Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streetdancing classes in Cork

• 15-04-2012 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

All I can find in this forum is a 2008 thread about there being no street / hip hop classes in Cork and people ending up going to Dublin to get decent classes.

When I enrolled my kids in a local dance studio, they soon dropped out again (disgusted), saying it was 'kiddie stuff' and boring. Their aspiration would be Michael Jackson and now Street style (after they watched the last two seasons of Got to Dance).

It wouldn't be my thing (when I was young, Latin and Salsa was THE thing) but I would love to give them something to channel their enthusiasm into. But it just seems that we're either lacking the right instructors here or the dance studios are stuck behind the times. Commercial jazz classes are no substitute for what my kids are looking for.

We're just back from Diversity's Dublin show and son's head is buzzing, he'd love to learn to dance and get the right moves. Now, I did point out that Ashley Banjo started with Ballet before moving onto Street but that is still a tough sale.

Has the situation changed in any way in the last four years? (in Cork that is)

Advertisement