Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mature code nursing written assessment 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 siobhan c

im gonna be so upset if i get a lower result!!! wont be doing this test next year after all this crap............... soooooo mad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Storm Trooper Stu

If you call them, they will not, unfortunately give individual results.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭patk72

Right, just got off the phone to them, spoke to a very nice girl who told me the results should be out today and the score of 89 as a minimum was wrong and it should have been in the forty's. The problem seems to have occurred when the CAO transferred all of the applicant details to them via a xl spreadsheet.
    D'ont know if i would trust that seeing as i was told something different and they haven't been true to their word so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RubiksLeo

I'm not gonna ask them for my result! but if I'm not happy with the result I get, I will be asking for my test back, you are entitled to get it back under the data protection act!!

RubiksLeo wrote: »
    I'm not gonna ask them for my result! but if I'm not happy with the result I get, I will be asking for my test back, you are entitled to get it back under the data protection act!!
    i agree, we should be able to get them!!! i think they owe us that at least............. :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 sheepie

siobhan c wrote: »
    RubiksLeo wrote: »
    i agree, we should be able to get them!!! i think they owe us that at least............. :mad::mad::mad:

does anyone know the phone number to call

1890 449999 pas number

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cc81

I just rang there. They are in a meeting at the moment and the results are not out until tuesday[sometime] total disaster. I am doing my leaving Cert in 2 weeks, I also have another aptitude test tomorrow! stressed.com

cc81 wrote: »
    I just rang there. They are in a meeting at the moment and the results are not out until tuesday[sometime] total disaster. I am doing my leaving Cert in 2 weeks, I also have another aptitude test tomorrow! stressed.com
    good luck with exam and the next aptitude test!! wouldnt wanna be in your shoes :)

was on to them there they said that there are mistakes across the board on all sections and to bear with them. oh and disregard my result e mail i got on Friday, ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭lil_tuts

think i will be appealing my score when ever i do get it dont trust them at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dedede

im with you on that.i think i will to. i have an e mail with my candidate id number that does match the one they sent with my results. when i e mail them they sent me back an e mail saying that the one they sent me with my result is that one... i have 2 then.lol this is a big mess.... this is people lifes there fecken with. the new results will be sent out soon ,so i was told.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Cathy1h

Hi All

I have just managed to find my candidate ID and thankfully it's the correct one (mine). My score was 213 but I added it to 233 so a huge difference. Not sure what to expect when the new emails come out - how can any of us trust them?

Also, how can someone 'fail' the personality test?? The very first one we sat?? I saw someone else only scored 8 and know someone who scored very low too. I thought it was impossible to 'fail' that one but does anyone know, can those scores be rechecked if they're no different when we get these supposed 'revised' results??

Well done to the ladies on Joe Duffy today if they're reading this too, you all did great even if Joe didn't have a clue what he was talking about lol x

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Just only heard about this on Liveline today, well done firstly for getting the boardies plug in, Joe didn't like it (he-he). But seriously back to all of ye, I think its disgraceful what has happened, in this day and age for such cock-up's to be happening is really unacceptable. I hope ye all get the results ye deserve, well done ;-))

This might be a bit of a silly question, but what is a decent score? That gives you a good chance of getting a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Storm Trooper Stu

That depends on where you want to get into. If last years results are anything to go by a minimum of around 215-225 would be needed. some courses needed as high as 240.

Thanks, thats not so bad , as long as my new results don't go backwards!

I found the following info via the nursing career for you booklet and a publication on nursing boards ie, not sure how accurate, but it gives you an idea x

Last years highest score was 258 and Lowest was 176.

Scores required for St Angelas General = 234, Psychiatric = 214

Scores required for GMIT Castlebar General = 228, Psychiatric = 218
    Quota of places for FETAC 2012:
    St Angelas General = 1 Psychiatric = 1
    GMIT General = 5, Psychiatric = 2

Quota of places reserved for mature code applicants:
    St Angelas General = 4, Psychiatric = 5
    GMIT General = 4, Psychiatric = 5

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭achmairt

MzMollz wrote: »
    Hi all, I too sat the exam in Galway. Thank god I had the 9am one...couldnt have stewed all day!! Got on really well (i think) in all sections however only got 27 numerical Qs finished. Confident that those 27 are right but since Ive done the exam cant seem to relax!!! Minds working overtime...roll on may...:)

I got no email at all for an interview for mature nursing and I have seven years experience. Does this mean that I won't get called at all. I will be devastated if this is so....

achmairt wrote: »
    I got no email at all for an interview for mature nursing and I have seven years experience. Does this mean that I won't get called at all. I will be devastated if this is so....
    there is no interviews anymore, just the aptitude test :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭achmairt

siobhan c wrote: »

Is there a contact number I can ring to find out what happened to my application. I got an email back in April with the wrong name on it for an interview in Cork (I live in Galway) They told me to disregard it but I have heard nothing at all since. It looks like I missed the aptitude test through their mis-management !!!

Is there a contact number I can ring to find out what happened to my application. I got an email back in April with the wrong name on it for an interview in Cork (I live in Galway) They told me to disregard it but I have heard nothing at all since. It looks like I missed the aptitude test through their mis-management !!!

1890 449999 pas have your cao number and email they sent at hand.feck what a screw up:eek:

You had to go onto publicjobs.ie with your CAO number to get the invite for the aptitude test - print it off and take it with you.
    I'd definately ring them, it sounds as though they didn't give you the right info at all :( x

did anyone get an e mail from them today?

sheepie wrote: »
    did anyone get an e mail from them today?
    No not heard anything from them today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 keelanclarke1

Heard nothing from them at all, its a bit if a joke to be honest, dont know what to think at all, do i totally disregard 'my' results?
    I might apply for a job there for any sums they might want added or subtracted, something tells me id be too qualified for these shower!

will probably be tomorrow evening before we hear anything!!

Heard nothing from them at all, its a bit if a joke to be honest, dont know what to think at all, do i totally disregard 'my' results?
    I might apply for a job there for any sums they might want added or subtracted, something tells me id be too qualified for these shower!
    my 6 year old would probably do a better job!!!:D:D:rolleyes:

they told me to disregard my result e mail. its terrible carry on oh and they told me i would hear from them today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 07audia4

so sick annoyed with this crowd suposedly providing a professional service!!!! what joke!! been told in the email we received on sat that they would be in touch on monday, then i rang this morning and im told that results would be emailed in the afternoon, and still nothing, the least they could do is have the decent thing and krp us updated on there MESS!! involving our future. who the hell employed these people!!

Advertisement