Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubs in Howth

Options
  • 16-04-2012 10:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi all,

I moved to Howth at the end of last year and have been trying to find a book club or something similar to join where I can meet people. Would anyone happen to have any information or know of any such clubs? I think there is a Peninsular Society but I can't find anything whatsoever about it.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

The Peninsula Society is made up of nattering elderly ladies who have a book club, visit gardens and have coffee mornings. If you are not over 60 and don't have good a good china tea service, it's not really for you. If it is for you, let me know and I'll get the contacts from my mother who is a member.

An idea for you is to have a look in the library to see if anything on the noticeboard there piques your interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Thanks Tricky D. I'm only 29 so think I might give the tea party a miss for the time being, Although I did like you said and checked out the library notice board last night and nothing going. Apparently there is a bookclub in Bayside but that's not really convenient as I don't drive. Ah well. I shall remain friendless and maybe pounce on intoxicated people in bars at closing time and ask them to brunch lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

Bayside is only 10 minutes on a bicycle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

You could try put your own notice up in the library or Centra to start your own book club.
    I know I would have gone to one while living in Howth.

Advertisement