Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Feedback Thread **READ POST #1 IN FULL**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

Frisbee wrote: »
    PHB wrote: »
    I would like some sort of gradiated banning system. 2 years leads to one week. 3 yellows leads to two weeks. 4 leads to one month. 5 Yellows Leads to 2 months. 6 Yellows leads to Permanent.

I like that idea but if we're going to get strict let's do it properly.

1st Yellow - 1 month
    2nd Yellow - 2 months
    3rd Yellow - 3 Months
    4th Yellow - 6 Months

Red - 3 months

Each yellow counts as one point and each red counts as 2, so the same as we have it now. But let's reduce you're allowed amount of points before a 6 month ban from 6 to 4. Then if you pick up one yellow within 6 months of coming back from a 6 month ban you get permabanned.

That means any user who gets 4 yellows or a red and and 2 yellows or two reds is gone from the forum for 6 months.

That seems harsh considering some of the yellows that are handed out, I got one for saying someone was smart for using big words, would be ridiculous to be banned for a month for a yellow card like that imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,913 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

It's impossible to find people who are able to do it as we've found.

Not quite true. There are plenty of people able to do it but won't be allowed due to the red tape nonsense I outlined in my first post of the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

That seems harsh considering some of the yellows that are handed out, I got one for saying someone was smart for using big words, would be ridiculous to be banned for a month for a yellow card like that imo.

But, if the response on this thread is to be used as a general indicator of the feeling on the forum, then stricter is what people want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭adox

But, if the response on this thread is to be used as a general indicator of the feeling on the forum, then stricter is what people want.

But it seems you are going from one extreme to the other, from being overly lenient to certainly overly harsh with the above suggestions.

Some middle ground, as most things in life, is the answer.

So instead of going from 6 allowed infraction points to 4 allowed infractions points we'll just drop it to 5.

And change to:

1st Yellow - 1 Week
    2nd Yellow - 2 Weeks
    3rd Yellow - 1 Month
    4th Yellow - 2 Months
    5th Yellow - 6 Months

Red - 2 Months

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Perhaps a change in the access procedure?

Is it just 50 posts required before access can be granted,and no time frame?

How about a minimum of 200 posts and a 3 month boards membership limit?

Its relatively easy to get to 50 posts nowadays what with the amount of different fora on boards however I think having a longer waiting period for membership will stop alot of the fly by nights as they wont have the patients to wait.

I know you could argue that it may alienate some potential members however at the end of the day,if they want to contribute they wont mind the wait imo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Extra Mods...

I would like to make it easier for mods to ban people. It's an absolute pain in the ass dealing with the PMs and the Feedback, which tends to take more time than the actual modding....

I would like some sort of gradiated banning system. 2 years leads to one week. 3 yellows leads to two weeks. 4 leads to one month. 5 Yellows Leads to 2 months. 6 Yellows leads to Permanent.

Match Threads

I remember saying that I think atleast 3 new mods are needed so obviously couldnt agree more there and I would think your second point also needs to be addressed if people are going to want the job. Your next higlighted idea I think is a very good one, it's like how persistant fowling leads to a yellow and then a red if you repeat offend moderators shouldnt be as lenient. If its repeat offenders who are getting dealt with in a more strict manner more often than not then I doubt there would be as much conversation about how the mods shouldnt act stricter (as obviously it would suggest that one off offenses from generally good poster wouldnt be dealt with as strictly.

With regards match threads, I dont see why they wouldnt be locked after the match is over or say 24hrs after when any leftover discussion could be moved to the clubs own threads. This would both stop a lot of the bickering between opposing fans (and 3rd party fans often trying to wind people up) and would make any WUMs far more apparent as they would be the ones going to the opposing fans thread to argue their point (not to say this cant be done but if a Villa match thread was locked I'd go to the Villa thread to post my thoughts about it not the opponents one).

I'd also think that if people didnt consider a match big enough for it to warrant its own thread then discussion of a teams ongoing match should be allowed in that teams thread.

Its relatively easy to get to 50 posts nowadays what with the amount of different fora on boards however I think having a longer waiting period for membership will stop alot of the fly by nights as they wont have the patients to wait.

