Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washington DC J1 Accomadation

Options
  • 16-04-2012 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi All,

I'm going to the states on a J1 for the summer, I'm finding it hard to find accomadation, has anyone gone to Washington DC on a J1? Where did you stay if you did?

I'm travelling with USIT, so if there are any USIT reps here would they be able to point me in the right direction? Maybe some campus accomadation or something similar?

I'm going over with my gf so I'm only looking for an apartment for the two of us, we've a job sorted in Arlington, VA, which is just across the river from DC

Thanks in advanced,
    Gillen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

gillen wrote: »
    Hi All,

I'm going to the states on a J1 for the summer, I'm finding it hard to find accomadation, has anyone gone to Washington DC on a J1? Where did you stay if you did?

I'm travelling with USIT, so if there are any USIT reps here would they be able to point me in the right direction? Maybe some campus accomadation or something similar?

I'm going over with my gf so I'm only looking for an apartment for the two of us, we've a job sorted in Arlington, VA, which is just across the river from DC

Thanks in advanced,
    Gillen

I've never actually lived in DC but I used to spend a lot of time down there when I lived in New York so I can give you a bit of information.

Basically, George Washington University in Foggy Bottom is your best bet for campus style accomodation, very spacious and comfortable frat houses are let out to interns for the summer.

However I'm struggling to belive you're finding accomodation difficult to find. The city is overrun with interns in all the law firms and government departments during the summer time. As a result there is vast amounts of intern housing all over the city, mainly in the NW. Have a google is my best advice.

Basically you'll want to live on a Metro Line to make getting to Arlington easy. Pretty much anywhere in NW is fine to live and SW is also ok. I loved Shaw myself, close enough to town that you can walk and only a 15 minute taxi ride to Adams Morgan You'll have to investigate commute times youself though, never had to work there.

Advertisement