Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mature code nursing written assessment 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 freddieelmo

why is the qualifying score in the job simulation so high...

• Registered Users Posts: 37 lc7777

me too i didnt do well in the job simulation!!!:(

Do they expect people to score 100 percent in the job simulation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Maggiejoe804

I'm
    The same in the job stimulation. Job stimulation pass mark seems very high. Is this right or am I just grasping at straws here thinking they made a mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭paul4green

mum got a score of 172, so she doesn't qualify? true?

Email was so badly laid out it was hard to tell what they were on about

• Advertisement

e mail was desperatly bad in its lay out!!well it says the lowest score was 176 so i dont know what that means with a score of 172< is the score of 176 the lowest qualifying number

• Registered Users Posts: 4 missbreener

I dont really understand the email, very badly laid out. My overall score was 211, but didnt qualify in the job simulation, got 58. Does that mean I dont qualify over all??? Very confused!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MS E Elliott

hey i scored 208...so disappointed!!...really bad email...seemly you have to pass all 4 sections??!!...fair enough but why is job simulation so high??...could it be a mistake...they should really send a better email, more clearer...and state whether your been put on the merits list at the beginning...how have others done in job simulation??

I'm
    The same in the job stimulation. Job stimulation pass mark seems very high. Is this right or am I just grasping at straws here thinking they made a mistake?

I don't know I am HOPING it's a mistake as the score seems way too high considering the score for the rest of them are so low... you know... like 89 .. that's huge...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sarah012

I got an overall of 230 but came below minimum in job stimulation. What does this mean? Have i a chance of being offered a place or not? I had to read it a few times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Moyi

To be honest really pissed off I reckon I wont get any offers like only have a score of 182 which places me in lower-middle group..dont even have the opportunity to defend myself with an interview seeing as that system was gotten rid of. Really upset wanted this so badly.:(

i got 208 aswell but failed the last section by scoring 59 but it still says its in the upper middle percent so whatever that means

look at this....
    The Skills Experience Questionnaire is
    about you and your experience, interest and achievements. The purpose of
    collecting this information is to compare your preferences with
    characteristics that we have identified as being necessary for a career in
    Nursing, in a way that is fair and consistent with everyone. Your score on
    this test was 54 , which is above the minimum standard and places you in
    the Upper Group (64% - 84%)

So I am above the minimum standard and in the upper group yet I didnt qualify?????

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sully2012

Hi I got 195 didnt do so well on the job Simulation Exercise, the Qualifying score is 89 it seem really high and unfair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 icantwait

well i scored 200 i feel its really bad lay out and dont think its fair as we dont know where we stand can i ask someone is our score all our marks added together cause if it is i score 213 bit confusing

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Tinfoilhead

Hi all, didnt do great myself failed the job simulation aswell!! just wondering did anyone get the mark in it???

Sully2012 wrote: »
    Hi I got 195 didnt do so well on the job Simulation Exercise, the Qualifying score is 89 it seem really high and unfair

I totally agree..it is a very high mark.
    Although have just been on RC facebook and there is a conundrum over there that they havent added up score correctly so I checked mine and they say I got 182 but I have gotten 194??whats the deal dont:confused: understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Same as with the job simulation , and when I added my score it's higher then they said?

so no one yet on this any way has seemed to hit the score in the job simulation thats a bit weird like you would expect some one too

Fingers crossed that its a mistake .. they have already made a mistake by sending emails with the wrong names on them... that qualifying score has to be too high... I emailed career services the people I done the pre aptitude course with so I will let you know what they say... like all of us on this can hardly all have failed the job simulation...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Some tactic by them sending it at 9 on Friday night with nobody around to take calls or answer emails about it, the feckers.

Some tactic by them sending it at 9 on Friday night with nobody around to take calls or answer emails about it, the feckers.

I totally agree ridiculous. It seems that everybody has gotten the wrong score and has failed job simulation??If this is the case how do we know if they haven't messed up our individual scores for all the parts of the test? this is aload of ****e feeling completely in the dark here. Someone over on facebook reckons that the qualifying score for last year on job simulation was 45? not happy at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 kernaw

This is my scores...hoping job simulation is a mistake

Your Overall Score score was 234 which places you in the Top Group
    > (87% - 100%). It is important to recognise that your scores represent how
    > you performed on the test day and are not an indication of the full range
    > of strengths and qualities that you may possess. Candidates are required
    > to reach the qualifying standard in each of the tests. A summary of your
    > scores is as follows: Skills Experience Questionnaire Your Score 61
    > Qualifying Score 36 Verbal Test Your Score 60 Qualifying Score 17
    > Numerical Test Your Score 56 Qualifying Score 12 Student Nurse Job
    > Simulation Exercise Your Score 63 Qualifying Score 89

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MS E Elliott

i did the exam in 2010 and just realised the qualifying scores in both verbal and numerical have gone down so much..
    2010 verbal..qualifying score was 44 now its 17
    numerical was 40 now its only 12
    whats that about??
    so annoyed...horrible email...i hope they have made a big mistake!!lol..chance would be a fine thing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sully2012

What do we do now, this is a joke waiting all this time and still not have a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 missbreener

It's absolutely ridiculous, we are still none the wiser :confused:

i did the exam in 2010 and just realised the qualifying scores in both verbal and numerical have gone down so much..
    2010 verbal..qualifying score was 44 now its 17
    numerical was 40 now its only 12
    whats that about??
    so annoyed...horrible email...i hope they have made a big mistake!!lol..chance would be a fine thing!!

I completely agree here the qualifying scores seem very low for the tests ... I think they have made a mistake and they will know all about it monday morning... This is so unfair to everyone.. we finally get the results we are waiting for and they can be wrong ... unbelievable

i would be embarrassed sending an email like that so unproffesional no paragraphs no punctuation it was a big jumbled up mess:/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 icantwait

so confused someone told me that last year it was done in merit like the lower the number the better this is so confusing as we dont know where we stand

• Advertisement

I still havent got mine!

Why have you guys got your scores and I havent?

Advertisement