Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Manning Memorial Dunshaughlin 10km Road Race 23/6/2012

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭clear thinking

4 stars (good)
    This whole "hill" thing is a bit over done. Mount Everest it was not.

Very enjoyable course in perfect conditions for running. Well done the organisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

4 stars (good)
    This whole "hill" thing is a bit over done. Mount Everest it was not.

I think the timing of it is a bigger factor. If it was inside the first mile no one would bat an eyelid. For people who go too fast too early it can be uncomfortable.

Actually if you look at the route it has a 3 metre overall drop according to my watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Great race, great value too (gotta love the massive spread of food afterwards, and a tech top too for €15, impressive), shame about my performance. Finished in 50.05, absolutely gutted not to break 50.

Needs more strawberries though (nearly out of them completely when I finished). Brian yoinked half of mine. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Needs more strawberries though (nearly out of them completely when I finished). Brian yoinked half of mine. :pac:

Run faster next year then and you won't have that problem ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭NiallG4

4 stars (good)
    gmurran wrote: »
    Some issue with the timing I believe.

Due to a problem with the generator at the 5K mark, there will be no 5k splits this year. Pity :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 anfearruaaris

Hi lads and ladies, it seems that we will not have the 5km splits, apologies for that. Well done to everyone and thank you for supporting the event once again in such good numbers. PB's seemed to be the everywhere and at all levels so that's a big +. Race report attached. Cheers and see you all next year for chapter 34

http://www.dunshaughlinac.com/10k.asp

Advertisement