Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mature code nursing written assessment 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 siobhan c

the results better be in tomorrow morning!!!!! would love to know how many complaints they have got since friday!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MollyMac

There was an article in the Sunday Business Post page 5 highlighting the issues with the aptitude test results. It was also covered on Liveline today on RTE Radio1. A total fiasco!!

half one in the morning and they send out emails saying sorry and we expect to have the results for you tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!! think they could have had the decency to send them out this morning........... aaaaaahhhhh!!! would nearly rather re-sit the test again cause i dont really trust them to give out the right result from the last one!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 07audia4

yeh why send the message at this time, crazy, why not 2day, i can only laugh now!!! well "maybe" tomorrow it will be, here goes another day of checking emails, and not getting anything done. good luck all, even tho i will still not have any trust in mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MollyMac

Its hard to believe the total mess publicjobs has made of the test results! And the timing of their emails....................!! Results @ 8.25pm, letter of apology @1.15am. I was on last years thread here for 2011 nursing but this year was on facebook group. The whole process is stressful enough without having to deal with the incompetence of a public service. Good luck with your results later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭patk72

Gotta love the e-mail sent out today at 1.30 in the morning,did you notice the spacing between paragraphs,tis like they saw what's begin said here and prob on facebook and said "they want paragraphs,we'll give em feckin paragraphs" as for receiving them yesterday when we were supposed to,well that was never going to happen so don't hold out too much hope for today(or is it tommorrow as we got them today:confused:)

good morning all;)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 freddieelmo

I woke up at some un godly hour and seen that email , needed less to say I nearly shot out of the bed as I read you will Hear tomorrow ( thought they meant Wednesday ) and I cannot wait another day !!!

But today apparently !!! Better be ....

good luck to everyone today!!!!!!! :) x (or wenever they actually come through)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 keelanclarke1

Where is the facebook discussion page on this, i searched but cant find it, anyone know?

Where is the facebook discussion page on this, i searched but cant find it, anyone know?
    its rollarcoaster nursing/midwifes. you have to ask to join.

• Advertisement

siobhan c wrote: »
    its rollarcoaster nursing/midwifes. you have to ask to join.

Thanks just found it, waiting to join now!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Mims1711

Has anyone had an email yet? :rolleyes: all this waiting is driving me mad....:confused:

nope not a peep, i just dont care anymore!:)

I know I'm still a bit hopeful my Candidate No was correct so I just hope I get the same result 224 or when I added up my scores I got 231!! I got 59 in the skills hoping that its 49 instead of 89 def mistake

Mims1711 wrote: »
    I know I'm still a bit hopeful my Candidate No was correct so I just hope I get the same result 224 or when I added up my scores I got 231!! I got 59 in the skills hoping that its 49 instead of 89 def mistake

Someone said somewhere that the pass for job sim was 35? hope so, as you couldnt really fail this or could you? i mean there is no right or wrong answers supposedly? Before any result came out i was worried about maths but now its the job simulation!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭cat87

Hi fellow applicants

I am so nervous, barely slept last night, I wonder what they are doing!! My head is wrecked! Did they rescan the tests or just check them manually? I was happy with my results... so eh hope they don't go down, it's not fair. Get our hopes up and I feel like they are all gonna come crashing down when we get our new results! God only know! The stress :( my id and name on the email was correct

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Cathy1h

http://www.irishexaminer.com/archives/2012/0522/ireland/nursing-applicants-sent-wrong-test-scores-194714.html
    Not sure if I can post links in here or not. It's a link to an article in todays Irish Examiner x

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Meirthig

Omg so freaked, everyone keeps talking about the emails they got, I haven't even gotten 1! is anyone else the same??? I feel like now I won't get any email at all off them!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Cathy1h

Drop them an email with your cao number and where you sat the aptitude test hun. You are prob best to sit tight for a day or so first and see if any email comes...otherwise theyll most likely reply with that same answer.
    Good luck! Xx

I sent an email to Pas with my CAO number and the Candidate No on the first email and received an email to say that it was the correct number. You should do the same and ask them why you didn't get an email. Good luck!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 shannon28

Give me my results!!!! The waiting is killing me.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mummysgirl

This is a press release sent to one of the main papers about an hour ago,I had been in contact with the journalist for the last few days and she sent this on to me .Hope it helps:)

We have now completed our investigation into theproblems which occurred in the results email issued to candidates for thiscompetition on Friday 18 May, 2012. We can confirm that there are no changesin the pass / fail status of any candidate nor are there any changes to thepass / fail status for the individual tests.

Our primary focus continues to be on confirming andcommunicating the results to candidates and we are at present in the process ofcompiling result emails for each candidate. Candidates must achieve thequalifying score in each test to be sent forward to the CAO course allocationprocess. For candidates who have achieved the qualifying score in each test,their results email will show their individual scores for each test, thecorrect qualifying score for each test and their overall score. For candidateswho did not achieve the qualifying score in all tests, their results email willshow their individual scores for each test and the correct qualifying score foreach test. We aim to issue these emails later this afternoon.

We are available to deal with queries from candidateseither over the phone or by email – contact details as follows:

Phone: 01-8587480

eMail: maturecode12@publicjobs.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7 shannon28

Thanks a million Mummysgirl. So there are no real changes to the pass/fail group I am happy with that, but I am hoping my score will go up a bit to stand any real chance of getting a place. Here's still hoping :o

Thanks a mil for this lets hope we don't have to wait much longer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cabingirl

If that is the actual press release, I am stunned. What do they mean?

"We can confirm that there are no changesin the pass / fail status of any candidate nor are there any changes to thepass / fail status for the individual tests."

Obviously there will be changes in the pass/fail status for candidates and individual tests as it's not possible to get 89!! Or am I just gone mad and missing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 freddieelmo

Can I presume then that the change will
    Be made to the 89 pass rate for the JS ?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭spacecat

Ahh, I think when they say "pass/fail status for the individual test" they mean what group they put you in ie Upper Group, Middle Group.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭patk72

Does 89 still stand and what the hell do they send this to the press before us!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cabingirl

But there has to be changes to the pass/fail group surely (don't call me Shirly) - if the new pass rate is lower for job sim, then loads more people will pass hopefully??

• Advertisement

When they initially said 1055 passed and 500 didn't get the minimum 176 you would assume if you didn't pass JS that they would fail you also instead of putting you in a group. Also I would recon the 89 was error and will be changed.

Advertisement