Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Dec 2012....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

Rach im doing a two week check up with my doc on thursday with babs and my bp, then he has another two week check on friday in the hospital and ive to get bloods done both appointments made by doc and hospital not me n then he has a hearing check in hospital on sat again, seems a bit much but i dont mind ;)

I still havnt heard from district nurse does anyone know have i to contact her or what happens ????

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

mel1 wrote: »
    Still waiting. 😕

Right beside you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

In Friday morning for induction. Had sweep done today at hosp app. Said thre was no softening or dilation so prob won't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

In Friday morning for induction. Had sweep done today at hosp app. Said thre was no softening or dilation so prob won't work.

good luck on friday!

any tips re nappies leaks? i've tried pampers huggies and boots all newborn size 1 as he is a weee scut! all of them leak huggues the worst pampers the least... any tips for getting the yellow stains out? soaked them in cold water then washed in whites cycle but stains remained... any product i should get or is it just elbow grease and a scrubbing brush? I will never get the time for that!!

scrgirl wrote: »

good luck on friday!

any tips re nappies leaks? i've tried pampers huggies and boots all newborn size 1 as he is a weee scut! all of them leak huggues the worst pampers the least... any tips for getting the yellow stains out? soaked them in cold water then washed in whites cycle but stains remained... any product i should get or is it just elbow grease and a scrubbing brush? I will never get the time for that!!

Huggies leak the whole time never liked those
    Have you tried folding the front of the nappy so it fits a bit better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Patser

Just showing off a bit!!!!

33ze911.jpg

2wc1cef.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

You poor thing *hugs*
    I don't even have an appointment back in hospital until the 8th.
    I will hopefully have had baby by then,I am begining to wonder if being pregnant is a figment of my imagination at this stage!!!
    I forgot to buy Gaviscon yesterday so treated myself to a 32 box today,oh the joys:)
    I can not eat much and most nice stuff is just making me feel worse.
    This better be the best baby in the world ever!!!!

Patser wrote: »
    Just showing off a bit!!!!

33ze911.jpg

2wc1cef.jpg

What a proud daddy and cute little girl! Congrats paster!

On the nappies the leaks are out around his skinny legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Sitting in hospital with my son asleep on my chest, born new years eve 10pm weighing 7lb 4oz. I'm in awe of him!!

Sitting in hospital with my son asleep on my chest, born new years eve 10pm weighing 7lb 4oz. I'm in awe of him!!

Aw congrats!! Any name yet? Did u go yourself in the end? It's the most beautiful feeling ever isn't it?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

scrgirl wrote: »
    Rach as far as I know gripe water is from one month. Colief was recommended to me aswell haven't needed it yet Tg as infacol seems to be doing the trick. I was wondering about routine too and from what I have read its ok not too worry too much until 6 weeks as they call the shots at first. But it all depends on who u talk to / read friends of mine did the contented little baby at 2 weeks old and swear by it. As I'm bf Miles sets the schedule in our house! I like dr sears attachment parenting approach but that's not for everyone either.

As for clothes have you tags off yet? Change for next size up? Or sell them in adverts and buy next size. I got a little hand knit cardi last week as a gift put Ito on him today and it just about fits. Such a Shame and waste.

I have to say my oh has been amazing, I know some people think men are left out when the mum breastfeeds but he has been so involved and so supportive and does everything around the house for me I have been so lucky to have him at home since miles was born, but tomorrow he is back at work. I'm so sad, it's the end of our babymoon snd reality for me tomorrow. Hope I manage.

Moonbeam and Mel good luck :) who else is left?

A month? ok sounds good! I worry about using this stuff too early and throwing him off! I forgot to call my doctor to schedule him for a two week appointment, he will be two weeks tomorrow i must call and see if im allowed to come in for a two weeks one!

