Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multi-Lines

Options
  • 15-04-2012 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi,

I have two phone and two numbers (both of which I pay for myself), one of which I use for personal calls (an iPhone) and another for work calls (an old Nokia). Both are on the vodafone network at the moment.

What I'd like to do is carry around one phone, and be able to get calls and texts at both numbers. Ideally be able to disable the work one when I didn't want work calls (or Vice versa)

Vodafone temporary had a service called Split-Sim a few years ago, which was effectivelty 2 SIM in one, and depending on what PIN number you entered a different SIM would be activated. It was OK, but not great, and you could only get calls and texts on the activated side of the SIM (although it would automatically forward calls to the other number if you wanted, but obviously not texts).

Do any Irish carriers support multiple lines? I know most phones support it. There is nothing on the websites, and the stores don't really seem to know.

I'd prefer not to get one of those weird multi-SIM phones if possible.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

unnamed wrote: »
    Hi,

I have two phone and two numbers (both of which I pay for myself), one of which I use for personal calls (an iPhone) and another for work calls (an old Nokia). Both are on the vodafone network at the moment.

What I'd like to do is carry around one phone, and be able to get calls and texts at both numbers. Ideally be able to disable the work one when I didn't want work calls (or Vice versa)

Vodafone temporary had a service called Split-Sim a few years ago, which was effectivelty 2 SIM in one, and depending on what PIN number you entered a different SIM would be activated. It was OK, but not great, and you could only get calls and texts on the activated side of the SIM (although it would automatically forward calls to the other number if you wanted, but obviously not texts).

Do any Irish carriers support multiple lines? I know most phones support it. There is nothing on the websites, and the stores don't really seem to know.

I'd prefer not to get one of those weird multi-SIM phones if possible.

Thanks.

You just need a phone that takes two SIMs. The networks have no visibility on this.

Advertisement