Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with Meteor billing!

Options
  • 15-04-2012 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I am looking for some guidance in relation to an issue with Meteor.
    We signed up for mobile BB in Feb, in the store we gave all our information including our direct debit details. I get a letter to state we have not paid our bill so yesterday I logged on to our my meteor account for the first time and noticed the balances was +100e I reviewed the usage incase we went over which is not likely as we rarely use it but it turns out they do not have our direct details on our account so no payments have been taking for three months leaving us with a nice big bill now to pay which is an incovience to us as like everybody we manage our money on a monthly bases.

The way I see it is we provided them in the store with our direct debit details on the application form and they have not put them on the account which is there problem, they would not process an application without the details!

Do we have to pay this fee?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

You've been using the service - you must pay for it. Call Meteor and see about sorting out a payment plan for the large bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Of course you have to pay the fee.

I'm actually surprised it took Meteor 3 months to send you a letter, usually they're down on top of their customers like a tonne of bricks before the bill is even due.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Apple_Mc

The way I am seeing it at the moment is we made a commitment to a bill plan, provided all of the information that was needed but they have failed to keep up their side of the deal and take the money each month - I too was suprised it took them that long and that they didn't cop on that they didn't have our payment details and now we are on a collection steps list for there incompantance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

A similar thing happened with me and O2 Broadband.
    We had a fairly large bill and we couldn't pay it off in one go so agreed a payment plan (weekly) to repay the debt. They were fairly sound about it so hopefully Meteor will be the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

OP, from my personal experience and from reading threads on boards Meteor are notorious for cocking up bill payments and billing periods (been there myself) but unfortunately, this does not exempt you from paying for a service you have used. I don't know about you but most people would notice if an amount had or had not been taken from their account on time every month.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Apple_Mc

The fact that I have never had an issue with any bills I never feel the need to check them or the online banking around the time they money comes out, we have all our DD come out in and around the same time and didn't notice the money wasn't taking! I will get back on to them tomorrow - thanks for your answers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Did you not notice that there were no debits on your account for meteor in several months? Despite the arrangement made to allow meteor access to your bank account it is still your responsibility to ensure your bill is paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

like everybody we manage our money on a monthly bases.

Can I ask how you didn't notice any bills from meteor? Like others have said you'll have to pay it and the most you can hope for is a payment plan.

Advertisement