Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Due Dec 2012....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭irishrose1981

has anyone had any nose bleeds during there pregnancy just ive had them twice so far,not sure if it is or isnt part of the pregnancy but hate getting them out of the blue.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

My 18 month old just ran up to me patting her belly saying baba bump and the 3 year old has her teddy up her jumper as her baba bump. I can not stop laughing:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Moonbeam wrote: »
    My 18 month old just ran up to me patting her belly saying baba bump and the 3 year old has her teddy up her jumper as her baba bump. I can not stop laughing:)

Thats so funny moonbeam, had a good laugh imagining that in my mind!

Irishrose I've read a lot that nosebleeds can be very common in pregnancy....hope it stops happening- that can be very irritating!

Yeah the skin thing has been one of my biggest complaints, which I guess means I can't complain too much! I just wish my back would cop on already!!

so is anyone else planning on finding out the sex of the baby?

Rachineire wrote: »
    Thats so funny moonbeam, had a good laugh imagining that in my mind!

Irishrose I've read a lot that nosebleeds can be very common in pregnancy....hope it stops happening- that can be very irritating!

Yeah the skin thing has been one of my biggest complaints, which I guess means I can't complain too much! I just wish my back would cop on already!!

so is anyone else planning on finding out the sex of the baby?

im asking in sept.

been down most of this week,has anyone felt down,im 25 weeks on thursday n just feel down maybe cos i had a tiff with my sis n the odd bro inlaw n person taken the piss out of me saying ( i think uve eat to much cake there ect) it was all said as well when i was pregnant on my daughter to i know there only messing but when u feel down as it is thats the last thing u need, hubbie was messing i said something n i pushd him away from me when he tryd to kiss me after saying it,i know there all messing but hurts all the same.just hope i feel better soon.

also has anyones chest bone been sore with ur insides been pushd up im very sore at night on left side i know its all part of the pregnancy but by god does it hurt at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Haven't posted in a while but still hanging in
    there...glad to see everyone is doing pretty good in general. Bump is coming along nicely I'm almost 21 weeks. Have to wait till sept to find out the sex cause the oh is working abroad and I said I'd wait for him to be here before finding out. Yes to the spots as well! Up until about a week ago my skin was the best it's been in years now my chin is a spotty oily mess!!

Went for a wander around mothercare today and feeling particularly overwhelmed...haven't really bought anything for the baby yet, all I have are a couple of things my little sis couldn't resist buying and an NYPD babygrow my mam and dad brought back from new York! Really don't know where to begin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭Patser

Also haven't posted in a while but again just a little update - we had our 21 week scan last week, all looking normal:) Didn't ask the sex but I think I know from what I seen.

Other than that I think I'm slowly working my way into the doghouse by insisting that if it is a boy we'll name him Setanta, since he'll be a Christmas baby. Yep, I think Setanta Klaus has a great ring to it!!!:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

lol
    I love it:)

Nollaig is a possibility for us:)
    I have a new years day baby so a christmas day baby would be a nice match!

Patser wrote: »
    Also haven't posted in a while but again just a little update - we had our 21 week scan last week, all looking normal:) Didn't ask the sex but I think I know from what I seen.

Other than that I think I'm slowly working my way into the doghouse by insisting that if it is a boy we'll name him Setanta, since he'll be a Christmas baby. Yep, I think Setanta Klaus has a great ring to it!!!:D

We love Setanta and it was number 1 choice until my parents heard it and put a downer on it, i got the sports channel and our local school quoted at me...I still love it though! I kinda agreed to his dads name a few weeks ago and now completely regretting it, want him to have to be his own person with his own name. Oh and no I don't know it's def a boy, just a feeling I have!

Its so great hearing about everyone's anomoly scans and finding out the sex!

I booked our 3d scan for next week- I will only be 24 weeks but for me its more to find out the sex and see the baby. I have another scan at 31 weeks and I didnt want the two scans to be so close together. I'm very excited to think that this time next week we will have seen baby!

I was able to go to the docs today as well (finally! only took me 2 or 3 tries....ugh i hate my gp sometimes!) and got to hear the heartbeat. I love hearing it! I feel like there should be more things checked than just a feel of the tummy and a blodd pressure check. I donno, I guess im looking for more information? I feel so left out in the dark I learn so much more here on boards or by baby websites than from my doctor! How does everyone else's appointments go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

Hi all. So i had my 2o week scan and everything with the baby is perfect thankfully! However my placenta is a bit low so they want to check it moves up as the uterus expands (this is what normally happens, in unusual cases it doesn't and it is known as placenta praevia) at 32 weeks I will have another scan to see if it has moved into the right position. If it has not I will be brought in for a caesarean before my due date. So hopefully as my bump grows and rises up my placenta will move with it. Has anyone heard of this before or known anyone to have the same experience? Baby is going great and very active! I love how it feels. I feel great and love my bump bought first maternity clothes yesterday as nothing fits anymore! Oh we didn't ask the sex btw. Looking forward to a surprise. I have no clue or hunch wether its a boy or girl. Will have to wait and see :)

was very sick last night n sore all on my right side as the baby was lying all on that side all the time n no matter what i eat the past week or two is repeteing on me a lot,n last night showd it as i was sick n sore most of the night.anyone else have this yet, im 25 weeks now,i know alot of this is cos the baby is pushing everything up into my chest as he/she is getting bigger n needs more room but by god it can hurt n the pain comes out of the blue,feel fine now since it happend just tired so had a shower n feel much better now,hope everyone is doing fine,n girls if u have had this just so u know is all part of ur pregnancy n the baby needs more room thats why ur sore n hope no one is in too much pain with there pregnancy.

Hope your feeling better irishrose!

I have heard of placenta previa scrgirl and it does not sound fun at all! Hopefully everything moves into the right place for you in the next couple of weeks! I have no clue where mine is at- Should the GP be able to tell by feel or is that something they can't tell until they see it in a scan? Also I don't know how you can stand the suspense! I can't wait to find out what we are having (fingers crossed we can find out!!) :D

We have our big 3d scan tomorrow. I'm hoping that I'm not being too impatient and we get a good view of baby! I couldn't sleep last night very well at all since I was getting kicks and wiggles until well after 3 from baby...then I woke up around 5 because my hands were hugely swollen! I had to take off my wedding rings as I was afraid they were going to cut of all my circulation!

I have to say I've been in maternity pants for a while now. My stepmom sent me a bunch of maternity clothes right after we found out we were pregnant. I found the belly band to be annoying and I was adjusting it too often so as soon as my jeans started to get really uncomfortable I just went to the maternity jeans. They are over the bump ones and I think they are so comfortable...I will definitely miss them after I have baby haha! :o

My anomaly scan is on Wednesday:)
    I am in maternity clothes for weeks now and look about 10 weeks further on then I am by evening!!
    Rachineire - so excited for you:) All pregnancies are brilliant but there is nothing like the nerves and excitment of the 1st one:)

Hope your feeling better irishrose!

I have heard of placenta previa scrgirl and it does not sound fun at all! Hopefully everything moves into the right place for you in the next couple of weeks! I have no clue where mine is at- Should the GP be able to tell by feel or is that something they can't tell until they see it in a scan? Also I don't know how you can stand the suspense! I can't wait to find out what we are having (fingers crossed we can find out!!) :D

We have our big 3d scan tomorrow. I'm hoping that I'm not being too impatient and we get a good view of baby! I couldn't sleep last night very well at all since I was getting kicks and wiggles until well after 3 from baby...then I woke up around 5 because my hands were hugely swollen! I had to take off my wedding rings as I was afraid they were going to cut of all my circulation!

I have to say I've been in maternity pants for a while now. My stepmom sent me a bunch of maternity clothes right after we found out we were pregnant. I found the belly band to be annoying and I was adjusting it too often so as soon as my jeans started to get really uncomfortable I just went to the maternity jeans. They are over the bump ones and I think they are so comfortable...I will definitely miss them after I have baby haha! :o
    Yes what I have heard about placenta praevia scares the life out of me but the scan lady and midwife reassured me that it's quite common at this stage to be low only 10% go on to remain low at 32 weeks so fingers crossed im in the 90%. Im pretty sure it's only by scan it can be identified as they are bringing me back at 32 weeks to find out its position. I'll just have to put it out of my mind untill then. :/

ah yeah rachineire im doing fine now thank you,just this heat at night is killing at night that i cant really sleep,is anyone else having trubble sleeping due to the heat or there hibs are sore the odd time due to there insides been pushd up into ur chest,but at least we all know are babys are doing well when all this is happening to us all.

ah yeah rachineire im doing fine now thank you,just this heat at night is killing at night that i cant really sleep,is anyone else having trubble sleeping due to the heat or there hibs are sore the odd time due to there insides been pushd up into ur chest,but at least we all know are babys are doing well when all this is happening to us all.

