Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mature code nursing written assessment 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭bhamsteve

sarah012 wrote: »
    Good luck to everyone.

Does anyone know do you have to wait until you are offered a place before you can apply for back to education allowance or can you apply straight away? I will only be able to do nursing if i can get back to education allowance.

Any advice/comments appreciated.

Fingers crossed ye will all get what ye want.

I'm in the same position as you. On the form BTE1 it asks you for the details of the college and the course you will be attending, so in my case I will have to wait to see which offer I get, as I've applied for several.
    If you have only applied for one course I guess you could fill it in and submit it at anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sarah012

Thanks for your reply. Did you get any offers yet? I thought round 1 offers were due out today but i didn't get anything in my post this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Heather170788

Ya I'm a little confused also, I thought we would get something in the post today? Will they be on the Internet tomorrow do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭bhamsteve

sarah012 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply. Did you get any offers yet? I thought round 1 offers were due out today but i didn't get anything in my post this morning

Offers will be on the CAO website, for those that applied online, tomorrow morning 10am. I'm not sure what the story is for those that applied by post.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Mims1711

Hi Sarah,
    If your post is anything like mine you probably will get it tomorrow. The CAO letter last week was posted on the 26th and I didn't get it till 29th!!! Good Luck to everyone thank God the wait is nearly over!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 siobhan c

Ya I'm a little confused also, I thought we would get something in the post today? Will they be on the Internet tomorrow do you know?
    the offers are being sent out today the 4th so we will get them tomorrow!!!! the list of offers will be up on the CAO website at 6am tomorrow, so we will know before we even get post!!!
    cant believe they are out tomorrow, gutted as i know i wont get offered a place!! :( its my first year appling so i hope i do better next year as i dont think i could do it again after that...................
    good luck everyone xxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭patk72

siobhan c wrote: »
    the offers are being sent out today the 4th so we will get them tomorrow!!!! the list of offers will be up on the CAO website at 6am tomorrow, so we will know before we even get post!!!
    cant believe they are out tomorrow, gutted as i know i wont get offered a place!! :( its my first year appling so i hope i do better next year as i dont think i could do it again after that...................
    good luck everyone xxxxx
    thanks siobhan and you'd never know:) good luck tommorrow and as you say there always next year,could be worth doing the pre exam courses they run,i found it a great help.best E150 i ever spent.

The results are out at 6am?? Wow that's early, best of luck to everyone!! Do we just log on to the Cao website in the morning as usual and put in our application number etc and will it be there that we will see a notice regarding offers??

patk72 wrote: »
    thanks siobhan and you'd never know:) good luck tommorrow and as you say there always next year,could be worth doing the pre exam courses they run,i found it a great help.best E150 i ever spent.
    yea will defo be doing that pre exam course next year, maybe twice!! :):D ha!!! kicking myself i didnt do it this year aaaahhhh well...........

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭patk72

:D Tralee it in sept:D:D:D good luck to all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 freddieelmo

MIDS TRINITY... can't belileve it :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Marcxx77

Got general in LYIT, 1st choice ! So happy!:D hope every1 got what they wanted xox

General - Trinity Meath/James 3rd choice Thrilled:D:D Any one else get this offer be nice to meet up the first day. Good luck to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 NiamhOlivia

Hi,

I applied for Children's and General in DCU and Trinity as my first two choices and put General in DCU as my third choice. I have been meaning to take it out as I really want to do Children's Nursing but i didn't and now that's what I've been offered!! Does anyone now if I decline this offer will I get another one from further down my list? I got 230 in the written assesment and was hoping that was enough for Children's & General but obviously not!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Hi,

I applied for Children's and General in DCU and Trinity as my first two choices and put General in DCU as my third choice. I have been meaning to take it out as I really want to do Children's Nursing but i didn't and now that's what I've been offered!! Does anyone now if I decline this offer will I get another one from further down my list? I got 230 in the written assesment and was hoping that was enough for Children's & General but obviously not!!

Hi NiamhOlivia,

Unfortunately you cant be offered anything lower down on your list of choices, only higher. CAO reckons that you have listed them in order of preference and that you would want your third choice above anything below that. But you can be offered higher choices if they become available.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 stevie44

Does anyone know if they publish the order of merit list? I got into general nursing in UCD but was just curious if I was close to getting into children's and generals.

I would like to see where I came too. I didn't realise how few places are given to mature students! It should be more! :(

Marcxx77 wrote: »
    Got general in LYIT, 1st choice ! So happy!:D hope every1 got what they wanted xox[/QU
    congrats!! :):) ur soooooooo lucky, i had general, physc and ID in LYIT only as my choices!! GUTTED i didnt get any offers and i know i def dont have any chance of 2nd round offers in aug cause i only got 208!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh well!!!!! :(
    hope u enjoy the course!! xx

• Registered Users Posts: 37 lc7777

hi all, well done all who got what they wanted:-) anyone doing psychiatric nursing in trinity in September?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 MzMollz

Heading to ucc to do midwifery...don't think it has hit me yet!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭cat87

I'm heading to Trinity to study Midwifery!! anyone else??

cat87 wrote: »
    I'm heading to Trinity to study Midwifery!! anyone else??

Cat I'm doing midwifery in trinity too, can't wait!! Do you know roughly when the course starts?

Cat I'm doing midwifery in trinity too, can't wait!! Do you know roughly when the course starts?

Yeah GO US!! :) We start the 17th of September, well that's our registration/orientation week, so I'd say it will be officially down to classes then the following week.So excited and nervous! How are you feeling? Are you moving to Dublin or so live there already?

cat87 wrote: »

Yeah GO US!! :) We start the 17th of September, well that's our registration/orientation week, so I'd say it will be officially down to classes then the following week.So excited and nervous! How are you feeling? Are you moving to Dublin or so live there already?

I'm living here at the moment and working full time, but it's a business job and iv always wanted to do nursing so waited till I was a mature student to go back. Are you from Dublin or do you have to do a big move? I wonder how big the class is in total? Do you know how many mature students got a place in this course?

I'm living here at the moment and working full time, but it's a business job and iv always wanted to do nursing so waited till I was a mature student to go back. Are you from Dublin or do you have to do a big move? I wonder how big the class is in total? Do you know how many mature students got a place in this course?

Yeah I've to move but I don't mind. There's 40 places in total, I think around 10 of those are matures as far as i know :)

I accepted my place online and received an email to say they have updated my offer to say I've accepted. Anyone know how long do I wait for Trinity to send out an Information/Enrolment Pack. Thanx:)

Mims1711 wrote: »
    I accepted my place online and received an email to say they have updated my offer to say I've accepted. Anyone know how long do I wait for Trinity to send out an Information/Enrolment Pack. Thanx:)

I accepted my offer on-line and haven't received any confirmation from CAO yet. We're one of the latest colleges back so I'd say we'll be waiting another few weeks for the info packs from Trinity.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Maxiebaby

Only seeing this thread now, pity I didn't see it when I was chewing my nails to my elbows! :D I got 254 on the exam and got General Nursing in Waterford, so delighted!! anyone else heading for Waterford? one of the guys that done a course in Nursing studies with me this year got ID nursing in Waterford and friends hubby got Psyc in Waterford! :) hope everyone got offers or gets the ones they want on the next round! I was offered Social Studies in Carlow too but obviously took GNursing! but got a letter from them today saying sorry but they wern't offering places on this round and I'd have to wait to the next round of offers!?? LOL just as well!!!:rolleyes:

Hi guys Trinity are holding a Financial Seminar for Incoming Mature Students.

It will talk about Grant Applications, BTEA, financial matters etc. Its in the
    Davis Theatre from 10am to 12 noon Thursday 26th July. All those who have accepted a mature offer from TCD are welcome to attend. No need to register just turn up on the day. I'm going to head in. If anyone else is going it would be nice to meet up for a coffee:)

• Advertisement

Mims1711 wrote: »
    Hi guys Trinity are holding a Financial Seminar for Incoming Mature Students.

It will talk about Grant Applications, BTEA, financial matters etc. Its in the
    Davis Theatre from 10am to 12 noon Thursday 26th July. All those who have accepted a mature offer from TCD are welcome to attend. No need to register just turn up on the day. I'm going to head in. If anyone else is going it would be nice to meet up for a coffee:)

Heya I think I'll go, could use some advice :) So would love to meet for coffee!

Advertisement