Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballisodare Old Railway House (GS&WR)

Options
  • 15-04-2012 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone know of the existence of an old Railway House as owned by the Great Southern and Western Railway Company (GS&WR) in Ardcotten Ballisodare?.

Thanks....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Yes there is an old railway house there. I'm presuming it's the one on the bend. I don't know if there is much of it left now though. Ardcotton is in Collooney though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭Yeah Yeah Yeah

ahh...that explains it..thanks for that.

Is there a railway house/station in Cooloney?.....ooops, think Ive found it, old railway crossing keepers cottage, not sure of exact location though...where is Ardcotten/Ardcotton, is that on the old road left at Ballisodare roundabout, past Parkes garage?

I found your pictures of Ballisadare Railway station, they are super, very spooky too..:eek:

On a different subject, do you ever notice any potential paranormal/unusual occurences in your photographs?

thanks

Advertisement