least send him a text message to make sure we are doing ok!

Xiwang, I can't believe your MIL booked a two week holiday for the time she took off for the baby! I keep saying the same to myself regarding the presents, maybe they will wait for christmas but I'm not holding my breath.

It just boggles my mind, i mean your MIL was a new mom at some stage, so she must realize how daunting it is, and she obviously knows your family is in Europe....you would think that our MIL's would put two and two together and realize that we will need help in the first couple of days! I'm not the kind of person who goes around asking for help either, I find it very hard so instead I will ask my OH to ask his mam to help me if it comes to that, but I would rather it didnt! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

Oh god, mother in laws dont get me started, when i had sarah they had booked to go africa the next day, so they seen her for a flying visit before they left for three weeks, sarah is four, they have never minded her not even for ten measly mins, im used to it now dont expect anything from them, they are lovely people its just the way they are

My mam on the other hand sends out a search party if she doesnt see us for three days ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

Hi all. So I am participating in a study in the Coombe which is measuring the size of babies, so I get a few extra scans. Today after my midwives appointment (where all was normal and good, infact she said I looked too comfortable! and would probably go over!!) I had my final scan and it showed there was a significant reduction in amniotic fluid (4.4) so the doc scanning sent me to the consultant straight away who booked me in for induction tomorrow!!!!! I was so surprised I never asked any questions just said OK. I will be 39 weeks tomorrow. The cons examined me and said I was 2 cm and the head was well down, I don't know if he did a sweep? he said he couldn't break the waters,didn't ask if he could first either. He jsut examined me and said you may have a show after that. Does that mean he did a sweep? (I have had no Show today) Anyway if it helps me go naturally I don't mind. Its funny I always said this baby would come early or on time, I assumed naturally though, I had really not envisioned an induction. So not really mentally prepared for an induction. I know it means the chances of all the other interventions are higher and i am more likely to need pain relief. So I will try and go with the flow as much as possible. I just want baby out healthy and not put at risk. My birth plan is pretty much null and void now isnt it!!! Argghh baby is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sorry I don't have much to add on family, mine are grand, my OHs are in France, his sisters have hardly contacted us during the pregnancy!! his mother is always on the phone and coming to visit in Jan, but in fairness to the sisters they are organising the trip for his parents who dont have much money. They are a close family when they see each other but between visits fairly private.
    Anyway, what should I expect from the induction from those of you withe experience of one?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

maybe the OHs' mothers just expect our mothers to do the work and don't think they are wanted that much or something along those lines, who knows? There seems to be some kind of pattern after all.
    Hi all. So I am participating in a study in the Coombe which is measuring the size of babies, so I get a few extra scans. Today after my midwives appointment (where all was normal and good, infact she said I looked too comfortable! and would probably go over!!) I had my final scan and it showed there was a significant reduction in amniotic fluid (4.4) so the doc scanning sent me to the consultant straight away who booked me in for induction tomorrow!!!!! I was so surprised I never asked any questions just said OK. I will be 39 weeks tomorrow. The cons examined me and said I was 2 cm and the head was well down, I don't know if he did a sweep? he said he couldn't break the waters,didn't ask if he could first either. He jsut examined me and said you may have a show after that. Does that mean he did a sweep? (I have had no Show today) Anyway if it helps me go naturally I don't mind. Its funny I always said this baby would come early or on time, I assumed naturally though, I had really not envisioned an induction. So not really mentally prepared for an induction. I know it means the chances of all the other interventions are higher and i am more likely to need pain relief. So I will try and go with the flow as much as possible. I just want baby out healthy and not put at risk. My birth plan is pretty much null and void now isnt it!!! Argghh baby is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sorry I don't have much to add on family, mine are grand, my OHs are in France, his sisters have hardly contacted us during the pregnancy!! his mother is always on the phone and coming to visit in Jan, but in fairness to the sisters they are organising the trip for his parents who dont have much money. They are a close family when they see each other but between visits fairly private.
    Anyway, what should I expect from the induction from those of you withe experience of one?

that is a surprise alright, hope all goes well with the induction tomorrow! Can't offer any advise on that just wishing you the best of luck hun, will be thinking about you!

