Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mature code nursing written assessment 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 loukay

OMG! irishfreeview.....the exact same thing just happened to me too. I just got on this to find out if any one had a similar experience. I am so sick right now, I can't believe it

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭spacecat

Well got my scores today.

To say im sick as a dog is a massive understatement.

Student Nurse Job simulation Qualifying Score = 43 My Score 42.56

They wrote to me last night and said they were going to recheck this today, got my email just now saying that after rechecking they are going to uphold the score.

All my other scores were good enough and I passed them but because I failed Student Nurse Job simulation I dont go through.

So so Gutted. Wish there was something more I could do.

Just a suggestion....usually they 'round up' or 'round down' scores so your mark will be a whole number. As a rule anything above 0.5 (inc) will be rounded up. It may be worth contacting them again and questioning them on how they come up with the 'whole' number as a mark. Good luck.

spacecat wrote: »
    Just a suggestion....usually they 'round up' or 'round down' scores so your mark will be a whole number. As a rule anything above 0.5 (inc) will be rounded up. It may be worth contacting them again and questioning them on how they come up with the 'whole' number as a mark. Good luck.

I was thinking along the same lines. I mean, it just seems so unfair. I passed all the others and this 0.44 or so points is all its taken to wreck it all. So, so unfair.

loukay wrote: »
    I was thinking along the same lines. I mean, it just seems so unfair. I passed all the others and this 0.44 or so points is all its taken to wreck it all. So, so unfair.

Did they give you the spin yesterday about it going up in front of 3 examiners today who would relook at the test paper?

Thats what they told me and tonight I was told that they understood where I was coming from but wouldnt alter the score.

With everything that has happened since Friday I am so gutted:( and mad!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cc81

Hey all Got the mark I wanted although obviously I am still not sure to get my course.I was just wondering do they offer you other courses if you just miss out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 shannon28

Hi guys, That doesn't seem right to me. All my results are in whole numbers. I would ring them again.

Did they give you the spin yesterday about it going up in front of 3 examiners today who would relook at the test paper?

Thats what they told me and tonight I was told that they understood where I was coming from but wouldnt alter the score.

With everything that has happened since Friday I am so gutted:( and mad!:mad:

They did! Even made it sound like they were trying to do me 'a favour'! so much for that. Mad is such an understatement re-how I feel right now:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Mims1711

I got 231 and have as one of my choices UCD last year it was 244 so should I choose somewhere else lower or hope the overall comes down!! I know I have till June 1st to change. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 07audia4

well irishfreeview, i feel ur pain, i got no results lastnite, an email saying that they were tryn 2 get in contact with me, rang them this morn, was told that when my paper was checked again after the errors i only got a result of 42.56, so she told me they were going 2 check my paper manually and by computer 2day, but couldnt round it of 2 43, like, i dont understand, i already had 43 in previous result, and none of the rest changed, why this 1, so sickened, was delighted by reports last night 2 here that all candidates had recieved original scores, the only thing i can be greatful 4 is u guys out there on this site, its really supportive when you know your not alone, especially since friday, hope you all get places, good luck 4 the future, and hopefully be back again without all the drama of errors.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Mims1711

I can't believe you both had to go through this fiasco!! All marks should be rounded up and where did the 42. marks come from!! its either 42 or 43 so sorry for you both:mad:

• Advertisement

Its really sad, considering the first email said '43' and now its 42.56.....I guess its some consolation knowing I'm not alone in this. Doesn't make it ok tho

• Registered Users Posts: 6 07audia4

its def not ok, totally agree. i find it a bit strange that 42.56 was wat we all got, like why this number??, and if u wer 2change 42.56, to the nearest whole number its 43!! if everyone else is entitled to a whole number so are we. so mad, wonder is there anything we could do, wish there was.

Exactly! I mean, whats the big idea? Every other score was a whole number, so why should this be any different? i wish someone could tell us something

• Registered Users Posts: 42 siobhan c

does anyone know if we get to see a list of scores??? dont they usually do that every year?? this is my first year, and my score wasnt great so not exactly hopefull of getting a place. But i think i read somewhere that they do that to give you a better idea of where you stand, maybe im wrong............

