Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mature code nursing written assessment 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sarah012

Thank you everyone. I wud not have been able to cope without your posts today. Best of luck to everyone i hope ye all get wat ye want :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Carm29

I am so disappointed and lacking confidence in the supposed powers that be who score our tests....the email is a farce and I just know I should have gotten a higher score.....The thing with the job simulation is a complete joke....

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cc81

Is there anyone out there who got over 89 in the simulation test?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 LylaElise

@Tinfoilhead- yep, feel cheated on the verbal. Like lc7777, I was 100% confident and happy with my answers but only scored 52, yet I scored 51 with maths, even though I only answered 28 of them ( was happy with those aswers, but still). Feel slightly cheated on skills also but sure you'd never know what their looking for so just answered honestly. Also in a way job scenario, I stuck to the whole student nurse "must know there place", always seek permission from supervisor, staff nurse etc. but that didnt seem to do any good.

LylaElise wrote: »
    @Tinfoilhead- yep, feel cheated on the verbal. Like lc7777, I was 100% confident and happy with my answers but only scored 52, yet I scored 51 with maths, even though I only answered 28 of them ( was happy with those aswers, but still). Feel slightly cheated on skills also but sure you'd never know what their looking for so just answered honestly. Also in a way job scenario, I stuck to the whole student nurse "must know there place", always seek permission from supervisor, staff nurse etc. but that didnt seem to do any good.

Just wondering LylaElise what you got in job sim coz i did the same as you stuck with the idea that a student nurse should always make sure with a senior on decisions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 siobhan c

i got 215 which i was happy enough with as it is my first year doing the test, i know its not high enough to get a place but still proud of myself for passing! was happy till i read through all the posts as alot of people are saying when they counted up their scores they actually got higher but for me when i counted them i added up 210, so kinda hope'n the result they said i got is right!! my highest score was the job simulation which i got 69!

@ Siobhan C...what type of approach did you take with the job simulaton...did you answer most thinking that you would ask a superior or confirm with them or did you do your own thing?? What did you apply for?

@ Carm29- I scored 55. I just looked at it again and something struck me as odd. It states by scoring 55 I scored BELOW the minimum standard, yet they put me into the upper middle group (47%-61%) for this one with all the others in order to get into upper middle group you had to score ABOVE the minimun standard.

I dont get it...any of it really lol!

If you got 69 you did not pass! 89 was the pass mark for simulation, still I do not see how this could be

LylaElise wrote: »
    @ Carm29- I scored 55. I just looked at it again and something struck me as odd. It states by scoring 55 I scored BELOW the minimum standard, yet they put me into the upper middle group (47%-61%) for this one with all the others in order to get into upper middle group you had to score ABOVE the minimun standard.

I dont get it...any of it really lol!

I honestly dont either, I only got 50 in that but was still in middle group and it seems no one on here pass the job sim....they havent a clue what they are doing!! Where did you apply for or what was your first choice??

• Advertisement

Carm29 wrote: »
    I honestly dont either, I only got 50 in that but was still in middle group and it seems no one on here pass the job sim....they havent a clue what they are doing!! Where did you apply for or what was your first choice??

I'm so glad I'm on here getting this kind of feedback, feel for anyone who isn't and are totally dismayed and confused by the results. I was only able to apply to UCC and UL this year due to reasons already mentioned in this thread. First choice general, and I also have psyciatric and disabilities down.

Like Siobhan c its my first year trying and due to the fetac course in nursing studies i was doing plus also working I had no time to prepare for test, it came around before i knew it so actually quite pleased with how I did, I know its not good enough though.

Where did you apply and what are your choices?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 siobhan c

@ Siobhan C...what type of approach did you take with the job simulaton...did you answer most thinking that you would ask a superior or confirm with them or did you do your own thing?? What did you apply for?
    i honestly cant really remember, i think i answered it honestly as in what i would do in them situations! i didnt mean i passed but i really was expecting a much lower mark than what i got! of course im dissapointed i wont get a place but will try again next year! i applied for phyciatric nursing and general nursing.

Very confusing altogether,I am still thinking the worst though. I doubt they made a mistake in these results. If you did not get 89 in the simulation test, then you probably did not qualify.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Converse86

If you were to substitute that one number "89" for say ..... "49" .... Does anyone else feel the email would make sense ???!!!?????

I hope your right! but I dunno. It would be great if someone knew what was really happening.By my calculations with the number they said was to get in <1055> you would need to have at least scored 66%.I could be wrong though!

Something def has to be wrong. There are 80 marks for each section, so how can the min marks to qualify job sim be 89?? And why are the min marks to qualify the maths and verbal sections so low? 12 and 17 out of 80, surely you should need to get at least above 25/30 or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 fifip

check out publicjobs.ie they say there is an issue with the results sent yesterday and they are withdrawing the emails and will contact everyone today

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭patk72

just received the email incorrect totals!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mummysgirl

if you go on to public jobs they advise they know about the f**k up and will be in contact later today, i just received email to say they are aware of the problems:D

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

Just got my email about incorrect totals!!! Delighted they are addressing the matter :D

• Advertisement

Yay....finally...thanks to Catherine on our FB page who got her journalist husband to look into this with the CEO of Public Jobs....Kudos to her :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 fifip

ye they have said they added up the scores wrong but they haven't mentioned the min score of 89 for the js test and thats what id be more concerned about because if you dont pass all four then you fail the whole thing even if you got good points

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cabingirl

Does anyone know what the minimum score for the job simulation was last year?

Good luck to all by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 eimseypoo

We are aware of an issue with the Mature Code Nursing 2012
    results which issued yesterday Friday 18th May. Please disregard the
    email you received. It would appear that the scores in the email are not
    correctly totalled. We are looking into the matter and will contact you
    again with an update on Monday 21st May. We would like to sincerely
    apologise for this error and for the confusion and anxiety it may have
    caused. We are working to put this right as soon as possible.

i just got this in my email....

• Registered Users Posts: 37 lc7777

just got my email there 2, yeah good that there re checking them and whatever but i am sorry i now have lost all faith in them and think that there credabilty for this system is gone and also i have no faith in the revised results that we will receive cause whos to say that there going be accurate either like its a joke seriously. like what kind of people cant write an email properly or add up a few numbers correctly when you know that they are getting sent to over a 1000 people

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dedede

i got it to, its a joke. will we get a new e mail on the 21 of may?...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭bhamsteve

Cabingirl wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the minimum score for the job simulation was last year?

Good luck to all by the way!

I've heard on the facebook page that it was 45 last year. Fingers crossed it's the same this year.
    What did you get? 51 for me, by far the worst of the 4 results.

Yay....finally...thanks to Catherine on our FB page who got her journalist husband to look into this with the CEO of Public Jobs....Kudos to her :D
    Hey there, could I please get the facebook page info off you, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭bhamsteve

group's called rollercoaster nursing/midwives

• Advertisement

Thanks

Advertisement