Wohoo babies comin, youll be fine my dear, my sister got that too and had a fully natural birth no epidural no nuttin, n her babs was over ten pounds :) be thinking of you tomorrow xxx

• Advertisement

oh wow, thats so exciting/scary! Its your last night before baby!! Its kinda insane how one said you were fine and the other said nope, lets bring baby here tomorrow! I don't have any advice for you but I hope all goes well and I will be on pins and needles tomorrow waiting to hear your good news! :D

jeni wrote: »
    Oh god, mother in laws dont get me started, when i had sarah they had booked to go africa the next day, so they seen her for a flying visit before they left for three weeks, sarah is four, they have never minded her not even for ten measly mins, im used to it now dont expect anything from them, they are lovely people its just the way they are

My mam on the other hand sends out a search party if she doesnt see us for three days ;)

good grief! I know when its not your daughter its different, but its still your grandchild all the same! I just dont understand how some people can be so Blase about it! If this baby I'm having has a child 30 years down the line you can bet that I will be there excited!

Excellent stuff Scrgirl, youll be grand, i had two inductions, had to have pain relief, came out the other side unscaved!
    Wont go into gory details but be prepared for it not to work the first time or maybe even the second.

Sittin here wishin i was you, make sure you log on in few days and tell us whats happened, best wishes. xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

mel1 wrote: »
    Excellent stuff Scrgirl, youll be grand, i had two inductions, had to have pain relief, came out the other side unscaved!
    Wont go into gory details but be prepared for it not to work the first time or maybe even the second.

Sittin here wishin i was you, make sure you log on in few days and tell us whats happened, best wishes. xx

Thanks everyone for good wishes! Mel was your hubby allowed stay when u were induced? I am being brought in on Friday night, so they expect baby to be born on saturday... never asked any of these questions today. was shell shocked!!

Thanks everyone for good wishes! Mel was your hubby allowed stay when u were induced? I am being brought in on Friday night, so they expect baby to be born on saturday... never asked any of these questions today. was shell shocked!!

It was 8 year ago for me, but no he wasnt allowed in for the inductions, its just like an internal exam and even for those the dont realy want the OHs involved. Maybe thats changed but i doubt it. My first induction took four attempts over five days as it was my first child and two attempts the second. They may have better drugs now doe. I know they start you off on a drip now whick i didnt have. Dont worry about it too much!

Any internals i had on my first hubster was there, not sure if induction is differant, ah best of luck xx

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

scrgirl Best Wishes for the induction, you're going to meet your baby very soon!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Scgirl good luck:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭CeNedra

best of luck Scgirl, we'll be waiting for your news!!

I had an appointment today. The dr. is telling me that I will go over, baby too comfy looking, head down but not engaged. He is willing to do a sweep at term but is leaving it up to me to choose whether to go for it or not, he won't recommend one way or another.

I don't think I will go for it to be honest, I prefer to let nature take its course if possible. As I'm due on 18th, he won't be happy to let me go beyond 14 days. I think that will bring me right up to 1st Jan ........... jeasus I hope I"m well over it by then.

I am murdered with BH's at night. Not getting much sleep as it is so uncomfortable. Keeping thinking ... maybe this time, yea right!!!!!

I'm trying to look on positive side, I will have time to be organised for Christmas ..... catch up on cooking (fill freezer),

Im wondering, you know the braxton hicks, im getting them alot lately, and they are getting more sore every day,

I know they arnt labour, just natures way of making my body ready but.... The worse they get could it be a sign labour is coming

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I have never got Braxton hicks on any of my pregnancies:(
    I need to be able to bend again,the mess is building up around me and I am been driven mad.
    I can not empty my washing machine so the same wash has been in there 4 days,I have given up trying to empty my dishwasher because the pain and suffering involved has become too much for me.
    No doubht if and when himself actually does it he will want a medal for stuff that I do every day.
    I love the way nothing that we do is ever noticed but when you don't do it it is.

Aggghhh

37 weeks tomorrow and I am begninig to think life will b easier with a small baby and lack of sleep then a bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

My BH aren't sore they're just uncomfortable! Am 37 weeks and two days now and starting to get impatient. It's not helped by the fact my mum is determined to have a new grandchild to visit on Christmas Day. Argh, talk about pressure!

Yes mum I too would like the baby to be here by Christmas but I doesn't quite work like that.

Piper101 wrote: »
    My BH aren't sore they're just uncomfortable! Am 37 weeks and two days now and starting to get impatient. It's not helped by the fact my mum is determined to have a new grandchild to visit on Christmas Day. Argh, talk about pressure!

Yes mum I too would like the baby to be here by Christmas but I doesn't quite work like that.

