Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Dec 2012....

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

13 days to the anomaly scan.
    I have a feeling this baby is huge and a boy;)
    I look about 6 months pregnant by the evenings!!
    This pregnancy is flying,my 1st was the slowest in the world though I think it is also the difference between going out to work for 11 hours a day and minding kids at home.
    It is way easier being at home, most of the time;)
    I should go get myself a ball and start bouncing,I am probably not as fit this time as it is hard to leave the house on my own and the weather has been so bad.
    So tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

All the best for your upcoming scans ladies!

I have a little rant, yesterday I walked into my office in the morning, finding a shocked OH sitting there with a smoke in his hand, he sort of didn't realise it was morning already and didn't expect me to be awake and I was raging, he shouldn't be smoking in my office -or anywhere in the house for that matter- no matter what time of the day. Especially since we have a covered bit at the front where he doesn't even get wet if the weather is bad.

He then guilt-tripped himself into making cake (apparently he had planned making cake for me before, but well) and yes, I have a marble cake sitting here now and a kitchen that came out of a baking explosion - and that although I went through the cake baking rules with him and he agreed: whoever makes the cake cleans the kitchen (all of it), on the same day. Am I being over-emotional or is it fair to be upset about this?

On a different note, if any of you are self-employed it might be worth looking into the maternity benefit application around now, you need your doctor to fill parts of it out for you after week 24 and you need to send it in 12 weeks before you want to take your leave (12 weeks only applies to self-employed), but the 24+12 doesn't leave a lot of room for the start date with the 2 full weeks before the EDD, so it would make sense to sort any bits and bobs you need for the application.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Thanks for the reminder about maternity benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

xiwang wrote: »
    All the best for your upcoming scans ladies!

I have a little rant, yesterday I walked into my office in the morning, finding a shocked OH sitting there with a smoke in his hand, he sort of didn't realise it was morning already and didn't expect me to be awake and I was raging, he shouldn't be smoking in my office -or anywhere in the house for that matter- no matter what time of the day. Especially since we have a covered bit at the front where he doesn't even get wet if the weather is bad.

He then guilt-tripped himself into making cake (apparently he had planned making cake for me before, but well) and yes, I have a marble cake sitting here now and a kitchen that came out of a baking explosion - and that although I went through the cake baking rules with him and he agreed: whoever makes the cake cleans the kitchen (all of it), on the same day. Am I being over-emotional or is it fair to be upset about this?

On a different note, if any of you are self-employed it might be worth looking into the maternity benefit application around now, you need your doctor to fill parts of it out for you after week 24 and you need to send it in 12 weeks before you want to take your leave (12 weeks only applies to self-employed), but the 24+12 doesn't leave a lot of room for the start date with the 2 full weeks before the EDD, so it would make sense to sort any bits and bobs you need for the application.
    Nope not overreacting a bit!! I would have lost the plot if I walked into my husband smoking away in the house and then creating a huge mess for me to clean up as a way of making any apology cake!! I got my OH an expectant fathers book shortly after finding out I was pregnant and there is a list in there for things dads can do for the soon to be moms....I show that to him from time to time as a not so subtle suggestion lol!

Thanks for the maternity benefit heads up....hopefully my employer will have mine sorted and back to me next week...our hr is in the UK and it can get complicated and lengthy trying to deal with them! I have to jump through immigration hoops as well since I'm not Irish and we got married in the states...oy!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭irishrose1981

all went great at the docs today babys heart beat doc got right away n said everything is going great n to come back in three weeks time n that ive to drink lots of water with the weather we are having the past few days its soooo hot here 21 it was today n tomorrow its 26,god il be running for the loo with all the water ive to drink in this heat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Xiwang I would have gone mental too!

My scan went well, its amazing the detail they can show! Had to buy a few baby grows afterwards but I'm still feeling very clueless about everything basically! was walking around mothercare looking at travel systems and feeling stupid. Haven't bought anything yet really, luckily getting a loan of loads of things but feel very disorganized right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

hi all, hope your all keeping well and your bumps ;) any one else suffering with bad skin, mine is soooo oily, ive tried a few different face scrubs and wipes buts its just getting worse, im thinking of using fairy washing up liquid lol, i was like this on my first too, so i know its bump related

jeni wrote: »
    hi all, hope your all keeping well and your bumps ;) any one else suffering with bad skin, mine is soooo oily, ive tried a few different face scrubs and wipes buts its just getting worse, im thinking of using fairy washing up liquid lol, i was like this on my first too, so i know its bump related

My skin has gone so bad! my chin looks like a teenagers! I never had spots when I was younger so i have no clue what to do with my skin...lots of face scrubbing! I also have super dry skin on my cheeks...lol no winning! I drove my OH insane earlier because I spent about 30 minutes in boots looking at different face lotions and then ended up walking out with none :rolleyes:

I'm finding myself getting fuller faster and walking slower and breathing heavier these days! also looks of oompfs when sitting down and getting up haha !

tkmaxx has some fantastic baby clothes...we got a lovely blanket and baby swaddler there today. The swaddler is pink and we don't know the sex yet (wishful thinking??) but we will be finding out soon and keeping receipts just in case haha!

Rachineire wrote: »
    My skin has gone so bad! my chin looks like a teenagers! I never had spots when I was younger so i have no clue what to do with my skin...lots of face scrubbing! I also have super dry skin on my cheeks...lol no winning! I drove my OH insane earlier because I spent about 30 minutes in boots looking at different face lotions and then ended up walking out with none :rolleyes:

I'm finding myself getting fuller faster and walking slower and breathing heavier these days! also looks of oompfs when sitting down and getting up haha !

tkmaxx has some fantastic baby clothes...we got a lovely blanket and baby swaddler there today. The swaddler is pink and we don't know the sex yet (wishful thinking??) but we will be finding out soon and keeping receipts just in case haha!

yeah im the same its just the baby getting bigger so you will be like that,as for the spots n oily skin only happends the odd time cos my body is changing with the baby getting bigger,drinking lots tho oj n aj ect cos of the heat,the odd time im not in the mood to eat n other times i cant wait till dinner time n fruit n veg cant get enough of it all.

getting upset very quick with the pregnancy which is normal but can be a pain,hubbie knew i was crying yesterday without me saying a word to him when he came home from town with our 5 year old daughter,they both gave my a hug n kiss n askd if i was ok n said not to cry n made me tea n got more hugs n kisses,the crying can help when you feel stressd out but can also get to you two if its over nuthing,so girls have ur cry if need to when ur stressd but try not let it take over you as u mite feel worse n keep on crying. hope everyone is doing well n all the babys are coming on well,god knows my little one is kicking n moving round like made.

• Advertisement

has anyone had any nose bleeds during there pregnancy just ive had them twice so far,not sure if it is or isnt part of the pregnancy but hate getting them out of the blue.

My 18 month old just ran up to me patting her belly saying baba bump and the 3 year old has her teddy up her jumper as her baba bump. I can not stop laughing:)

Moonbeam wrote: »
    My 18 month old just ran up to me patting her belly saying baba bump and the 3 year old has her teddy up her jumper as her baba bump. I can not stop laughing:)

Thats so funny moonbeam, had a good laugh imagining that in my mind!

Irishrose I've read a lot that nosebleeds can be very common in pregnancy....hope it stops happening- that can be very irritating!

Yeah the skin thing has been one of my biggest complaints, which I guess means I can't complain too much! I just wish my back would cop on already!!

so is anyone else planning on finding out the sex of the baby?

Thats so funny moonbeam, had a good laugh imagining that in my mind!

Irishrose I've read a lot that nosebleeds can be very common in pregnancy....hope it stops happening- that can be very irritating!

Yeah the skin thing has been one of my biggest complaints, which I guess means I can't complain too much! I just wish my back would cop on already!!

so is anyone else planning on finding out the sex of the baby?

im asking in sept.

been down most of this week,has anyone felt down,im 25 weeks on thursday n just feel down maybe cos i had a tiff with my sis n the odd bro inlaw n person taken the piss out of me saying ( i think uve eat to much cake there ect) it was all said as well when i was pregnant on my daughter to i know there only messing but when u feel down as it is thats the last thing u need, hubbie was messing i said something n i pushd him away from me when he tryd to kiss me after saying it,i know there all messing but hurts all the same.just hope i feel better soon.

also has anyones chest bone been sore with ur insides been pushd up im very sore at night on left side i know its all part of the pregnancy but by god does it hurt at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Haven't posted in a while but still hanging in
    there...glad to see everyone is doing pretty good in general. Bump is coming along nicely I'm almost 21 weeks. Have to wait till sept to find out the sex cause the oh is working abroad and I said I'd wait for him to be here before finding out. Yes to the spots as well! Up until about a week ago my skin was the best it's been in years now my chin is a spotty oily mess!!

Went for a wander around mothercare today and feeling particularly overwhelmed...haven't really bought anything for the baby yet, all I have are a couple of things my little sis couldn't resist buying and an NYPD babygrow my mam and dad brought back from new York! Really don't know where to begin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

Also haven't posted in a while but again just a little update - we had our 21 week scan last week, all looking normal:) Didn't ask the sex but I think I know from what I seen.

Other than that I think I'm slowly working my way into the doghouse by insisting that if it is a boy we'll name him Setanta, since he'll be a Christmas baby. Yep, I think Setanta Klaus has a great ring to it!!!:D

lol
    I love it:)

Nollaig is a possibility for us:)
    I have a new years day baby so a christmas day baby would be a nice match!

Patser wrote: »
    Also haven't posted in a while but again just a little update - we had our 21 week scan last week, all looking normal:) Didn't ask the sex but I think I know from what I seen.

Other than that I think I'm slowly working my way into the doghouse by insisting that if it is a boy we'll name him Setanta, since he'll be a Christmas baby. Yep, I think Setanta Klaus has a great ring to it!!!:D

We love Setanta and it was number 1 choice until my parents heard it and put a downer on it, i got the sports channel and our local school quoted at me...I still love it though! I kinda agreed to his dads name a few weeks ago and now completely regretting it, want him to have to be his own person with his own name. Oh and no I don't know it's def a boy, just a feeling I have!

Its so great hearing about everyone's anomoly scans and finding out the sex!

I booked our 3d scan for next week- I will only be 24 weeks but for me its more to find out the sex and see the baby. I have another scan at 31 weeks and I didnt want the two scans to be so close together. I'm very excited to think that this time next week we will have seen baby!

I was able to go to the docs today as well (finally! only took me 2 or 3 tries....ugh i hate my gp sometimes!) and got to hear the heartbeat. I love hearing it! I feel like there should be more things checked than just a feel of the tummy and a blodd pressure check. I donno, I guess im looking for more information? I feel so left out in the dark I learn so much more here on boards or by baby websites than from my doctor! How does everyone else's appointments go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

Hi all. So i had my 2o week scan and everything with the baby is perfect thankfully! However my placenta is a bit low so they want to check it moves up as the uterus expands (this is what normally happens, in unusual cases it doesn't and it is known as placenta praevia) at 32 weeks I will have another scan to see if it has moved into the right position. If it has not I will be brought in for a caesarean before my due date. So hopefully as my bump grows and rises up my placenta will move with it. Has anyone heard of this before or known anyone to have the same experience? Baby is going great and very active! I love how it feels. I feel great and love my bump bought first maternity clothes yesterday as nothing fits anymore! Oh we didn't ask the sex btw. Looking forward to a surprise. I have no clue or hunch wether its a boy or girl. Will have to wait and see :)

was very sick last night n sore all on my right side as the baby was lying all on that side all the time n no matter what i eat the past week or two is repeteing on me a lot,n last night showd it as i was sick n sore most of the night.anyone else have this yet, im 25 weeks now,i know alot of this is cos the baby is pushing everything up into my chest as he/she is getting bigger n needs more room but by god it can hurt n the pain comes out of the blue,feel fine now since it happend just tired so had a shower n feel much better now,hope everyone is doing fine,n girls if u have had this just so u know is all part of ur pregnancy n the baby needs more room thats why ur sore n hope no one is in too much pain with there pregnancy.

Hope your feeling better irishrose!

I have heard of placenta previa scrgirl and it does not sound fun at all! Hopefully everything moves into the right place for you in the next couple of weeks! I have no clue where mine is at- Should the GP be able to tell by feel or is that something they can't tell until they see it in a scan? Also I don't know how you can stand the suspense! I can't wait to find out what we are having (fingers crossed we can find out!!) :D

We have our big 3d scan tomorrow. I'm hoping that I'm not being too impatient and we get a good view of baby! I couldn't sleep last night very well at all since I was getting kicks and wiggles until well after 3 from baby...then I woke up around 5 because my hands were hugely swollen! I had to take off my wedding rings as I was afraid they were going to cut of all my circulation!

I have to say I've been in maternity pants for a while now. My stepmom sent me a bunch of maternity clothes right after we found out we were pregnant. I found the belly band to be annoying and I was adjusting it too often so as soon as my jeans started to get really uncomfortable I just went to the maternity jeans. They are over the bump ones and I think they are so comfortable...I will definitely miss them after I have baby haha! :o

My anomaly scan is on Wednesday:)
    I am in maternity clothes for weeks now and look about 10 weeks further on then I am by evening!!
    Rachineire - so excited for you:) All pregnancies are brilliant but there is nothing like the nerves and excitment of the 1st one:)

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

Hope your feeling better irishrose!

I have heard of placenta previa scrgirl and it does not sound fun at all! Hopefully everything moves into the right place for you in the next couple of weeks! I have no clue where mine is at- Should the GP be able to tell by feel or is that something they can't tell until they see it in a scan? Also I don't know how you can stand the suspense! I can't wait to find out what we are having (fingers crossed we can find out!!) :D

We have our big 3d scan tomorrow. I'm hoping that I'm not being too impatient and we get a good view of baby! I couldn't sleep last night very well at all since I was getting kicks and wiggles until well after 3 from baby...then I woke up around 5 because my hands were hugely swollen! I had to take off my wedding rings as I was afraid they were going to cut of all my circulation!

I have to say I've been in maternity pants for a while now. My stepmom sent me a bunch of maternity clothes right after we found out we were pregnant. I found the belly band to be annoying and I was adjusting it too often so as soon as my jeans started to get really uncomfortable I just went to the maternity jeans. They are over the bump ones and I think they are so comfortable...I will definitely miss them after I have baby haha! :o
    Yes what I have heard about placenta praevia scares the life out of me but the scan lady and midwife reassured me that it's quite common at this stage to be low only 10% go on to remain low at 32 weeks so fingers crossed im in the 90%. Im pretty sure it's only by scan it can be identified as they are bringing me back at 32 weeks to find out its position. I'll just have to put it out of my mind untill then. :/

ah yeah rachineire im doing fine now thank you,just this heat at night is killing at night that i cant really sleep,is anyone else having trubble sleeping due to the heat or there hibs are sore the odd time due to there insides been pushd up into ur chest,but at least we all know are babys are doing well when all this is happening to us all.

ah yeah rachineire im doing fine now thank you,just this heat at night is killing at night that i cant really sleep,is anyone else having trubble sleeping due to the heat or there hibs are sore the odd time due to there insides been pushd up into ur chest,but at least we all know are babys are doing well when all this is happening to us all.

I find the heat to be a lot as well! Normally I love to be really warm when I'm sleeping, but I find it overwhelming right now when I'm trying to sleep

scrgirl I hope everything moves into place for you! fingers crossed- I hear placenta previa is a pretty uncommon thing!

We got our 3D scan done yesterday- it was great! baby was moving so so much! It was hard to get a non-blurry picture of his face! and yes, we found out the sex...its a little boy!! A big surprise for us as I was so sure that I was having a girl! Now i need to return a few things haha! I already bought a few cute outfits at TKMaxx as it helped me wrap my head around having a little boy :)

now we just have the task of figuring out a name...no clue what we will name him!! :rolleyes:

No problem sleeping here but to looking after a 1,2 and 3 year old all day:)

Aww, Rachineire Congrats:) I have heard the 3d scans are amazing.

I had my anomaly scan today -and all is good:) I did not find out gender as it is the least of my worries:)

Delighted everyone's scans are going well :) mines on Friday and I'm terrified....

Anyone interested in a bump survey???

I'll start anyway, measured today and I'm 38 inches around, that's 13 inches bigger than pre pregnancy!!! That and an 18 lb weight gain so far I'm fecked come the end!! Lol

• Advertisement

Ps yes I'm sleeping although was awake for an hour last night at about 3am with the travelling itches aagghhhh!

Advertisement