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cabingirl

To Loukay, Irishfreeview and 07audia4,

Did all 3 of you get 42.54? That seems really strange and is the first I've heard of decimal point scores. I got 40 and am getting it rechecked but don't hold out much hope. Does anyone know if the marks ever go up on recheck?

Also, why on earth would they not round it up to 43? Doesn't seem right.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭patk72

siobhan c wrote: »
    does anyone know if we get to see a list of scores??? dont they usually do that every year?? this is my first year, and my score wasnt great so not exactly hopefull of getting a place. But i think i read somewhere that they do that to give you a better idea of where you stand, maybe im wrong............
    you don't get a list of scores but there is an order of merit list but this is not published, you get an email telling you where you are on the list depending on result and luck if you have same points as others

patk72 wrote: »
    you don't get a list of scores but there is an order of merit list but this is not published, you get an email telling you where you are on the list depending on result and luck if you have same points as others

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sheepie

what is the order of merit? do they check previous courses you have done?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 freddieelmo

When do they email you the Order of Merit? Is that due out the same day as the offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭patk72

order of merit is posted in july,it puts you in a position for a place in college e.g top marks was 256 now if there were 3 with this score a computer will generate a number at random for theses 3 so it could have joe,jill and sean or sean joe jill ect so next is position4 which say is 255 and only 1 person had this so there in 4 and so on.Hope this helps:) now to get on a course say only 2 places for Limerick so if joe jill and sean want this place it would depend on there OoM place, it really only effect these on 220ish scores,ggood luck to all as its pot luck where you go on it:)

• Advertisement

Cabingirl wrote: »
    To Loukay, Irishfreeview and 07audia4,

Did all 3 of you get 42.54? That seems really strange and is the first I've heard of decimal point scores. I got 40 and am getting it rechecked but don't hold out much hope. Does anyone know if the marks ever go up on recheck?

Also, why on earth would they not round it up to 43? Doesn't seem right.

It was 42.56 cabingirl, and it looks like we all did. Beats me why they refuse to round up. just ridiculous. Dunno much about rechecks, the whole thing seems like one big joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sarahk8

i have also gotten the 42.56 score and they reckon i didn't pass....but clearly i have

loukay wrote: »
    It was 42.56 cabingirl, and it looks like we all did. Beats me why they refuse to round up. just ridiculous. Dunno much about rechecks, the whole thing seems like one big joke!

there is no way every one of us got a score of 42.56......crowd of idiots. they shudn't get away with doing this to us!!!!!! why are we being treated differently to the 1000 other candidates????

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dedede

loukay that doesnt sound right that should be a hole number would you not ask for yur results back just to see where the half came from... sorry to hear that.i didnt pass either... i got in for nursing course, ill try again next yr. it sad i thought i done ok. i wasnt fast enough, i didnt finish my maths or job s. for every one that passed well done.

dedede wrote: »
    loukay that doesnt sound right that should be a hole number would you not ask for yur results back just to see where the half came from... sorry to hear that.i didnt pass either... i got in for nursing course, ill try again next yr. it sad i thought i done ok. i wasnt fast enough, i didnt finish my maths or job s. for every one that passed well done.

they do not allow you to see your papers...someone has already asked.

sarahk8 wrote: »
    they do not allow you to see your papers...someone has already asked.

Really? I got the impression you could ask for your papers back. jeez, this only gets worse doesnt it? I honestly dont think I will be doing this again next year. This lot are simply incompetent and unreliable.

dedede wrote: »

Best of luck next year dedede:)

do you hear from CAO even if you dont get a place?? or do you only hear from them if you doget a place?? stupid question i kno, but im new to all of this!! :) lol

anybody on here applied to LYIT???

• Advertisement

siobhan c wrote: »
    anybody on here applied to LYIT???

yea i have but didn't pass becuause my score for j.s was 42.56 :(

Advertisement