Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trade Block Pointers

Options
  • 15-04-2012 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭

The trade block will open once week 17 is forwarded to the play offs.

I would like if at all possible, that in your first post of the trade block, at some point in the opening post, you put your available players and needs as following:

Player Name - Rating - Position - Potential - Key Stats if applicable
    i.e. Ray Rice - 96 - HB - A - Elusiveness 99

It will just make it easier for people to follow who you want to trade and their ratings and potential.

Also, each player is only allowed one trade block per off-season. So if you want to update your trade block with extra players, just add a post in your own specific thread.

Trading season will close at the end of Week 6.

Thanks lads and happy trading! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Nice one lads, thought I might the spreadsheet of all the rosters here, so will be seen by everyone. Might not get as many views in the other forums, and can very helpful instead of flicking around between LM pages

After last season, I would personally advise caution on trading and take two main facts into consideration:
    1. Progression of players doesn't got through until after Super Bowl
    2. The player stats on LM and on XBL are slightly off what the player's actual game stats are. The correct stats are in your 'Depth Chart' area of the Online Franchise (LM and EA confirmed this a few months ago).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

this board is going to get super crowded with 20 trade block posts (or 40 if people do pre/post progressions!). Would conference or divisional trade block threads be a better way to manage these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

20 trade blocks are fine. There won't be too much of an over crowd with them and personally I love to see all the activity :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

McG wrote: »
    this board is going to get super crowded with 20 trade block posts (or 40 if people do pre/post progressions!). Would conference or divisional trade block threads be a better way to manage these?

No we'll be keeping all trades for each team in one thread, people can just update the thread title to pre/post progression

• Advertisement

Could do an agreed trade thread as well, like we had on LM site last season. To keep track of all the madness that is bound to ensue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Any chance the Falcons can throw up a trade block, I'm interested in some of their players.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Out of interest, what sort of rating of players can you expect to find in the draft? Say 1st round, 2nd round and 3rd round for example?

Is it like the proper draft where you can expect to pick up elite 90's rated players in the first round, or because they're rookies are the ratings generally low with the scope for progression through the seasons?

Also, how many more seasons are we playing after this one?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Paully D wrote: »
    Out of interest, what sort of rating of players can you expect to find in the draft? Say 1st round, 2nd round and 3rd round for example?

Is it like the proper draft where you can expect to pick up elite 90's rated players in the first round, or because they're rookies are the ratings generally low with the scope for progression through the seasons?

Also, how many more seasons are we playing after this one?

Cheers.

Afaik, you'll pick up starters in the 80s in round one, maybe some mid 70-80 in round 2. Think we might squeeze in one more season after this :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Paully generally mid to high 80s, on the pfl forum there's a link their draft and tbh what madden though up was poor. After the second round it was worthless
    You will get the odd lt or lg or MLB who has a good rating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

There are some gems though. The Broncos had an amazing offense this year because they got their QB in the first round and then they got a very fast TE who dropped to him. And of course rookie Charone Sanders must've been a late round pick (unless Berty played it safe and drafted early) but he was the best pass rusher in the league.

I had fifth pick last season and got Joplin Mlb 85. Hes a wee superstar.

When is FA open, after the super bowl?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

It is open right now. :confused:

Raoul wrote: »
    It is open right now. :confused:

Man i must be loosing my marbles, I was sure last year we closed it from play offs til after the draft

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Maybe its meant to be. Or is it just closed from after the super bowl until the draft? Cos I remember we opened it straight after and there is a rush to get players. I can't wait for the draft.:)

Raoul wrote: »
    Maybe its meant to be. Or is it just closed from after the super bowl until the draft? Cos I remember we opened it straight after and there is a rush to get players. I can't wait for the draft.:)

I think you're right, it must close after the superbowl. I think its good to have open, its the handiest way to trade

Think anyone can

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Anyone can pick up free agents now (though there are very little good ones there) I think FA closes between Superbowl and draft while people are cutting their rosters to make way for draft picks, then a free for all after the draft.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Anyone can pick up free agents now (though there are very little good ones there) I think FA closes between Superbowl and draft while people are cutting their rosters to make way for draft picks, then a free for all after the draft.

Yeah that's the way it worked last year. Everyone needs to get down to 49 players before the draft.
    Then draft.
    Then mad rush for those impact free agents!

• Advertisement

Am I correct in thinking that a list of all the players in the draft goes up on xbox live after the superbowl?

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Am I correct in thinking that a list of all the players in the draft goes up on xbox live after the superbowl?

Yeah it did last year, on XBL and EA Sports website

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

As my draft pick will be one of the last what sort of overall am i looking at?

The reason being as i have a trade in the works involving a 1st round draft pick, with the redskins.

Bunkley DT 79 Ovr + 1st round draft pick for DT 87 Ovr Cofield.

OR

Bunkley DT 79 Ovr + Green RG 79 a rookie but will most likely develop, would Green's Ovr be similar to the Ovr i would be looking at for my 1st draft pick?

Have no experience with drafting really so any help would be appreciated!

This offer is only in the negotiation stages and any better offers will be recognised as I do not want the trade to be unfair.

Shane.C wrote: »
    As my draft pick will be one of the last what sort of overall am i looking at?

You can use the spreadsheet I put up earlier in this forum. CHeck players with 0 years experience and you will see what kind of ratings are around the players near the bottom end of first round. Likely in around 80 overall

What exactly do we have to do when a trade is agreed? I've never done one before so not really sure. Do we just drop the players to FA and let the other team pick them up? For draft picks then I take it we just have to draft the player the other person tells us to, or is it possible to trade them over Xbox or League Manager?

Cheers.

For trades Paully either drop into FA, aslong as its posted somewhere we can sort it out if someone picks up by mistake. LM normally works fine but didn't for titans/ravens despite it saying that it was complete so we just dropped the players into FA.

And as you say for draft picks, the other player needs to pick the player for you so you need to tell them go to draft for you

For trades Paully either drop into FA, aslong as its posted somewhere we can sort it out if someone picks up by mistake. LM normally works fine but didn't for titans/ravens despite it saying that it was complete so we just dropped the players into FA.

And as you say for draft picks, the other player needs to pick the player for you so you need to tell them go to draft for you

Thanks Heli.

I see on League Manager it gives you the option to include draft picks in the proposed trade. I take it that doesn't work then?

No it just is there to remind you what you've traded really. So if you go into make another trade you're 1st/2nd etc will be missing

Anyone have the list of upcoming draft players like we had last year?

• Advertisement
Advertisement