Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Howardstown Bruree

• 15-04-2012 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

hey kids

just wondering if anyone knows if there are buses that frequent Bruree or howardstown that seve the city center. i was told the cork/galway bus does but cant find specifc info on the website

if anyone can help it would be great

ps. it doesnt have to be bus eireann. any public transport at all that does it frequently would be great

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Afaik, there are no Bus Eireann buses that go through Bruree.
    From Limerick City, you would have to get the Limerick/Cork bus and there is a bus stop at Rourke's Cross, near the Xpress Stop service station on the main Cork/Limerick road. This would still leave you about a 1mile walk from Bruree village.

To be honest, it's a fairly hard place to get to by public transport, your option's seem to be to get the bus eireann bus to Rourke's Cross, and then get a taxi to Howardstown. Do you have anyone that would drive you there from the city? Giving them petrol money would probably work out cheaper(and easier) than paying bus/taxi fare's.

I can PM you a number for a taxi if you want, just ask!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

well the girlfriend drives anyway so i guess ill just get a lift with her when she is heading into work every day. ill have time to kill alright but i guess ill be seeing the gym alot more :D

yea i think its a 45 minute walk to howardstown from the cross. at least she could always collect me if it was late or the weather was too bad.

thanks Rainbowdrop

Advertisement