Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Album of the Week Voting Thread 2012 Onwards

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'll go for Betty by Helmet as well which, by my calculations, gives us a three-way tie.

I'll wait until later on to see if anyone else who hasn't voted yet feels like casting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Nailz wrote: »
    Fourth time lucky. :)
    I'll change my vote to Betty by Helmet.

Tough choice, Clutch are also savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Malice wrote: »
    I'll go for Betty by Helmet as well which, by my calculations, gives us a three-way tie.

I'll wait until later on to see if anyone else who hasn't voted yet feels like casting one.

Three way tie?

It only became a two way tie after Nailz cast his vote.

Godspeed with 4

Helmet with 4

Clutch with 2

And So I Watch You From Afar with 1

Four good albums so far this week though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

AotW voting just got serious :p

Schism wrote: »
    AotW voting just got serious :p

The interweb is serious business, and the AOTW voting is near the top of that. :D

Even more so since Malice made a comment in the general chat thread some time back about trying to block the Sisters Of Mercy winning if I nominated them. :D

• Advertisement

Kess73 wrote: »
    Three way tie?

It only became a two way tie after Nailz cast his vote.

Godspeed with 4

Helmet with 4

Clutch with 2

And So I Watch You From Afar with 1

Four good albums so far this week though.

If that was the case then I am willing to retract my vote, just to be fair. :)

If that was the case then I am willing to retract my vote, just to be fair. :)

Don't see why you should retract your vote. If you think Helmet deserves the shout, then go for them.:)

Betty is a good album and would be as worthy a winner as any of the other choices.

Don't see why you should retract your vote. If you think Helmet deserves the shout, then go for them.:)

Betty is a good album and would be as worthy a winner as any of the other choices.
    Ah I suppose you're right, I just thought as I voted after the closing has been postponed it would've only been fair to retract it. Okay then, I'll reaffirm my vote for Betty, and we'll let Malice make the decision. :p

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

So em... has this been forgotten about?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Stewards enquiry still ongoing.

• Advertisement

Flagged as a point but the ref thought it was wide :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Flagged as a point but the ref thought it was wide :p
    Looks like we need more replacement refs.

I think someone must have locked Malice in a shed to prevent him using his casting vote :D

I think someone must have locked Malice in a shed to prevent him using his casting vote :D

/dons garda unifrom

You wouldn't know anything about that now would you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

awww, thought this was gonna be about some new metal album of the week, i.e released this week, but it's all old stuff that everybody already knows is deadly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

awww, thought this was gonna be about some new metal album of the week, i.e released this week, but it's all old stuff that everybody already knows is deadly :(

Well then instead of complaining, maybe you could contribute. The thread could also serve that purpose, but I'd guess that the average is less than ten votes in this thread per week; the forum simply doesn't have the numbers for people to listen to and vote on albums that have been released within the last seven days.

The closest thing we have at the moment is a new releases to look forward to in 2012 thread, which is slow, but serves its purpose for the users of this forum. Again, more contributors are always welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

I didn't know about a lot of the winning albums, and I have to say it's expanded my taste a good bit. Surely it's just naive to assume everybody is already aware of every good metal record out there?

/dons garda unifrom

You wouldn't know anything about that now would you?

Not at all garda, I was out walking the dog at the time.......

That banging from my shed? Tis just the wind. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Apologies to everyone,i completely forgot about this thread over the last few weeks. Thanks to Kess for mentioning it in the Malice thread as i'd have never remembered otherwise.

Anyways,the thread for the winner of AOTW #88 is Here

Voting for next week starts now

and i'll try to remember to update it:o

• Advertisement

Absolutely love this album, and I think the guys deserve at least one AOTW to their name.

Coheed & Cambria - Year of the Black Rainbow
    51KwANqMmyL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Live-ThrowingCopper.jpg

Live - Throwing Copper.

8 million people and a Kess cannot be wrong. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I'm gonna nominate Tesseract - One
    I've been listening to it pretty regularly since getting into them at the start of the year

Tesseract-One.jpg

I'll re-renominate Archetype by Fear Factory; so close, yet so far the last time! :)

album-archetype.jpg
    Another nomination for Archetype, sure! Hup!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    I'm gonna nominate Tesseract - One
    I've been listening to it pretty regularly since getting into them at the start of the year

Tesseract-One.jpg

Ah sure go on then. ;)

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

00-hell-human-remains-2011-cover.jpg?w=593

These boys here defo deserve some recognition for such a good album, not a bad track from start to finish!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭zombiepaw

Live-ThrowingCopper.jpg

Live - Throwing Copper.
    8 million people and a Kess cannot be wrong. :D

Definately agree with this one, fantastic

Voting for this weeks AOTW ends tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

have heard that Hell album is a belter, haven't sampled it yet though so I'm gonna +1 to Tesseract - One. f*cking great album. my band supported them in Fibbers before :cool:

• Advertisement

Seeing as my nomination has, yet again, been ignored ( :( ) I will switch my vote to One by Tesseract!

Advertisement