Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motherboard advice..

Options
  • 16-04-2012 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

So I'm ordering a new build from ze germans and I need some advice on the motherboard.
    As I have predominantly used only Gigabyte and Asus boards in my previous builds, I'm slightly hesitant to choose a different manufacturer, but there are a couple of boards I like the look of.
    I've narrowed it down to these..

Asrock Z77 Extreme 4-M

ASUS P8Z77-M PRO

MSI Z77MA-G45

They are all very similar and tick all the boxes for me.
    Usually i would just go for the Asus and not think twice about it, but i really like the look of the Asrock!

I know they are the 3rd best selling motherboard maker, but with the lack of reviews on this particular board, I'm more inclined to go with the good old reliable. Should I take the chance?
    Advice? :pac:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 Mi1o

I will choose Asus, motherboard must be working good not looking nice, but if you like Asrock look then go for this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I had an AM2 system with an ASROCK mainboard for a couple of years and the board was very solid so i would recommend ASROCK .

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

Well the things I love about Asus are the build quality, fan control options and interface.
    Would Asrock be fairly comparable?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 Mi1o

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

It is very hard to say when it comes to new gen mobos like we have now: z77.

As we know one manufacturer can do current gen very well, and then with other gen drop ball completely.

I would go for msi in your case, considering specs would be prety much same.

• Advertisement
Advertisement