I find the heat to be a lot as well! Normally I love to be really warm when I'm sleeping, but I find it overwhelming right now when I'm trying to sleep

scrgirl I hope everything moves into place for you! fingers crossed- I hear placenta previa is a pretty uncommon thing!

We got our 3D scan done yesterday- it was great! baby was moving so so much! It was hard to get a non-blurry picture of his face! and yes, we found out the sex...its a little boy!! A big surprise for us as I was so sure that I was having a girl! Now i need to return a few things haha! I already bought a few cute outfits at TKMaxx as it helped me wrap my head around having a little boy :)

now we just have the task of figuring out a name...no clue what we will name him!! :rolleyes:

No problem sleeping here but to looking after a 1,2 and 3 year old all day:)

Aww, Rachineire Congrats:) I have heard the 3d scans are amazing.

I had my anomaly scan today -and all is good:) I did not find out gender as it is the least of my worries:)

Delighted everyone's scans are going well :) mines on Friday and I'm terrified....

Anyone interested in a bump survey???

I'll start anyway, measured today and I'm 38 inches around, that's 13 inches bigger than pre pregnancy!!! That and an 18 lb weight gain so far I'm fecked come the end!! Lol

• Advertisement

Ps yes I'm sleeping although was awake for an hour last night at about 3am with the travelling itches aagghhhh!

we used to measure the bump by squares of tissue paper:)
    Wrap it around your bump and count the pieces:)
    I will measure tomorrow:)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

LOVE the toilet tissue method, which brings me to 8 at the start of month 6.

Belly measures 110 cm (43 inches) around, that's about 20 cm bigger than pre-pregnancy, with a weight gain of approx. 7 kg (15 lb) so far! I feel massive and find it hard to imagine that this is only the start of it in terms of belly growth ...

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

had my scan today,was really cool, everything was perfect ;)
    ive lost weight since i got pregnant, same happened on my first,

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Hi all,

Havent been on in a while, we were away on our babymoon! Can no more afford it but we both needed a break!

Feeling quite tired again this week, have been having restless nights for some reason, maybe the heat?

Babs is kicking away, feels like kung fu chops sometimes love it ha ha!!

Starting to do a list of what we need to get, have got nada so far, getting a loan of moses basket and travel system (apart from the part with the wheels, hope we can buy that somewhere?) and some other things too. How are you all getting along with your purchases?

Started antenatal classes so that was good to get your head around things, although the first class seemed to cover all the health problems you can get, bit of a negative side to things but needs to be covered!

Anyway hope everyone is doing well, its really flying by isnt it, feels like time is running away on me!

Hey Ladies and bumps

No clue what my pre-pregnancy measurements were but all i know is that im much bigger!! no hope of my other pants fitting! Infact, since I had the scan tuesday I've gotten noticabley bigger!! I went to lunch with a girlfriend yesterday and she said when she walked up to me that she nearly didn't recognize me my stomach had gotten so much bigger in two days :eek:

Just weighed myself as well- how depressing haha! I've gained a little over a stone since my first trimester....well if that doesn't motivate me to eat a little healthier!

Went to penney's yesterday and picked up a somewhat baggy dress to wear with tights and a sweater...hoping I can just get away with picking up small bits like that here and there until baby comes because I can't stand the thought of only having one or two pairs ofpants to wear or of buying more pants than that haha!

We have gotten most of the big stuff ourselves. We dont really have anyone to pass much to us and we figured we might as well pick it up as we had the money and now we are just going to wait and see what family and friends will get us (hoping for small bits like clothes) and then we will fill in the gaps! I was planning on buying a graco swing/bouncer! Looks super handy and I figure i can keep it downstairs for baby to sleep in during the day? Thats how its normally done in the states as far as i can remember....

anybody have any reccomendations of things they found super useful or things that others have told them are must buys?

• Advertisement

Hi all,

Havent been on in a while, we were away on our babymoon! Can no more afford it but we both needed a break!

Feeling quite tired again this week, have been having restless nights for some reason, maybe the heat?

