Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Student Centre - Graduate Access ?

Options
  • 16-04-2012 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if graduates will have access to the pool & gym of the new centre?

Considering our SU Fees were buffed to pay for it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Graduates can get a reduced rate membership. Prices haven't been released yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

WeeBushy wrote: »
    Graduates can get a reduced rate membership. Prices haven't been released yet.

Sweet Cheers :)
    Any word on when its due to open ?

Have to say, it looks Fantastic.

'Over the summer' according the the latest on their fb page. I'd imagine they want it opened before the new semester starts in September so they can test run everything, but seeing how many delays to the opening date there have been so far I'd say it would be later in the summer rather than earlier.

It does look pretty spanky it must be said. I'll have been in UCD 6 years and I'm going to miss it by just a few months, pretty annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

They had a FB update last night saying that the new Forum Bar was going to be opening in October, when previously it was to be open the same time as the Centre itself.

I'd bet decent money that the bar is going to be delayed until Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 OmegaRed10

Tbf judging by how empty the College Bar has been this year there could be an argument not to have a bar there at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Don't think so - I avoid the Student Bar because it's kind of a dive, the one in the student centre was much nicer before it closed.

Latest from their fb page:

The building, including the pool and gym, is due to open at end of June. We will be launching more details, including rates, shortly.

http://www.facebook.com/studentcentre/posts/359086010794203

Latest update from their fb page:

Please be advised that Crunch UCD will cease operation in UCD Sports Centre from Monday, 30th April. The pool and gym (UCD Sport & Fitness) will open towards the end of June 2012. Unfortunately, there will be no gym facility prior to the new building opening. However, please be advised that all other sports facilities will operate as normal and with a full programme of fitness classes scheduled. If you have any queries in relation to the new pool and gym please visit www.ucd.ie/studentcentre/sc2 or email fitness@ucd.ie

There were photos up there of the pool, sauna etc. but I can't find them now. It looks awesome.

Advertisement