Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Dec 2012....

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

What a busy night :)
    Congrats to the new daddies , and look after the new mammies well .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Oh wow congrats Paster and scrubber thats so exciting!! Mrs. Patser went pretty early must have been a shock for herself!! Huzzah for december babies!! :D:D

Irishrose1981 2nd- Born 19/11/12 Boy
    Sipe- 7th
    mapaco 10th
    Scrgirl 14th
    Rachineire 15th- Boy
    Mrs Patser 17th- Born 07/12/12 Girl!
    Scrubber72- ??- Born 07/12/12 Girl!
    CeNedra 18th
    TeresaM- Dec 20th
    Xiwang 21st
    Funksoulsista 21st
    Piper101 27th
    Mel1 - 27th
    Jeni 28th
    Moonbeam 29th
    Princessa - 1st Jan (? early induction in Dec) - Surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

wow patser what a surprise!

patience .. I am running out of patience myself slowly, at 38+5 we are far enough imho, although maybe I can wait until the 12.12, would make a nice date. OH is determined that the child gets here on the 21., he seems to have much more patience on this than I have :p

xiwang wrote: »
    wow patser what a surprise!

patience .. I am running out of patience myself slowly, at 38+5 we are far enough imho, although maybe I can wait until the 12.12, would make a nice date. OH is determined that the child gets here on the 21., he seems to have much more patience on this than I have :p

haha of course he has patience, he isn't lugging around a watermelon! I was saying I wouldnt mind if baby was born on 12/12/12 since that would be a cool birthdate...or 14/12/12 which was my grandpa's birthday! My OH likes the 21st as well since its the "apocalypse" date....says the baby could be the anti-christ...LOL lovely sentiment!

I keep telling my OH that this baby will be an only child and he just laughs and says we'll see. Kinda makes me want to hurt him...just a little. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

Lol love it, anti christ already havin an effect on ya ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

lol jeni :D

I really think the due date coinciding with the Mayan prophecy was the main thing that had OH interested in the pregnancy at the start. I mean we actively tried to have a kid but when that date came up you could see his eyes light up. The beginning of a new era, at least in our little world, it will be for sure ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

Typical!

You follow this thread all year long waiting for a Baby, then 2 show up at once (3 if SCRGirl happens).

Congrats Scrubber! Bit unreal isn't it

Patser wrote: »
    Typical!

You follow this thread all year long waiting for a Baby, then 2 show up at once (3 if SCRGirl happens).

Congrats Scrubber! Bit unreal isn't it

great things come in groups?!? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

Congrats gentlemen! Take care of those new mammy's.

AGGGGGGGG! pulling me hair out here with all the babies been born, and no sign of mine making any moves to the entrance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭CeNedra

Congrats Mr and Mrs. Scrubber and Patser, delighted the December babies have started to arrive and delighted to hear two lovely healthy girls are born. Hope you all enjoy being parents (again?) and that you have quiet babies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Big congrats to Patser and Scrubber!!! Beautiful names too!

Hopefully you've got the (birthing) ball rolling on the December baby arrivals!!

Finished work, a woo hoo! Just about to put up the christmas tree!!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Congrats to the new mammies and daddies! Hope all the rest of the December bumps are doing ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

mel1 wrote: »
    Congrats gentlemen! Take care of those new mammy's.

AGGGGGGGG! pulling me hair out here with all the babies been born, and no sign of mine making any moves to the entrance.

Dare I say it?? I'm a little jealous ( in the best possible way of course :-p) congratulations mammys and daddy's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Have to tell Mrs scrubber there is a new girl in my life. :-)
    Truly never been this happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭TeresaM

scrubber72 wrote: »
    Have to tell Mrs scrubber there is a new girl in my life. :-)
    Truly never been this happy.

Congrats!!! Enjoy your new little lady...

Congrats to both set of new parents.. Yes a little jealous (in the nicest possible way of course :P )

Well I went to Dublin on the bus on Thursday morning!! :eek: 4 hrs!!! :eek: walked about for couple of hours and again next morning and came home with my friend who had gone up a few days before... The bus was actually more comfy would you believe it!! Well I am just killed with braxton hicks since yesterday evening.... They were half hour apart by the time we got home and have had quite a few today (having one now actually) I can even feel it in my back!! Thank goodness my hubby is home :-) hopefully we will get the lights and decorations on tree tomorrow. Wasn't fit to do anything when we got back from town this eve... Dinner and feet up! Hopefully baba will make an appearance before the 20th....
    How are you all doing tonight??
    Can't wait for an update on Srcgirl

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

Just an update with no update! In hosp 24 hours 2 gels later and nothing stirring yet :( looks like it will be tomorrow at the earliest.
    It's an exercise in patience ill tell ya. Deep breathing comes in handy!!! Congrats scrubber and paster ! Fantastic news. Hopefully ill be on the list next.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Aww hon,hopefully over night:)

I am an emotional wreck this evening,not too much longer to go though:)
    There are about 2 full dishwasher loads to be done:(

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Aww hon,hopefully over night:)

I am an emotional wreck this evening,not too much longer to go though:)
    There are about 2 full dishwasher loads to be done:(

Any news, feeling a little jealous too, i keep looking at the list my names all the way at the bottom,

Moonbeam dont mind the dishwasher treat it like i am the washing, eventually the fairies will come in and do it, my ensuite door only closes when i use my shoulder to close the door, the amount of clothes is redonkulous ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

scrgirl wrote: »
    Just an update with no update! In hosp 24 hours 2 gels later and nothing stirring yet :( looks like it will be tomorrow at the earliest.
    It's an exercise in patience ill tell ya. Deep breathing comes in handy!!! Congrats scrubber and paster ! Fantastic news. Hopefully ill be on the list next.

What I tell ya! I said dont be too disapointed if it dont word first or second time. Third time lucky. Did they let himself in for the inductions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

My OH is due baby number 4 on the 14th. Hoping it arrives on the 12th. :)

Got my 1st maternity benefit payment today \o/

TeresaM wrote: »
    Congrats!!! Enjoy your new little lady...

Congrats to both set of new parents.. Yes a little jealous (in the nicest possible way of course :P )

Well I went to Dublin on the bus on Thursday morning!! :eek: 4 hrs!!! :eek: walked about for couple of hours and again next morning and came home with my friend who had gone up a few days before... The bus was actually more comfy would you believe it!! Well I am just killed with braxton hicks since yesterday evening.... They were half hour apart by the time we got home and have had quite a few today (having one now actually) I can even feel it in my back!! Thank goodness my hubby is home :-) hopefully we will get the lights and decorations on tree tomorrow. Wasn't fit to do anything when we got back from town this eve... Dinner and feet up! Hopefully baba will make an appearance before the 20th....
    How are you all doing tonight??
    Can't wait for an update on Srcgirl

I have NO idea how you sat on the bus for 4 hours without a pee break! I can't do that when I'm not pregnant much less pregnant! I'm really happy that your hubby is home...I bet that was a great moment seeing him! :)

scrgirl wrote: »

I feel for you- but i'm hoping that your sitting there with your baby in your arms now!! Looking forward to hearing your good news :)

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Got my 1st maternity benefit payment today \o/

got my second one today...its so nice to have a weekly payment as I was on once a month pay before!! I feel like I'm able to put aside money a lot easier....does that make sense?

Did you ever get your dishes sorted out? I hope so! I'm the very same with laundry...just can't get down there, god forbid i drop a wet sock!

had false labour all night...really strong BH's every 8 or 9 minutes but no show, no progression. But im hoping baby decides hes had enough practice and comes this week!

Rachineire wrote: »

got my second one today...its so nice to have a weekly payment as I was on once a month pay before!! I feel like I'm able to put aside money a lot easier....does that make sense?

Did you ever get your dishes sorted out? I hope so! I'm the very same with laundry...just can't get down there, god forbid i drop a wet sock!

had false labour all night...really strong BH's every 8 or 9 minutes but no show, no progression. But im hoping baby decides hes had enough practice and comes this week!

You've only four days to due date right?

I've got 6 days left! but my original due date was the 11th of december...got bumped up at the dating scan...but based on the day of conception (I just so happen to remember what day it was since we weren't supposed to be trying that month and were not careful only the one time! lol) It would be the 11th so im kinda keeping that date in the back of my mind! ever hopeful haha!

Rachineire wrote: »
    I've got 6 days left! but my original due date was the 11th of december...got bumped up at the dating scan...but based on the day of conception (I just so happen to remember what day it was since we weren't supposed to be trying that month and were not careful only the one time! lol) It would be the 11th so im kinda keeping that date in the back of my mind! ever hopeful haha!

Oh fingers crossed its sooner rather than later, im not due till the end of the month so not holding out much hope for a baby before christmas. Would you ask for a sweep at your next hospital appt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Lyin here in bed on my own. Mommy and baby are still in hospital probably until Tuesday and i miss them so much. I can smell baby of my shirt. Never thought i would be this much of a softie.

• Advertisement

scrubber72 wrote: »
    Lyin here in bed on my own. Mommy and baby are still in hospital probably until Tuesday and i miss them so much. I can smell baby of my shirt. Never thought i would be this much of a softie.

awh!!! it will be great to have them home (and let the sleepless nights begin :))

EDIT! find a friend and have a few drinks, they might be the last for a while

Advertisement