Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We be ballin'... Ladies attire for Trinity Ball

Options
  • 15-04-2012 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey guys, so just wondering what all the girls are actually wearing to the ball, are we talking short dresses & flats? Would wedges (not ridiculously high ones, small enough) be completely out of the question? I don't plan on getting completely ****faced & have an excellent track record of keeping my balance on nights out number of falls= 0 number of stumbles...questionable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

cuteT93 wrote: »
    Hey guys, so just wondering what all the girls are actually wearing to the ball, are we talking short dresses & flats? Would wedges (not ridiculously high ones, small enough) be completely out of the question? I don't plan on getting completely ****faced & have an excellent track record of keeping my balance on nights out number of falls= 0 number of stumbles...questionable.

Yeah, wear a short dress. Also, avoid wearing a really nice dress with like, I dunno, nice embellishments and stuff because it'll probably get wrecked.

Wedges wouldn't be ridiculous, no. Although why bother? They'll be stamped on to bits and wrecked. I'll be wearing cheap, Penneys gladiator sandals as usual, and then probably throwing them out the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Ahoyhoy

I've worn pretty dresses with embellishments and they've been fine. I have worn full length ones and the hem gets pretty manky but it's nothing a dry cleaner can't handle, it's also nice because you don't feel bad about wearing flats. Otherwise in my book it's a fancy cocktail dress, something that is fancy enough that you'd feel weird wearing it to coppers or wherever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

I'm wearing a knee-length dress, no way do I want a long one trailing in the mud/under people's feet! It's purple satin though, I never get a chance to wear it out (looks a little too fancy for clubs).

I haven't been to the Ball before, but I have worn boots with wedges to college - and my ankles were wrecked with the cobbles! So bear that in mind! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cuteT93

Ok cool thanks, I might rethink the wedges or just bring flats. I'm just in first year & wasn't at a trinity ball before but I'm really scared as to how messy it's going to get, i just can't imagine it getting that messy, will there be muck everywhere? Are you walking a great distance from one stage to another? From everyone's description it sounds like oxegen is it really that bad?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Ahoyhoy

cuteT93 wrote: »
    Ok cool thanks, I might rethink the wedges or just bring flats. I'm just in first year & wasn't at a trinity ball before but I'm really scared as to how messy it's going to get, i just can't imagine it getting that messy, will there be muck everywhere? Are you walking a great distance from one stage to another? From everyone's description it sounds like oxegen is it really that bad?!

Ah no, it's not that bad at all! There's very little grassy area that you're allowed walk on. Your feet will get manky dirty anyway though. As soon as you're in a tent you're stepping all over sticky sticky booze so all the dirt sticks to your feet too! But the good news is you barely notice til the next day!

It's nowhere near as hard a slog as oxegen!

• Advertisement

Oh man, I've just checked the weather. 5 degrees max on Friday night... :( we're gonna be freezing! (Yeah, it would appear I'm being one of those really boring people discussing weather :o, but it might be a good thing to know!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Missmiddleton

I've a knee length dress too and am seriously considering wearing flats. I'm going all out for everything else like hair and make-up so I don't go too far down the dreaded casual road.

I've gone against my own advice and am gonna wear wedges :o:o They're not very high though and I'll have flats in the bag... Bets on how long I'll last before changing? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I'd bring wellies!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Larianne wrote: »
    I'd bring wellies!!

*Avoids temptation to post popular joke from the Inbetweeners*

• Advertisement
Advertisement