Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Dec 2012....

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I was at a birthday party this evening for one of the Dec 2008 babies,girls the time flies!!!!
    I have a feeling that I am going to go soon and that baby is quite big,tomorrow is good or after Sunday is good as I am bringing my 2 big girls to The Snowman in the Concert hall on Sunday:)
    Movement is getting so hard:(

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

Hey ladies hope all is well, n i havnt missed any births ;) ive ben kept in the hospital blood pressure acting up again, its mad im in the same room and bed from when i had sarah four years ago ;) my poor nuggat is pounding lady in bed accross from me snoring like a harley davidson aint helping matters ;)

Ill catch up on what i missed when i get home ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭TeresaM

jeni wrote: »
    Hey ladies hope all is well, n i havnt missed any births ;) ive ben kept in the hospital blood pressure acting up again, its mad im in the same room and bed from when i had sarah four years ago ;) my poor nuggat is pounding lady in bed accross from me snoring like a harley davidson aint helping matters ;)

Ill catch up on what i missed when i get home ;)

Hope all is ok honey!!! And nothing worse than someone snoring beside ya!!! How long have you been in hospital for? What are they gonna do bout the blood pressure have they said?

I'm timing away here :) 10 mins apart this last 3 hrs... Dunno yet if its braxton hicks again, but this is my 3rd night of it so prob is!! Or is it....... Lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Sounds like something is happening Teresa!! Aw Jeni I'm sorry your stuck in the hospital....hope you can sleep and everything is ok with you and baby!!

I'm still sitting around...all quiet. A few Braxton hicks, nothing special. SIGH. This baby loves to show me up. Would be awesome if I went tonight or tomorrow cause that means my OH wouldn't have to go back to work until the 27th that way and get maximum amount of time with baby and me! We had a lovely night though, he made brownies and we played cards for a while...not labour inducing, but nice to spend time together :)

Well it was just the same thing as the night before! Still here and twice as tired as yesterday morning!! God I hope this doesn't go on every night for the next week!!!! I'll be totally exhausted when baby does come!
    Got appt today anyway.. Am glad of it!

How are you all doing today? Rach, sounds like you had a lovely evening with your OH!

• Advertisement

ah thats rough teresa...those nights of braxton hicks all night are killer....they really tire your body out!

it was nice to have a night that we didnt work on baby stuff, christmas, house stuff, whatever. Just enjoyed each others company. Happens far too frequently these days! I even got to sleep in this morning, although my poor body...feels like someone has been beating me all night...I'm so sore waking up! my hips and back are throbbing! just doesnt pay to sleep these days! :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Are we there yet?:(

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Are we there yet?:(

thats what i keep saying. I was saying to my OH this morning that I dont feel like the consultants take into account the mental wellbeing of the mothers. Every day that I get closer to my due date i get more stressed out...they keep saying that being induced will rise the chances of a birth that needs intervention...I feel like having high stress while going into to give birth will increase that even more! sure a due date is just a guess on a calendar...its not perfect science....I dont understand why when im this far along I can't have a consultant say ok, we can bring you in. wahhh. by the time this baby decides to come naturally I'm scared i'll be so wrecked physically and mentally im going to have a hard birth!

I am in pain today,not major just annoying.
    Being a 3rd pregnancy it had flown by but I am tired of not being able to bend and little tasks being impossible AAAGGHHHH and little tasks being huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

Rachineire wrote: »
    thats what i keep saying. I was saying to my OH this morning that I don't feel like the consultants take into account the mental wellbeing of the mothers. Every day that I get closer to my due date i get more stressed out...they keep saying that being induced will rise the chances of a birth that needs intervention...I feel like having high stress while going into to give birth will increase that even more! sure a due date is just a guess on a calendar...its not perfect science....I don't understand why when I'm this far along I can't have a consultant say OK, we can bring you in. wahhh. by the time this baby decides to come naturally I'm scared I'll be so wrecked physically and mentally I'm going to have a hard birth!

I'm completely with ye there girls, Every little twinge make me think, todays gonna be the day! Like my Nan used to say "a watched pot never boils". Ye may take up knitting or something!

Teresa, hope your mam gets better soon. my granddad is in hosp after a bad fall and a mini stroke. God love him hes 95. don't think he be coming home.
    And how in the name of God did you manage to paint your toenails?

• Advertisement

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I am in pain today,not major just annoying.
    Being a 3rd pregnancy it had flown by but I am tired of not being able to bend and little tasks being impossible AAAGGHHHH and little tasks being huge.

i know what you mean about little tasks...i dropped a piece of toast this morning, nearly cried cause i couldnt pick it up. also having to climb the stairs to go upstairs to the bedroom has become a monumental task! i have to take 2 breaks...sigh!