I know you could argue that it may alienate some potential members however at the end of the day,if they want to contribute they wont mind the wait imo.

This would also be worth looking at imo as one thing it could affect is duplicate accounts as I would assume that anyone who creates one just so as to get around a ban would still have to fill this quota of posts on this new account before getting access. Simply by moving it up you may make it so that someone who got a short ban and might have re-regged to avoid it will simply consider it too long and time consuming a process to bother with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Extra Mods

Personally, I'd love to have extra mods. Frankly though, it's extremely difficult to find anyone. We went through all the regular posters on this forum and most have been banned, or being close to being banned, or simply wouldn't.

Hopefully we'll get some movement in this area, but I'd prefer less good mods to more mods who cause trouble themselves.

The current status quo is not acceptable. You need to drop your standards some / consider guys who have garnered the odd card or infraction in the past / or go outside to other forums and get some guys in to do some janitorial work.

Your team is not getting through the moderating work load this forum throws up at the moment. So 'but we can't find anyone' cannot be the end of the matter.
    Yeah, I'm going to be really blunt here, I'm not doing that. To be really honest, this is a volunteer job. We do it because we're helping out. It's impossible to find people who are able to do it as we've found. We'll sort it out so there's someone here for the the big games, i.e. anything involving United and Liverpool at the same time, but the idea of a rota to watch stuff just isn't really going to work.

I don't work for boards. I don't intend on it. If you ever want to see something like this happening, I suggest you get onto the admins and tell them they need to hire someone professionally.Until then, you'll never find anyone who the admins will actually want to do it willing to do it.

A team of volunteers will always have gaps. Hopefully more volunteers means less gaps, but that's about the extent of it.

I could go on a rant here, but I won't. I'll gently suggest that there are many, many volunteer activities in this world that involve people turning up at a specified time to do something that needs doing - and volunteer teams that work out scheduling in advance.

Volunteering /= I'll put as little time in as I want, and only if it suits me to do so

That's a pretty good idea.
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    The current status quo is not acceptable. You need to drop your standards some / consider guys who have garnered the odd card or infraction in the past / or go outside to other forums and get some guys in to do some janitorial work.

Your team is not getting through the moderating work load this forum throws up at the moment. So 'but we can't find anyone' cannot be the end of the matter.

It's not that we can't find anyone. We've found a number of people. However either the admins haven't gotten back to us with their decision or they've said the person isn't suitable. We've gotten an ok on one poster so hopefully we can get them on board asap.
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Volunteering /= I'll put as little time in as I want, and only if it suits me to do so

No-one said that. All he said that Mods aren't going to put their real lives on hold in order to be online at a certain time for a football game. Obviously we try and make sure there's someone online on matchdays and particularly when a match like United/Pool is going to bring the droolers out en masse, but if we can't have anyone around none of us are going to drop something in the real world to sit on the internet instead.

It's not that we can't find anyone. We've found a number of people. However either the admins haven't gotten back to us with their decision or they've said the person isn't suitable. We've gotten an ok on one poster so hopefully we can get them on board asap.

Maybe it's time for this thread to involve some admins who can explain these decisions and appointment hold ups that are ultimately killing the forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Maybe it's time for this thread to involve some admins who can explain these decisions and appointment hold ups that are ultimately killing the forum.

lol, fair shout - but good luck getting them to offer a real and useful explanation! :)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Stand to be corrected here, but does the infraction system need to be followed so rigidly? It does come across like that a lot of the time. Speaking to other mods across the board, and I myself implement if and when needed but IMO sometimes the best course of action is to straight out ban an individual for whatever period of time the mod(s) feel is fitting.

A lot of the trolls/WUMS simply couldn't give a damn about being infracted, I don't need to say this. We all know this.

The infraction system mentioned and currently in use could be made far more simpler:

2 yellow cards = 2 week ban
    1 red card = 2 week ban

I kept this very brief, but it's just a basic outline for most instances. Just having a look at the Gerrard myth thread the other day, I'm still astonished as to why posters with 6 pages if not more worth of infractions continually gets away with some of the ****e posted tbh. Eventually he was pulled up on it but it took so, so long. Clear, he/she should have been permabanned a long, long time ago if not sitebanned but anyway, I digress.

