Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Dec 2012....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

got no sleep last night and been full of energy cleaning all morning...hoping this is my last burst of nesting energy...if i am some how magically able to reach and paint my toenails like teresa then I know its time ;):D

delighted the house is getting a clean though...my OH just doesnt see dirt I swear.

I took a picture of the bump and compared it to one i took about 10 days ago..I thought maybe the bump had stayed the same size....no way, much bigger! this baby is going to be half grown by the time he gets here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

Congratulations TeresaM beautiful name! So good to have him with you now!

Racherine I hope I didn't sound too pessimistic, but if it helps any of ye girls stay more in control or at least feel fully involved in decisions then that's good. Any questions I had were kinda dismissed. Quote "you don't have the luxury of time" or "there is nothing natural about this inducement" without explaining what that ment! Madness!!

scrgirl wrote: »
    Congratulations TeresaM beautiful name! So good to have him with you now!

Racherine I hope I didn't sound too pessimistic, but if it helps any of ye girls stay more in control or at least feel fully involved in decisions then that's good. Any questions I had were kinda dismissed. Quote "you don't have the luxury of time" or "there is nothing natural about this inducement" without explaining what that ment! Madness!!

no no, i dont think you sounded pessimistic at all! Its good to know that kind of stuff, so far ive had similar experiences minus one mid-wife who was absolutely lovely! I feel like since I'm a first time mammy these doctors dont give two flying figs what i feel or think. I mean, I've only had this body for 27 years, i think i might know it better than them, even if I've never had a baby before! It encourages me not to be scared to speak up! I can't believe they wouldnt take two seconds to explain to you what was going on, must have been stressful!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

Rachineire wrote: »
    no no, i dont think you sounded pessimistic at all! Its good to know that kind of stuff, so far ive had similar experiences minus one mid-wife who was absolutely lovely! I feel like since I'm a first time mammy these doctors dont give two flying figs what i feel or think. I mean, I've only had this body for 27 years, i think i might know it better than them, even if I've never had a baby before! It encourages me not to be scared to speak up! I can't believe they wouldnt take two seconds to explain to you what was going on, must have been stressful!

Too be fair though, i really dont think we need to know the details of inducement except that its going to be painfull, embarressing and unplesent. I know now whats involved as i have internet but didnt know the twice it was done before and i might suggest ignorance is bliss. dont think i would be able to relax through most of the processes if i actually knew what they were doing.
    But i do agree they do tend to treat pregnant women like cattle. i suppose it comes with the job. I asssume they do know more about it than i do. I remember the fright i got the first time i changed rebeccas nappy and it was green and black, i was running around the hosp like a headless chicken thinking she was really ill or something tirrable. However they were all lovely women who were very confident with what they were doing there just a bit unsensitive to the fact that your a new mom and have the hormones flying ect and they are up to their eyeballs dealing with everything as nurses do. Overworked and underpaid for the crap they have to deal with at the best of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sipe

Congratulations TeresaM!!! Lucky you having met your precious bundle of joy.

I'm now 41 weeks.. Was suffering from Cabin Fever all week and was ready to punch the next person who said relax, enjoy the calm and baby will come when good and ready.... Tried everything to move the babe along, but no budging...

Then yesterday eve my tooth starting trobbing... In with dentist today to find out I have a gum infection (another common preg issue) which has led to an abscess on a tooth close by. Boy am I suffering as can only take paracetamol which doesn't have any impact. Have been percribed penicillin to fight the infection but will take 2-3 days to work. Ouch! So now, no interested in going to labour as already in enough pain.... My sister in law suggested that this pain is worse than labour... Will have to see!

I had a lovely easy pregnancy so it seems it's getting its revenge now.... Hard not to feel miserable with all the hormones and emotions.

Ok, moan over. Hope everyone else is having a nicer time. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Congrats TeresaM.
    Hopefully the weekend brings some lovely new babies for us:)

Sipe wrote: »
    Congratulations TeresaM!!! Lucky you having met your precious bundle of joy.

I'm now 41 weeks.. Was suffering from Cabin Fever all week and was ready to punch the next person who said relax, enjoy the calm and baby will come when good and ready.... Tried everything to move the babe along, but no budging...

Then yesterday eve my tooth starting trobbing... In with dentist today to find out I have a gum infection (another common preg issue) which has led to an abscess on a tooth close by. Boy am I suffering as can only take paracetamol which doesn't have any impact. Have been percribed penicillin to fight the infection but will take 2-3 days to work. Ouch! So now, no interested in going to labour as already in enough pain.... My sister in law suggested that this pain is worse than labour... Will have to see!

I had a lovely easy pregnancy so it seems it's getting its revenge now.... Hard not to feel miserable with all the hormones and emotions.

Ok, moan over. Hope everyone else is having a nicer time. :-)

Oh sipe I feel so bad for you!! Being overdue and having an abcess?? so not fair!! :(:(

Have they talked about induction to you at all yet? when is your next hospital appointment?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

Sipe poor you, that sounds terrible!

Rach, enjoy your night out! I'd try to get an aisle seat, can't imagine going through a Peter Jackson film without going to the bathroom a few times ;)

OH is just cooking up one helluva chili con carne here, he put in four habanero chilis, four scotch bonnets and three or four jalapenos, looks like he might get impatient too now, let's see if I get any reactions to that! I really didn't plan to rush it at this stage, I mentally prepared to do all that starting Monday :p

Oh sipe I feel so bad for you!! Being overdue and having an abcess?? so not fair!! :(:(

Have they talked about induction to you at all yet? when is your next hospital appointment?

Oh the joy....

I'm in Holles St. Next appointment Monday. They mentioned last week that I'll be invited back Monday (standard check up), Wednesday to check fluid around baby and if all ok, induced on Friday.... So perhaps another week...

OH thinks my bump has dropped (this is supported b more frequent loo visits). So who knows .... But I'm crossing my legs until the meds kick in as don't think I could do labour in my current predicament.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Sipe sorry to hear you're not well, boo to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

Oh yock Sipe. How unfair an absess and overdue. I was feeling very sorry for myself having that cold/flu dose thats going around.

I am having the strangiest cravings tonight, i want really spicy chicken, Ice pops of some sorts.... Hmmmm how strange. Babs is twisting and turning like a rotary chicken the last hour, im like hello if you dont have enough room theres a lot more space out here. Luckily the OH is in work so nobody can see me talking under my t-shirt :D

Oh lord a tooth ache and no decent pain relief. Now that's just bad luck. 😞Poor you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭mapaco

congrats to all with babies!
    still hangin in there 40+4 now an rotten with a cold.
    in no rush for labour the house is upside down and we're soooooo nervous about being parents!
    feelin alright except stretch marks on bump getting bigger and sorer by the day.
    induction next thurs-asked hubby bout 'getting things going' naturally on monday and sick with worry now-look and feel HORRENDOUS-i'm terrified he wont be able to 'perform' cos of the state/size of me.
    think i might just wait for induction-rejection would devastate me :(

good luck to everyone!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

mapaco wrote: »
    congrats to all with babies!
    still hangin in there 40+4 now an rotten with a cold.
    in no rush for labour the house is upside down and we're soooooo nervous about being parents!
    feelin alright except stretch marks on bump getting bigger and sorer by the day.
    induction next thurs-asked hubby bout 'getting things going' naturally on monday and sick with worry now-look and feel HORRENDOUS-i'm terrified he wont be able to 'perform' cos of the state/size of me.
    think i might just wait for induction-rejection would devastate me :(

good luck to everyone!
    Lol apparently it does not help anyway :-)

haha I can confirm what moonbeam says...it doesnt help anything.

guess baby is like a banana, when they are ripe, they are ripe and not before.

also, this may be awful of me, but i woke up to a bunch of text messages and facebook messages wishing me a happy due date and ect. kinda made me want to hit them. sigh. I think im just totally done with this pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

My poor husband last night he is normally so calm and laid back, but he was white as a sheet, and every time i moved he was like is it time, n i kept catching him looking at me ha ha ;) unfortunatly no time didnt come, few pains here n there
    Im thinking if i dont go tonight then the sweep didnt work ;(

haha I can confirm what moonbeam says...it doesnt help anything.

guess baby is like a banana, when they are ripe, they are ripe and not before.

also, this may be awful of me, but i woke up to a bunch of text messages and facebook messages wishing me a happy due date and ect. kinda made me want to hit them. sigh. I think im just totally done with this pregnancy.

I also confirm that it just wasnt worth the effort.

@mel- bahaha i know right?? well at least my OH had fun! won't happen for a while after baby is here ;)

Its the end of my due date day...all is quiet over here besides some pain and pressure. SIGH. I keep trying to reason with him but hes got his fingers in his ears going "LALALA I'm not listening!!!" :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Oh mapaco I totally understand what you mean about the rejection, my oh wont go near me because the baby is 'just there' !

He keeps explaining that he still finds me attractive but I feel so rejected :( think he's just freaked out about it. Tbh don't really want to dtd but it would be nice to feel wanted!

Have decided that if baby isn't here by tues then I don't want to have her until the 26th, somehow don't think it works like that lol

Piper101 wrote: »
    Oh mapaco I totally understand what you mean about the rejection, my oh wont go near me because the baby is 'just there' !

He keeps explaining that he still finds me attractive but I feel so rejected :( think he's just freaked out about it. Tbh don't really want to dtd but it would be nice to feel wanted!

its awful-i'm totally obsessed with the whole thing-i'm convinced hes gonna leave or cheat cos i look so deformed and may never look normal again!!!!
    really hope i'll look back on this and laugh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

its awful-i'm totally obsessed with the whole thing-i'm convinced hes gonna leave or cheat cos i look so deformed and may never look normal again!!!!

Dont stress Mapaco, we all feel sooooo unattractive right now. But things do go back and believe it or not you will turn around and say... awwwh i think i want to be pregnant again and have another baby and prob put yourself through this all over again. :D

Rachineire put "foalma" on your page (Feck off and leave me alone). Bad enough waiting and wondering without "Well any news?" status'.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Himself is out tonight and must have told him three times to have fun (but not too much fun) lol...............stupid pregnancy paranoia. :(

Yeah Im the same, men are meant to want to get up on anything so whats wrong with me :( nahhh we'll def look back on it and laugh

2am last night i start timing.....wind pains....one almighty parp and my 'labour' was over....:D
    classy...:P

2am last night i start timing.....wind pains....one almighty parp and my 'labour' was over....:D
    classy...:P
    LOL Ive done that one a few times!

was a the hospital early this morning...grrrr woke up at a little before 6 am and the baby was moving frantically in there...I've never seen anything like it and it was killing me and scaring me! he kept it up for about a half hour- I woke up my OH and we were watching him, waiting for him to settle- he would a bit if i got up but as soon as i sat back down, crazy jerking around and flip flopping. called the hospital and she said to come in- of course the ride in the car settled him some. They put me on a trace, he was moving, but nothing near to what he was doing at home. Sent me out in admissions after the trace, called me back in to talk to some goober consultant who was basically was like uh why are you here? everything is perfectly fine. so fupping dismissive. I was crying the entire drive home. He was saying to me everything is perfectly fine on this trace. I'm not sure why he was moving frantically, if he was. go home and get some rest.
    Like i really want to come into the hospital at 6am on a sunday morning if I didnt find anything unusual this late in my pregnancy?? UGHHH I am already SICK of these consultants! :mad::mad::mad:
    I have my appointment tomorrow morning- I asked about them scheduling an induction tomorrow morning and once again I got the standard "its 10 days after your due date business" and I was telling them I really dont want to wait until christmas I want to be brought in beforehand...I was brushed off with a "we'll see tomorrow".

seriously girls, its enough to make you want to punch someone.

Hi all,

Lots has happened my side....

Spent Fri night waking every hour in pain from the abscess on my tooth to rince with salty water. Woke at 6 to take my antibiotics and breakie. At 6.30am started getting contractions starting 2.20 mins apart. Within 20 mins they were only 1.5 mins apart.... I was in no doubt they were real as they hurt....

Taxi came and sped across the city even breaking red lights! (traffic was dead quiet thankfully).

Got to HS and was 2cm dilated. Within 1.5 hrs was 8 cm! Quick eh.... When time to push baby wasnt down fully and heart best dropping when I had a contraction. So with vac, about 5 good pushes, and a cut baby was out at 1.30. Turned out had cord on neck so this was why baby didn't want out. But they checked baby oxegan levels all the time and was high do didn't hurt baby. Baby boy came out crying. It was surreal!

Thx god for epidural... As I dilated do quick it was so painful until I got it :-)

So all well now. HS staff all lovely. Baby spends time sleeping. Can't believe it's happened and delighted I'll be home to get organised for Christmas

Hope everyone else well.

Aww congrtas SIpe:)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Congrats Sipe, pretty quick moving event for you, glad all is okay.

Had in-laws over today and I now feel full of baby talk, between talk of sweeps (whether they work), inductions (how can be more painful!), what date would the baby arrive, whats going to happen at Christmas etc. Feel a bit mentally drained from it all.

Discovered sneaky stretch marks on my side too! Here's me lashing on the bio oil on belly and ignoring anywhere else, darn it!

Does anyone feel bad about having their baby near Christmas? I feel for the poor baby having its birthday so close to Christmas, might be forgotten easily by family, friends?

no!
    My eldest is the 1st of January,next is 22nd and then me on the 26th!
    She prob gets more presents then she would otherwise because she sees relatives over christmas.

Congrats sipe!! I'm so happy for you- i know the baby was long-awaited since you were over due...even though your antibiotics didn't have a chance to fully kick in! I've heard that anti-biotics can induce labour actually!

I do feel bad about baby going to probably be born the week of christmas! Like hes always going to get the shaft for parties and presents. We decided that we will celebrate his half birthday instead in june and have a small family thing for him in december. It will be easier for everyone since christmas is such a busy time of year! My sister has her birthday in January and I always felt like she got the short end of the stick because everyone was so burnt out from the holidays and broke to boot! she gets given a lot of re-gifted stuff lol!

no movement still today. just took a walk...walking like i got off a horse though, pressure is unreal down there...kinda want to keep walking cause i feel like its helping me move things along but the weather is dismal!

• Advertisement

Irishrose1981 2nd- Born 19/11/12 Boy!
    Sipe- 7th- Born 15/12/12 Boy!
    mapaco 10th
    Scrgirl 14th- Born 09/12/12 Boy!
    Rachineire 15th- Boy
    Mrs Patser 17th- Born 07/12/12 Girl!
    Scrubber72- ??- Born 07/12/12 Girl!
    CeNedra 18th
    TeresaM- Dec 20th born 14/12/12 Boy!
    Xiwang 21st
    Funksoulsista 21st
    Piper101 27th
    Mel1 - 27th
    Jeni 28th
    Moonbeam 29th
    Princessa - 1st Jan (? early induction in Dec) -

looks like we have lots of little boys for december so far!!

Alright Mapaco, we are next...lets make it happen!

Advertisement