The tags? well most of them that are new are gifts actually! I would feel really bad about trying to exchange or return a gift and I'm not sure where most of them come from besides the obvious f&f tag or penney's tag that I would be more familiar with! So I'm trying to squeeze him in what i can and taking pictures immediately with my phone for proof! lol I can't believe how much his little face has changed already! had some professional pictures done at 8 days old and just got them back today, its crazy how much changes in 6 days!

Ive decided to just feed him when and how much he wants...its just too early to try and set him on a schedule...I will worry about that after all my house guests go home and hes at least a month old! my OH has been amazing as well...our baby moon ended right after christmas...we only got a few days alone with baby but it was great! I havnt really had a day alone with baby yet and am a little intimidated by it, but also really looking forward to spending quality time getting to know him better and getting my roots down as a mom!

as far as leaky nappies go, we only had one or two small problems with the huggies right when he was first born...then used aldi nappies which we never had a single problem with and now have tried the boots ones which are awful! I had a huge nappy explosion this morning and there was more poo in his pants than the nappy! so those are definitely a no go for us and I will be trying to exchange the other two packs I have for pampers or something! Going to try the pampers I have tonight, hoping they work better but after we go through all of our newborn nappies I think i will be sticking with the aldi brand since they have done us the best out of all the brands so far!

I found that I can't use sudocrem on his little bum as it gives him blisters but the benpanthem is great!

Ah moonbeam and mel I feel for you ladies! I bet you are having a little boy moonbeam since he is going against all the trends for you! I hope you go really soon and dont have to wait until the 8th! I hope that sweep works for you mel, you never know you could even go naturally yourself! They had me booked in for thursday afternoon and I went naturally on wednesday and had him early thursday morning! Fingers crossed for you ladies!

Funksoulsista, Congrats!! delighted for you- had him on the very last day of december as well! What a great birthday for him, will always be a party on for him haha :D:D

Patser, thats so adorable! I love her little outfit and she is gorgeous!

I have to say I have been avoiding all mirrors and am hating all photos of myself since the baby. I feel bigger than I did pregnant! I mean, when i was pregnant I could say oh here, look its cause im 9 months pregnant, bump ect. Now it just looks like lumpy flab. :(:( Saw the family pictures from the photo shoot and I hate every single one of myself! sigh. Can't wait to get my own body back and stop feeling so self conscious!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Awh patser she's gorgeous!!! Well I'm also still waiting :( booked in for induction in the morning and I'll be 7 days over, kinda feel like asking them to wait until she's good and ready to come at this stage but sure we'll see what the lie of the land is tmrw. If the consultant tells me the cervix is still high and unfavourable (like he did on Monday) then I think I'll tell him to leave it rather than set myself up for an overly long and drawn out Induction

Good luck in the morning:-)

Piper101 wrote: »
    Awh patser she's gorgeous!!! Well I'm also still waiting :( booked in for induction in the morning and I'll be 7 days over, kinda feel like asking them to wait until she's good and ready to come at this stage but sure we'll see what the lie of the land is tmrw. If the consultant tells me the cervix is still high and unfavourable (like he did on Monday) then I think I'll tell him to leave it rather than set myself up for an overly long and drawn out Induction
    Best of luck in the morning, no matter what happens I hope all goes well for you and baby!!

Piper101 wrote: »

Best of luck. Let us know what you decided.

Never even got a cramp after the sweep, no bleeding, nothing. However i can only assume the my cervix was reachable with the pain i felt during the process even doe she said it wasn't softening she didn't say it wasn't in the right spot, what was i thinking that i didn't ask all these questions. I didn't even ask if it was engaged.

Am apprehensive about tomorrow, going to make myself busy by taking down the tree today. It was a long and boring Xmas. Ah well roll on next year.

Best of luck. Let us know what you decided.

Never even got a cramp after the sweep, no bleeding, nothing. However i can only assume the my cervix was reachable with the pain i felt during the process even doe she said it wasn't softening she didn't say it wasn't in the right spot, what was i thinking that i didn't ask all these questions. I didn't even ask if it was engaged.

Am apprehensive about tomorrow, going to make myself busy by taking down the tree today. It was a long and boring Xmas. Ah well roll on next year.

Sounds like my sweep hun, pain was horrible, but didnt have pain or show untill that night dont worry ;)
    Oh and babies head wasnt engaged either untill i was in labour on both my lo

Baba is here :)
    A little boy arrived this morning after a very short labour .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Baba is here :)
    A little boy arrived this morning after a very short labour .

Yay! Congrats - a boy as well, so exciting! Also, another short labour, your predictions were right :)

Congrats moonbeam glad it didn't last long for you. I must be the last one left so. Rage.
    In hospital now havin been induced twice already And no stir. Just don't think this child wants to come out.
    Ah well. Will be here soon.

Congrats moonbeam glad it didn't last long for you. I must be the last one left so. Rage.
    In hospital now havin been induced twice already And no stir. Just don't think this child wants to come out.
    Ah well. Will be here soon.
    Hugs
    You poor thing :(

• Advertisement

Aww Mel my deepest sympathies...I know how you must feel, so frustrated!! Fingers crossed baby will make a swift entrance! Wonder about piper??

And a huge congrats to Moonbeam!!! Delighted for you, so happy you have your little man here...how great for your girls to have a little brother! How fast was the labor??

My second round of guests are here...dropped my mom off at the airport upstairs at security and walked downstairs and met my dad and stepmom who were waiting for me!! Oy!!!!

Wohoo congrats moonbeam
    ;)

Congrats moonbeam! Good luck Mel. I know that feeling I had 3 rounds of those gels waiting to go.. Feels like an eternity. But at least once you do go into labour it will be swift.

Congratulations moonbeam :) and mel1 hang on in there...baby fiadh arrived Thursday night by emergency csection, 8 lbs 4 oz, chuffed to bits with her!!!

Went in to be induced thurs morn and had my waters broken, by thurs evening I had spiked a raging temperature and baby's heart rate did not like that at all so rush to the OR for me. Can honestly say it was a positive experience overall despite the intervention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Congrats moonbeam!!! A little boy, how wonderful!

Piper101 congrats on your daughter! I love the name. It's at the top of our list if we have a girl.

Wow lots of babies in the last few days. Well done to all the mammies!

Congrats piper.
    So I think that actually does make me last. In hospital three days. Have had all the gels they will give me. Cervix still hard and completely tight. One more exam to have today if there no progress I will have to have a cection tomorrow or next day.
    Didn't really want that but not too worried. Dr said I have cervix made of cast iron.

Aww, I keep checking for your updates .
    At least the end is in sight for you.

Congrats piper.
    So I think that actually does make me last. In hospital three days. Have had all the gels they will give me. Cervix still hard and completely tight. One more exam to have today if there no progress I will have to have a cection tomorrow or next day.
    Didn't really want that but not too worried. Dr said I have cervix made of cast iron.
    That's mad Mel. It's not your first is it? Which is suprising as I heard most second timers don't even need the gels they just get ARM straight away. I had all the gels too and was told it would be a section the next day if it didn't move but the next morn it had just opened enough for arm so I was spared the section. Hopefully the same goes for u u poor thing. Best of luck with however it goes you seen very relaxed which is great to have that attitude. X

Any luck mel? It's mad how this time last week I was moaning that everyone kept asking me and now here I am asking you!

Sitting at home in my bed having just fed the love of my life. Just got back from the hospital today and the oh made me go for a nap earlier and I was bawling about how beautiful she is and how I missed her already lol I think by having this baby I have set myself up for a lifetime of heartache :)

How are the breast feeding mamas doing? Tbh I'm finding it pretty stressful as she prefers to sleep through the day and it's nearly impossible to keep her awake long enough to get a feed in and she's awake along night from about 7 pm.

• Advertisement

Breast feeding is extremely stressful and painful and often just awful but also lovely when they are all snuggled in to you :-)

If you cool them down to feed them it normally works if they are sleepy ,taking trousers or baby gro off them is what I usually do .

Advertisement