Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Dec 2012....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭irishrose1981

so much to do n get in,still have no pram ect in for the baby n due in four months time think the stress is starting to show now,didnt think id become pregnant again n got read of it all now its all hands on to try n get this stuff in b4 i give birth,will get there in the end.over the moon that i did become pregnant again.cant wait to see the baby on the scan in sept n then when i give birth.

our baby must of been playing games last night n this morning running around like mad in my tummie,lol, he/she is asleep now by the looks of it the doc n all are right babys are awake more at night than during the day n the little kicks ah god there so soft n the odd one you will feel when your tummie gets hard,ur tummie wont always be hard sometimes its soft n thats when you can get the odd kick too,love getting the little kicks,dont think our baby will be a big baby doesnt feel like it at all.

no rachineire not at all just sore the odd time like as if i hit it off something n didnt notice it at all it more my middle finger that hurts but hope it goes soon.

tiredness is back felt down for no reason n just not myself,but really tired lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

tiredness is back felt down for no reason n just not myself,but really tired lately.

How are you feeling now? Are you taking any supplements perhaps?

Pretty sure I started feeling movement over the weekend!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

I went last week and had my check up with GP. Asked about iron tabs and was told for the first pregnancy that I don't need them! Surprised me as it seems that everyone is on them.

I have been feeling movement for about 2 weeks now. Some days more than others- like yesterday i could feel baby flopping around lots (i dont know if i would call them kicks as such yet!) and today, just in the evening I have felt more movement. Its always really low in my abdomen. Nothing near my belly button yet! I still always jump a bit when it happens. :)

rachineire my doc didnt put me on any iron tabs,told me i didnt need them either n was told it can stop you going to the loo,plus ur bloods are fine everything is so you dont need it,so i askd a sec doc n he said the same thing too. was in bits this morning baby got me in the ribs whatever way he/she moved had me crying it hurt me so much n baby kicking like mad,sometimes i feel hugh even tho im not its only cos the baby is moving around again n pushing my tummie out.

no supplements funksoulsista but getting there feeling the odd time down in the dumps n all but its all part of the pregnancy.hope ur pregnancy is going well.

Irishrose is this your first baby as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭mugbags

mugbags wrote: »
    Woohoooo! Our first baby due December 18th! Visited emergency GP at 13 weeks with severe abdominal pains, she said my fundal measurement was more like 20 weeks and sent me to hospital for a scan, all was well though. Diagnosed bladder infection :( better now though :) Had my 14 week checkup last week with my usual GP and when she used the doppler she could hear 2 separate heartbeats, a strong one on the left and a more faint one on the right :0 She picked out the placenta sound first higher up so wasn't confusing it as another baby. She asked if there are twins in the family (there are!) Could baby #2 have been hiding during the scan??? Have read that this can happen but REALLY?? Can't wait til my next scan in a month's time!

Had 19 week scan today, just a singleton! Had convinced ourselves there would be two but not disappointed as I know one will be easier to cope with!

• Advertisement

Rachineire wrote: »

no this is my second baby rachineire

no this is my second baby rachineire
    Oh a second brilliant! You've done this once before then! :) how does this pregnancy compare with the first one?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Expecting The Unexpected

mugbags wrote: »
    Woohoooo! Our first baby due December 18th! Visited emergency GP at 13 weeks with severe abdominal pains, she said my fundal measurement was more like 20 weeks and sent me to hospital for a scan, all was well though. Diagnosed bladder infection :( better now though :) Had my 14 week checkup last week with my usual GP and when she used the doppler she could hear 2 separate heartbeats, a strong one on the left and a more faint one on the right :0 She picked out the placenta sound first higher up so wasn't confusing it as another baby. She asked if there are twins in the family (there are!) Could baby #2 have been hiding during the scan??? Have read that this can happen but REALLY?? Can't wait til my next scan in a month's time!

Hi,

I was at my doctor last friday for a check up and am 9 weeks. He said he could hear 2 heartbeats possibly???? (using the doppler) and to ask the hospital to check for twins. One was to the left of my belly button at 145 and the other to the very right of my stomach at 178. I was wondering what was your placentas heartbeat?(if that makes sense?) Both myself and my husband have twins in our family and I am spending my whole time wondering if twins or not!! I have a private scan booked for next week as my own one is not due for another few weeks and couldnt wait.

