Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bloodsport topics

Options
  • 16-04-2012 3:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

I seem to have come across a slight problem, as strangely every thread I posted on- in the hunting/ shooting forums- were closed before I had had a chance to even look at them again. :confused:

Not wanting to be ignorant, thanks for the replies. :)

So off I went to Animal and pet issues, only to discover-

'discussion of bloodsports (including hunting with dogs, hare- coursing and carted stag hunting) is upsetting to many users of this forum. Threads on these topics will be locked or moved to the appropriate forum.

The hunting forum can be found here and the angling forum here.'

So I guess here I will be? It doesnt say which will be locked and which will be moved so..... :confused:

By that that I can only guess whether you are for or against, shouldn't really matter should it? We are all being so civil and all.....

(But if youre anti- dont post in hunting) :rolleyes:

So anyway I thought I would post here to save time (and moving it).

(Had planned on going Balsam Bashing but would you believe the invite got deleted. ) ;)

So again just to say thanks. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

The hunting forum was set up, and is, for like minded people to discuss topics related to hunting in all it's forms. You have tried on numerous occassions to start a discussion on "bloodsports" which always leads to a debate on the morality, and ethics of hunting.

We have tried in the past to allow such topics to be discussed however all threads eventually became train wrecks with those opposed to hunting devolving into name calling, and using buzz words such as bloodsports, murder, etc, etc.

As these threads were a constant "headache" to the mods, and never ended well it was decided that any discussion on the ethics or morality of hunting (as an activity/as a whole) was no longer to be discussed here. The forum, as said above, was started for those involved in hunting, and will remain a place where they can talk openly about their 100% legal sport, hobby, pastime without fear of vilificarion or harassment.

To that end i'm closing this thread. If you wish to discuss my actions feel free to PM myself or any of the mods.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement