Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flag football anyone?

Options
  • 15-04-2012 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭

you may have seen the post in the NFL boards but there's a flag football team looking for players and I thought I'd mention it here.

Ben/SantryRed (nice meeting you in person) and myself headed over to them today to check it out. There was only 5 of us there but it was a bit of a laugh and I'll be back. Anyone else interested? It's in Glasnevin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

McG wrote: »
    you may have seen the post in the NFL boards but there's a flag football team looking for players and I thought I'd mention it here.

Ben/SantryRed (nice meeting you in person) and myself headed over to them today to check it out. There was only 5 of us there but it was a bit of a laugh and I'll be back. Anyone else interested? It's in Glasnevin

Already play in college, might come across you guys! There is a tournament in Maynooth next week, think the 86ers are playing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Would love to and also try out for one of the IAFL teams but between astro, madden, boxing training, work trips i'd be shot if i took up something else :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

I would be interested aswell but its only on the weekends at the moment which doesnt suit and i have been injured this past three months so very very unfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Raoul wrote: »
    I would be interested aswell but its only on the weekends at the moment which doesnt suit and i have been injured this past three months so very very unfit.

Fitness probably not a huge issue. I thought it might be good exercise but didn't work up a sweat in 2 hours there.. Maybe its tougher when more people are there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

It's a bit of craic lads. You don't need to be fit at all and it's a casual thing first and foremost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Anybody here at the Maynooth flag tournament yesterday?

Shane.C wrote: »
    Anybody here at the Maynooth flag tournament yesterday?

I was ineed. Yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Shane was the part of the team that dominated. Wait till they go contact. Go hard or go home.

Can't wait till i finish my exams and can play.

Yea, i was with the warriors. Great tournament very competitive. Heated final but thats whats needed. What teams were you guys on? Contact is the next step for us.

Yea, i was with the warriors. Great tournament very competitive. Heated final but thats whats needed. What teams were you guys on? Contact is the next step for us.

Congrats Shane, it was a great final indeed. I was on the maynooth team, so played you guys in your second game, which got fairly heated too! And I was also the referee on your sideline for the majority of the final, refereeing that was far harder playing! :pac:

• Advertisement

I was the guy wearing the falcons hat, was a horrible day for me, my calf was tight and i had a dislocated finger in the final! haha! yea refereeing that final must have been something else! I was talking to one of the refs on our sideline, was it you?

I was the guy wearing the falcons hat, was a horrible day for me, my calf was tight and i had a dislocated finger in the final! haha! yea refereeing that final must have been something else! I was talking to one of the refs on our sideline, was it you?

Haha I remember you! You were telling your coach your were ok and that you could go back on right? The refereeing was nuts, we have played flag for over a year and we rarely get half that many penalties and contentious rulings! Absolutely epic final though. I'm not sure tbh, probably talked to you briefly. You may also remember me as the guy who got into a fight with your QB :pac:

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Haha I remember you! You were telling your coach your were ok and that you could go back on right? The refereeing was nuts, we have played flag for over a year and we rarely get half that many penalties and contentious rulings! Absolutely epic final though. I'm not sure tbh, probably talked to you briefly. You may also remember me as the guy who got into a fight with your QB :pac:

Exactly! it's the final, i'm not gonna let a dislocated finger allow me to miss that! haha Ye had a good knowledge of flag, your receivers ran a lot of cross routes and you could find space, ye liked to throw it in and around the backfield too! Yea, i think we were labelled the bad boys after our QB getting ejected and our players screaming at the refs haha! It was extremely competitive, hard to keep quiet! Yea i think i remember that! Didn't you smile and tap his face to annoy him or something?

Exactly! it's the final, i'm not gonna let a dislocated finger allow me to miss that! haha Ye had a good knowledge of flag, your receivers ran a lot of cross routes and you could find space, ye liked to throw it in and around the backfield too! Yea, i think we were labelled the bad boys after our QB getting ejected and our players screaming at the refs haha! It was extremely competitive, hard to keep quiet! Yea i think i remember that! Didn't you smile and tap his face to annoy him or something?

Right you are! You see we had watched you guys destroy mullingar, their QB threw loads of long bombs and you guys kept picking them off. So our plan was lots of short routes, and it almost worked! Haha you guys were, but there was nothing in it really. Everyone was really dignified once the games were finished. Nah that wasnt me who tapped him, that was one of my team mates though. That was after he was ejected? I was the guy he threw the ball at which caused him to be ejected!

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Right you are! You see we had watched you guys destroy mullingar, their QB threw loads of long bombs and you guys kept picking them off. So our plan was lots of short routes, and it almost worked! Haha you guys were, but there was nothing in it really. Everyone was really dignified once the games were finished. Nah that wasnt me who tapped him, that was one of my team mates though. That was after he was ejected? I was the guy he threw the ball at which caused him to be ejected!

Yea, out safeties were very good! Good tactics from your side. Our backup QB did very well coming into that game, his first throw was a TD! Yea of course, everyone shook hands and the hostility wasn't there anymore! Yea, thats right! Right after he was ejected, one of your team mates did that and our QB called him curly sue or something! I think i remember you, yea! Very good day all in all, hailstones and sunshine in the final too haha! Will there be any more tournaments similar to that one in the near future, would you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

How do you go about entering a team in one of these tournaments?

Yea, out safeties were very good! Good tactics from your side. Our backup QB did very well coming into that game, his first throw was a TD! Yea of course, everyone shook hands and the hostility wasn't there anymore! Yea, thats right! Right after he was ejected, one of your team mates did that and our QB called him curly sue or something! I think i remember you, yea! Very good day all in all, hailstones and sunshine in the final too haha! Will there be any more tournaments similar to that one in the near future, would you know?

I remember him saying curly sue alright, that was hilarious. The hailstones at the start of the final made the occassion twice as epic :pac: I am.not sure regarding future tournaments at the moment. As our president said we are trying to gain a foothold within the IFFA,so the plan is to evebtually have an intercollegiate and inter club league. There are tournaent on every so often though, we were down in cork before christmas, so I'll let you know here if i know anything.

Raoul, the only requirnent to enter is that you have a team! For our tournament anyway you didnt need to be a registered iffa team. We had a group of friends turn up and play as a team.

Advertisement