Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Dec 2012....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

At last!! My little boy came into the world today at 2.24! Had the works, thank god for the epi!! My induction (after 5 gels!!!! )Then progressed at an alarming rate 1 -8 cm in an hour oh my god! Nothing prepares you for that. Got the epi at that point, Then the last two hours were nice and calm! With 45 min pushing so despite scarey start ended great with a beautiful little boy 6.7lbs. Big head of black hair, absolutely in love. Girls this thread has been an amazing support. Ill miss it, and all of ye! but will be dropping in regularly to see the news if all your little ones! And I'll be on the newborns thread too im sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

scrubber72 wrote: »
    Lyin here in bed on my own. Mommy and baby are still in hospital probably until Tuesday and i miss them so much. I can smell baby of my shirt. Never thought i would be this much of a softie.
    I'm sure they are in the hosp missing you as much if not more. It's such a shame the way dads are sent home, I'm here in hosp missing my oh big time. Hopefully you will have your little family home soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

Great news SCRGirl! Well worth the wait I'm sure.

Both my girls are home safe and sound and away in bed.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Congrats scgirl:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

scrgirl wrote: »
    At last!! My little boy came into the world today at 2.24! Had the works, thank god for the epi!! My induction (after 5 gels!!!! )Then progressed at an alarming rate 1 -8 cm in an hour oh my god! Nothing prepares you for that. Got the epi at that point, Then the last two hours were nice and calm! With 45 min pushing so despite scarey start ended great with a beautiful little boy 6.7lbs. Big head of black hair, absolutely in love. Girls this thread has been an amazing support. Ill miss it, and all of ye! but will be dropping in regularly to see the news if all your little ones! And I'll be on the newborns thread too im sure.

Great news, congrats hun xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Absolutely delighted for you scrgirl!!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Woo hoo congrats scrgirl!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Congrats scrgirl. Good going. Delighted for ye. Special boardies hugs { }.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭TeresaM

Rachineire wrote: »

I have NO idea how you sat on the bus for 4 hours without a pee break! I can't do that when I'm not pregnant much less pregnant! I'm really happy that your hubby is home...I bet that was a great moment seeing him! :)

Ah we stopped half way, in Cavan, so got toilet break then..!! I managed by telling myself that I didn't really gave to go and then kinda dozing/sleeping most of the way!! I was sooo looking forward to seeing him and when I got home I was having a huge braxton hick and couldn't get out if my friends car!! He came and helped my out when it passed :-D the best husband ever!!! ❤❤❤❤.

Oh I'd be sticking to the 11th too ;-) always hopeful!! I'll have my fingers crossed for you honey!!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭TeresaM

scrgirl wrote: »

Congrats!!! Soo happy that you finally have your beautiful lil baba to cuddle. I hope you are both getting on great tonight and you've managed to get some sleep?! Xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Congratulations scrgirl, absolutely delighted for you :) finally after all that! Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭CeNedra

Congrats Scrgirl, delighted for you. Enjoy these magical times with your new baby. You are very lucky to have it behind you and your baby in your arms .......

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

congrats scrgirl, delighted for you! Best wishes to you and yours.

Up all night with back ache and cramps. Tought it was time. Lord it was a long night.

Mel I'm right there with you- second night of no sleep and strong BH...early labour? All night every 8 mins. Baby was kicking and moving like a man possessed all night with.every pain as well!! I called the hospital at 6 am and was told to take paracetamol, a hot shower and try to sleep and if anything changes to ring back. About 30 mins after that the pains went away!!! Gaaahhhh!!! Had to go to gp anyway and she did an internal- said his head was still high enough, but that my cervix was soft and effaced and she could feel his head. Thinks it will be within the week. So gave me some hope there. Waiting at the fecking nct center for the third time and then I'm off to lay on the couch for a much needed nap.

Still delighted for scrgirl!! I'm not home to update the list if anyone fancies doing it!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

congratulations to you scrgirl and the other new families in case I missed to put it out here earlier, hope all of you are doing well, delighted news to get to the desk to!!

I am getting more and more impatient the more BHs you girls are getting. Mine have pretty much stopped a month ago or so! Not having dropped an inch either, still carrying the melon right up at 38+6. Having hospital appt tomorrow, see what they tell me re the baby appearance schedule!

xiwang wrote: »
    congratulations to you scrgirl and the other new families in case I missed to put it out here earlier, hope all of you are doing well, delighted news to get to the desk to!!

I am getting more and more impatient the more BHs you girls are getting. Mine have pretty much stopped a month ago or so! Not having dropped an inch either, still carrying the melon right up at 38+6. Having hospital appt tomorrow, see what they tell me re the baby appearance schedule!

mine stopped for a few weeks too..i was having them regular and then it got really quiet down there. Now they are back the last few days...with a vengence. but i keep thinking, ok this HAS to be progress! im 39+3 today...fingers crossed i don't make it to 40+3 cause i will have lost it by then!

on a plus note, finally passed the flipping NCT. never again. at least I didnt have to repay for the third go round. Now i am going to park it on the sofa and relax while i can.

Edit- oh yeah, my bump kinda went up as well in the last two weeks...hes under my ribs nice and tight now...i think thats part of them just getting so big! hopefully you drop really soon!

glad to hear you finally have the NCT. That must be a great weight off your shoulders!

Now you're all set and ready to go! :D

glad to hear you finally have the NCT. That must be a great weight off your shoulders!

Now you're all set and ready to go! :D

thanks! yes i feel a million times better for it being done and over with...your man was really taking his time looking at all the bits in the car...he was making me so nervous....must have seen the look on my face and gone "oh jesus, I better just pass this one!" LOL its nice knowing the car is in tip top shape for the baby to be in though. I only bought it back in may and there were some things i knew might need to be done, its just it was like a sweater unraveling...one thing lead to another and completely wrecked my head. I think my OH will be more than relieved as well...I had a complete melt down after a night of BH with no sleep when my door handle was frozen and then after it opened wouldn't latch shut. I burst into tears in the driveway and then spilled tea all over the drivers seat. Poor man was in bits running around boiling the kettle to de-ice the door and grabbing a towel for the seat of the car. I have a feeling hes thinking like Ross in friends...Get this baby OUT of her!! :rolleyes:

so is it a regular appointment for tomorrow? what are you hoping will happen? you going to ask for a sweep or check if baby is engaged?? I hope for your sake baby is engaged and they tell you he is ready to head to the exit!

god I would have had a melt down with that as well :(

it is just the regular 39 week check, I don't expect much tbh, don't think I am going to ask for a sweep but will ask if head is engaged and just see what they think my chances are of having baby on time.

god I would have had a melt down with that as well :(

it is just the regular 39 week check, I don't expect much tbh, don't think I am going to ask for a sweep but will ask if head is engaged and just see what they think my chances are of having baby on time.

well I hope it all goes well! I also hope you get a more sympathetic consultant than mine...he was so nonchalant about saying that I will definitely go way over due and be in labour for 18 +hours and all this jazz! Its a stressful thing to hear...would be great if baby's head was engaged for you! do you know if baby is head down already?

• Advertisement

thanks Rach. I have a serious dislike of your consultant from what I heard over the last few weeks I have to say!

I keep on getting trainee consultants, but they all agree that the head is down. My combined obstetric card tells me who my consultant is but I have not met her yet. I do prefer trainees though, they don't have this 'know it all, don't need to listen anymore' aura about them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

Is it just me or does the back ache and cramps only come ar night and keep us awake and disappear in the mornings. Haven't had an ache since I got out bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

mel1 wrote: »
    Is it just me or does the back ache and cramps only come ar night and keep us awake and disappear in the mornings. Haven't had an ache since I got out bed.

Thats so true;( im still in bed here but the bh was from bout ten to 7 this morning ;( not having a good time at all im just so sick all the time, or in pain or both

yup thats exactly whats happening...from about 11pm until around half 6 I had consistant cramps and BH's. then they disappeared come morning.

Jeni, I'm sorry your feeling so poorly....hope you can rest up and feel better!

so true, at night my main thought is, "when is it morning, when can I get up" (because I remember them always being gone once I am up), and any time after 12 during the day all I want is to go to bed ...

Just wondering if anyone has had a sweep? Have a hospital appt on thurs and will e 38 weeks, wondering if I should ask for one? I know it can't do any harm cause she won't come till she's ready

Sorry xiwang! Just saw there you might be asking for one tomorrow. Keep us posted. (On my phone so missed a few posts)

it probably has been asked before but I can't find it just now - what exactly does the sweep do for you?

it probably has been asked before but I can't find it just now - what exactly does the sweep do for you?

I think its actually caused a 'membrane sweep' and it separates the membranes from the cervix. FTM here so correct me if im wrong people but think the mw or doc uses a finger and kinda swivels it around in there :eek: and it can kickstart labour?

EDIT: "Membrane sweep", also known as membrane stripping, or "stretch and sweep" in Australia and the UK - during an internal examination, the midwife moves her finger around the cervix to stimulate and/or separate the membranes around the baby from the cervix. This causes a release of prostaglandins which can help to kick-start labor (Courtesy of wikipedia)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

the skin on my bump feels like it can not possibly stretch anymore.

Advertisement