Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia driver issue

Options
  • 15-04-2012 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

I recently reinstalled windows on on a laptop (went form vista to xp) and, quite foolishly I know, forgot to back up drivers or take a list of ones I needed. I have pretty much everything i need now except for the graphics card.

Under unknown devices there's: 'Video Controller (VGA Compatible)'
    The vendor and device id's are 10DE and 01D7 which a quick search shows up to be a Nvidia Geforce go 7300.

However, no matter what i do i can't seem to install a driver for it. I keep getting a message saying that 'No Nvidia hardware is located'.

Any idea's what could be causing this?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

Go to laptop to go or guru 3d, dll the latest forceware drivers. Then get a modded .inf

That's all. Replace the inf in the Nvidia folder etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

What way are you trying to do it?

I usually download official driver from here or laptop manufacturers site to Desktop and then, from device manager, tell the unknown device where to look.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭dazco

Okay, i'm downloading a force ware driver form guru now.

I've tried the official nvidia website, using their online hardware checker thing found nothing. Downloading the driver and trying to install finds nothing either. I've tried 3 different sources.

I'll try install from device manager as well and see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭dazco

Cheers CN, the force ware driver installed.

Advertisement