Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ecoparcel claims to be the cheapest courier??

Options
  • 16-04-2012 9:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hey there,

I urgently need to send several packages to spain. i was googling and found out this delivery service company called ecoparcel.eu, has anyone used it before? because it seems to be really cheap, almost half price than other couriers but is it reliable? thanks a lot!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

I wouldn't call them really really cheap. They have good prices. €24.78 for a 10kg to vitoria, whch for a one off is good (I pay about €17 for the same package with DPD with bulk rates)

Its a simple system - they get bulk rates, pass some of the savings onto you and keep some of the savings themselves.

Chances are it would be a dpd or dhl van that will pick the parcel up from you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 stacey25

i see, thanks Sandin;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jellybean81

Hi I am also looking to send a parcel to Portugal. Its 7kgs and most courier services (DHL/UPS etc)are quoting €100+ but ecoparcel is only €33. Are they a scam? Has anyone used them before? Feedback would be great!
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Hi I am also looking to send a parcel to Portugal. Its 7kgs and most courier services (DHL/UPS etc)are quoting €100+ but ecoparcel is only €33. Are they a scam? Has anyone used them before? Feedback would be great!
    Thanks.

You're making the error of comparing an express air courier service with a parcel delivery service.

UPS/DHL are quoting you for their courier servcie which is air based and would probably deliver next day. An Post is €60 for air freight service, but quote 2/3 days.

Eco Parcel are quoting you for surface service that will take approx 4/5 days to portugal.

IMO, €33 is about ok for portugal. GLS Parcel shops charge about €36 (that's comparing like with like)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jellybean81

sandin wrote: »
    You're making the error of comparing an express air courier service with a parcel delivery service.

UPS/DHL are quoting you for their courier servcie which is air based and would probably deliver next day. An Post is €60 for air freight service, but quote 2/3 days.

Eco Parcel are quoting you for surface service that will take approx 4/5 days to portugal.

IMO, €33 is about ok for portugal. GLS Parcel shops charge about €36 (that's comparing like with like)
    This is the first time I have had to send something that wasn't a letter abroad so I am not really bothered how it gets there. I am looking for the cheapest way to get it there for 2 weeks time but it needs to be insured and defo get there!!
    I had never heard of ecoparcel and reviews on other sites say that they are a scam company so I wanted to see if anyone here used them or found them to be a scam.
    I will look into GLS and DPD as these also seem to be reasonable and I've heard of them!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 yugi

Hi Jellybean,

did you use ecoparcel in the end?

I want to ship 2 parcels 19kg each from france to ireland
    2 * 70cm 50cm 40cm

Can anybody recommend a budget service, there is no rush for delivery

thanks
    Yugi

• Registered Users Posts: 26 derekohara

Apparently they send a few parcels to get some legitimate reviews but in most cases ripp you off just as I have been. They took my money but there's no service and you can't even contact them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭thefizz

I have used them many times in the last two years and never had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 maika3

Send a packet from spain to ireland with ecoparcel, 13kg, 50X45X60 (aprox) , cost me 40€ and was delivered in the stimated time they gave me: 6 days. Perfect contitions.

I was honestly very scared cause was the first time -and for the moment the only one- I've used them, but everything was perfect. I must say I made sure packet was very well protected!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 stra

Can anyone verify if these guys are legit and reliable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭thefizz

stra wrote: »
    Can anyone verify if these guys are legit and reliable?

Yes they are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 BattleReady

We use parcel direct for all our deliveries, they're based in Ireland and at least have a phone you can call if you have any questions

• Registered Users Posts: 2 manasou

Valuable parcel lost, no sign of it after a month... Not getting any refund as well... Such a terrible service. Avoid at all cost.

Advertisement