Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank mobile banking app problem

Options
  • 15-04-2012 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭

I've downloaded the Ulster Bank RI app for the iPhone and it asks me to enter my phone number, which I do. Then it tells me that an activation code has been sent to my phone, but none ever arrives.

Frustrated, I rang Ulster Bank's mobile banking support and they asked me to delete the app and reinstall. Then they asked me to text STOP to 51157, but that did nothing either.

Finally they suggested that my operator (Meteor) must have restrictions in place which prevents the app from sending the activation code to me (according to UB's records, they received my requests for an activation code and dispatched it multiple times, but their dispatch is not being received by my phone). I was advised to call Meteor and ask them to lift whatever restriction is in place.

I did this, but Meteor are adamant that there is no restriction.

Has anyone else encountered this problem with Ulster Bank's app?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 .stranger

Just to note, that text message comes from 'UlsterBank' and there is no mobile number assigned. Some operators do block SMS if they don't have number of originator or comes from SMS gateways. Not sure if Meteor does it, but you could check with them mentioning that incoming message does not have number associated.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I am with meteor and had no problem with activating it, I use Android phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭cjc0101

Hi I have two android phones one on Meteor.ie (HTC desire S) and Samsung Europa on three.ie with no problems.

Just a question, have you checked your registered number on Ulsterbank internet banking? Try deleting that, and re entering it either before or after app installation.
    Ulsterbank might be sending to old number, that might be messing with the app!
    Hopefully that works!
    :-)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I have an iphone on Meteor and have had no problems with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Still not working. Sucks!

• Advertisement

Forgot to ask, did you have text alerts activated before you had your I phone? Try getting another sim, get text alerts working in a proper fashion, then try to change to your I phone number and install the app.
    Ps it took me a while to get it to work right too!
    I have a feeling it is a problem with your number not being registered before use with I phone app, once I used the text alert service for a wk or so, the app registering worked

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

I'm also having problems trying to get the android version of the app working. I'm at the stage where the app tells me that they're still verifying my details and that they'll send me a text message as soon as they are verified.

I have been at this stage for the past week and the app tells me that it usually takes a 24.hours for verification.

Any one else encountered this?
    cjc0101 wrote: »
    Forgot to ask, did you have text alerts activated before you had your I phone? Try getting another sim, get text alerts working in a proper fashion, then try to change to your I phone number and install the app.
    Ps it took me a while to get it to work right too!
    I have a feeling it is a problem with your number not being registered before use with I phone app, once I used the text alert service for a wk or so, the app registering worked

I'm also having problems trying to get the android version of the app working. I'm at the stage where the app tells me that they're still verifying my details and that they'll send me a text message as soon as they are verified.

I have been at this stage for the past week and the app tells me that it usually takes a 24.hours for verification.

Any one else encountered this?

Sounds like you've done everything right so far, but the company ulsterbank use does not accept registrations during wkends and puts them on hold till the following working day, also like any bank ulsterbank require up to 3 working days.
    Now I think you should try emailing the app developer and let them know your issues! You'll find their details under the app on android market or play as they are calling it now!
    Might be easier to do on a pc, might be an issue with make or model of phone.
    Monitise Europe are the company who run the text alert service so contact them about registration problems, if needed.
    Think their contact details on Ulsterbank site, not sure though!
    And of course contact ulsterbank, though not sure if they will much help as the staff won't really be trained to deal with their app yet, but they might be able to contact relevant people.
    Not sure what else to suggest to you!
    Ps it did take a wk for me too, probably longer as more people are registering now to use the app!
    Oh have you used the text service since? I think that sped my app registering up, as I was roaming and had data off, using wifi to check if app worked
    Can't remember but think they text to let you when you can use app.
    Hope it gets sorted soon

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

Thanks for the suggestions.

I uninstalled the app and went through the whole registration again and then a text arrive withing 30 mins to say that my number has been verified.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I uninstalled the app and went through the whole registration again and then a text arrive withing 30 mins to say that my number has been verified.

So is working properly? Just be aware that for payments and transfers to other accounts you need to do it on PC first. Ps did you try to re register on a weekday? Just wondering coz I think that speeds registering up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement