Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was there ever rave at the Strawberry Beds?

Options
  • 15-04-2012 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe I've imagined this but was there ever a rave on down at the strawberry beds/Liffey? I'm pretty sure I heard rumours of it before but cant for the life of me remember anything concrete. Can anyone shed some light on this for me and some details, if at all applicable.

Did it exist?
    When was it?
    Was there a charge to enter?
    Why did it stop etc?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

The Anglers pub ran a nightclub for a while a number of years back called "beds".

Not aware of anything other than that in the Strawberry beds area.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Oh thanks Chuck, didnt know the Anglers had a nightclub! But the thing i'm thinking of was more of an outside event, like in a field or some such. More than likely illegal! Again, i cant say for certain where i've heard of this..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

never heard of it at all and belieive me i would have known unless it was pre 94

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

never heard of it at all and belieive me i would have known unless it was pre 94

In 94, it was the Brigids GAA where we raved :D

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RTT

In 94, it was the Brigids GAA where we raved :D

Yeah I remember and the lads dressed in their eclipse or xworks jeans!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

There was one in a tunnel built under the m50 motorway bridge, god only knows what year it was my memory of that time is hazy enough!! I'd guess around 96-98 kinda time

There was one in a tunnel built under the m50 motorway bridge, god only knows what year it was my memory of that time is hazy enough!! I'd guess around 96-98 kinda time

Yep this sounds exactly like the story I heard. Man, it's so underground that even the all-knowing boardsies aint too privy to it!! I'd say it was absolutely nuts. Have you any other info on it at all?!

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭heffo500

There was a series of rave in a house on the strawberry beds a few years that had been rented out after the original owner died however these were broken by the Gardai are reports from local residents. They seemed to last for ages. Some of the ravers were nearly knocked down for standing on the road. The house has now been sold in the last few months.

This is the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bighorsebiceps

the only rave i went to was down the backend of castleknock in a field 3 - 4 years ago.
    Roughly 300 people (all under 30) in a field a dj and a generator.
    I went down with some m8s after the pub one night to see all the hype.

Was good crak for about two hours then the old bill came.

Coordinated arrest tacts, around fifty guards running down the hill after us accompanied by a helicopter spolight was absolute madness. If you've ever seen Jurassic Park 2 and the Last velociraptor scene in the long grass, that was exactly what it was like except with uniforms.

Was exciting :)

the only rave i went to was down the backend of castleknock in a field 3 - 4 years ago.
    Roughly 300 people (all under 30) in a field a dj and a generator.
    I went down with some m8s after the pub one night to see all the hype.

Was good crak for about two hours then the old bill came.

Coordinated arrest tacts, around fifty guards running down the hill after us accompanied by a helicopter spolight was absolute madness. If you've ever seen Jurassic Park 2 and the Last velociraptor scene in the long grass, that was exactly what it was like except with uniforms.

Was exciting :)

THIS!!!! This is what I heard about obviously. That's class haha. Do you know how it was arranged or anything? Was it like a Project X thing!? Any pics at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 bighorsebiceps

haha yeah i was wondering myself what rave would be on in the strawberry beds!
    no pictures from it...lads from castleknock organize it annually i think as far as i know.
    i literally came out of a pub that night with the lads and some fella we knew asked us to come down. So down we went bought bottles from the pub and headed through dozens of fields, hopped a fun fences and ended up in a field with a big pit in the middle surrounded by motorways (up the travelodge direction)....no joke there was hundreds of people out of the head....was mad to see but great crack....alot of pple got caught by the old bill...glad to see i got away.........ill ask a lad i knw about it might be gone to crap now though since everyone would of been younger back then.

nevertheless the "rave" was poppin !

Advertisement