EDIT: Just saw your post above. I think this is probably the case with us as well. But just killing me trying to figure it out!!

Oh a second brilliant! You've done this once before then! :) how does this pregnancy compare with the first one?

well rachineire i felt movement earlyer than when i was pregnant on my daughter n morning sickness got on n off this time round n didnt finish till round 17 weeks,unlike when i was pregnant on my daughter the morning sickness stopd at 12 or 13 weeks,plus im more sore this time round than when i was pregnant on my daughter i wasnt as sore,just ive noticed the odd thing that i have this time round than when i was pregnant on my daughter,but its all worth it in the end rachineire,im doing great the past two days not sore or tired or anything feel great,hope your pregnancy is going well for you.

Hi,

I was at my doctor last friday for a check up and am 9 weeks. He said he could hear 2 heartbeats possibly???? (using the doppler) and to ask the hospital to check for twins. One was to the left of my belly button at 145 and the other to the very right of my stomach at 178. I was wondering what was your placentas heartbeat?(if that makes sense?) Both myself and my husband have twins in our family and I am spending my whole time wondering if twins or not!! I have a private scan booked for next week as my own one is not due for another few weeks and couldnt wait.

EDIT: Just saw your post above. I think this is probably the case with us as well. But just killing me trying to figure it out!!

i have heard that if there is twins on either side of the family there is a good chance its twins,i think your doing the right thing getting a private scan to see for sure,either why you'll have a lovely baby or two lovely babys.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭mugbags

Hi,

The two heartbeats my doc found with the doppler were about 145 and 160 bpm but they were quite far apart on my tummy and almost at bellybutton level although the one on the left was a bit lower than the one on the right. The placenta sound was completely different and was much higher up, it sounded like a hurricane blowing compared to the galloping horses hooves sound of the heartbeats. I told the consultant at the scan on tuesday and he very quickly (for about 10 seconds) swiped the scanner all over and said 'I can only see one for today!' To be honest, I'm still not convinced that there's only one:confused: I know somebody else who is due with her second the day before I'm due with my first and she's almost flat as a pancake while my bump is huge! I'm having the anomaly scan in a couple of weeks and am still half expecting another little head to pop up! I'm just starting to feel movements this week and they are on the right side which according to the scan is where baba's head is so he/she must be headbutting me rather than kicking. We also have twins on both sides

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

Hello ladies and bumps, haven't been in the December threat in a while, hope everyone is doing well.

Expecting The Unexpected, Mugbags, I hope for you you get to find out if there are more hiding there soon!

I had a lovely holiday and am proper recharged now, holiday was almost symptom free, which was great. I do get good movement pretty much every day now and it no longer feels like hunger :p

I went to the ante natal clinic on Wednesday for an appointment that was scheduled in May and I was told there was no such appointment. I even had the letter with me, and they still insisted there was no appointment, but was offered to wait for about 4 to 5 hours until everybody else was seen to. You can imagine how upset I was, really had to hold myself together - I mean I was looking forward to that appointment since the second week of May.

The reason they cancelled the appointment, they informed me, was because I was a private patient - I had hoped this would finally be sorted now, since my GP said he'd sort it out for me at the end of June. Apparently the EPU made the appointment without informing my GP, and whoever thought to cancel it did it without informing me.

My GP almost got angry at me because he said I didn't inform him about that, but I'm pretty sure it did because it was the first appointment that was scheduled and all the others (that admittedly said were referred from the GP) only came after that, which was when I first got suspicious there might be something wrong. But he was good enough about it, telling me how to conduct my phone marathon today, who to call and what to ask, since it is out of his hand if the EPU starts meddling with appointments without letting others in on it.

I am scheduled for a scan today, this was arranged back when I was in the system unknowingly as a private patient by mistake, but was confirmed as a public appointment on the phone yesterday, so I just hope it really really takes place and nobody cancels it away from me for whatever reason they can come up with this time.

I am very irrationally upset and anxious about this scan today, the last two days were so upsetting because I really thought this whole mixup was finally sorted, and although I am really looking forward to seeing the little one (and possibly find out if it's a little boy or a little girl), I am really scared it is going to be cancelled again. Another two hours until I can ring people to confirm things for me (prescribed by the GP even)...

Wow expecting and mugbags I would be bursting at the seams waiting for a scan to see if there were one or two in there!! best of luck!!

