Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animated favicon how to?

Options
  • 16-04-2012 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭

Hi! I`m trying to impress my lecturer by putting an animated favicon on my website. I have .ico and gif files in my website root folder where do I go from there? I tried putting the code, which I found online, in between the head tags but nothing. Am I suppose to link it to the code somehow?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

em yeah I know thats not what I asked, what would that have to do with anything? I use Mozilla if that makes a difference. I was looking for more of a step by step of how to, is it as simple as add your gif and .ico files add the code and it should work or is there something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

theg81der wrote: »
    em yeah I know thats not what I asked, what would that have to do with anything? I use Mozilla if that makes a difference. I was looking for more of a step by step of how to, is it as simple as add your gif and .ico files add the code and it should work or is there something else?

The tone of your response is hardly the way to ingratiate yourself to any potential respondents.

Anyway, here you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Post your code so we can see if there is something obviously wrong.

The tone of your response is hardly the way to ingratiate yourself to any potential respondents.

Anyway, here you go.

:o sorry didn`t mean to come across as rude :confused: in class responding quickly.
    Thanks for the link!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

theg81der wrote: »
    Was just offering an alternative to a tacky animated favicon.

smash wrote: »
    Was just offering an alternative to a tacky animated favicon.

Omg I love it! maybe I`m tacky so :p
    Anyway got it workin yey!!

Advertisement