Mel +1 there about wondering how she painted her toe nails...thats what i thought when i read that haha! I am planning on having the OH do a touch up on mine tonight if he is obliging! :p
    I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa...I hope he is able to come home for christmas!

Hey ladies!! Dunno what can over me yesterday! And toe nails came out great :) well I might have an idea for all the cleaning!! Had my appt there at 1:30 and still having what I thought were bh's but they got me seen first and am 2/3 cms dialated!! :eek: so on way home to collect our son and take him to my mums for night. My stepdad is there do its ok! I can't believe this is it!!!! And my labour was sooo fast with him! Was contracting every 3/4 mins went in was 2 cm and they broke waters... He was born half hour later!! So won't be waiting for them to be that close thus time! Will take us an hour to get to Sligo hospital!! Wish me luck!

Mel I'm so sorry to hear about your grandad :( hugs xxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

Best of luck TeresaM, we are all super jealous and thrilled for you at the same time.x

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

best of luck Teresa, hope it will all go well!

Maybe bending enough to reach the toenails does the trick? Was trying to figure out how to do that too ;)

I dreamt about my waters breaking three times last night but woke up to dry sheets every time. I got so bored today I did the dishes and some cleaning and then I took a tin of Roses and put strings through them all and put them up on the tree, lol. It's not even dark yet and I just don't know what to do with myself.
    Rachineire wrote: »
    thats what i keep saying. I was saying to my OH this morning that I dont feel like the consultants take into account the mental wellbeing of the mothers. Every day that I get closer to my due date i get more stressed out...they keep saying that being induced will rise the chances of a birth that needs intervention...I feel like having high stress while going into to give birth will increase that even more! sure a due date is just a guess on a calendar...its not perfect science....I dont understand why when im this far along I can't have a consultant say ok, we can bring you in. wahhh. by the time this baby decides to come naturally I'm scared i'll be so wrecked physically and mentally im going to have a hard birth!

So true. A friend of mine is a midwife and she told me that a birth is only as easy or as hard as a woman makes it for herself, but if the consultants do the best to stress her out instead of helping her make it work then clearly the focus isn't right.

This is definitely the most weird phase of pregnancy for me, I'm still a bit too comfortable for my liking, mad how you more or less want the pain to start really!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

xiwang wrote: »
    mad how you more or less want the pain to start really!

I cant wait for the pain to start.... Every twinge I'm like yes yes give it to me. Bring it on. Then nothing. I told my sister that you should be giving a time and date. Id like to know of you will go into labour on x date at y time and it will last for z hours. Is that too much to ask for?

Teresa, i want to cry with jealousy, but am delighted for ya! Dont forget to come back and update.

Xiwang, love the idea of stringing sweets on the tree although reckon kids would have them eat off within few days.

mel1 wrote: »
    Teresa, i want to cry with jealousy, but am delighted for ya! Dont forget to come back and update.

Xiwang, love the idea of stringing sweets on the tree although reckon kids would have them eat off within few days.

I feel the same way, I'm super excited for you but green with jealousy!! Let us know how it goes and best of luck!!

I REALLY want to be next!! come on baby...GET OUT!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Best of luck TeresaM!!! my toenails havent been painted in soooo long! really really need to sort them out :) although probably more likely to go into labour with scraggy toenails and hairy legs lol

Was with consultant today, he told me that hes gonna check me on my due date and if its favourable he'll consider inducing me...I think I love him :p I asked him how far he lets people go over and he told me ten days but that was on the outside. Tbh Im actually not in a huge huge rush so if its a few days after I'll get over it

I need to meet consultants like this....Christmas day my arse....grumble grumble grumble

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

Best if luck Teresa! So excited for you! Can't wait to hear all about these December babies. !
    On the consultants. It's unreal how they treat us women as a host body almost completely separate from the baby. When I was in for inducement they had no interest in my well being or wishes it was just the induction process tick boxes and follow procedure. No one explained anything to me or kept me informed about progress or options. I really felt I was a bystander in the whole affair for the entire weekend right up to the birth. Even when in delivery when there was a moment where it looked like I might have to have a section they discuss it with everyone in the room except me. I felt Invisible.
    And girls although its fantastic to have had miles early and be home etc I would still if I had a choice go natural rather than be induced even if it was 3 weeks late!! The body snd baby knows when it's ready and inducing is not pleasant at all!!!!! It also is quite risky. My contractions were coming so fast and intense it caused the baby to go into distress so I nearly had a section. Thankfully it didn't come to that. But I'd prefer a few weeks of pregnancy discomfort over a cesarean recovery!
    Anyway hope all the babies want out for Xmas as much as there mummies and cooperate!!