Irishrose, im glad evreything has been going well for you with the second pregnancy as well! I wonder if they will give you iron later on as it is your second? Everything has been going well so far with me. sleeping is getting a little uncomfortable now but its still ok for the time being! I'm also feeling lots of movement and its starting to move up as well! Starting to feel a little bit here and there close to my belly button!

Xiwang I feel so bad for you! How frustrating! And I would be so upset with my doctor if he was the one to mess things up in the first place and to dare get frustrated with you! gah!! I think i would have cried my little eyes out!! I hope things get sorted for you ASAP and you get your scan today! fingers crossed for you!

Thanks Rachineire, it helped!

Although the calls in the morning were frustrating (we didn't get your GP's letter) the scan went ahead and by now it really seems to be all sorted. I am seeing the same obstetrician, just in a different place which turns out to be more convenient for us to get to as well.

But more importantly, the scan, awww :D We have a 'very happy' baby according to the scan technician, it seems to be daddy through and through, refusing any opportunity to be caught on camera, so we didn't get a clear shot and no idea* about gender but a lot of dancing, waving and high 5ing going on. The legs are so long they put me 1.5 weeks ahead, but the daddy and my dad are both very tall so that seems to be coming through.

Weighing 10oz (286g) at 19+2 days, sounds big to me compared to what I have read in the books, but the technician said it was all very healthy, very well developing and the due date remains as is now that she's seen the dad, lol.

*OH thinks he saw that it is a boy but for some reason neither of us asked the technician, although we thought we wanted to find out

I'm glad you got your scan! I would have been one unhappy pregnant lady if on top of all that mess I didn't get to see the baby as well!
    And a happy baby, sounds so cute! A little boy as well, exciting...I can't believe we are at the stage that we can find out sex!
    Do you think you could call and maybe try and talk to the technician and find out if they saw which sex it was for sure and just forgot to say it to you?

We dont have another scan until october (:eek:) and I just cannot wait that long. I'm dying to be able to pick out the right colors for clothing and start seriously thinking of some names (also all my family overseas is starting to give us some pressure as to finding out the sex...bah!) We are planning on doing a 3D scan closer to the end of august and hopefully finding out what little baby is! Does anyone know of any good scanning places in or around limerick/limerick county that won't cost a fortune? We had some friends get thiers done and it was 200...thats ok but wouldnt mind paying a little less if possible!

Also plenty of movement (especially when I'm eating!) but its definitely not consistant yet or hard enough for my OH to feel anything. I start getting a little nervous when I have days that I hardly feel baby at all...if its not one thing its another right? :D

And thankfully no heartburn yet (knock on wood!!) and no swelling yet beyond a little in my hands. (knock on wood again!) I am starting to find sleeping at night more uncomfortable though. not a great side sleeper, pillow helps but I wake up pretty much everytime I want to turn over. I guess it takes some adjusting!

• Advertisement

October is very long away, but that being said I have no idea when I get my next scan, could be just as long really. I really didn't think this would happen but I honestly have no urge to find out exactly if OH is right or not at this stage, I sort of feel that if I was to know the gender baby would have been in a more obvious position.

I'm not a big fan of gender-coloured prams or cots anyway, and two of my friends already told me not to buy a thing because they had a boy and a girl each and are dying to give stuff to me, so it seems I have a full wardrobe waiting for baby in either case.

I am to see my obstetrician tomorrow, who knows what is going to happen there, last time he did run a scan altough I just had been scanned, but then again that might have been his private treatment. I'm really interested in seeing the difference tomorrow lol.

I have reached week 20 today and baby is moving like mad, never was so active in a single day before!

I don't see the point in gender colored prams either! We actually got ours in a light blue color but it would work for boy or girl!
    That's so great you've been feeling lots of movements! Some days I barely feel any some days lots of wiggles...always down low sometimes a little higher but not often! I wonder if my placenta is towards the front since I don't seem to feel a lot? Maybe I'm paranoid haha!!

Would be great if your gp did another scan!! Mine doesn't have the equipment! October is a long time to wait! We are thinking of going in the next two weeks or so for the 3d scan....we are getting very impatient haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭mapaco

hey all
    just wondering if any of ye are similar...i've a comparatively small bump but my arms legs and face have just ballooned!!
    soooo frustrating...5 months gone and i just look fat!
    looking for a dress for 2 weddings but i think a Burqa is all i'd be happy with now...:rolleyes:

sick again three days in a row,today is the worst was able to eat this morning n lunch but come dinner couldnt even eat four mouth fulls of my dinner n i was sick, did not enjoy it one bit,think the baby was pulling on the umbilical cord dont like this part one bit,like a zombie the past two days in n out of sleep most of the night with the baby kicking me to bits.hope all gets better the weekend at least everything is going here n baby is fine thank god.

anyone else have any of this happening to them its all part of the pregnancy even waken up during the night its just our bodys getting us ready for when the baby comes for the night feeds n all,it can get to you at times cos your soooo tired but it passes after a while,at least everything is going very well here n hope you are all doing well too everything that is happening in your pregnancy is all part of it,the soreness,back pain,not sleeping much ect.

anyone else have any of this happening to them its all part of the pregnancy even waken up during the night its just our bodys getting us ready for when the baby comes for the night feeds n all,it can get to you at times cos your soooo tired but it passes after a while,at least everything is going very well here n hope you are all doing well too everything that is happening in your pregnancy is all part of it,the soreness,back pain,not sleeping much ect.

Ah im right there with you on that one! I wake up several times a night, sometimes its to pee, sometimes its when I turn over, sometimes its just to wake up! drives me mad cause I can't seem to fall straight back to sleep after wards!

I feel like some days i feel baby lots and some days only kicks when im eating (actually most days are like that) it makes me so paranoid! I feel like i only feel flutters and wiggles and not a solid kick...should I be feeling more now? It makes me want to go get my 3d scan right NOW just so i can be sure everything is ok...or head to the gp to hear the heartbeat or something.....gah!

anyone else feel this way?

Also mapaco I havn't had much swelling anywhere besides my stomach...I still dont feel like I look noticably pregnant though, I just feel like I look like I've been hitting the takeaways hard lately haha! I hope the swelling goes down for you some!!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Yeah I'm waking up randomly during the night and mostly to go to the toilet! If i wake up early in the morning I can never get back to sleep.

Belly is slowly expanding but thats it, people have commented on my bump a bit more so must be showing a bit, still feel like its not much then you start worrying is it too small. Ah the beginning of many years of worries!!

20 week scan on Tuesday, half excited half nervous.

Have you all had yours yet?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

19 weeks today very. Visible bump.
    Baby is very active and my 3 year old is encouraging him by poking him and squashjng her ear up to my tummy for kicks and to near him:-)
    Sick some days,always tired and woke about 8 times to pee last night.
    Half way there now I hope:-)
    1st was born @38 weeks and 2nd at 39.

Half way there Moonbeam, that is great :)

I wake up at least three times per night, it actually got better, at the start of the pregnancy I woke up every two to three hours either for the toilet or because I was hungry, or both. I had difficulty falling back asleep after 4 am when it started getting bright but I found a sleeping mask helped wonders with that, maybe you can try that FunkSoulSista if you haven't already.

The midwife measured my BMI during my last appointment (20 weeks), which I found fairly inappropriate, particularly because nobody bothered in the first half of the pregnancy, not even at the very start, where I understand it would make a lot of sense so know how much I am to gain in the coming months.

I would have prefered she checked me for gestational diabetes with the baby being so huge, but the only thing she checked was my BMI ... But at 20 weeks, what good is the BMI? Is this normal? As far as I know, the BMI does not really apply in the way it does outside of pregnancy, or am I wrong there?

• Advertisement

Hi december bumps! I'm 22 weeks along now and starting to really round out!

My back has been bad since the beginning and I have been in the physio a few times...been really bad the last couple of days! Spending lots of time at home on the ball, in the bath and with the hot water bottle. I feel like I'm limping around work like igor from young frankenstein! Has anyone else had bad back issues? I'm terrified I'll be disabled in another 10 weeks!

Lots of wiggles and some hard kicks! Most of it is still felt low down but I've gotten a few knocks higher up. We went to the movies last night and baby was going mad the entire time!!
    I'm dying to find out the sex....im thinking we are going to do our scan in two more weeks...patience was never my strong suit :P

Also been sleeping through the night more this past couple of days more than the rest of the pregnancy! delighted about that...hope it stays for a few more nights! How is everyone else feeling?

Advertisement