Besides that, my other grief would be mod presence. If you're a mod of this forum or any of the sports forums, it's near essential that at least one mod needs to be around for a lot of the big games be it in the CL, EPL, La Liga (El Classico namely, the thread was just pitiful this past weekend), etc. It's a shame there is no such such way of making someone a temporary mod ie: one for matchday threads or something along those lines as it'd be a weight lifted I reckon.

+1 to this.

Jesus the selective reading on this forum is something else.

We try to make sure there will be someone online during match times. And usually we do. The last few months it's occured that no-one was online probably more than any time in the last two years, but with what some of the lads have going on in real life at the moment that couldn't be helped

However if we all already have real life plans none of us are going to go out of our way to cancel them to mod an internet forum ffs. And I think anyone who would be willing to do that needs to take a step back from the internet tbh.

The Mod presence thing is being addressed. It stated that in the OP. I've stated it 3 or 4 times since then. PHB has stated it. T4TF has stated it. Slick has stated it. We get it. We're trying to get more Mods on board. And yet people are still insisting on bringing it up for some reason. Bizarre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I would prefer a probationary period for new members of the soccer forum, say a month. It will become very clear within that time frame what the user is interested in, while on probation a 3 strikes and your out/perma banned policy maybe?

It is possible for a new user not fully familiar with message board etiquette etc to have a couple of slip ups, thats the reason I would advocate a 3 strike policy during probation rather then a 1 strike one.

For a red card offence though during the probation period its an insta removal from the forum?

Jesus the selective reading on this forum is something else.

The Mod presence thing is being addressed. It stated that in the OP. I've stated it 3 or 4 times since then. PHB has stated it. T4TF has stated it. Slick has stated it. We get it. We're trying to get more Mods on board. And yet people are still insisting on bringing it up for some reason. Bizarre.

The thing is though, the response given has been the usual line when this subject is brought up, that "there is nobody able to do it" "the admins have refused our suggestions" "one user has been approved but I dont really think he wants the gig!" It doesnt actually deal with the issue satisfactorily.

You are aware of the problem of mod shortage, great, maybe if you explained how you are trying to get more on board it would help? Are you lobbying for a change in policy with regards to appointing new mods? If the admins are of the opinion that there are no suitable users on the forum then another forum must be raided surely or the standards must be lowered.

Simply saying, yes we know we have a problem there, but there isnt much we can do about it doesnt wash.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Spot On

If that was over your quip to me I can assure you it was someone taking offence on my behalf. I think my follow-up posts proved that the post was taken in jest as it should have been.

I'm happy to advocate on your behalf to have it rescinded if you need me to.

I got one for slagging off Esteghlal. :(

The abuse I've been getting of their fans now! Unreal. Serious h8rz!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

No need to be snappy. This is a feedback thread after all, and a lot of what is said is going over old ground just like any feedback thread across the site. That is to be expected. I don't see the harm in it. As a whole I've said my main piece in the other thread that was locked.

Anyway, I'll bow out here. If users are going to be treated to snappy remarks from mods in a feedback thread of all threads, no matter if things are being repeated. Good luck to those hoping for change.

kryogen wrote: »
    The thing is though, the response given has been the usual line when this subject is brought up, that "there is nobody able to do it" "the admins have refused our suggestions" "one user has been approved but I dont really think he wants the gig!" It doesnt actually deal with the issue satisfactorily.

You are aware of the problem of mod shortage, great, maybe if you explained how you are trying to get more on board it would help? Are you lobbying for a change in policy with regards to appointing new mods? If the admins are of the opinion that there are no suitable users on the forum then another forum must be raided surely or the standards must be lowered.

We've one approved who at the time we weren't sure if he wanted it. But we think he's going to take it now.

We've had a few turned down.

We have two more names up with the admins at the moment waiting to hear back if they'll be suitable.

We've mentioned 5 or 6 times the issue is being addressed. As Soccer Mods we've done all we can to get new Mods.