• Advertisement

Well ladies. Lying in bed now listening to someone else's baby crying but little Ryan is here beside me sleeping away!!! He came very quickly in the end!! Will fill you all in on story another time tho :) He was born at 00:13. On 14/12/12. He weighs 7lb 1oz - same as I did and close to his big brother who was 7lb 3oz when he was born!! All good and gonna try sleep a while....

Congrats Teresa that's so exciting and a great name for baby!!

TeresaM wrote: »
    Well ladies. Lying in bed now listening to someone else's baby crying but little Ryan is here beside me sleeping away!!! He came very quickly in the end!! Will fill you all in on story another time tho :) He was born at 00:13. On 14/12/12. He weighs 7lb 1oz - same as I did and close to his big brother who was 7lb 3oz when he was born!! All good and gonna try sleep a while....

Ah brilliant news, love the name ;) dont dissapear on us now ;)

Irishrose1981 2nd- Born 19/11/12 Boy
    Sipe- 7th
    mapaco 10th
    Scrgirl 14th- Born 09/12/12 Boy!
    Rachineire 15th- Boy
    Mrs Patser 17th- Born 07/12/12 Girl!
    Scrubber72- ??- Born 07/12/12 Girl!
    CeNedra 18th
    TeresaM- Dec 20th born 13/12/12 Boy
    Xiwang 21st
    Funksoulsista 21st
    Piper101 27th
    Mel1 - 27th
    Jeni 28th
    Moonbeam 29th
    Princessa - 1st Jan (? early induction in Dec) -

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

great news, congratulations Teresa, rest now and look after your little man, delighted for you :)

scrgirl wrote: »
    Best if luck Teresa! So excited for you! Can't wait to hear all about these December babies. !
    On the consultants. It's unreal how they treat us women as a host body almost completely separate from the baby. When I was in for inducement they had no interest in my well being or wishes it was just the induction process tick boxes and follow procedure. No one explained anything to me or kept me informed about progress or options. I really felt I was a bystander in the whole affair for the entire weekend right up to the birth. Even when in delivery when there was a moment where it looked like I might have to have a section they discuss it with everyone in the room except me. I felt Invisible.
    And girls although its fantastic to have had miles early and be home etc I would still if I had a choice go natural rather than be induced even if it was 3 weeks late!! The body snd baby knows when it's ready and inducing is not pleasant at all!!!!! It also is quite risky. My contractions were coming so fast and intense it caused the baby to go into distress so I nearly had a section. Thankfully it didn't come to that. But I'd prefer a few weeks of pregnancy discomfort over a cesarean recovery!
    Anyway hope all the babies want out for Xmas as much as there mummies and cooperate!!

Thats good information- I will make sure not to be timid about speaking my mind thats for sure!! I have my next appointment monday morning and if I'm still hanging in there I will not be so accepting of whatever the consultants are saying to me!
    I'm happy that everything turned out good for you in the end and you didn't have to have an emergency c-section...hopefully you will be all healed up in time for christmas so you can bring baby around and show him off! :D:D

Just home from hospital, three very long days inside, am wreaked,

Doc was giving me an internal and she started talking bout doing a sweep n i was like yeah cool, then she said can i do one, i again thinking she meant later or what ever said yeah sure, n then bang, frightened the life outa me no guarntee itll work but heres hoping.

Anyone any more movements

jeni wrote: »
    Just home from hospital, three very long days inside, am wreaked,

Doc was giving me an internal and she started talking bout doing a sweep n i was like yeah cool, then she said can i do one, i again thinking she meant later or what ever said yeah sure, n then bang, frightened the life outa me no guarntee itll work but heres hoping.

Anyone any more movements

aww poor you! I bet you are exhausted...its hard enough to sleep these days without trying to in a hospital!
    Glad you got a sweep---hope it helps things move along!

all quiet in my house over here...trying my hardest to move this baby along though!
    Hows your BP? you feeling better?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Big congrats Teresa, beautiful name!

• Advertisement

Congrats Teresa, enjoy and rest. One by one they all fall down. Bet any money ill be the last one sitting here waiting till the middle of January. Don't have another hosp app till 2nd Jan, that don't bode well. your OH had a lucky call with his timing didn't he!

~Ill be curious to see if this sweep actually works Jeni so keep us up to date if your well enough.

terrible cramps last night and again this morning, funny but they only seem to come on after i pee. Wanted to cry instead of get up today for the school run, so tired. Just want to evict this baby now. fed up!!

Advertisement