Babs is kicking away, feels like kung fu chops sometimes love it ha ha!!

Starting to do a list of what we need to get, have got nada so far, getting a loan of moses basket and travel system (apart from the part with the wheels, hope we can buy that somewhere?) and some other things too. How are you all getting along with your purchases?

Started antenatal classes so that was good to get your head around things, although the first class seemed to cover all the health problems you can get, bit of a negative side to things but needs to be covered!

Anyway hope everyone is doing well, its really flying by isnt it, feels like time is running away on me!

i know what you mean the time is flying by ive my 7th month scan coming up soon on the 17th of sept,we're asking if its a girl or a boy,myself hubbie n my daughter wanna know what it is but we're not getting any pinks or blues in n ive told everyone not to as well till the baby is born,if they do there in trubble if they do,i even have the god parents pickd out my sister n her hubbie as the god parents they were told when i found out i was pregnant that id like them to be the god parents there over the moon,still have lots to get in for the baby.

Had my 22 week anomaly scan today, very emotional finally copped that there's an actual baby in there, got a gorgeous 3d pic of the little face as well, still welling up!

jeni wrote: »
    had my scan today,was really cool, everything was perfect ;)
    ive lost weight since i got pregnant, same happened on my first,

You've most weight??? You lucky lucky thing!!! Great news on you're scan :)

Piper101 wrote: »
    Had my 22 week anomaly scan today, very emotional finally copped that there's an actual baby in there, got a gorgeous 3d pic of the little face as well, still welling up!

Isn't it amazing? seeing the little face makes it so much more real! It was hitting me today at work that i have a little person inside of me...made me feel so much more connected to him!

Happy that everyone has been having thier scans and all is well....time is really flying! 25 weeks tomorrow!! I cant believe its the end of august as well.....is it just me or is time speeding up??

Hey Ladies and bumps

No clue what my pre-pregnancy measurements were but all i know is that im much bigger!! no hope of my other pants fitting! Infact, since I had the scan tuesday I've gotten noticabley bigger!! I went to lunch with a girlfriend yesterday and she said when she walked up to me that she nearly didn't recognize me my stomach had gotten so much bigger in two days :eek:

Just weighed myself as well- how depressing haha! I've gained a little over a stone since my first trimester....well if that doesn't motivate me to eat a little healthier!

Went to penney's yesterday and picked up a somewhat baggy dress to wear with tights and a sweater...hoping I can just get away with picking up small bits like that here and there until baby comes because I can't stand the thought of only having one or two pairs ofpants to wear or of buying more pants than that haha!

We have gotten most of the big stuff ourselves. We dont really have anyone to pass much to us and we figured we might as well pick it up as we had the money and now we are just going to wait and see what family and friends will get us (hoping for small bits like clothes) and then we will fill in the gaps! I was planning on buying a graco swing/bouncer! Looks super handy and I figure i can keep it downstairs for baby to sleep in during the day? Thats how its normally done in the states as far as i can remember....

anybody have any reccomendations of things they found super useful or things that others have told them are must buys?

Don't know about letting baby's sleep in a bouncer all the time Hun, I remember hearing that your not supposed to let baba sleep in a car seat for too long as its not good for their backs, that it's better to let them lay flat, don't take that as gospel now I could be wrong, and there was many a time my lil one slept in her swing ;)

On my first I used to let her sleep in her buggy that lay down flat, down stairs, and then Moses basket upstairs, just so she knew the difference between night and day

• Advertisement

Babys sleep a lot during the day and once the bouncer goes flat it should be ok for a nap but you can use your pram or travel cot too.

yeah i find the entire what can baby sleep in during the day thing to be slightly confusing! We are planning to use our carrycot as a moses basket (its the uppababy one so its approved for overnight sleeping and we are going to buy the moses basket frame seperate) but I wanted something else besides the carrycot that baby could take little naps in. I must ask a few friends in the states if they do ever let thier babies sleep in them. I'm pretty sure they do recline flat for daysleeping I can't be 100% sure though (baby brain) but surely if the baby fell asleep in the swing I won't be picking him straight out to put him in the cot haha! :)

I used to bring the bouncer everywhere with us.
    To peoples houses,restaurants and let her play and nap in it. She loved it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭mugbags

I'm sadly signing out of the December club, lost my baby girl last week at 22+5 due to high temperature caused by a UTI. Will miss checking up on everybodys progress but am finding it too painful at the moment. May feel brave enough after a while. All the best to everyone, hope you will pray for us, it's been a tough week and will remain tough for some time to come xxx

mugbags wrote: »
    I'm sadly signing out of the December club, lost my baby girl last week at 22+5 due to high temperature caused by a UTI. Will miss checking up on everybodys progress but am finding it too painful at the moment. May feel brave enough after a while. All the best to everyone, hope you will pray for us, it's been a tough week and will remain tough for some time to come xxx

So so sorry to hear that:( I did not even know that it was possible.
    *huge hugs*

im so so sorry hun, i know words wont help right now, my thoughts go out to you, stay strong but dont be afraid to let it all out, xxxx

Mugbags so sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you. Sincere condolences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭Patser

Mugbags - sincere condolences. Hope you egt all the support you need to see you through.

mugbags, I'm so so sorry for you loss. Will keep you and your family in my thoughts. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Mugbags so very sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you, your family and your angel in heaven.

• Advertisement

Got such a fright when I read about mugsbags lasts night that I couldn't post, im so so sorry, my heart goes out to you, I can't imagine how hard it is, take care of yourself x

very very sorry for your loss mugbags, hope you will get a lot of support and find a lot of strength in this sad time

I can finally see the little kicks:) it was after drinking cold fizzy orange but still:)

aww moonbeam that is great :)

I can see them every now and then, but the other day I had to eat chocolate to make baba dance and OH was able to feel it for the first time (I still have to call it dancing, it just doesn't feel like actual kicking).

I can see them every so often as well! its more like my stomach jumps than anything! my OH hasnt felt anything yet really...they dont seem consistant enough. As soon as he puts his hands on my stomach little baby quiets up!

where is everyone in the maternity benefit process?

Baby went calm instantly when daddy's hand went to the belly for weeks, we were trying often and the only time it worked was with the chocolate trick.

Re the maternity benefit process, I have the form more or less filled out apart from the section for the GP, am 24 weeks today and going to keep my 24 week appointment to the end of the week so that he can fill it out while I'm there and I don't have to go there twice. Called their helpline yesterday because I needed some info re a few questions and your one on the phone was rather unfriendly, avoid calling if you can just to not get a mother-to-be arrrgh moment ;)

xiwang wrote: »
    Baby went calm instantly when daddy's hand went to the belly for weeks, we were trying often and the only time it worked was with the chocolate trick.

Re the maternity benefit process, I have the form more or less filled out apart from the section for the GP, am 24 weeks today and going to keep my 24 week appointment to the end of the week so that he can fill it out while I'm there and I don't have to go there twice. Called their helpline yesterday because I needed some info re a few questions and your one on the phone was rather unfriendly, avoid calling if you can just to not get a mother-to-be arrrgh moment ;)

thats good! I'm starting to get a little nervous about it! I sent my forms off to HR at work a month ago and still havn't gotten them back :( I'm 25 weeks now and want to go to my doctor and get it all sorted. I have a few documents I have to get certified to send off with it as well so im nervous that i wont get it sent off in time! money is the last thing i want to be worrying about at christmas with a new baby and my family coming overseas to visit us!

thanks for the advice, I definitely won't give them a call then haha! Based on every experience i've had with the health board and social welfare I wouldn't imagine they would be very congratulatory or helpful! I was thinking of dropping into citizens information, they always seem to be efficent if nothing else!

I am self employed so I should get a move on.
    Need to print it and get it signed by the Doc.

If you sent the stuff to HR you should be fine, just try and give someone in HR a little reminder, as in you're going to see your doctor next week and would like him to fill out his part, maybe that'll make them hurry up a bit (it might be they did not realise someone else has to do something with it, too).

But I defo would not panic at this point, you have loads of time left because you only need to send it in 6 weeks before you want to take your leave, so you have about a month or so left to sort out having the other stuff certified. I'm self-employed so I need to send mine in 12 weeks before my leave, which really doesn't leave a lot of time, basically have to send mine off on Monday at the latest.

Moonbeam, are you sending a Notice of Assessment AND the P35 with it? Do you think I can get away with only sending the Notice of Assessment (no idea where and how to obtain the P35, it is my understanding that I send it to Revenue and they keep it)?

• Advertisement

im so sorry to hear of ur loss mugbags.

Advertisement