Simply saying, yes we know we have a problem there, but there isnt much we can do about it doesnt wash.

Never said there isn't much we can do about it. We've done everything we possibly can. It's not the Soccer Mods fault that it's taking this long to get admin approval.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Good call by Otis regarding joining the forum in my opinion, a longer waiting time may put off anyone wanting to join for the sake of becoming the forum's next amazing wum.

Mitch connor, daithijj, rarnes1, kess or ade would all make good mods imo.

• Advertisement

Its not a nomination process though, and imo it should not be done by any public nomination process, in my experience, popularity contests are rarely a good way to determine anything (except popularity naturally :))

Not having a go at anybody mentioned either btw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I would prefer a probationary period for new members of the soccer forum, say a month. It will become very clear within that time frame what the user is interested in, while on probation a 3 strikes and your out/perma banned policy maybe?

It is possible for a new user not fully familiar with message board etiquette etc to have a couple of slip ups, thats the reason I would advocate a 3 strike policy during probation rather then a 1 strike one.

For a red card offence though during the probation period its an insta removal from the forum?

A probationary period currently exists, whether it is being enforced I can't say. Check the access request mechanism and charter for details.

How is it that if someone does have several posts trolling a match thread, he'll still only get one infraction for trolling, instead, infract all the posts that are deemed trolling and then you'll have the 6 month ban and the trolling will stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

It is often not easy to determine if someone is trolling (unless they are persistent trolls in which case we will already be looking at them on that score). A call is taken across a number of posts. Where a member is blatantly trolling, they will likely get a yellow for that, in some cases a member can troll at a low level across a number of posts that each on their own, would not warrant a yellow but if taken together in a thread/number of posts would be considered trolling.

On the probationary period, this is already in place, we keep a list on the access requests forum. We spend quite a bit of time reviewing members before we give them access too. I probably spend 2-3 mins reviewing a members posting history, infractions and using some of the mod tools at our disposal before allowing them access. When giving an infraction we check if the user is on the probation list and if they are then they face a stiffer sanction.

As regards more mods, we are working on it. It has been said before, it probably will be said again, but we are doing as much as we can so I suggest that people stop banging that drum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I don't see why the admins decide if they're suitable or not?

Shows mistrust?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Too Lenient
    Samich wrote: »
    I don't see why the admins decide if they're suitable or not?

Shows mistrust?

It's the standard policy of boards, it's nothing personal against any of the soccer mods.

IMO **** like this needs to be eradicated from the forum. Totally and utterly off topic and a clear attempt at trolling at the very start of what has the potential to be a decent thread.

For a blatant post like that a week or two ban is more appropriate than a yellow card IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Too Lenient
    It's just a joke, right? That's where I disagree with most people here it seems. Surely people can just not pay any heed to it if they feel it offends them. I'm not even sure how it would offend anyone tbh.

Y'all will be happy to know that we've found some stupid enough to be one of the new Soccer Mods.

Two more on the way soon hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Y'all will be happy to know that we've found some stupid enough to be one of the new Soccer Mods.

Two more on the way soon hopefully.

God love them:D

For what it's worth I think the mods here do a great job in what is easily one of the hardest forums to mod.

I believe they are damned if they do as they are adjudged to be too strict and damned if they don't cos then they are open to criticisms of being too lenient.....
    Very difficult to please everyone.

I wish the new mods well:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,370 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

fúcking muppets.

:p

Jaysus lads your really selling the job well, hope the new fellah doesent change his mind now :PAC:

... glad it looks like there will be a few new recruits to the mod squad soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Too Lenient
    SlickRic wrote: »
    fúcking muppets.

:p

:eek:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Far too many crybabies and idiots. More time is spent talking about moderation and whingeing about other posters than is spent talking about soccer. That's the basis of your problem if you ask me.

There's no reason people should be getting yellow cards left, right and centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Good to see inconsistent modding again.

Got a warning for calling john terry a douche for getting sent off! It wasn't even in a trolling or aggrieved context, all my posts Showed I was genuinely disappointed for Chelsea.

Some people called him alot worse - tramp, idiot etc and got nothing.

Funny that most my warnings on this forum Come from the same mod. Pathetic inconsistant stuff. Is anybody actually making sure mods don't just pick out posters they don't like for extra vigilant discipline?

And this is feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Drumpot wrote: »

Got a warning for calling john terry a douche for getting sent off! It wasn't even in a trolling or aggrieved context, all my posts Showed I was genuinely disappointed for Chelsea.

Funny that most my warnings on this forum Come from the same mod. Pathetic inconsistant stuff. Is anybody actually making sure mods don't just pick out posters they don't like for extra vigilant discipline?

And this is feedback.

Its bad enough we have to call this forum Soccer when we all know its Football, we dont want more Americanisms coming in like douche or jerk off...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

And this is feedback.

Have you reported the posts that were abusive?

The thread is almost 1500 pages long for Gods sake,you expect the mods to wade through every single post or something?

And this is feedback.

I will respond to this in much the same way that I responded to the PM you sent me whinging that I had infracted you for breach of the charter. You received a yellow, because the charter that you agreed to when joining the forum and agree to every time that you post, quite clearly states that abuse of a player gets you an infraction. You abused a player and received an infraction and now you have decided that because you do not like having another yellow against your name, you will complain in all of the places that you can. This is one of the problems that I have with this forum as it stands and it is something that many have already pointed out, people break the rules, cry about inconsistent modding and then try and make out like it is some nature of conspiracy against them because they have fallen foul of the rules. They will often then follow it up with a search through every post they can find trying to get other people infracted for anything that is vaguely similar and complain at any level they can if they do not see the result that they want. Eventually the toys will be replaced in the pram, dummies will be put back in mouths and the status quo will be restored until they step out of line again and try to deflect the blame once more.

That too was feedback.

Have you reported the posts that were abusive?

The thread is almost 1500 pages long for Gods sake,you expect the mods to wade through every single post or something?

Are you kidding me ? How did he manage to pick out my post when there are plenty of other far worse posts . .

I am not offended by any of them and I wasnt looking to offend anybody. How is that any differant to saying Terry was stupid ? If you want me to go through the thread I will gladly post a link to every post this mod hasnt bothered looking at . .

its very easy to find "warnable" posts if you want . .

Page 29, 30, 31, 32,33,34 and yet my little old post was singled out but none of these (around the same time that I posted) were considered the same as "douche" - "what a scumbag" , "***** terry", "idiot Terry","delighted Terry you tramp", "dirty bastard, get off you tosser" and thats just the first 3 pages . .

Dont make this out to be anything other then it is. Inconsistant and lazy modding . . I would love to know why these posts (that I found in less then 10 seconds) havent been dealt with the same scrutiny that the word "douche" has ? Maybe you can ask the mod how he missed pages of similar or far worse insults directed at Terry in exactly the same place where i posted ?

I dont mind being pulled up for making a mistake and breaking the charter, but its ridiculous if this place is being modded as inconsistantly as this example clearly proves . .

This is an official complaint (if this is where to do it). It didnt take long to find loads of simple examples of where double standards have been applied . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

How can a reported post disappear without trace?

I will respond to this in much the same way that I responded to the PM you sent me whinging that I had infracted you for breach of the charter. You received a yellow, because the charter that you agreed to when joining the forum and agree to every time that you post, quite clearly states that abuse of a player gets you an infraction. You abused a player and received an infraction and now you have decided that because you do not like having another yellow against your name, you will complain in all of the places that you can. This is one of the problems that I have with this forum as it stands and it is something that many have already pointed out, people break the rules, cry about inconsistent modding and then try and make out like it is some nature of conspiracy against them because they have fallen foul of the rules. They will often then follow it up with a search through every post they can find trying to get other people infracted for anything that is vaguely similar and complain at any level they can if they do not see the result that they want. Eventually the toys will be replaced in the pram, dummies will be put back in mouths and the status quo will be restored until they step out of line again and try to deflect the blame once more.

That too was feedback.

That wasnt feedback, that was simply rhetoric that avoided my complaint (or whine as you put it).

It is inconsistant modding and you know I wasnt complaining because i got a warning, it was because I was clearly singled out. You can find plenty of people breaking your sacred rules in that match thread quite easily and quickly . . In practically every page of the Barca match thread somebody has posted something very simiar or far worse to my post and yet nothing . .

It is pathetic and clear poor modding and double standards of the highest, particularly if you cant even properly engage in a discussion questioning your "authority" without reverting to insulting me by saying I am "whining" . . Suppose its do as we say , not as we do here . . Very poor form.

I am not a trouble maker in this forum and just want to be treated like everybody else with the same standards . .

Also, one more suggestion for you pole - "modding is too inconsistant"

• Advertisement

That wasnt feedback, that was simply rhetoric that avoided my complaint (or whine as you put it).

It is inconsistant modding and you know I wasnt complaining because i got a warning, it was because I was clearly singled out. You can find plenty of people breaking your sacred rules in that match thread quite easily and quickly . . In practically every page of the Barca match thread somebody has posted something very simiar or far worse to my post and yet nothing . .

It is pathetic and clear poor modding and double standards of the highest, particularly if you cant even properly engage in a discussion questioning your "authority" without reverting to insulting me by saying I am "whining" . . Suppose its do as we say , not as we do here . . Very poor form.

I am not a trouble maker in this forum and just want to be treated like everybody else with the same standards . .

Also, one more suggestion for you pole - "modding is too inconsistant"
    I responded to a reported post. The report is there, it is viewable by any that have access. There are many others that have been warned on that thread and deleted. Of course you have not seen them and are continuing to maintain that it is just lazy modding. I am spending as much time responding to your "whinging" (not whining) about your infraction as I am able to spend on dealing with other issues on the forum. I know what I would prefer to be doing and that is not dealing with someone who wants to wriggle out of an infraction by complaining and complaining in the hope that a mod will back down or they will be inundated with work by virtue of you planning to go back through threads to find anything vaguely similar and report anything you can dig up.

If you do want to raise a formal complaint then you shoudl use the DRP process BTW, anything that you post in here will not be dealt with by an administrator. This is feedback on the soccer forum not Prison.

Nice edit BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

I responded to a reported post. The report is there, it is viewable by any that have access. There are many others that have been warned on that thread and deleted. Of course you have not seen them and are continuing to maintain that it is just lazy modding. I am spending as much time responding to your "whinging" (not whining) about your infraction as I am able to spend on dealing with other issues on the forum. I know what I would prefer to be doing and that is not dealing with someone who wants to wriggle out of an infraction by complaining and complaining in the hope that a mod will back down or they will be inundated with work by virtue of you planning to go back through threads to find anything vaguely similar and report anything you can dig up.

If you do want to raise a formal complaint then you shoudl use the DRP process BTW, anything that you post in here will not be dealt with by an administrator. This is feedback on the soccer forum not Prison.

Nice edit BTW.

Would appreciate a reply about the warning I have received when your on, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Just an idea how would a joke/rant thread go down?

No discussion, anyone who replies to another post gets a yellow/ban?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

This is probably the most simple/obvious solution. Would make a big difference to the forum.

Southpark_Respect_My_Authority_Cartman_t-shirt_S.jpg

I suppose we will need someone to cover the Championshop threads next season :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Best of luck with it Bounty Hunter!! :)

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I suppose we will need someone to cover the Championshop threads next season :pac:

There are championship threads!

Would like to say though I'm not the Villa mod. Yes I do support Villa (for my sins) but to be honest I couldn't care if you a Man utd, Liverpool, Villa, Barca or Waterford city fan the rules should apply to all the same.

I'll check em out when I get home from work but feckin hell, I had 10-15 soccer related reports before I even knew I'd officially been made soccer mod.

Even tho I'm already a pw mod, it may take a lil while before I'm laying the smackdown on all the trolls who don't know their role and shut their mouths, please be patient change to a forum like this won't happen overnight and not until we get another few new mods on board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Too Lenient
    Jaysus lads your really selling the job well, hope the new fellah doesent change his mind now :PAC:

... glad it looks like there will be a few new recruits to the mod squad soon

Rise above the inevitable pro wrestling jibes. ;) :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement