Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steering wheel squeak

• 15-04-2012 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

As not to annoy a machanic I'm looking to fix this myself

When I turn the steering sometimes I get a squeak or some kind of grind from rubber sound.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

What car is it? Did you check your power steering fluid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

tossy wrote: »
    What car is it? Did you check your power steering fluid?

It's a 07 civic hatch and uses EPS but a new control unit was only put in recently and the steering itself is perfect apart from this noise

It appears it doesn't use power steering fluid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Do you have to turn the wheel fully or just a little bit?
    Some cars are known for having bit of a steering wheel squeak, like bmw e36. You can try googling honda civic steering wheel squeaks if you haven't already.

biko wrote: »
    Do you have to turn the wheel fully or just a little bit?
    Some cars are known for having bit of a steering wheel squeak, like bmw e36. You can try googling honda civic steering wheel squeaks if you haven't already.

Just turning the wheel at all.

It's not so much a squeak but more something rubber grinding off something

Already tried googling with no joy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

robbie_998 wrote: »
    Hello all,

When I turn the steering sometimes I get a squeak or some kind of grind from rubber sound.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks all

Don't worry about that....just bring pizza:cool:

• Advertisement

robbie_998 wrote: »
    Hello all,

Any suggestions ?

Thanks all

Don't worry about that....just bring pizza:cool:

I was gonna bring some today but it was a late start and near finishing time for yourself :P

Nice how all the guys in atlas know me and let me park there now and also walk around as I please and drive in the ramps :D

Of only I knew the first thing about cars I'd apply for a job :P

I'll drop in tomorrow doc :P (with pizza as payment :P )

Advertisement