I KNOW exactly what you mean...you girls have seen the amount of patience I have (i.e. NONE)

I was getting BH but I havnt had as much lately...im just really sore between my legs and super stiff...I'm like a little old person getting up out of chairs trying to walk around!

Well I hope that you are able to have baby by christmas, but if not I'm sure it will still be a great christmas either way! :D
    (I'm just hoping I'm not in the hospital christmas day! I'm thinking my christmas dinner won't be a nice as the one at home haha!)

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I have never got Braxton hicks on any of my pregnancies:(
    I need to be able to bend again,the mess is building up around me and I am been driven mad.
    I can not empty my washing machine so the same wash has been in there 4 days,I have given up trying to empty my dishwasher because the pain and suffering involved has become too much for me.
    No doubht if and when himself actually does it he will want a medal for stuff that I do every day.
    I love the way nothing that we do is ever noticed but when you don't do it it is.

Aggghhh

37 weeks tomorrow and I am begninig to think life will b easier with a small baby and lack of sleep then a bump.

I feel you on the bending over thing!! I never realized how much bending I do and how much stuff I actually drop! I've taken to leaving stuff on the ground these days lol!

and +1 on my OH not copping on to stuff needing doing around the house...I sometimes feel like pulling my hair out...don't we both live here, why am I the only one that notices the dishes need doing?? or that the floor is in need of a sweep! I was upset after the NCT last night and the best part of that was my OH started cleaning without a word being said from me! Maybe I should throw a hissy fit more often :rolleyes:

Today was great though, he was "helping" with the laundry and I can't bend for the machines...he would leave it beeping when it was done so everytime I made a feeble attempt to go for the machine when he was taking too long he would jump up and go do it! sigh..I'm going to miss that.

I hope your able to get the stuff done around the house soon moonbeam! I know what you mean about it almost seems like it would be easier with a tiny baby on the outside than trying to lug the bump around everywhere! Do you still think you will go early??

CeNedra I hope the BH eases up for you! being organized for christmas is the best part of waiting around for baby...I've never had so much spare time for making sure all the bits and ends are in place! Our freezer is jam packed with pre-cooked soups and breads and stuff, hope we still feel like eating them when baby is here haha!

Rachineire wrote: »
    I KNOW exactly what you mean...you girls have seen the amount of patience I have (i.e. NONE)

I was getting BH but I havnt had as much lately...im just really sore between my legs and super stiff...I'm like a little old person getting up out of chairs trying to walk around!

Well I hope that you are able to have baby by christmas, but if not I'm sure it will still be a great christmas either way! :D
    (I'm just hoping I'm not in the hospital christmas day! I'm thinking my christmas dinner won't be a nice as the one at home haha!)

if we have christmas day babies we will prob be ward mates because if my baby is not here by christmas he/she will probably end up being born down there as we need to travel with the kids so there is someone to look after them if I go in to labour.

if we have christmas day babies we will prob be ward mates because if my baby is not here by christmas he/she will probably end up being born down there as we need to travel with the kids so there is someone to look after them if I go in to labour.

you'll be in limerick during christmas?? yes let me know we can share some hospital turkey and stuffing! (and hopefully my MIL will bring me in her sticky toffee pudding...NOMS!) :D

I will get my 3 year old to bring us cake:)
    You have just made me a lot less scared of not having the baby by christmas:)

I will get my 3 year old to bring us cake:)
    You have just made me a lot less scared of not having the baby by christmas:)

mmm cake and sticky toffee pudding! well I'm glad that I made you feel better!
    I just made more banana bread as well (I'm bored and the bananas were going off) I should have my OH bring some in since I have a freezer over flowing with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Patser

Hey SCRGirl, sorry if we steal some of your thunder but Mrs Parser jumped the gun today and surprised everyone especially herself. What started out as fairly convincing false labour at 6am, stuttered unconvincingly through the day until escalating rapidly around 7pm. By 9 we were in the Coombe and Aislín was born at 10.45.

The surprise was so complete and the speed so fast that Mrs Patser had to go without an epidural!! But all is well with little Aislín making a perfect entrance on the 7/12 at 7lb 12!

Just home now, shattered as I'd been work at 5am since there was no hint of this. So SCRGirl, you could be bed neighbour!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Mrs scrubber is a star. Emma Kate born 3.08 7lbs 11.
    Mrs scrubbers water broke yesterday at 4 am found it hard but loves inventor of epi.
    Like a woman possessed when told to push. And i am here staring at my daughter. WOW.

Advertisement