Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bad advice by moderator on gas safety

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Tbh I doubt that I, the Help Desk mods or any of the other admins are in any way qualified to know whether you or Poor Uncle Tom is correct as none of us are involved in gas installation to the best of my knowledge. Your best bet would probably be to PM the other forum mods and ask them to review the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭anuprising

the forum mod
    banned me and deleted my last post . if you could forward this to the revelent persons in boards for there attention .
    i have told the mod that i intend to forward the thread to bord gais and rgi to get thier view if its bad advice or not
    if a mod doesnt agree with someone they cant just ban them and delete thier post ,
    they are represenatives of boards

i am am rgi and my credentials are open for inspection ,i can provide a link to my registration on the rgi website

here is a copy of my deleted post

"unreal
    still argueing a point ,a stupid one . soot is mentioned in the original post .

natural gas and lpg are clean burning fuels WHEN they are set up correctly and the appliance has been set up correctly . for your future knowledge lpg is cleaner than natural gas at the moment ,a lot of sulphur in nat gas but you should know how this manifests at appliances and pipework .

soot is carbon .carbon based so the presence is there .

if you dont mind i am going to escalate the thread up to boards customer service .you are a moderator on behalf of boards.ie and in my professional opinion you are giving bad advice on gas safety . its not a points scoring process safety is the number one issue here .in my opinion you shouldnt post if you know nothing of the subject especially about gas. "

i cant see how that last post deserves a ban

i am concerned about a posters safety and gave professional advice only to be ridiculed by a moderator

regards
    anuprising

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

anuprising wrote: »
    the forum mod
    banned me and deleted my last post . if you could forward this to the revelent persons in boards for there attention .

My point is that there are no relevant people to asses which of you is correct among the Help Desk mods or admins, we're not involved in gas installation. That's why I suggested you PM the other forum mods. As regards your ban from the forum, if you've spoken to the mod about it and are not satisfied with the outcome you may appeal it in the Dispute Resolution Forum where a CMod will have a look at it for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement